Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Collector's Choice Lodar Discussion Thread w/ Pixel Dan Review

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by invisibleboy View Post
    I was thinking the exact same thing! ...actually I was wondering about the lack of beautiful shading that the proto had in the above comparison shot! ...I was also jarred when I see it in the above Grayskul pic, considering how much shading that DC vs MOTUC HM has in comparison!!! ...I am also concerned about what appears to be tacky paint apps on his shoulder pads, & sloppy paint work on his helmet, as well as how the newly sculpted torso looks when pushed back so it is standing straight up like the proto. ...all these concerns I see are just based on how he looks in some of those pics, ...but the paint on the pic where he is w/ the white background, & compared to the proto, his paint looks somewhat like the PC paint wrecks I received on BOTH my Plasmar figures, ...although it looks way less of a problem, & Lodar looks really good in the Grayskull shot, except for the shading seemingly being absent. ...I was only mildly excited for Lodar's reveal, ...& most of my excitement was because of seeing him wanted by so many fellow fans, for so long, & admittedly I thought he was the coolest MOTU mini-comic indie villain by far IMHO. ...but my mild excitement grew as I saw the beautiful proto w/ the lighter purple body w/ that darker purple shading everywhere! That proto was a thing of beauty! ...I also thought the final figure would have Dark [COLOR=""]Concord[/COLOR] GRAPE legs/pants/boots, & that the rest of the figure would be like the proto. ...I still have high hopes for him, & just hope it's just the pics showing little to NO Shading, Sloppy caked on Paint, & a Too Big Torso Crunch GAP
    that will not look as natural as the Mattel MOTUC figures, ...the vast majority of the line! ...Had I known that the Factory change would mean LOSING ALL Access to Mattel's MOTUC Steel Tools / MOLDS, ...I would NOT have been so optimistic that these New SUPER7 MOTUC CC/CG figures were going to fit in as flawlessly w/ the Mattel produced MOTUC as I had thought/hoped!
    The lack of shading really hurts him. And I am also noticing now that the chest armor is different than the prototype. I don't get why stuff like that is changed.

Quote Originally Posted by snake_mole_hill View Post
    The lack of shading really hurts him. And I am also noticing now that the chest armor is different than the prototype. I don't get why stuff like that is changed.
    Yeah, sadly I have to agree.... for the price tag, Lodar should have some type of shading...

I mean, he is as basic a figure as you can get and, yet, he will ship to us in just the straight molded colors of the plastic?

Also, is it just me, or is Super7 using the SDCC figure samples on the blister cards? Are these package images final?
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Court Magician
    Looks awesome in many ways. Unsure why Super7 is continuing the trend of blunting any and all spikes, though.

Quote Originally Posted by jumbles View Post
    Looks awesome in many ways. Unsure why Super7 is continuing the trend of blunting any and all spikes, though.
    it's probably a safety issue since mattel is still involved to a point.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Kittrina, Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor.

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    Wait-- was that a pun?? LoL
    "Listen Closely-- This is the TRUTH, No mere Myth!"

Quote Originally Posted by Snake_Man View Post
    Wait-- was that a pun?? LoL
    Maybe

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Kittrina, Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor.

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    Do we know if Mattel's name is going to appear anywhere on the packages?

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Do we know if Mattel's name is going to appear anywhere on the packages?
    No just Super7, but Mattel owns the lic and is letting Super7 use it to manufacture the toys so Mattel is involved as far in as they get their cut and probably have some say on safety regulations so no sharp points, slightly blunted.

This was posted in another thread:

I'm not sure if it is just Lodar that is affected or not...

Heroic Warrior
    I just noticed something. Lodar stole the ability to draw power from Eternia's sun and moons from Zodac while King Grayskull was still alive. So Zodac had this power before he became a Cosmic Enforcer. Does that mean Zodac used to a sorcerer of sorts? That's new.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    This was posted in another thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...6&d=1519875468

I'm not sure if it is just Lodar that is affected or not...
    Why you don’t post the complete story of this image posted on facebook?? Isn’t a correct behavior!

This image is taked by an experiment of a guy that has tried to “improve” the arm movement of his figure with an hairdryer.
    A inconsiderate heat increase of the plastic plus a high torsion applyed on the arm can give this result.
    This incident must be considered like a monumission or if you prefer: a really bad done operation.
    Follow me and my creations on Facebook:
    search Orsogranito GraniteBear !

Heroic Warrior
    He is a lot of fun......https://youtu.be/ihwJTUknjHY

Here is a review by Pixel Dan of Super7's release of MOTUC Collector's Choice Lodar!
    Check it out:

Hope to see you at Power-Con 2019!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Never really wanted him in the line as he feels a bit out of place in Masters of the Universe to me, but satisfied enough with him.

Lodar came off as the cheapest plastic feeling of the Collector's Choice Wave 1 lot to me, likely because he has less coverings than the other releases.

He definitely has a Mad Max feel to him.

His feet spikes were a nice surprise addition to the sculpt.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    Never really wanted him in the line as he feels a bit out of place in Masters of the Universe to me, but satisfied enough with him.

Lodar came off as the cheapest plastic feeling of the Collector's Choice Wave 1 lot to me, likely because he has less coverings than the other releases.

He definitely has a Mad Max feel to him.

His feet spikes were a nice surprise addition to the sculpt.
    His plastic is the cheapest looking and feeling. It's a bummer too because I dig the figure a lot. He really needs some shading with that shiny cheap plastic. he sticks out like a sore thumb on my shelf right now, but since the armor is glued I can't really repaint it myself without more of a headache than I'm interested in.

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    His plastic is the cheapest looking and feeling. It's a bummer too because I dig the figure a lot. He really needs some shading with that shiny cheap plastic. he sticks out like a sore thumb on my shelf right now, but since the armor is glued I can't really repaint it myself without more of a headache than I'm interested in.
    He definitely could have used some wash. Especially since he's sort of a dirty villain, inflicting pain and such.

I would love to know why Super7 glues the armor on their figures. Can they not get it to stay without gluing it to the figure?
    Hit me up on instagram @MOTUdoobs

Mine came with the ab crunch reversed. So frustrating. And yeah, the unpainted plastic looks cheap as hell. And why in the world do they glue the armor shut? People can make excuses all day long for S7 but these are overpriced pieces of crap. Too many great toys out there for me to throw my money away on this garbage. Hell, the $8 ninja turtles use better plastic than these. I'm cancelling my order for next wave tomorrow.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Hit me up on instagram @MOTUdoobs

I wish I had another one, just because I want to put the pink Cosmic Enforcer armor on one....!
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Quote Originally Posted by nickdoobs View Post
    I would love to know why Super7 glues the armor on their figures. Can they not get it to stay without gluing it to the figure?
    My guess is it's because of the much softer plastic used on the armor pieces... almost squishy to the touch.

I don't like it because I like my MOTU old-skool style with removable armor...

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I wish I had another one, just because I want to put the pink Cosmic Enforcer armor on one....!
    This... is actually a great idea!

I much prefer the figures having the armor glued on. Seems to look a lot better and less chunky.

Master of Disasters MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    I never had to have Lodar, but seeing the review improves my opinion somewhat. What I do love are those chains!
    MOST WANTED: Filmation Whiplash, Filmation Ram Man, Filmation Two-Bad, Filmation Buzz-Off, Filmation Sy-Klone, Ice Armor He-Man, and SNAKE MOUNTAIN!!!

The Last House on the Left, Las Vegas, Nevada
    Having waited literally YEARS for Lodar, I am thrilled to finally have him! His arms move a little stiffly at the shoulders, which worries me a bit... Fangor's articulation is so smooth and solid, I rather wish all the figures were this way, lol. It would have been really great if he included a "magic blast", but I guess the chains make as much sense! The hip peg placement makes his calves stick out a little oddly from his waist area compared to his prototype, which consequently makes him taller than most classics figures, but I like that he literally towers over other characters!
    ..."Conceived in a Hell Beyond Your Depth of Perception... Designed and Directed by His Red Right Hand."
    ...Seriously looking for a gray Sir Laser-Lot sword from the Final Wars weapon-pack!!