Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Barbarian He-Man Thread ( Official Oo-Larr )

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulisses31 View Post
    Hey Meggy a thread were we can agree... is this the Twilight Zone?
    Nah, it's my dual nature...although I'm a notorious 200X fan, I'm also a huge pre-filmation/early MOTU fan as well. I might have those who disagree with me when it comes to 200X in MOTUC, but will agree with me when it comes down to the pre-filmation era.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Add me to the list of the ones who will be getting Barbarian He-Man!
    Positive Transactions-greyskull1, Kero, miasboytoy, MOTU_Maniac, Big Country, Beastmangler, biged98, EwR-Disaster, masterenglish, Radrcks, Son Of Keldor, myers04, tattoojunkie74, He-Cowboy, Judeh Simon, Dr Kain, BrandnChicagoHorde, JonnyTyler, Mern-Ra, wolvie3579, Toygiant, Grayskulls Fakor, Villa-man, Fisto69, Mdoclar, degra, Dawg88, Jii Dee & Many More Orgers...

I'd pick it him up though a small voice in my head is saying I could just strip all the stuff off my existing He-man and I'd have a Savage He-man.

Speaking of a blonde Barbarian Teela I thought I saw somewhere a DC Savage-land pack that came with some barbarian guy, a Sabre Tooth Tiger and a female character who'd fill that role pretty well. Don't recall if the scale was right though...

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Nah, it's my dual nature...although I'm a notorious 200X fan, I'm also a huge pre-filmation/early MOTU fan as well. I might have those who disagree with me when it comes to 200X in MOTUC, but will agree with me when it comes down to the pre-filmation era.
    Filmation... that is what you really don´t dig... isn´t it?
    Now available for commissions.

Subscribe to TMNT Redesign Challenge News,
    if you want to be update to every The Technodrome Redesign Challenge.

Check my customs at Figure Realm
    Deviantart - http://gomes31.deviantart.com/
    www.facebook.com/Ulisses31Omega
    www.facebook.com/PauloGomesArt
    If you cannot convince them, confuse them. - Harry S Truman

Barbarian He-Man? Ugh!! It's stuff like this that killed the 200x line. I don't need a He-Man without his armor or his boots, and with Skeletor hands. I can guarantee that this will be one figure that I will not purchase.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

Quote Originally Posted by nato View Post
    Barbarian He-Man? Ugh!! It's stuff like this that killed the 200x line. I don't need a He-Man without his armor or his boots, and with Skeletor hands. I can guarantee that this will be one figure that I will not purchase.
    Homages to the original MotU mini comics killed the 200X line? News to me!

I know I know; you meant constant variants. However, like I said, this is a homage to a lost story and age, not random-new-armor-he-man-with-giant-gimmick-item. This is no where near what killed the 200X line, in fact, I think the culprit is still up for debate.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulisses31 View Post
    Filmation... that is what you really don´t dig... isn´t it?
    Yeah. For me, it kiddified MOTU. He-Man went from a rugged barbarian to a transforming Saturday morning superhero with magical saturday morning cutesy sidekicks to appeal more to kids.

I don't outright hate Filmation, but I don't hold it in the high regard that others would. I like the feel of MYP (which still has those Filmation elements but made them alot better) and the original mini-comics way better.

Imagine being a fan of the original B&W Eastman and Laird comics, then seeing the TMNT in the Fred Wolf cartoons yelling "Turtle Power", eating pizza and fighting idiot villains? Or it's like being a comic book Batman fan...and the most famous incarnation is "Na-na, na-na, na-na, na-na, Batman!"

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Homages to the original MotU mini comics killed the 200X line? News to me!

I know I know; you meant constant variants. However, like I said, this is a homage to a lost story and age, not random-new-armor-he-man-with-giant-gimmick-item. This is no where near what killed the 200X line, in fact, I think the culprit is still up for debate.
    I just think it's silly to have basically the same character with a minor adjustment (bare feet and different hands). It's like Hasbro re-releasing characters with different poses. I mean, really, how many different Darth Vaders in different poses does someone really need?

I'm cool with them releasing it for the people that like it.......only if it's a bonus figure. That would be a month where I wouldn't have to worry about ordering.

I'm cool with them releasing it for the people that like it.......only if it's a bonus figure. That would be a month where I wouldn't have to worry about ordering.
    I think it would be a bonus figure...those are usually figures that are mostly non-essential repaints and don't take up the regular monthly slot.

That seems to be the best way to do it. Those who do not want it wont feel obliged to buy it while those, like me, who must get everything can snatch him right up.
    Wanted: Episode 40 Comic.

Best news i have heard all day, I can't wait for this.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Quote Originally Posted by RavenousPuma View Post
    I'd pick it him up though a small voice in my head is saying I could just strip all the stuff off my existing He-man and I'd have a Savage He-man.

Speaking of a blonde Barbarian Teela I thought I saw somewhere a DC Savage-land pack that came with some barbarian guy, a Sabre Tooth Tiger and a female character who'd fill that role pretty well. Don't recall if the scale was right though...
    You mean the Marvel Legends Savage Land box set:

Although Ka-zar does look similar to barbarian He-Man, those figures would be far too small and underscaled for Masters of the Universe.

I do wish there were some savage female tribe member (dressed like Shanna) that knew He-Man before he met the sorceress/goddess, or that Teela was that tribe member. That would've made things really interesting.

Barbarian He-Man with Skeletor hands? What are you talking about?
    Bikini Teela: Hottest version ever!!

I just think it's silly to have basically the same character with a minor adjustment (bare feet and different hands). It's like Hasbro re-releasing characters with different poses. I mean, really, how many different Darth Vaders in different poses does someone really need?

Man, Vader is even worse! They keep using the same mold over and over and that mold's hands are almost completely open! They don't hold things!

Anyway, I agree! I figure he'll be best as a bonus figure, or perhaps the subscription incentive.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

[QUOTE=Teela-Na;2222733

Barbarian He-Man with Skeletor hands? What are you talking about? [/QUOTE]

I thought....judging by the second art picture, that he had hands with "clawed" fingernails? The fingernails look really big in the artwork.

Impin' Ain't Easy! DreamTripper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    I am excited about the prospect of getting a Barbarian He-Man down the line. Though I wonder if they'll offer him as the Subscriber's exclusive for 2011 - each year they offer a different pre-cursor He-Man for subscribers?
    I posted this exact same idea a month or so ago. I'll try to find the thread it was in later.

Support Bili the Droid
    It's GrAyskull. It's posted all over the packaging and this site.
    CANON-the body of rules, principles, or standards accepted as axiomatic and universally binding in a field of study or art, such as a storyline
    CANNON-a mounted gun for firing heavy projectiles; a gun, howitzer, or mortar.

Imp is here!
    I will change my avatar as soon as Songster is made in MOTUC

I like the idea of having others take the title "He-Man" throughout the ages, but I hate the idea of battling foes that look the same as the ones Adam battles.

If Barbarian He-Man is not Adam, does that mean the creature he's fighting is not Skeletor but only looks like Skeletor? How boring... I really hope that's not the case.

i personally LOVE the idea of a Barbarian version. My mind swirls with all the bio ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    Yup. And there are a million ways to fit him into continuity. The easiest is having him be one of the precursors to He-Man. Heck, he could be the same He-Man as Adam. What if he was a more savage barbarian, but his merging with Adam is what gave He-Man his humanity - making him the one true "He-Man"?
    yup, think of all the dif he-men with dif personalities. we could have one that is more of a strategist or one that is more shades of grey(skull) than black or white.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    This cannot be said enough, all these extra he-mans just make Adam more special since he is the only one that retained his soul while gaining he-man's power. Like BCI Guy said, its not an either or, its a combo. Adam does not go away when He-Man is active, Adam just becomes stronger and braver with added knowledge.

More like Firestorm in DC Comics
    yup...all the dif versions make adam that much more special that he has ALL the power.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

well, i liked this version better than the prince adam version anyway,although i love the cartoon. i just think this he-man was kinda cooler.would be neat if this was actualy king greyskull before he be came king and then marries the green goddess like the kg did the first sorceress!i mean they already added the fact that keldor and demo man are combined as one bio,why not change the rest of the mini comic up to.the story had it to where skeletor would bring his ppl to eternia to conquer,as an army of skeletor's from what the book showed.since they changed that why not change the rest of it?

I got a feeling he will be next years SDCC exclusive so they can reuse the statue, I highly doubt that Price Adam will be an exclusive with Adora coming in January

Hmm

I love this whole deal.

I think it's going to be like this:

we get -

Demo-Man = Alcala Skeletor
    and
    Vikor = Barbarian He-Man (and he'll probably come with the viking helmet that the original Vikor design had - and which is on the floor in one of those Alcala mini-comic pics.

Vikor and Demo-Man will battle, and Demo-Man will be banished to Despondos...

When Keldor begs Hordak to save his life, Hordak agrees, and fuses Demo-Man's spirit with Keldor's, thus giving us the new and modern Skeletor we all know and love.

I think those are the only two Skeletors we will get.

Karak Nul (Scareglow before he died) will probably be a villain that one of the pre-Adam He-Men will fight... as will Prahvus, and Count Marzo maybe...

I think that this stripped down Barbarian He-Man figure will be named Vikor on the package, and will come with:

Fur cape (akin to the original design of Vikor)
    Viking Helmet (also akin to the Vikor Design)
    the mini-comic spear
    the mini-comic loin-cloth
    the shield that Vikor had in the design (different than the He-Man shield)

Wun-Dar may or may not be Vikor.. but if he IS, then he will be Vikor after he has served as He-Man, and then recruited as a Cosmic Enforcer, and physically changed somehow, in order to remove his likeness as He-Man.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Personal Service Provider Agostinho's Avatar
    This all sounds awesome! I dig the MOTU mythos expansion!

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
    Where others have seen "conflicting continuities" I always saw richness of continuities. But that is not what they are doing. They are trying to put it all together into one storyline and have all these He-Man coexist in the same universe (albeit some at different times). I wish they would not mix those. Yes, I will buy the Barbarian He-Man and the Goddess, but I will display them separately because they just don't belong with Adam and the gang. I guess I am just a little annoyed that they are mixing it all together - I think all the continuities would be better off on their own.

I guess I can just ignore the character bios, and I'll be fine
    I'm not a fan of the new "different He-Men" idea at all. All the different He-Men will always be the same guy to me. But if tying every lose end into one continuity can give us figures of the Goddess, Tribal He-Man, or even a blue Mer-Man, then having those figures created is what's important--not what's written on the back of the card. That's how I look at it, anyway!

I don't like the barbarian version i prefer the original!

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    I don´t like the idea of several He-mans. He-man is the most powerful man in the universe and only Adam merged with the Sword of Power can summon him. I prefer Wun-dar as a "preternian he-man", we also got King Grayskull (he is very barbarian!).
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Horde View Post
    I don't like the barbarian version i prefer the original!
    You can't get much more original than Barbarian He-Man. He is the very first appearance of the character.
    Bikini Teela: Hottest version ever!!