Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: The Clamp Champ Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
    So Clamp Champ's super-senses warn him of any danger, right?

*pic*

What Ninjor began, SnakeFace finished.
    Naw, that's totally different. Snake Face isn't dangerous!

See? He's just sneaking up on him to try and make a friend, but that darn turning-people-to-stone thing keeps getting in the way.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Love the Champ! wish Mattel had kept the show around to put him in, I had an idea on how to introduce him in 200x as well story wise,. as the royal bodyguard he felt extreme failure at adora being kidnapped, he went after her and after not checking in for a while TheSorceress Rando and MAA made the hard decision to put up the mystic wall, Clamp Champ was still on that side, he had to survive on the other side for years never giving up on retrieving the kidnapped princess. he would appear after the horde returns, his super senses were developped by his training and meditating etc to survive on the dark side of eternia all those years.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

No square-dos, please. Rename him The Champion and make him a former-gladiator-turned-royal-bodyguard. Then all the haters will see the truth...

I can't wait to see how the 200x Power Sword will look on him!
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

I really like your ideas of Clamp Champ being an earned title related to Snake-Busting, Swanmarsh!

I would love to see CC sooner than later!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Elder Councilman
    To me, Clamp Champ was the "we have to have some ethnicity in this line, so let's find something to do with a black guy" character.

I had him as a kid....and it's nothing I'm proud of.

Yes, they improved him for the Staction, but there's only so much one can improve him.

He's sorta like Ninjor, as I've stated as my top point; it's why I don't really like either character. Yeah, they'll likely be getting to him in 2011; sure, the year I'm getting a sub for, and that's when we'll likely see him; the bio writers better "awesome him up".
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

Heroic Warrior

Clamp Champ is Decker's grandson!

Since MOTU is one big family, why not?

Evil Vixen/Heroic Chef Starshine's Avatar
    I love a lot of these ideas!

"Champion" or "Champ" would be a better name, also make him a DIRECT enemy of the SnakeMen as well. (I know that ALL of the heroes are 'enemies' of the SnakeMen, but I mean more specifically, like the head of a 'specialized task force'.)

He should have the personality of SuperMan, kind of the 'boy scout', maybe like the personality of Marshall BraveStar.

".....We wouldn't think of putting something on the screen - whether for theatres, television, or home video - without building in pro-social values..."

- Lou Scheimer (1984)

This is what its all about, folks.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Me, I always thought of the name as something he was given, perhaps by the King or Queen, and maybe something he views much as we do, namely, wishing it were something else.

I'd really hope they keep the senses and reflexes we saw in the mini-comics, and keep him as the royal bodyguard. He would make a good addition to the inner circle, especially if he's a younger recruit. We've already got the wizened warrior in Man-at-Arms, so soemone more in Adam and Teela's age range would work as a counterpoint.

And I definitely hope we get him sooner rather than later.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Clamp Champ suffered from the same problem that Snout Spout did: A REALLY LAME NAME!!!! ... Now, Nipple-Clamp Champ sounds much more "titillating".
    "You don't wanna beat me or screw me!? What kind of marriage is this? Bring a book." -- Jerri Blank to her pretend husband Ronnie Leggett, from "Strangers With Candy"

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LostIt2Bostik View Post
    Now, Nipple-Clamp Champ sounds much more "titillating".
    Okay, I know this is an "adult collector line," but I don't think they meant it quite that way....
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Okay, I know this is an "adult collector line," but I don't think they meant it quite that way....
    HAHAHA!!!! Be thankful I didn't give Snout Spout a new name.
    "You don't wanna beat me or screw me!? What kind of marriage is this? Bring a book." -- Jerri Blank to her pretend husband Ronnie Leggett, from "Strangers With Candy"

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    At least Clamp Champ will come with a real name now. But will it be better than "Clamp Champ"?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    At least Clamp Champ will come with a real name now. But will it be better than "Clamp Champ"?
    You're right, it could get worse. Mattel could get all Beverly Hillbillies on us and call him Champ Clampett OR get all Dadaist art on us and call him Clamp Duchamp OR get all Shi'ar Empire on us and call him C'lamp Ch'amp.

I think it'd be great if he got revealed at SDCC this year, and he seems like a strong possibility since we've been getting so many new sculpts lately, they could probably use a guy who would require as few new tools as possible.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    Nipple-Clamp Champ sounds much more "titillating".
    His second accessory should be a pair of nipple clamps. Then when he's got an evil warrior in his big clamp, he has something to threaten them with.
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Man, I was so excited to be the first to make a nipple clamp joke, too. You snooze, you lose, I suppose! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Killian View Post
    His second accessory should be a pair of nipple clamps. Then when he's got an evil warrior in his big clamp, he has something to threaten them with.
    Something tells me some of the Evil Warriors might enjoy that. I'm not naming any names but a certain spiked malcontent and a metal-mouthed combatant don't seem to mind putting metal to their fleshy petals.

Quote Originally Posted by cayman shen View Post
    Man, I was so excited to be the first to make a nipple clamp joke, too. You snooze, you lose, I suppose! lol
    Great minds think alike (?)
    Last edited by LostIt2Bostik; April 27, 2010 at 09:44am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Clamp Champ Mentioned in new bio!

The trademarked name "Clamp Champ" was mentioned in the new eternian palace guard two pack bio... I hope this is a sign that he will be comming this year. I know there are no guarentees... but wishful thinking!

A big fan of Slush Head
    Yeah I hope so too. Clamp Champ is a fav of mine.
    Can't wait to see how he will look like in this collection I also want to read his bio.
    I want to know more about him.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    Yeah I hope so too. Clamp Champ is a fav of mine.
    Can't wait to see how he will look like in this collection I also want to read his bio.
    I want to know more about him.
    yeah that is a good point, his bio. For some reason I think he will have an important roll in this cannon... might effect in what order he is released due to how his bio plays out. I really want that figure though! I wonder if he will include the large clamp and the little clamp that came with the 200x staction?

Evil Master of Laceration mikescab's Avatar
    Always liked Clamp Champ as a kid. Let's hope his bio rocks and makes sense. I'm calling it, a bio prediction. He's Dekker's nephew and is an Eternian Palace guard turned teacher at arms, then becoming master at arms due to King Randor's disappearance and Man-at-arms replacing him as King by default. Whatever the bio may be, I can't wait for this figure.
    Mike Scabs

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I've always had a soft spot for Clamp Champ...and I always wanted to see him and Netossa go out! Their clothes even match perfectly, with the silver and blue colour scheme...and he clamps people and she catches them with her net!

Perfect match. Both awesome and beautiful designs.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I always wanted to see him and Netossa go out!
    Yep, they are lovers separated in 2 worlds...
    Last edited by Snake Hunter; July 28, 2010 at 06:03am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

If Clamp Champ is revealed shortly after King Hiss is released it give weight to my snake hunting theory.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

You're right, it could get worse. Mattel could get all Beverly Hillbillies on us and call him Champ Clampett OR get all Dadaist art on us and call him Clamp Duchamp OR get all Shi'ar Empire on us and call him C'lamp Ch'amp.
    Or get all "bad mother" on us and call 'em Champuel L. Clampson.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.