Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 388

Thread: The Clamp Champ Thread

  1. #51
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    503
    My theory on Clamp Champ super senses comes from the fact that his staction eyes are like Geordi La Forge. Could he be blind and have ocular implants that give him supervision. I like the idea that he's the grandson of Dekker.

  2. #52
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    368
    Like the character, the name, not so much.

  3. #53
    Heroic Warrior Sgt. Slaughter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    783
    Wow... The Clamp Champ thread. Nuff said.
    Toys, Movies, TV Shows and more reviewed at the pop culture mega site... INFINITE HOLLYWOOD.

  4. #54
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,385
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Slaughter View Post
    Wow... The Clamp Champ thread. Nuff said.
    It had to be made sometime. Besides, I was curious as to how the .org members felt toward him...he doesn't come up much.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

  5. #55
    Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Neuthonian Suburbs
    Posts
    2,558
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    It had to be made sometime. Besides, I was curious as to how the .org members felt toward him...he doesn't come up much.
    I dont think there is a real reason not to like him.

    1. parts of other figures re-used, check
    2. corny name, check
    3. corny weapon/power that is connected to corny name, CHECK!




    I gotsta love me some MOTU!!!!!



    on a serious note though, i would have LOVED to see 3rd season of MOTU 200x, and it focus on the "peoples heroes" Rio and Champ (cop character/city characters) and snout and Extendar (firemen) type of storylines!!

  6. #56
    Evil Villain!!! adam03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Edmonton Canada
    Posts
    4,274
    I could do without him, but when he does come I`ll still get 1 loose and 1 MOC

  7. #57
    Cheap Repaint FAKER II's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,708
    I would like to add him to my collection. The question is will I have to get 2 to display both Clamp Champ and He-Bro?

    edit: I totally forgot that Clamp Champ will probably have the Hordak abs. Unless someone can figure out how to successfully crack apart Zodak's torso (assuming the skin tone is even the same shade), there will be no MOTUC He-Bro.
    Last edited by FAKER II; October 14, 2009 at 02:30am.

  8. #58
    waiting for Geldor Toymaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Valley of Osgoor
    Posts
    6,053
    Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    I would like to add him to my collection. The question is will I have to get 2 to display both Clamp Champ and He-Bro?

    edit: I totally forgot that Clamp Champ will probably have the Hordak abs. Unless someone can figure out how to successfully crack apart Zodak's torso (assuming the skin tone is even the same shade), there will be no MOTUC He-Bro.
    I don't think so, as with the way that CC's armour is, the abs would have to be painted striped, better that he just has half armour like MAA.

    If he comes like that, may have to make myself a He-Bro, it would mean there's something to use the armour we get with the Goddess for!
    Tweet Me!

    I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

  9. #59
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Posts
    569
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    That's where I'm stumped. I love the fact that he has super senses, and I suppose a clamp would be only useful to someone who would be able to grab stuff quick enough with a big cumbersome weapon like that. However, he also appears to be quite a strong guy, probably on par with Fisto or Ram Man, who I assume would be some of the stronger men among the Heros.

    So what kinda weapon would be good for a strong guy with super senses? I think a sword would be too generic; I wouldn't be against it, but anyone can carry one of those. An axe might be more attuned to someone of strength. Anyone can swing an axe, but it takes a strong and skilled person to use one effectively in battle. However, since we do see him punching a lot, perhaps a sort of knuckle weapon might be in order? All things to think about...
    I couldn't have said it better myself. Clamp Champ, while somewhat cool, just had the most impractical, unwieldy, limiting, and boring weapon. The problem is that his name is CLAMP Champ, so he has to have some sort of stupid clamp weapon. Hmm. Maybe an "energy clamp" ala a Green Lantern construct?

    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    It worked so well for Storm and Black Panther. Perfect retcon to hook up the top black superheroes in Marvel.
    Maybe, but at least they were both African. It just seems kind of backwards to see two black characters in a sea of white characters and go "ooh the black people's should be a couple!" I'm sure if the MOTUverse had a couple of Mexicans people would be looking to put them together too. And if there was an Asian woman, well she would probably end up with He-Man or Duncan.
    Last edited by Dead Man Walking; October 14, 2009 at 11:59am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  10. #60
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,385
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Man Walking View Post
    Maybe, but at least they were both African. It just seems kind of backwards to see two black characters in a sea of white characters and go "ooh the black people's should be a couple!" I'm sure if the MOTUverse had a couple of Mexicans people would be looking to put them together too.
    It isn't because it was two black people hooking up.

    It felt forced because there was nothing to indicate any romance before. Storm met a young T'challa (before he became Black Panther) when they were teens. That was that. They didn't give each other a stray thought afterward. The marriage felt forced and unnatural.

    Now if Storm started dating BP for years, it would have been another story.

    And if there was an Asian woman, well she would probably end up with He-Man or Duncan.
    More like Sy-Klone. He needs to re-populate Anwat Gar.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

  11. #61
    Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Neuthonian Suburbs
    Posts
    2,558
    i dont think its wrong to think that people that look alike (in race or nationality) would naturally be attracted to each other. i think its a very real thing, though of course being attracted to other races is very possible also.

  12. #62
    Heroic Warrior jackstatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    693
    the reason i have never been a big fan of clamp champ dates back to my early childhood. his "clamp" broke, and was useless, and thus he became a bland guy with no special features to me. he-man was he-man, man at arms was man at arms, and i was extremely familiar with them from the cartoon, but cc just ended up becoming some guy who had no powers and got beat up alot by the bad guys
    www.nywcwrestling.com - Best Independent Wrestling on Long Island!

    Want:
    SDCC Filmation Hordak w/ Imp and Treasure Chest Imp


    Have:
    Goat Man, Loo-kee, and Kowl



    I want meteorbs dang nabbit!!!

  13. #63
    Evil Spy Warrior triklops1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Turin-Italy
    Posts
    2,750
    Quote Originally Posted by TechTrek View Post
    on a serious note though, i would have LOVED to see 3rd season of MOTU 200x, and it focus on the "peoples heroes" Rio and Champ (cop character/city characters) and snout and Extendar (firemen) type of storylines!!
    ME TOO!!!!!!!! and also I would have liked see just 1 episode about ROCK PEOPLE STONEDAR , ROKKON and GRANITA right???
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."

  14. #64
    Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Neuthonian Suburbs
    Posts
    2,558
    the rock people were a couple of those toys that, when i was a kid, IT BLEW MY MIND. i thought they were so cool that they could form a rock.

    when you are 5, things are a bit different.

    but i still think they could be very cool.

  15. #65
    Evil Spy Warrior triklops1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Turin-Italy
    Posts
    2,750
    they STILL are COOL!!!!!!! its a shame we didn't see a re-styling of these characters in the 200x myp's era
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."

  16. #66
    HeroicUniter PrinceAdam101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    2,930
    The lack of "action feature" is the exact reason why I love CLAMP CHAMP so much! He's ALL HUMAN! How many totally human characters were there in 80's classics? And then he was the only ethnically diverse hero on Eternia, at least until the 200X Zodak. I hated how Mattel felt they HAD to create figures based on an action concept. When I saw Sy-Klone on a toy shelf, I abandoned MOTU for good and turned all my remaining attention to GI JOE, where EVERYBODY was basically human. Mattel flew off the handle with the crazy ideas.
    Last edited by PrinceAdam101; October 15, 2009 at 12:03am.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

  17. #67
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Posts
    569
    Quote Originally Posted by TechTrek View Post
    i dont think its wrong to think that people that look alike (in race or nationality) would naturally be attracted to each other. i think its a very real thing, though of course being attracted to other races is very possible also.
    Maybe it's not wrong. But when you see 2 white characters, do you automatically think "they should be together." I'm gonna bet the answer is no. So why does this always happen when their are 2 black characters?

  18. #68
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    502
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Man Walking View Post
    Maybe it's not wrong. But when you see 2 white characters, do you automatically think "they should be together." I'm gonna bet the answer is no. So why does this always happen when their are 2 black characters?
    Because, unfortunately, most fictions are slow to realize that integration means "more than 2 people who aren't white". So since there are often only two people of any ethnicity other than caucasian on tv, for example, the public at large assumes they'll be together.

    It stinks, yes. They need to grow up, yes. I see plenty of inter-racial couples these days. So what? If you love someone, it doesn't MATTER what they look like, or what their beliefs are, or what gender they are. Love is love, and that's the ONLY thing that matters.
    CyberV... FOR VICTORY!

    Check out my new comic, Death Fox, at www.whatthefluxcomics.com

  19. #69
    Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Neuthonian Suburbs
    Posts
    2,558
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Man Walking View Post
    Maybe it's not wrong. But when you see 2 white characters, do you automatically think "they should be together." I'm gonna bet the answer is no. So why does this always happen when their are 2 black characters?

    for me it has little to do with "they are the only two black characters, and more to do with "minority". thats the way i have always seen it. for example, if you are white, and lived in a town of black people. and there was only one other white woman, you saw her at working at the market, there is no way that you wouldnt at least feel a "bond" with her. or possible be attracted to her. but there would be some sort of recognition of that, because that is what you look like. (obviously you can change color or race in this example with ANY OTHER color or race that are considered "different".

    Quote Originally Posted by cyberv View Post
    Because, unfortunately, most fictions are slow to realize that integration means "more than 2 people who aren't white". So since there are often only two people of any ethnicity other than caucasian on tv, for example, the public at large assumes they'll be together.

    It stinks, yes. They need to grow up, yes. I see plenty of inter-racial couples these days. So what? If you love someone, it doesn't MATTER what they look like, or what their beliefs are, or what gender they are. Love is love, and that's the ONLY thing that matters.
    i agree also, i think that love doesnt have eyes like that.some of the most attractive people i have ever met came from interacial couples.

    some times when i see a couple of different race in real life i think its very cute, and i think that they will be stronger for it (since i live in a racist area) then sometimes i see an inter-racial couple on tv and for some odd reason i think they are trying too hard. (i guess it might be cause alot of people are still getting use to it.)


    the funny thing is, i have children with red hair, and white as an irish woman, but my last name is rodriguez. its going to be funny when they meet other puerto ricans when they are older, "Rodriguez?Q??!?!?! ; yeah right!! LOL.."



    and on the note of "normal humans" in eternia someone said earlier. i think it is so true. shoot, i was just hoping for more characters with TWO usable hands!!!! lol. when they made that Rio Blast staction I rolled my eyes. HE HAD TWO HANDS come on people, we have enough characters with "hand powers" (i know he had guns in his wrists, but he at least could play poker!)

  20. #70
    Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Canton, Ohio
    Posts
    1,086
    I'm not a huge Clamp Champ fan but I would buy him and think we'll see him in 2010 or 2011
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

  21. #71
    A big fan of Slush Head
    Mike Bock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Quagmi swamp
    Posts
    9,162

    Do you see Clamp Champ as a bonus figure ?

    So lets face it Clamp Champ has all the characteristics of a bonus figure.
    He is a simple repaint with a new head.



    I think he could be sold as a bonus figure at some point next year. This will speed things up for some of the characters. I don't think Clamp Champ is far behind.

    What do you think? Should he be sold as a bonus or a a regular?
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

  22. #72
    Heroic Warrior RocketPunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    6,159
    Regular. And I don't care what Mattel says, his clamp needs to work. And not "just like I remember it" either.

  23. #73
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,385
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    So lets face it Clamp Champ has all the characteristics of a bonus figure.
    He is a simple repaint with a new head.

    http://www.80ies-best-toys.de/neuesp...ClampChamp.jpg

    I think he could be sold as a bonus figure at some point next year. This will speed things up for some of the characters. I don't think Clamp Champ is far behind.

    What do you think? Should he be sold as a bonus or a a regular?
    I we're thinking like that, Evil-Lyn, Stinkor and Prince Adam might as well be bonus figures too, because they are just parts-swapped characters just like Zodak.

    I think bonus figures should not be defined by their simplicity to make, but be niche characters that are fan demanded, but are characters that not everyone would want to buy.

    Clamp Champ should be a regular release, despite him being so ridiculously easy to make.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

  24. #74
    Heroic Warrior RocketPunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    6,159
    The fact that he's so easy to make is all the more reason for them to go the extra mile with his weapon.

    A guy with a moniker like Clamp Clamp had better be able to clamp stuff!

  25. #75
    Chillin' He-Man54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    941
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I we're thinking like that, Evil-Lyn, Stinkor and Prince Adam might as well be bonus figures too, because they are just parts-swapped characters just like Zodak.

    I think bonus figures should not be defined by their simplicity to make, but be niche characters that are fan demanded, but are characters that not everyone would want to buy.

    Clamp Champ should be a regular release, despite him being so ridiculously easy to make.
    Like you say, Evil-Lyn and Prince Adam are pretty central characters. Someone like Clamp Champ I could see as being a bonus figure. He probably won't sell like more central characters. Either way, I want him.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •