Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Clamp Champ Thread

A big fan of Slush Head
    I've always been a fan of Clamp Champ. As a kid I really enjoyed the 87 wave.
    Now that we are getting Randor in December. I am really looking forward to getting Clamp Champ. I hope he is not too far behind. He will be quite easy to make.

I've always wanted to see him in the cartoon and know his origin story. I remember when MYP announced that he was going to show up in the third season. He almost made it. Too bad it got cancelled.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TechTrek View Post
    would it be cool if clamp champ was dekkers son. (or maybe grandson?)
    Since I don't really care for Dekker as a character, I would prefer that they're not related.

I never had Clamp Champ, but, as plain and "boring" as many think he is, I have to say that I am quite excited at the idea of this character being included in the line. I hope his original afro-hair is included in the sculpt, but I do like the idea of his clamp being a bit smaller. It should still clamp, though. That's a must. (Not really an action feature, per se, but a working weapon.)

I hope the clamp works. But I'm setting myself up for disappointment if I think that it is going to work.

Not a fan.

That said, CLAMP CHAMP should still have a figure, just like everybody else.
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

when I first read "Power Pincer Snatches Foes!" I thought it read "Power Pincer Snatches Fools!" That would be soooo much more entertaining.

I guess I wouldn't mind seeing a Clamp Champ.
    Positive Transactions-greyskull1, Kero, miasboytoy, MOTU_Maniac, Big Country, Beastmangler, biged98, EwR-Disaster, masterenglish, Radrcks, Son Of Keldor, myers04, tattoojunkie74, He-Cowboy, Judeh Simon, Dr Kain, BrandnChicagoHorde, JonnyTyler, Mern-Ra, wolvie3579, Toygiant, Grayskulls Fakor, Villa-man, Fisto69, Mdoclar, degra, Dawg88, Jii Dee & Many More Orgers...

Masters Chronicles Host! Vinto-Man's Avatar
    its a figure i would get but there is so many figures i would like to see before this one gets released. Marzo, marlena and sy-klone are the ones i really want to see.
    Masters of the Universe Chronicles Podcast!

To listen to any show click here

To join the facebook page click here

To subscribe via Itunes click here

I'm pumped for CC!

It looks like he could have driven his old clamp to work, it's huge!!

I reckon that he may come with a bare left wrist, some of the pics show no bracer on his left arm.

I'm hoping that he comes with 2 heads. Original and 200X with flat top and head gear.

Original armour is fine, I'll customize a 200X tech suit for him.

It will be interesting to see what 200X elements are included. My guess is the back-pack and mini clamp.

Can't wait

I hope in a AF vintage style, with mechanism of weapon and other extra weapon from 200x!

would it be cool if clamp champ was dekkers son. (or maybe grandson?)

dont jump the gun and say i am trying to make all of the dark eternians related, i just see how they are weaving alot of characters together in the bios, and i think it would be cool.
    Don't sweat it! I'm kinda hoping for a crossover story so that Clamp Champ and Netossa can be a couple!
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Hope to have him eventually!
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Im looking foward to CC! I never had this figure as a kid, and he would be a welcomed addition to my collection.

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    I never had him, but thought he was cool. The fact Adam's line was accidentally put from Champ's mouth, addressing Randor as "Father" always made me wonder. I knew it was a flub, but my mind began to think maybe Randor had a child with someone else... all of this years before the "Keldor=Evil Half Brother" saga.

Watching the Filmation series retroactively, I saw the young soldier who aids Marlena in the rescue of the Royal Court as Clamp Champ. In my continuity I added that after that, his bravery rose him to the ranks and thus he became Randor's personal guard. Bring on Clamp Champ!

Elder Councilman
    Good god, really people? I could honestly do without him. I mean...I'll get him but jeez....

I prefer the 200X staction easily. And I do hope he's Dekker's son...it'll honestly be the only thing making the OJ Simpson look-a-like cool....
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Ryno View Post
    when I first read "Power Pincer Snatches Foes!" I thought it read "Power Pincer Snatches Fools!" That would be soooo much more entertaining.

I guess I wouldn't mind seeing a Clamp Champ[[/B][/B][/B].

LMAO

Heroic Warrior
    Oh yeah...definitely looking forward to CC.
    Good Transactions W/: Creasy Bear, Deltadod, Wickethecanuck x2, Chemical Chemical, Jasonwulf, Mike Bock, Windblock2002, CGImmortal x2, Audman , Hairybeastman x2, Man-E-Toys & 2 pppl ive forgotten. More to come :-)

One of my all time favorite figures from the original line. I hope we get him in 2010, and that his weapon works!
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    Clamp Champ is cool!
    I hope to see him around 2012 after a few more mains

I really like his staction! I have to say though, that this guy has one of the most lame weapons in all of MOTU history (IMO). I mean, they could have just made him Needle Nose Plyers Man... However, I am looking forward to getting him when he's eventually released.
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

Clamp Champ is a really good character.
    He's also quite easy to make.
    The gleam of the Power Sword lights your way as you enter the fantastic world of Eternia...

Heroic Warrior
    I love Clamp Champ. He's easy to make, and he'd be another welcome hero for the sorely depleted heroic warriors (seriously. You have MAA, Teela, Stratos, and Zodak against Scareglow, Webstor, Beast Man and the rest... Right now, these guys are relying HEAVILY on He-Man, dead guys, and a guy so neutral he calls his wife to say "hello".).

Aside from bolstering the ranks, that clamp? It RULES. It was always one of my favorite accessories as a kid. I'd have him grab Mer-Man and go bowling with the fish as the ball. Many an evil warrior discovered that they were but tenpins against the mighty Clamp Champ.

Admittedly, not the best heroic name ever, but still a great character and a welcome bit of diversity in the line.
    CyberV... FOR VICTORY!

Check out my new comic, Death Fox, at www.whatthefluxcomics.com

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon-O View Post
    I never had him, but thought he was cool. The fact Adam's line was accidentally put from Champ's mouth, addressing Randor as "Father" always made me wonder. I knew it was a flub, but my mind began to think maybe Randor had a child with someone else... all of this years before the "Keldor=Evil Half Brother" saga.

Watching the Filmation series retroactively, I saw the young soldier who aids Marlena in the rescue of the Royal Court as Clamp Champ. In my continuity I added that after that, his bravery rose him to the ranks and thus he became Randor's personal guard. Bring on Clamp Champ!
    its funny you mention the filmation. I went with it the opposite way, and both of our stories could work out!!!

in an earlier episode, there is a farmer, and his son and him go on a mission with the masters, the kid says, "i want to be part of the royal guard someday", I actually considered HIM the same guy that helped Marlena in her episode, and THEN because he did such a good job, they promoted him as clamp champ!!! could be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    Don't sweat it! I'm kinda hoping for a crossover story so that Clamp Champ and Netossa can be a couple!
    Why? Just because they're both black? There should be more reason for characters to hook up then both being people of color in their respective franchises.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    Why? Just because they're both black? There should be more reason for characters to hook up then both being people of color in their respective franchises.
    It worked so well for Storm and Black Panther. Perfect retcon to hook up the top black superheroes in Marvel.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    its funny you mention the filmation. I went with it the opposite way, and both of our stories could work out!!!

in an earlier episode, there is a farmer, and his son and him go on a mission with the masters, the kid says, "i want to be part of the royal guard someday", I actually considered HIM the same guy that helped Marlena in her episode, and THEN because he did such a good job, they promoted him as clamp champ!!! could be cool.
    OMG! That's so cool!