Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: She-Ra "Filmation" transformation Statue COMPLETED

Just received the She-Ra progress, this dude is faster than I thought.

more pics at my blog (my sig).

So what do you guys think?

This is looking wonderful. I can't believe how good she looks, thats a great talent you have. Looking forward to seeing the final result. Though sometimes i've noticed statues like this dont look so good once they are painted but i'm sure you'll do a good job.
    Well done.
    Nick

Im not the sculptor, just the commissioner. I think is one will look better when painted actually.

Things I have noticed:

head band is too long

Her Left leg needs a twist to counter clock-wise

Cape needs be slightly bigger

Face/head may or may not be too big, I dunno.

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    she is coming along nicely - can't wait to see more!

=0
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

Heroic Warrior
    If you're going to have a Crystal Castle background statue produced as well, then you should definately have the base be incorporated into that somehow - I think it would look a lot more unified that way, instead of having a piece of Whispering Woods as the base.

EDIT: Looking at the Crystal Castle and She-Ra's transformation, as well as your He-Man statue's base and it's background, the best base idea for She-Ra would probably be to use a mountain top base, a rocky outcrop of the mountain top the Crystal Castle stands on.

Last edited by coinilius; October 18, 2009 at 09:36am.

Quote Originally Posted by coinilius View Post

EDIT: Looking at the Crystal Castle and She-Ra's transformation, as well as your He-Man statue's base and it's background, the best base idea for She-Ra would probably be to use a mountain top base, a rocky outcrop of the mountain top the Crystal Castle stands on.
    Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a winner.

Edit: sorry, I double posted.

She is coming along nicely. Can you get the sculptor to take a shot straight on before he goes any further.
    Right now her head looks a little big or shoulders too small and she leaning a little too far forward but it's hard to tell from that view.

As for the base, I think the mountain top is a nice and simple but effective idea.

But if you are really after that Filmation vibe I think purple bushs and pink mushrooms is the way to go.
    But I cannot find a decent pic of Whispering woods.

Edit, found some:
    http://www.princessofpower.co.uk/pag...s/image_01.jpg
    http://www.princessofpower.co.uk/pag...noramic_04.jpg
    http://www.princessofpower.co.uk/pag...noramic_01.jpg
    http://www.princessofpower.co.uk/pag...s/image_38.jpg

A few of those pink and purple bushes and then the orange/red cracked stone floor!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

I am glad you replied when you did. I was just in the process of emailing the sculptor with my own suggestions. Here are the points I mentioned so far:

- Her left hand needs to be tilted upwards a bit like the pic, as well as her send finger.

- Her headband is a little too long, and it makes it look like she has a big forehead.

- Her cape is very nice, but it need to be a little wider and more dynamic like the pic. especially her left side of the cape should have more flow to it like the pic.

- Her left leg needs a twist to counter clock-wise , Just a little bit.
    ------------

Do you agree?

I do agree with the big head observation, but I think that the neck is too long, and if shortened. that long with narrowing the headband and taking a little off the hair on the top of the head should make the head look proper. What do you think?

You can see more views of her body on my blog, check it out and let me know. I hope we finalize this 'corrective' list now so I can forward them to the sculptor and let him finish it as he's about to completed it.

Edit: Should I ask him to make the eyes bigger too?

Quote Originally Posted by GoOd_RaInBoW View Post
    I am glad you replied when you did. I was just in the process of emailing the sculptor with my own suggestions. Here are the points I mentioned so far:

- Her left hand needs to be tilted upwards a bit like the pic, as well as her send finger.

- Her headband is a little too long, and it makes it look like she has a big forehead.

- Her cape is very nice, but it need to be a little wider and more dynamic like the pic. especially her left side of the cape should have more flow to it like the pic.

- Her left leg needs a twist to counter clock-wise , Just a little bit.
    ------------

Do you agree?

I do agree with the big head observation, but I think that the neck is too long, and if shortened. that long with narrowing the headband and taking a little off the hair on the top of the head should make the head look proper. What do you think?

You can see more views of her body on my blog, check it out and let me know. I hope we finalize this 'corrective' list now so I can forward them to the sculptor and let him finish it as he's about to completed it.

Edit: Should I ask him to make the eyes bigger too?
    I've just looked at the blog and I have to say that the guy is pretty awesome. But he'd be even more awesome if he paid a bit more attention to things.

Anyways I would agree with your changes but looking at the pics on your blog, I still think the head is too big and the shoulders too small. She-Ra needs nice broad shoulders. She also needs to have along neck so I'd leave that.

I'd get him to soften the musculature on the armpit too. It's a bit too refined as it is now.
    www.eamonart.com

I'll let him know all your suggestions. But i still think the neck is slightly longer than it need to be.

Also, do yo agree about that the eyes need to be a bit bigger?

Quote Originally Posted by GoOd_RaInBoW View Post
    I'll let him know all your suggestions. But i still think the neck is slightly longer than it need to be.

Also, do yo agree about that the eyes need to be a bit bigger?
    Maybe just a little yeah!
    www.eamonart.com

Filmation She-Ra Forever! AlessandraF's Avatar
    I like the Sky Dancer's top idea (I was thinking about thatt too) but could be cool something like this:

"One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them,
    One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them..."

I'm supporting Power and Honour Foundation!
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

………… ________
    ……… / | \\___
    …… /........|-.... |.…..... o\
    ……… (@)-----------(@)-´

Hey, new WIP pics!
    Alles Orko oder was? - ...'cause Trollans are the best! - She-Raver by conviction...

Great WIP pics.
    My 2 cents:

- I think the eyes' size is absolutely fine, but they would need to be more symmetrical. Her right one (as we, the viewer, see it) is pointing upwards on the lateral eyecorner.

- Another thing I noticed is the sword-wielding arm, which is (far) too short.

- While the head and neck in generall is very slightly oversized.

- Her thighs may be kind of thin or "straight-lined" in the knee area, but that's also the way this area looks in the Filmation transformation picture, so that's okay i guess. She could deserve a little bit more calves 'tho, because it's pretty much just skin + bones (+ boots ) now.

Beside this little nitpicking, i think your guy is doing another amazing job!

P.S.: Oh and agreed, the cape needs to be bigger.
    Last edited by sathomaso; October 18, 2009 at 06:08pm.
    ..:: it rubs the lotion on its skin ::..

THESE COLLECTORS ARE HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO DEAL WITH:

Kaleb1974 (5x) ~ Peter (3x) ~ JOAH-MAN (1x) ~ TIRPITZ (8x) ~ rougewelder (1x) ~ Facelessone (12x) ~ King-ironic (1x) ~ boggs32 (2x) ~ onthoofder ~ ess7477 (1x) ~ Sl@yer (8x) ~ 2-packs (7x) ~ Arkangel (2x) ~ PIOSOL (3x) ~ pyrelus (1x) ~ Scare_Glower (1x) ~ mondo (1x) ... Thanks guys!!! :-)

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    This statue is looking really good!

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Looks good so far.

mark's wife jill here...

i just wanted to pop in and say i'm LOVING this statue, and can't wait to see it finished!!! i also wanted to add my 2 cents to the discussion on the base. i like alessandraf's idea of the rocky ground with those crystal shards...kinda reminds me of the fortress of solitude. anyway, i think that would look really cool if you picked up some transparent acrylic rod for the crystal parts. then when you got to the castle background part, get a real gemstone for that. instead of just sculpted parts that won't have the same shimmer/shine effect. links below so you can see what i'm talking about. altho, she's still gonna look AWESOME no matter what you go with for a base!

http://www.delviesplastics.com/mm5/m...st_Acrylic_Rod

http://www.dreamtimecreations.com/rh...l-rhinestones/
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Love this statue, but I have a serious concern that simply must be addressed: The hooker boobs and push-up top!

The way the sculptor has crafted the upper part of her costume does not do the character justice in terms of her personality and modesty. I definitely think the boobs need to be covered, show a little cleavage, sure, but nothing pouring out. Take a look at She-Ra in profile and you'll see that the entirety of her girls are covered. Plus, it's a common mistake (in my eyes anyway) to make the "plate" of the front of her top a pronounced piece, separate from the "back". The way the two join now, it really looks like they're two pieces, instead of one piece that happens to have a thin hem line. Here, it looks like a straight corset with separate piece on the front. Make it one smoothe top line (like drawing a wave...a gentle curve flowing into a heart shape...for lack of a better description) and you'll improve it greatly. Then, tweak the "wings" on the top. They're far too large, and right now look like they're there to push the girls forward into "display" mode. Not attractive. The wings are delicate little details on the top of the outfit. Decorative flair.

Yeesh...women really are harder to capture correctly in art, aren't they!

The shot of her hair from the back reveals another problem. Look at the way her hair flows, cartoony style on the show. Sometimes, sure, the animators butcher it...but here I think it should be depicted as rounded, plumb bulbs in the back, in keeping with that rounded aesthetic, but bringing it into three dimensions. If you go for realistic hair, the way the sculptor seems to be now, it just hurts the look of the figure.

I think everyone else is keeping an eye on the body and face, so I'll end my comments there for now. Though I'm still seeing a flat duck foot on her right side. Hopefully that'll change too

Here are the She-Ra Updates. Still more adjustments overall to come according to the sculptor. Please study and list what need to imporve and how. thanks :

Note: that's He-Man sword, which will be molded and then oval crystal will be added to it.

It's going to be a fantastic sculpture, and you are very lucky.

The first thing that I could critique is that the hair looks just a bit too thick, specially on the right side (front view). Feels like there's an unnaturally amount of hair. Obviously, colors will help this, and She-Ra definitely has long, flowing locks. Just my opinion right now.

Also I hope the sword guard (correct word?) is going to be in contact with her hand.

I noticed that her head wing (for lack of a better term) has an angle to it from the side. I think you should make sure that the sculptor rounds that out before he finishes. Unless you like that look of course.

I still think her head is too big but it's too late to change that now I'd imagine.

She needs straightening up. Right now she is tilting to the right a bit.
    Her sword arm is waaaayy too small man. This is the biggest thing that needs fixing.
    www.eamonart.com

Wish I had the talent to do something like this.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Waiting for the woman to get her halloween costume on, as ya do, so I managed to fit this in.
    So as requested...hope it helps!

www.eamonart.com