Toyguru has once again provided answers to your questions.
Thanks again to him for taking the time to answer these!
Check out his answers to your Round 24 questions!
This round of questions were selected by Mr. Shokoti,
Thanks to him for his help!
1. Fneh: Has the success of the art book done anything to change Mattel's plans on releasing more MOTU material in print? Perhaps the collection of classic mini-comics or even new mini-comics to be included with the figures?
We are looking into some plans for the mini comics but nothing to announce yet. We will definitely not be new pack in mini comics right now however. Fans were very clear they prefer alt. heads and extra accessories!
It was the fans at SDCC 2008 who voted for this live at our fan panel. Every year we let the fans at SDCC vote for something in the line. In 2008 fans voted for heads over mini comics, in 2009 fans voted for unflocked Panthor. Who knows what we will let fans vote on in 2010...the best way is to be at our fan panel! This is a special reward for those who come out, they actually get to affect the line in a permanent way
2. midor: Will King Grayskull's bronze statue variant be re-released? Perhaps as a bonus figure the same month King Grayskull is reissued?
There are no plans at this time to re-release this SDCC variant.
3. King Tycho: Is there any possibility of releasing a cardboard Snake Mountain, similar to the box that King Grayskull came in, perhaps as a mail-away, a club exclusive or even with a Skeletor re-release or another villain?
It could happen, but there are no plans right now.
4. The.Idea.of.Evil: Many fans hoped for Teela to be more curvacious than she ended up, even after adjustments were made. Considering this, plus all the different females that are in the POP line, will the 4H be creating multiple body sculpts for the female figures that have more (and sometimes less) curves to them? Or will there be only one standard body type just with differences in feet and heads?
There will be one standard buck for the females in the line. It is the same buck for Teela and Adora.
5. Toymaker: With the release of the Green Goddess, will we be seeing other comic characters in this line, from both the original mini-comics and the MVC comic series?
Yes. It is a possibility.
6. King Kahn: While specific characters cannot be named for each month, can we get a month by month run down on if they are good/evil/neutral?
June - good character
July - bad character
August - bad character
September - neutral/other
Too much of 2010 is in flux right now for us to comment on this. Once we see how many bonus characters we are doing we’ll have a better understanding of the 2010 line up. Right now we are waiting to see how Zodak and Goddess perform before looking at the rest of 2010.
7. Analog Jote: In He-Ro's bio, there is a mention of "The Overlords of the Timeless Dimension on Trolla", while in Zodac's bio he is recruited by "The Overlords on Trolla." Are there two different groups called The Overlords, or are they one and the same? And if they are the same, how does the Timeless Dimension play into the story?
More will be revealed in time. Orko’s bio should help a lot.
8. Snake Hunter: In regards to the falcon included with Teela, there is some debate if this is Zoar as the falcon form of the Sorceress or Zoar as a Winged Fighter like in the original toy. What is the official MOTUC bio of this character? And will it ever come with the armor and the perch like the original Zoar toy, maybe even in the green concept color rather than the red color that was produced?
This is Zoar the fighting falcon. The Sorceress if very powerful. She can change shape and color if she wants. And yes, we do have plans to release all of the perches eventually.
9. grenadaspice: In a recent interview that you did with Fwoosh, you stated that it was requested that the Four Horsemen include at least a 2nd accessory or a 2nd head sculpt with all the figures. If that is the case, why do we have some figures that only come with one accessory? For example: Zodac (laser gun), Zodak (power staff), Beast Man (whip), or even Stratos who doesn't come with any accessories at all?
This isn’t an all encompassing rule. In the case of Stratos, he was an early figure before we decided on the two accessory direction.
10. Jay Bell: If a Cringer figure is ever made, will he likely be a retool of Battle Cat or an entirely new sculpt?