Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Lodar (Slave-City) in MOTUC!

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    So should he be coloured like the mini comic or should a lot of liberties be taken with his colour?
    Maybe not a lot, but they should be allowed to try and make him look the best he can. They didn't use the UK Horde Prime colors on his figure and I think that was a good decision. It's hard to ignore though that Spector is using a lot of purple and has a similar head-mask. Making Lodar more black sounds better, but maybe that'll just look more generic (snake eyes to Sir Laser-Lot's Cobra Commander!). Whatever they can do to make him look his best is what I'd like, even though I recognize that's subjective guidance so maybe not very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Purple body with black armour pieces.
    Or maybe a lighter violet (lilac, lavender??) body with a dark, almost black purple armor..
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Lodar would look great on my shelf next to Geldor! A must have in MOTUC!
    My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Crita, MYP Evilseed, Queen Angela, Lodar & Hunga the Harpy

I don't understand what's taking so long with this guy. He was strongly rumoured to be announced like 2 years ago yet still nothing. Does he keep getting shifted around??

Heroic Warrior
    I'd love to get Lodar!

Heroic Warrior
    I don't understand what's taking so long with this guy. He was strongly rumoured to be announced like 2 years ago yet still nothing. Does he keep getting shifted around??
    I think this is part of the reason Mattel doesn't release a Sub list every year. Things happen and figures get shifted around. Ditto with Phantom Stranger for DCUC and now DC Signature. He's been done for two years, yet he just came out. I'm betting Lodar is done, they just have to find a spot for him. With the re-focusing on vintage and Filmation characters, he may have gotten bumped down the line a little. I'd still love to see him, even though I had no idea who he was until Geldor was announced.

That makes sense DVD. I too get the sense that with all the bellyaching from vintage purists since last summer that Lodar definitely got delayed. There probably won't be a spot for him until mid 2014 I'm thinking, stuck in that period where he's safe from being held up as a sub-killing "obscure" character.

Heroic Warrior
    That makes sense DVD. I too get the sense that with all the bellyaching from vintage purists since last summer that Lodar definitely got delayed. There probably won't be a spot for him until mid 2014 I'm thinking, stuck in that period where he's safe from being held up as a sub-killing "obscure" character.
    The line was in trouble, and not all of the vintage figures had been updated into the Classics line, yet we were getting figures like Vikor, Demo Man, Horde Prime, Snake MAA, and the 30th Anniversary line. That was the issue that many had with the direction of the line last summer, and I can totally see their point. So the decision was made to make the next two years vintage heavy. That doesn't mean that there isn't room for "other" characters that weren't represented in figure form before. We're getting Geldor...Lodar can't be far behind. I totally see him being made next year.

I'm hoping Lodar comes out before the line is finished. He's one of my most-wanted mini-comic characters and would make for a kick-butt figure!

He's definitely finally coming in 2014 - Castle Greyskull includes a newly tooled mace that looks exactly like his...

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I hope he looks dark & menacing. Someone not to be trifled with.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Lodar would be so incredibly easy to make...

Reused parts:

He-Man - Shoulders, Chest, Abs, Thighs, Left bicep, hands
    Beastman - Shoulder armor
    Demo-Man - Left and Right forearms
    Nepthu - Right bicep
    Sir Laser Lot - Mace weapon
    Fearless Photog - calves
    King Hiss - Booted feet

That's 18 reused parts. The only new parts he'd need are a head, chest armor, and groin.

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    We need Lodar soon! Marzo, Shokoti and Geldor will need Lodar to join them on the new Council of Evil shelf
    Most wanted: Blast attack, Lodar, Peekablue, Twistoid and Tung Lashor

This guy has to get a figure in MOTUC. He has always won out in minicomic polls and his weapon is already made( CG Mace we got). This is one I wont, cant live without.

Heroic Warrior
    Wish this figure would come out already and be on my shelf! Always remember looking for him as a child. Wonder if this was an early concept for Spikor/ Webstor? He does definitely look like he could be their Sim3 hacked love child. This thread is killing me. LOL
    It's all been done before. Everything to say has already been said. Do me a solid and pretend I posted something witty and and original here

Quote Originally Posted by True Form View Post
    Wish this figure would come out already and be on my shelf! Always remember looking for him as a child. Wonder if this was an early concept for Spikor/ Webstor? He does definitely look like he could be their Sim3 hacked love child. This thread is killing me. LOL
    The old story is that he was meant to be Zodac but they already had someone called Zodac so they replaced the first and last letters with an 'L' and an 'R' and came up with Lodar.

And yeah.....I really want him too! It's doin' my head in that we haven't recieved him yet!
    ***Previously abaddon_31 on the Matty Collector Message Boards***
    MASS REJECTION ~ FRESH MEAT is coming www.facebook.com/massrejection

Yeah Lodar is essential IMO, I hope we get him.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Heroic Warrior
    Groveport, ohio, a suburb of the Capitol, Columbus
    I really had thought Lodar would have been made before Geldor, I mean he was an awsome figure sculpt, his back ground story was that of a cosmic enforcer gone evil. He was the pefect canidate for a MOTUC figure and still is.
    My wants:Evil Seed, Calix, Hungra,Sneer, Veena, Lady Slither

Maybe he will be the travelling con figure for 2015? It seems to be the mini-comic guys that get that honour. So, Lodar or Oo-lar?
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevesosiris View Post
    Maybe he will be the travelling con figure for 2015?
    I think that would be a perfect fit for him
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    This character fills the need for a dark evil knight in MOTUC. We got to have this guy at some point in MOTUC.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

I'd say there is a very good chance of that happening in 2015...check out the new wallpaper.

Lodar_800x600.jpg

Heroic Warrior Zodak's new shoes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    I'd say there is a very good chance of that happening in 2015...check out the new wallpaper.

Lodar_800x600.jpg
    Verry nice, he has been in my top 5 wanted for some time.
    Satma needs to happen. I will mow your lawn for life, Scott.

Very cool character that has been in the rumour pile for a while. My guess is either chase figure or the last slot for the 2015 sub

Where is that wallpaper from?