Thread: The Official 1988 Xbow man Thread

The Official 1988 Xbow man Thread

I give him this name only cause thats how Errol descibed him in his filenames. A great Powercon or chase figure. Fisto head, rioblast hands, he-ro armor, squeeze loin leg armor and boots.
    mashup2.jpg
    mashup3.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by facet; July 13, 2016 at 11:14am.

People wanna say some of New Adventures, Filmation, and 200X had bad designs but everyone thinks these unoriginal hodgepodge messes are so great I just don't understand it.
    Most Wanted Kittrina, Granita, Hawke, Lady Slither, Hunga, Sagitar, Dylamug, Master Sebrian, Karg, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi,Crystoll, Caz, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, Ra-Jar, Red Beast, Kay-La, Red Shadow, Gladiator, Bandwidth, and Negator.

Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    People wanna say some of New Adventures, Filmation, and 200X had bad designs but everyone thinks these unoriginal hodgepodge messes are so great I just don't understand it.
    What do you think of Stinkor and MossMan, they're essentially the same thing.

Skeletor's Right Hand Man Megalodon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksun442 View Post
    What do you think of Stinkor and MossMan, they're essentially the same thing.
    Yea as well as almost 85% of the vintage line that had the same bodies etc...I think they are cool...you have to have an open mind to see the cool things...I'd rather have these in my mythos instead of The Mighty Spector.....

Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    I think what's cool about them is they are what would have been if another wave had made it to retail. As someone who remembers the excitement of finding new, unknown figures at a store, I am excited about these because I can imagine myself finding as a child and what I would think of them then...good or bad.

While not my favorite of these designs, I'd be happy to get him. Maybe he's a later Cosmic Warrior, one who does not get to wield the a Sword of He because of the Trollans deal with Eternia. Forced to rely on technology, he adopts new weaponry, even including pilfered Horde crossbows and flip-out blasters.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, Hawke, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, and for the love of Grayskull, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

I'd have to see a colour scheme that really pulls it together. As it stands he is my least favourite (not counting the white ninja who is too booring to even ackowledge)

The idea is cool but I hate the idea of reusing heads. "Classicize" this character by giving it an all new head and new x-bow.

Or

Make him a Darius variant. King Darius?
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Would be an OK addition to the Preternian Evil Horde ... as long as the head was a different sculpt in some way from Fisto.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    The idea is cool but I hate the idea of reusing heads. "Classicize" this character by giving it an all new head and new x-bow.

Or

Make him a Darius variant. King Darius?
    I would use the 200x fisto head on this guy when I customize him

I think it's crazy that they were planning on reusing the He-Ro chest piece in the same dang wave.

I think this dude has potential though. Love to see gbagok take him on.