Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Answers to WTFWTK 2.24!

Heroic Greed Horder Analog Jote's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Hold the phone...

You mean to say that EACH SDCC, there will be some "unofficial official vote" in which the convention-goers enact some major change in the line?!! Instead of thousands of people voting on the.org or even Mattycollector's Facebook, the fate of some aspect of the line is decided on the fly and on the spot by like a hundred people who attend the panel?

I really don't agree to this.
    It's a reward for those who spend the money to attend SDCC! They need something, because just getting a bunch of exclusives and actually being at the show isn't enough!

They dodged my question. I hope Orko's bio does answer it, because really, it was a yes or no question, at least the first part. That second part, asking for more specific story details, wasn't actually mine, or at least, I don't remember asking that. I did think it was a nice little addition though, but I think it scared them from actually answering the first part. I just wanted wanted to know if they're the same group or not.

But thanks, I do appreciate the opportunity to ask these questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Analog Jote View Post
    It's a reward for those who spend the money to attend SDCC! They need something, because just getting a bunch of exclusives and actually being at the show isn't enough!

They dodged my question. I hope Orko's bio does answer it, because really, it was a yes or no question, at least the first part. That second part, asking for more specific story details, wasn't actually mine, or at least, I don't remember asking that. I did think it was a nice little addition though, but I think it scared them from actually answering the first part. I just wanted wanted to know if they're the same group or not.

But thanks, I do appreciate the opportunity to ask these questions.

there's only 1 group of overlords. Just like there's only one group called the Horde and 1 group called masters of the universe. I think they want to keep us in the dark on how they operate right now but that hint of orko really does suggest he's coming and he's going to be a major part of the lore
    Fneh's MOTUC wishlist:
    Spikor, MYP Marzo, Snake Armour He-Man, Stinkor
    Fneh's MOTUC needed list:
    King Grayskull, Beastman, Stratos head

well these are the questions i have responses to since the others seemed pretty cut and dry.

1. yeah i am not really happy that they are using something like a "who claps loudest" vote for deciding certain issues. especially when that can be very subjective to the point where you could be standing in a part of the room that happens to be leaning one wayand therefor SEEMS loudest since you are closer to them.

3. hopefully for SDCC this would be an idea. i'd like that but i don't NEED it.

6. ok..this was my question so i have alot of bias towards it
    i am not VERY surprised by not getting an answer but i AM surprised that the BONUS figures is the factor of why the REGULAR figs are in flux i don't like the sound of that since it doesnt sound like they have 100% confidence in their own ability to stay on a release schedule.

7. i think a HUGE thing people are overloking is this... ORKO WILL HAVE A BIO!!!! that means he wont be a pack in but a regular release!!!! perhaps he will come with a ton of accessories since they have already stated he will be smaller as to be in scale with the other figures.

9. yup i figured stratos was a figure that was made BEFORE the edict/rule was put into place.

10. a unique cringer mold is also a postive answer as well. he'd be a great orko pack in mattel!!!
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    10. Jay Bell: If a Cringer figure is ever made, will he likely be a retool of Battle Cat or an entirely new sculpt?

To be accurate we’d create a new sculpt.
    Awesome. It is about time we get an actual inscale Cringer. This is very good news!!!
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

WE can do this together because.....

EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

Heroic Greed Horder Analog Jote's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fneh View Post
    there's only 1 group of overlords. Just like there's only one group called the Horde and 1 group called masters of the universe. I think they want to keep us in the dark on how they operate right now but that hint of orko really does suggest he's coming and he's going to be a major part of the lore
    That's actually how I see it, with 1 group of overlords, but others I've discussed this with on this very board don't see it that way (and there was alot more on that side than ours), so I just wanted some sort of confirmation one way or the other.

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    Only good info here is Cringer will get a unique sculpt.
    That's very good news.

Totally agree with you.
    People already have PLENTY of incentive to go to SDCC.

It's not like any MotU fans are gonna hop a plane next time just to be able to participate in these random votes.
    I loved ToyGuru's response on this. It made it seem like they are under the impression that all of their customers have the time and money to make it out to the event. That's a bit irritating.

Why they don't put these polls on Facebook, MattyCollector, etc, rather than leave it up to the fortunate few who can make it out there is beyond me.

Inappropriate Tree Hugger The.Idea.of.Evil's Avatar
    I'm guessing the 'buck' means the neck to pelvis area of a figure that is used as an answer to question 5? Bummer

Awesome. Asking the 200 or so fans for their vote at SDCC, then changing the way the actual vote was to suit what Mattel wanted to do and say it's a fan vote. Awesome. Why even bother?

Movie mayhem!
    Ok gotta say I found that first answer to be very concerning. As someone who has been at both of the panels TG referenced... i'd hardly call those "votes" accurate and the pool of votes is so small you can't really gauge a true fan "want"... its too small a sampling pool. If they want to have something voted on... then hold a REAL VOTE someplace... just something about that answer sounded... i don't know... I don't want to be rude so maybe i just won't go further.

It was an interesting round of questions for sure. The SDCC vote was something I was not aware of. Oh well I hope the line continues to do good so we can see what else is in the works.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Heroic Warrior
    Hold the phone...

You mean to say that EACH SDCC, there will be some "unofficial official vote" in which the convention-goers enact some major change in the line?!! Instead of thousands of people voting on the.org or even Mattycollector's Facebook, the fate of some aspect of the line is decided on the fly and on the spot by like a hundred people who attend the panel?

I really don't agree to this.
    I wonder just how official those unofficial votings are anyway at the Comic Con's. TG, in his reply to one answer, said that fans voted for Panthor to be unflocked. However, in another response, he said that Panthor wasn't going to be flocked anyway due to the flocking falling off from all the articulation.

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    annoying about the panthor thing. in fact the voting at SDCC is IMO a mistake, as it's a small population of MOTU fans. it is a fine way to guage initial interest but not to make a solid decision. Reminds me (slightly) of the 200X reliance on focus groups vs the fan community.
    Totally agree with you. Not everybody can make it to Comic Con, and it's unfair to ignore the majority of fans on decisions like these.
    Last edited by RocketPunch; October 12, 2009 at 10:07am.

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Every year we let the fans at SDCC vote for something in the line. Who knows what we will let fans vote on in 2010...the best way is to be at our fan panel! This is a special reward for those who come out, they actually get to affect the line in a permanent way
    I'm extremely disappointed that a small group of random people (even non-fans!) get to decide the fate of the line like this.
    Online votes for accurate and fair results please!!!

so does this mean if zodak and green goddess take forever to sell that battle armor he-man will be moved into the regular feb or jan slot?

Quote Originally Posted by artodron View Post
    I'm so stoked about "We are looking into some plans for the mini comics " A Graphic Novel Collecting the mini comics would be great fun, provided its available to ALL.
    If we do get a trade paper back of the original mini comics, I hope it is regular comic-sized (ie printed larger) and not mini comic sized. I'd like to be able to read it in the larger format for the first time.
    Bikini Teela: Hottest version ever!!

It doesn't seem that long ago that the last wtfwtk was posted. How time flies.

My goal now is to think of a question to get answered in a future wtfwtk

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfly View Post
    Awesome. Asking the 200 or so fans for their vote at SDCC, then changing the way the actual vote was to suit what Mattel wanted to do and say it's a fan vote. Awesome. Why even bother?
    I've already conveyed my thoughts on the matter in another thread, but Soulfly I completely agree with you. The majority of those attending the panel this year at San Diego Comic Con actually voted for flocking, and Mattel is flat out ignoring that and issuing a false statement. Why even bother voting? If Mattel doesn't like the way the vote goes, they'll just (and I'm sorry but there is no other way to put this) lie about it to suit their needs. Mattel + San Diego Comic Con 2009= a big mess this year, period. I know that sounds harsh but it's the way I and many others feel. The art book was a fiasco, and the booth was managed horribly. And I hate to convey so much negative sentiment toward Mattel, but... I'm just really disappointed in them as of late.

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    7. i think a HUGE thing people are overloking is this... ORKO WILL HAVE A BIO!!!! that means he wont be a pack in but a regular release!!!! perhaps he will come with a ton of accessories since they have already stated he will be smaller as to be in scale with the other figures.
    Not necessarily, who's to say they won't have two bios for the release? they did say two packs and army builders were possibly coming didn't they? (I don't fully recall)

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    Totally agree with you. Not everybody can make it to Comic Con, and it's unfair to ignore the majority of fans on decisions like these.
    exactly, again it's shades of the focus group fiasco of 200X. not quite as bad but back then we overwhelmingly told mattel what we wanted and a random group of 5 year olds told them something different, so they went with the 5 year olds and fell flat on their faces.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    exactly, again it's shades of the focus group fiasco of 200X. not quite as bad but back then we overwhelmingly told mattel what we wanted and a random group of 5 year olds told them something different, so they went with the 5 year olds and fell flat on their faces.
    Remember when you did a thread saying that Mattel is out of touch with the fans? Fun times.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    I didn't like his response to my question. I figured that when they decided to include more accessories with figures, it would be AFTER the release of Stratos. I guess I was just trying to find out why they'd make a brand new accessory for Scare Glow, who didn't really need it, but not make a 2nd head sculpt for Zodak. Man, I HATE that decision so much!!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grenadaspice View Post
    I didn't like his response to my question. I figured that when they decided to include more accessories with figures, it would be AFTER the release of Stratos. I guess I was just trying to find out why they'd make a brand new accessory for Scare Glow, who didn't really need it, but not make a 2nd head sculpt for Zodak. Man, I HATE that decision so much!!!
    This is a hypothetical, but maybe Mattel didn't want to sink too much cash into Bonus figures until they saw how well they performed. Both Zodak and Green Goddess only have new weapons between both of them. Both characters represent two lesser eras of MOTU--200X and Pre-Filmation...one is seen as too recent to appear in MOTUC, the other possibly represents a whole new wave of nostalgic bonus repaints. Since they aren't sure fire sells like any original MOTU character, I think Mattel is being cautious about going the extra mile.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

This is a hypothetical, but maybe Mattel didn't want to sink too much cash into Bonus figures until they saw how well they performed. Both Zodak and Green Goddess only have new weapons between both of them. Both characters represent two lesser eras of MOTU--200X and Pre-Filmation...one is seen as too recent to appear in MOTUC, the other possibly represents a whole new wave of nostalgic bonus repaints. Since they aren't sure fire sells like any original MOTU character, I think Mattel is being cautious about going the extra mile.
    I totally agree, honestly this is what makes more sense.

Heroic Warrior

That flocking Panthor question...

You know, I must have been drunk (which would be odd, because I didn't have anything to drink) at Comic-Con, but I could have sworn that the crowd wanted Panthor flocked. I keep replaying it my mind, and I swear I remember the crowd cheering more for flocking Panthor... I think maybe the "oh, they voted for no flocking" is because they couldn't come up with a resonable fix like they have for Moss Man. A partially flocked Panthor wouldn't work as well. Maybe I'm just out of my flocking mind, though...

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    This is a hypothetical, but maybe Mattel didn't want to sink too much cash into Bonus figures until they saw how well they performed.
    It's a good argument, but Battle Armor He-Man sure feels a little more "deluxe" than GG or Zodak, doesn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    It's a good argument, but Battle Armor He-Man sure feels a little more "deluxe" than GG or Zodak, doesn't he?
    Yeah, and that's actually the point MGM is making...
    Battle Armor He-Man is something Mattel feels isn't a risk.
    Zodak and the Goddess are unknown quantities.
    The most popular variant of the most popular character in the line is not.

Plus, BA He-Man really just has a new armor (and extra pieces).
    Perhaps a little more involved than the spear or staff from Goddess and Zodak,
    but I would suspect it's not a lot more, cost-wise.
    Bill :: guitargod694