Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Clamp Champ Thread

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

The Clamp Champ Thread

So how do people feel about this character?

I've always liked the idea that nothing surprises him since he has enhanced senses.

Clamp Champ will probably be the one character where his real name will be light years better than his original name.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; October 12, 2009 at 03:34pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

My girlfriend thinks he is sexiest of all Masters, right behind Gwildor's nose.

Seriously, though, never had him as a kid. Hope he is eventually made.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

I think he's pretty cool ... being a hero and all!

I would like for him to come with the Square Hair-Do like his Staction.
    Armageddon will soon be here,
    the sinners will meet their fate.
    But I am calm and without fear,
    as I feed upon my hate.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Seriously, though, never had him as a kid. Hope he is eventually made.
    I think he will be. He's insanely easy to make. The only things they have to tool are his clamp thingee (I hate that thing--seems so unwieldly--STAR comics made it smaller, a little bigger than handgun size) and a new head.

I'm usually a HUGE proponent of MOTU getting better than I remember from the 80's, but I didn't like the 200X version of Clamp Champ with all those tubes and gadgets. Maybe it's because I never saw him in action using those things, but it seemed like too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Squid View Post
    I think he's pretty cool ... being a hero and all!

I would like for him to come with the Square Hair-Do like his Staction.
    I'm a fan of his Bruce Timm "micro afro".

Heroic Warrior
    I think we'll see him next year. I like the original wave 6 because it harked back to the first 3 years of MOTU - the Barbarian Sword and Sorcery feel that was absent in wave 4 and 5. Clamp Champ was my favourite heroic warrior of that year.

I love CLAMP CHAMP!

My favorite characters then and now are the human ones. CLAMP CHAMP was an awesome addition, and you could sit aside the ridiculously large weapon and have another normal hero to hang out with MAA, Adam, Teela, and the others.

I sincerily hope he gets made next year. HE IS EASY TO RETOOL! A new head sculpt, some chest armor, and a weapon are all that is required!

C'mon, Matty, bring him to us!!!

***And maybe NETOSSA won't be far behind!!!
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    Clamp Champ was always under my "I wish I had him" category. I liked his character and I thought it was cool that MOTU. I never got him because whenever I would see him, I didn't have money. But then he was there at the end and I never really saw any MOTU after I last saw him on the shelves.

I did want his 200X version and the prototype was pretty good for a mostly reused figure.

Now, I'm 100% sure he will appear. He's not too hard of a figure. He-man's body. Fisto's armor. New head and weapon. Not much there.

I'm more curious about his bio.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    I'm more curious about his bio.
    Randor's bodyguard, an explaination of that thing he carries and super senses...other than that, there isn't much to him...precisely why ANY new information would be an improvement. I really can't wait for his new real name...so I can start calling him that instead of "Clamp Champ".

I think he looks very cool, and I certainly can't wait to see him in the line (like there's any question that he will be), but I wish he wasn't the guy who was saddled with the clamp weapon. There's always gotta be someone with a clamp weapon. Sometimes it comes off kinda cool, like Hydron V2 with the big clamp arm, but with Clamp Champ....it's just a big clamp. No idea how he fights with it, no idea what he DOES with it, other than grab someone and toss 'em.

So, for this MotUC version, I know we are going to get the clamp. It's a given. I just hope we get to see something else added to him that at least is in the form of some sort of useable weapon. 'Cause, honestly, the reason I thought he was cool was because of that minicomic with him in it, and he doesn't use the clamp once in there! The artist probably couldn't even figure out how to have him use it effectively!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    I think he looks very cool, and I certainly can't wait to see him in the line (like there's any question that he will be), but I wish he wasn't the guy who was saddled with the clamp weapon. There's always gotta be someone with a clamp weapon. Sometimes it comes off kinda cool, like Hydron V2 with the big clamp arm, but with Clamp Champ....it's just a big clamp. No idea how he fights with it, no idea what he DOES with it, other than grab someone and toss 'em.

So, for this MotUC version, I know we are going to get the clamp. It's a given. I just hope we get to see something else added to him that at least is in the form of some sort of useable weapon. 'Cause, honestly, the reason I thought he was cool was because of that minicomic with him in it, and he doesn't use the clamp once in there! The artist probably couldn't even figure out how to have him use it effectively!
    Word. He grabs something with the clamp...what next? Throw it back at the enemy? Throw an enemy at another foe?

What other weapon could CC come with? A broadsword...?

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Word. He grabs something with the clamp...what next? Throw it back at the enemy? Throw an enemy at another foe?

What other weapon could CC come with? A broadsword...?
    That's where I'm stumped. I love the fact that he has super senses, and I suppose a clamp would be only useful to someone who would be able to grab stuff quick enough with a big cumbersome weapon like that. However, he also appears to be quite a strong guy, probably on par with Fisto or Ram Man, who I assume would be some of the stronger men among the Heros.

So what kinda weapon would be good for a strong guy with super senses? I think a sword would be too generic; I wouldn't be against it, but anyone can carry one of those. An axe might be more attuned to someone of strength. Anyone can swing an axe, but it takes a strong and skilled person to use one effectively in battle. However, since we do see him punching a lot, perhaps a sort of knuckle weapon might be in order? All things to think about...
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

AAAAAAhahahaha, love that newly added picture, MegaGear!
    Armageddon will soon be here,
    the sinners will meet their fate.
    But I am calm and without fear,
    as I feed upon my hate.

I really like clamp champ character ...I would have liked see him in the myp cartoon.....anyway the only clamp champ I know is the one from 200x stactions wave 2 .....for me he's a very important heroic master
    I'll be glad to buy CLAMP CHAMP MOTUC !!!
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    Whats next ?

Quote Originally Posted by Squid View Post
    AAAAAAhahahaha, love that newly added picture, MegaGear!
    It's from The Power Tour. They had a Blast Attak costume...Snout Spout too.

http://www.x-entertainment.com/articles/0760/

Quote Originally Posted by triklops1 View Post
    I really like clamp champ character ...I would have liked see him in the myp cartoon.....anyway the only clamp champ I know is the one from 200x stactions wave 2 .....for me he's a very important heroic master
    I'll be glad to buy CLAMP CHAMP MOTUC !!!
    According to Wikipaedia, Clamp Champ would have been the next good guy introduced in the series if they would have had a new season.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    What, no pics of the action figure?

Clamp Champ is a MUST for me.
    One of my favorites as a kid

As for his weapons, I tended to see him as an Eternian cop, so to speak.
    Detaining and neutralizing certain enemies to upset the balance in a battle.

That's what I kinda dug about the smaller clamp on the Staction.
    I saw it as a melee-style handcuff that he could use to draw an enemy closer and then put the big clamp on 'em, and then they're screwed.
    As I recall, the Snake Men particularly hate that kind of thing.

One thing I'd love to see would be some kind of mobile stand that he could lock the clamp onto after catching someone.
    So then he could put 'em there and fight someone else.
    It's more of a strategic weapon than an offensive one.
    Hmm, maybe a stand pops out from the underside of the clamp and stakes into the ground?
    That could be cool.

As for his role, he's Randor's bodyguard, so I saw his usefulness predominantly might be if He-Man is elsewhere and the Palace is attacked.

And I love the clamp as it is, huge and all.
    I mean, it's supposed to clamp monsters and demonic freaks, after all.
    Plus it's fantasy people, no way Teela wields any sword with those scrawny arms, etc, etc.

As for his hair, I definitely want a return to the "mini afro" as MGM puts it.
    The squared off look was OK for 200x style, but it was probably my least favorite aspect of the Staction.

Overall, can't wait for Clamp Champ!

Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    What, no pics of the action figure?
    Here ya go! Okay...the clamp thingee is the "Power Pincer".

Bring him on! I'm all for him!!! He's cool and easy to do, so I'm sure it won't be long before we see him!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    LOL, thanks MGM!!!

And looking at it again, isn't that odd that the 200x version's weapon was actually MORE accurately in scale?

Yeah, the vintage one, I don't want it THAT huge for MOTUC.

Still love that head sculpt though!
    I would love to see both CC and Fisto in 2010!

Here's a question...Should the Power Pincer actually work with springs or vintage style mechanisms??? Or should it just have the clamp jaws extended permanently, just one solid tooled weapon like the 200X Power Pincer?

I really hope they make him with the afro. It's so cute.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    Oh yeah!

I assume he'd be release sooner since all the parts are there already, with the exception of the armor and pincers, but all's the parts done now!

Maybe he'll be the April figure! Or May?
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Here's a question...Should the Power Pincer actually work with springs or vintage style mechanisms??? Or should it just have the clamp jaws extended permanently, just one solid tooled weapon like the 200X Power Pincer?
    Oh if we have to have the clamp, it better work! I don't like it as it is, but if it's just one solid chunk with no clamping feature then why even bother? I probably won't even pose it with it in his hands. If they aren't going to put a mechanism in there to make it open and shut, then the clamps should at least be articulated!

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    this is one character example where the original was great, the 200x was a bit "too techy" for my taste with the over board on tubes, though i did like it. so the MOTUC should be just right.....

best of both worlds for sure.

and with a new head and weapon, its only a matter of time. lets get him!

You guys want to hear something weird? To me, Clamp Champ is an old man.

I got to know the character mostly from his appearance in Star Comics MOTU 12 and 13. I never had the figure or saw him up close. He was never in any of the cartoons or most other media. I did see him in the mini Search for Keldor but that one didn't register like the comic did. I just reread those two issues infact.

It's too bad we can't get the old man version, that would be so cool. I suppose I could color his hair.

I'm with all of you, I'd love a classics version.
    Last edited by Darkness; October 12, 2009 at 06:55pm.
    Wanted: Episode 40 Comic.

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    would it be cool if clamp champ was dekkers son. (or maybe grandson?)

dont jump the gun and say i am trying to make all of the dark eternians related, i just see how they are weaving alot of characters together in the bios, and i think it would be cool.