When can we expect to hear anything more regarding the MOTU Attitubes?
Rules for What The Fans Want To Know:
- Each user is limited to 1 question per Q&A.
- Posts that repeat questions from other Q&As or from earlier in this thread, or posts that contain multiple questions, will be deleted and the offending user will no longer be permitted to participate in that particular Q&A. So check to see if your question has been asked and help everyone out!
Be sure to check the posts in this thread before you, as well as previous Q&A sessions!
- This is for question submission only; not discussion.
- We will start a new Q&A thread when it is time for more questions, approximately every 2 weeks. So please don't start new Q&A threads.
The figures that can be produced are figures that were in the original MOTU, POP and NA lines, as well as in the mini-comics for these lines.
Characters that appeared in the 2002 MYP cartoon are also fair game.
Filmation characters are off limits!
Who will be produced will remain to be seen.
We will pick up to 5 questions we feel might get answers at that time. Please do not take offense to your question not being asked.
Also, we also edit questions to make them more concise, to be more specific, etc. Please take no offense to this either, as it's only meant to help.
It's nothing personal.
***Important note: Mattel has now limited the questions to 5 from each site who submits Q&As.
Previous WTFWTK sessions (questions and Mattel answers):
This past round of questions were selected by Kent Parker,
and proofed against old Q&As by Uncle Montork.
Thanks to them for their help!!!
The questions that were asked in the previous Q&A & will be answered in a couple weeks as follows (please do not repeat them, or questions from previous Q&As):
1. Fneh: May we have more information on the upcoming accessory pack? eg: release date, cost, etc. Also, we know that the first accessory pack will not have any new sculpted parts. But if it is successful would you consider adding new sculpted accessories in a second pack?
2. sailoruranus: You have stated that you wanted to pay homage to the 200X storyline with a new DVD or comic release. With the movie probably being years away, are you working on developing any other media to whet our appetites?
3. grenadaspice: When you get to She-Ra, do you plan on including an updated version of the original POP gold Sword of Protection?
4. RocketPunch: Why does Webstor's Fast Pack not work like the classic figure when we were originally told that it would?
5. Uncle Montork: We are unclear as to whether the figure stands will be 3 in a package or 5 in a package. You said at the SDCC panel there would be 3, but the sign in the booth said 5. Which can we expect?
6. Slasher X: Why is it that my subscription figures are not taxed, while my individual figure orders from Matty Collector are taxed? Also why is tax sometimes charged on shipping charges and other times only on the purchase price? (Note: I live in FL and am not international)
7. King Tycho: You have said that you have a plan in regards to the bios that come with the characters. Are you working from a singular document, a MOTUC bible of sorts, that ties all of the classics storyline and mythology together? And if so is there any chance of releasing this document at some point in the future?
8. Patreek: Many fans agree that $15.00 USD for figure stands is extremely expensive and don't plan on buying them because of this. Is there anyway for this price point to change?
9. Jay Bell: Has a decision been made regarding the use of fabric materials on MOTUC figures? We will see capes or clothing (such as Prince Adam's vest) made of cloth? Or will such things always be plastic?
10. Vorgon: In the mini-comics and Filmation cartoon, Kobra Kahn was an Evil Warrior. But in 200X he was allied with the Snakemen. When we get to Kobra Kahn in MOTUC, will he be an Evil Warrior or a Snakemen?
So ask those questions!
When can we expect to hear anything more regarding the MOTU Attitubes?
Worlds Biggest Meteorb Fan!
When you guys get to doing MOTUC Man-E-Faces, can we expect to see a "Man-E-Weapons" version of him as well in ode to the 80's line?
While Adora has demonstrated POP figures will have sculpted hair, is it possible we'll see bonus figures or con exclusives with rooted hair (like the SDCC She-Ra from the previous line)?
In the MOTUC line before sculpt any body part or accesory, the Four Horsemen design in paper the concept of the accesories, new parts or full new sculpt ? in case yes, is posible in a near future show us those concept arts and design draws ?
Many fans are unhappy with the way our opinions are consulted. In particular, the SDCC "voting sessions". This ia a very small group of fans, and quite frankly not reresentative of he-fandom as a whole. Wouldn't it be preferable to handle all fan input through polls and feedback online, on sites such as Mattycollector and He-man.org? (A perfect example is the flocking of Panther, which every poll online rveals that the VAST majority of fans wish him to be flocked)
When we will see pictures of the modified, partially-flocked Moss Man?
My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeletor's Robot Knights, Two-Bad, Horde Troopers, Modulok, Sssqueeze, Tung Lashor, Stridor, Night Stalker, the Battle Ram, and a true, alternate head for Wun-Dar (since he's a "different" character)!
Would you ever consider an online publisher such as blurb.com or lulu.com to cut down on your own costs, thusly allowing things such as mini-comics compliations to be published?
JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!
DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com
Commissions - [TBA]
Do the upcoming figure stands have pegs for us to place the figures on? If there are pegs, are the pegs in one staionary position or can we place them anywhere on the stand?
Don't hesitate in dealing with Cilman Thread
As you may have heard, Bandai is bringing back the classic Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers in 2010. This COULD present a bit of a problem for MOTUC down the line, as BOTH series have a character named Ninjor in the canon. Are there any plans to address this? Or are there no plans at all to do Ninjor?
CyberV... FOR VICTORY!
Why was Green Goddess named Sharella when this was originally the name of an unreleased character, a tribal cheiftess who helped train He-Ro. Granted He-Ro's origin was altered, but clearly Sharella and Goddess were not originally the same character. Many fans are upset that this potential new character was thrown away.
"How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"
please check out my fan fics at:
Through all the research done for the Classics line, have you uncovered the name of the character flying the wind rider or who it was intended to be in the original "Grayskull" poster?
"You weren't born into this life to be popular" -- Jimmy Newquist
Are King Randor and Jitsu going to share armor?
We know Scareglow is one of the "most evil warriors in the five dimensions" Can you tell us the names of the 5 dimensions? How soon will we see the other evil warriors from the other dimensions? and is there a corresponding heroic warrior per dimension?
if this was already answere can some one please let me know. Thanks
Fans are concerned about Teelas height being the same, if not more, than other MOTUC male characters.
Will all female characters be the same height relation to males as Teela or will there be any attention made to various female heights throughout the line?
how about battle cat eyes, when battle cat is with his helmet on the 80's toy look like he is blind, are u going to paint his eyes on the helmet? or will be like the 80's toy like you present it on the show?
visit my albums:
awesome trades with: harold, krosfyah, bobtheodd, Agostinho, boggs32, sallah, beastor
Visit my facebook page 2917 likes already!!!!! XD
Since SDCC that shows Battle Cat, it appeared that he-man was unable to sit properly on battlecat in part because of his hard "short".
According to the re-release of he-man in november, his short will still be the same… So the problem will remain.
Will Mattel re-release a new version of He-man that can sit properly on battlecat? (By replacing his plastic short with a true one in tissue for example)
Warning : The problem will be the same for all the vehicles and the large beasts after Battlecat...
Having 2 paintjobs on Evil Lyn (pale skin / black and blue / yellow) is some kind of unconssitency in the MOTU cannon.
In MOTU there are a lot of examples of different characters using the same sculpt, but repainted (He-man / Faker, Zodac / Zodak, Teela / Goddess). Can this problem be solved making 2 different characters in the oficial cannon?
TOP 25 ITEMS - WISHLIST
- KARG, MOVIE 3PACK(SAUROD, BLADE, GWILDOR)
- GRANITA, METEORBS MULTIPACK
- TALON FIGHTER & POINT DREAD
- ELDOR, GRAY, ORACLE, QUEEN VEENA, BATTLE LION
- CALIX, DOUBLE TROUBLE, MODULOK, MULTIBOT, MANTISAUR
- HYDRON, WEAPONSTRONIC, TUSKADOR, SAGITAR, DARIUS
- FLOGG, STAGHORN, CRITA, HOOVE, LIZORR
My question is, what was the reasoning that Zodak never came with an unmasked or unhelmeted head, and is there any way we can get it in a future release. Alot of fans were dissapointed by this.
Last edited by warrenpeace2012; October 15, 2009 at 05:55pm.
Regarding placing orders for overseas fans, many of us have to order each figure seperately to avoid getting hit by local customs. Not Matty's fault at all - but my point / suggestion is:
Would it be possible for the site to support an option for placing multiple orders, but having them shipped seperately? This would stop overseas fans having to go through placing individual orders one by one, which in turn would contribute towards stopping the site getting so overwhelmed on release date.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...
A lot of fans are feeling not very confidence with customer service help on issues such as changing shipping and billing info for subscriptions (some people have repeatedly changed online and/or by phone this info without success).
Can we expect any improvement on the website to get an easy and reliable method to change this info while subscriptions are open?