View Poll Results: How Do You Want The Transformation Into He-Man To Go?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Prince Adam Raises His Sword

60 88.24%
  • Prince Adam Grows Into He-Man

3 4.41%
  • He-Man Is Always He-Man

4 5.88%
  • Other(please explain)

1 1.47%

Thread: Movie Version Of Prince Adam To He-Man???

Hybrid View

Movie Version Of Prince Adam To He-Man???

If we get a new Masters Of The Universe movie, how do you want the transformation into He-Man to go?

* Prince Adam raises his sword to become He-Man(ala Filmation)

* Prince Adam grows into He-Man(ala Justin Marks' script)

* He-Man is always He-Man(ala 1987's MOTU movie)

* Other(please explain)
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Prince Adam that raises his sword would be awesome!
    The movie needs Prince Adam. He's a very recognizable element of the MOTU world.
    My opinion.
    The gleam of the Power Sword lights your way as you enter the fantastic world of Eternia...

He-man transformation

I agree it gives the true representation of the actual story of a Prince who avoids confrontation, turning into a hero.
    It was missing that crucial element in the 80's film along with the many unusual creatures on eternia. Hopefully they will set it on Eternia with no mention of Earth.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Holding the sword aloft, with subsequent transformation, is such an inherently HUGELY powerful, perfect cinematic image, that I'd almost go so far as to say that the movie is already a failure without it.

I just can't see it any other way than Adam raising his sword aloft!
    Kuduk Ungol for MOTUC. All steeds for MOTUC. Fully-articulated Cringer for MOTUC. Point Dread and Talon Fighter for MOTUC.

The obvious winner of course!
    Positive Transactions-greyskull1, Kero, miasboytoy, MOTU_Maniac, Big Country, Beastmangler, biged98, EwR-Disaster, masterenglish, Radrcks, Son Of Keldor, myers04, tattoojunkie74, He-Cowboy, Judeh Simon, Dr Kain, BrandnChicagoHorde, JonnyTyler, Mern-Ra, wolvie3579, Toygiant, Grayskulls Fakor, Villa-man, Fisto69, Mdoclar, degra, Dawg88, Jii Dee & Many More Orgers...

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    Adam has to raise the sword.
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

Can never go wrong with Adam raising the sword. It's just the classic image we all have of him.
    It's great being Lord of the Thundercats - especially hanging out with Cheetara - but the one draw back is that He-Man can still beat me up.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post1993306
    Somewhere In Exo-Squad, a fan art by Matt Tyree (just in case you're curious)

Adam raising his sword and growing bigger into he-man. I don't think the movie would be relevant without that transformation sequence. Only hard core fans know that he-man was a roaming barbarian in the original mini-comics. Everyone else relates he-man to the filmation series or 200x series,which has the tranformation sequence.

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    the poles have it . By the power of grayskull

I'd have to say that I would be happy with any of the above, providing the rest of the movie is handled well and does not suck.

While the transformation sequence would be my first choice, I'm a little hesitant that any of these studios with so many uninspired crap works based on this kind of material can pull it off.

Widget

Adam being He-Man

In a sense that he grows into he-man like it was developed in the Justin Marks' script, keeping the focus central on the original Mini-comics and borrowing some canons from MYP and Filmation without all the cheesiness these series had.

Had the MOTU followed the original trend and cannons established in the original mini-comics, it would had become a very much more succesful brand.

I recall when I was eight years old growing up in my native Panama, back in 1982, even adults and teenagers felt curious about the toys, the art that it came with and the cool advertisements on t.v., but once filmation kicked in, it killed most of the original mythos and charm the franchise had and the lost of interest that came with it.

I should say the new movie should target that original vibe the MOTU franchise had before Filmation and established by the artboxes and mini-comics. To me Filmation is in the same line with the Batman series of the 60's and the 70's cartoons of the Justigue League (Superfriends).