Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Lodar (Slave-City) in MOTUC!

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Six

["House of Shokoti" parts 1 & 2, "The Cat and the Spider" (the Kittrina episode), "A Bird in the Hand", "Battlecat" and "The Ancient Mirror of Avathar"]

Ah, but were Queen Valeena and Draka not replaced by a guy in a purple suit who'd have a hellavatime wiping his own bottom, since the comic was an adaptation of the cartoon, ja?

[Also, there's one fairly important other point of difference: "A Tale of Two Cities", as the title implied, involved two cities - Operon and Targa - in a state of Cold War, while "Slave City" simplified that to a wandering group of bandits mounting a coup d'etat on a single city.]
    Ah I did not remember the other Melaktha episodes, but I should have.

However, I was sure the Slave City comic came before the cartoon episode because they didn't know about Zodac at the time (Lodar was originally Zodak and had to be changed manually because it went to print before they were told about Zodac). I guess that mistake could have happened at any time though. Those are indeed other differences, and I love them all on both sides of the fence. Also they gave a Native American design to Garn and Rana (renamed from Rhea--or the other way, whichever), which connects them while I don't think they were connected in the episode. And don't forget the Kobolds! I would love it if all these different elements could be combined in MOTUC as I did in a 200X fan fic so we could get that many figures. Probably never gonna happen though. Interestingly Queen Valeena's name was actually Queen Balina according to Busta Toons!

Quote Originally Posted by Neal1972 View Post
    Slave City was one of the very best mini-comics, and Lodar was one of the best villians. Nobody ever stood up to He-man physically in a one-on-one like Lodar did. What a battle!
    Here's the epic battle!:

FINAL DEFEAT!

Don't know why he's worried, he doesn't seem to need his magic that bady!
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Six

"House of Shokoti" parts 1 & 2, "The Cat and the Spider" (the Kittrina episode), "A Bird in the Hand", "Battlecat" and "The Ancient Mirror of Avathar"
    melaktha was in that many!
    my want for him is very high. melaktha out ranks lodar.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    Don't know why he's worried, he doesn't seem to need his magic that bady!
    Tell me about it.

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    Lodar: YES!
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

master of hiphop
    would love the addition...

mind you anything MOTU is ok with me
    Download!! 25% goes to help the ORG!!!!!
    http://theimpressionistz.bandcamp.co...ame-back-clean
    AGE FEEDBACK: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=128035
    album photos lots more to come: check out my profile
    my want list: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=148549
    Collection PICS:http://www.crazycollectors.de/age.html

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    melaktha out ranks lodar.

If I could draw, I'd have Lodar kicking Melaktha around his gladiatorial arena...
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC

Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    When it comes to the mini-comics characters that people are requesting I think Lodar is by far the most demanded followed by maybe Geldor. I can't imagine him not being done in MOTUC. If he was not made it would be a slap in the face to the mini-comics.
    SKELETOR'S JOURNEY: You heard of Skeletor, Skeleteen and now Skelebaby? The saga of Skeletor's chronology to be continued in 2014. Stay tuned!!!

I Love Lodars character design. He just looks awesome and is extremely powerful, matching Heman in the Mini Comic. I really like him as a candidate for a MOTUC, There arent really many characters I want made from the mini comics, Lodar is one of them. He should totally come with that spiked mace on the cover of Slave City

Actually, I hate to say this, but I can see some broad similarities between Lodar's design and Mighty Spector's. Squint your eyes and you can see a little of Snake Eyes in both of them. I hope that the Horsemen will pronounce the differences in Lodar (the spikes, details on mask, total lack of yellow harness), but I suspect there will be some fan comparisons made when Lodar is ever added to MOTUC.

The thing I'm hoping for the most with Lodar is that they don't take his all-purple color scheme too seriously. I mean, they don't give him ANY color other than shades of purple (depending on the lighting around him). I don't mind his color being primarily purple, but I'd like it if his armor 'n such was black, as that seems to be the case in the comic, even though the lighting shows purple as well. We haven't had a minicomic character yet, so I'm hoping they don't try to put in that comic book shading that they try to do in some of the Marvel Universe figures. It just doesn't translate well...
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

^ Agreed. His armour, mask, shoulder spikes and boots should be made black. All purple would be rather boring I think.

I think Lodar may be my top pick for MOTUC minicomic figures. I love that he was the comic creators design for Zodak that got changed last minute to a new character. That makes him the best choice.

If they make him perhaps he could come with the chains featured on the front of the minicomic, and a bonus He-Man head so he can actually hold him by the hair!

Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Spaceman View Post
    If they make him perhaps he could come with the chains featured on the front of the minicomic, and a bonus He-Man head so he can actually hold him by the hair!
    Awesome idea!!!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post

If I could draw, I'd have Lodar kicking Melaktha around his gladiatorial arena...
    if i could draw, i'd have melaktha pull out a big a** blaster gun & blow lodar right off eternia.
    no lodar is a big favorite of mine that is a must for motuc. i can live without melaktha as a figure. but would want him to come out first if he did get made.

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    I definitely want a Lodar figure at some point.
    I've always loved the mini-comics first & foremost, so I've wanted a Lodar figure for a very long time.

Toyguru recently stated that the first figure of a character unique to the mini comics will be coming soon (somtime in the latter half of 2012?) and I'm 90% sure it's gonna be this guy.

I can't wait for a Lodar figure. That comic was one of my favorites when I was young. Upon further reflection, I think it was my all time favorite.

I hope Mattel gets that villain out soon.
    I want my other half.

Great thread Eternian Poet. I'd buy a Lodar for sure. A great, dark villain he is... His bio could open some interesting perspectives as well. He should come with that mace, of course, and some big 'clip on' chains, like on the cover, so you could chain on of the good guys >:-)

There has been a lot of discussion about Lodar recently so I can only hope he isn't far off as a figure.

Seeing as though the Slave City is

in the Preternian map
    I wonder if Lodar is part of the Fighting Foe Men?

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    SPOILERS REMOVED!
    Oh yeah, you noticed that one too... And with SLL's mace repainted... let's get Lodar in the game!

Quote Originally Posted by Chroniklor View Post
    Oh yeah, you noticed that one too... And with SLL's mace repainted... let's get Lodar in the game!
    Totally noticed that as well, hes gotta be coming!

So should he be coloured like the mini comic or should a lot of liberties be taken with his colour?

Purple body with black armour pieces.