Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Matty Update 1/14/2010: Clarification on Subscription and Bonus Figures for MOTUC

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

Matty Update 1/14/2010: Clarification on Subscription and Bonus Figures for MOTUC

New news...

Hey He-Fans,

I've seen on Facebook and the fan sites a bit of confusion as to what is a Club Eternia subscription figure and what is a bonus figure. So here is the full scoop!

Club Eternia memberships were sold for a four week period during SDCC 2009. If you purchased a membership you will automatically receive and be billed for one new MOTU figure each month. The subscription figures are marked on Mattycollector.com with a gold burst. The Jan. 2010 figurue is Adora, the February figure is Trap Jaw. 2010 memberships are now closed. 2011 memberships will be sold during SDCC 2010 and so on.

If you do not have a membership you can also log on during the 15th of each month and purchase that figure until it is sold out. We can not guarantee every figure unless you have a subscription; these figures will sell out fast!

In addition to the 12 monthly figures, we are also going to offer 2 - 4 "bonus" figures each year, usually at the end of each quarter. These figures will be A-list hero and villain updates such as Battle Armor He-Man and King Grayskull. These figures are not included in the subscription program. However, if a standard figure slips schedule (like what happened with Mer-Man in 2009) we may subsitute an upcoming "bonus" figure to ensure their is one subscription figure each month. If this does happen it will be announced well in advance. (i.e. several months)

Ideally nothing will slip schedule but we need to have a back up plan just in case!

Finally, in addition to the monthly figures and the bonus figures, we are also looking at doing a few larger items (like Battle Car or army builder 2 packs). These are also not included in the subscription simply because we do not know how many we are doing yet and they will range in price. Eventually we may include these skus in the 2011 subscription if their is enough fan interest in the 2010 skus.

Hopefully this clarifies most questions. Please do feel free to comment and I'll check back to answer any other questions about how the Club Eternia subscription works!

Matty
    So the SKUs aren't the giants, but the 2 packs? One is good and one is evil?

And King Grayskull is a bonus figure that's coming at the end of the year...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Wait a minute?! Only A-list hero and villain updates? So no more characters like ZodaK or the Goddess any more? Those two weren't exactly A-list, were they?
    Awesome sticker included!

I hope they release a 200x Evil-Lyn bonus figure in 2010, but I feel that's not going to happen.

Bring on the two packs!!!! Surely Horde Troopers must be first over the less-exciting Palace guards.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Hmmm... I can see Horde Troopers as army builders for the evil side. Palace guards for the good side?

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull's Heir View Post
    Wait a minute?! Only A-list hero and villain updates? So no more characters like ZodaK or the Goddess any more? Those two weren't exactly A-list, were they?
    The characters themselves weren't A-list, but the characters that they came from were, so I think they count.

The Goddess = Teela variant
    Zodak = Zodac variant

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    I hope they release a 200x Evil-Lyn bonus figure in 2010, but I feel that's not going to happen.
    Me too!

Bring on the two packs!!!! Surely Horde Troopers must be first over the less-exciting Palace guards.
    Well, since the two packs are army builders, that excludes pairs of unique characters like Tuvar and Baddhra, or Adam and Cringer.

Snake Men (orange and green varieties)
    Palace Guards
    Palace Guards II (Man-At-Arms lite)
    Horde Troopers
    Horde Wizards
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; January 14, 2010 at 12:08pm.

We won't be getting minor characters (i.e. Geldor, Catra's Goblins, etc.) as bonuses anymore, because apparently the last two bonuses didn't sell out fast enough. Sucks.

WOW this was a quick one. I cheked it on Facebook. and the minute after "bam"
    Here it is also

The GG I consider it so, although she'sa repaint of Teela.

Nope, the fans didn't want them.....

I know they had mentioned army builder 2 packs a while ago but I thought that since the bonuses didn't do as well as they had hoped the army builders might not happen.

I REALLY hope that if we get Eternian guards that we can get at least one in classic Man At Arms colors. I'd also like to see new head sculpts for Eternian guards representing some different ethnicities. How about a blue skinned Eternian guard?

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    We won't be getting minor characters (i.e. Geldor, Catra's Goblins, etc.) as bonuses anymore, because apparently the last two bonuses didn't sell out fast enough. Sucks.
    Which is STILL utterly ridiculous. They sold out! Isn't that at all that should matter.

All right bring on the 2packs.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Which is STILL utterly ridiculous. They sold out! Isn't that at all that should matter.
    I agree. Plus the Goddess had to compete with King Randor, the Skeletor re-issue and ALL the other items they had on sale in December (like an entire DCUC wave). It was one crazy month!

Stats are biased because of this. They should try a B-list bonus figure on a slow month, then judge.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I agree. This is ridiculous.
    It's outrageous!
    It's supposed to be a line aimed at the adult collector. Those two figure were sold out. That Goddess didn't sell out that fast was meinly because of Teela being released only shortly before the Goddess and all the reissues and other cool figures (Ghostbusters) being released simultaneously.
    I don't want more He-Man and Skeletor variants. I want cool rare characters that those of us who have been fans since the beginning really appreciate (pre-Filmation era rules!)...

This February they are making the same mistake again by flooding the market with too many figures. I really hope Batle Cat sells out fast enough despite this figure-overkill we are getting.

Will Faker be rereleased? I only ask because he was originally slated as a SDCC exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Stats are biased because of this. They should try a B-list bonus figure on a slow month, then judge.
    I agree, Zodak had to compete with Ray and other stuff, the Goddes had to compete against SKELETOR of all MOTUC characters... without counting all of the other stuff...

BA He-Man on the other hand has it easy... He's frigging He-Man, AND there isn't THAT much stuff around that would deny his fast selling status, except Beast Man (not counting Adora here because of the PoP hate, and she's a sub so she'll sell out.) and the lack of Power Sword. Still he's freaking Battle Armor He-Man!!!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    The characters themselves weren't A-list, but the characters that they came from were, so I think they count.

Zodak = Zodac variant
    Yup, that is how I interpreted it as well.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Anyone notice the "Battle Car"? And they said they weren't doing vehicles

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Apparently, their production runs were significantly lower than the sub figures. Slower sellouts + lower runs = No More Bonuses (outside the odd variant).

They'll probably still do them, but as lower-priority sub figures, since they'll make more money that way.
    Last edited by Reboot; January 14, 2010 at 12:41pm.

Thats the way I read it as well, hope thats not what they meant, don't just want HM, KG, Skelly, Hordak etc updates/repaints. Figures like Zodak and the Goddess are a welcome addition and even preferred to the HM and Skelly redecos.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    I'm confident she will be released.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

I think revealing Evil-Lyn before The Goddess went on sale made The Goddess look even cheaper.

I must admit I'm baffled how two sell outs equates to a lack of interest.

Keldor could be considered a Skeletor variation, so he could still be a bonus. It's strange thinking.

I'm honestly having mixed feelings on this. I'm disappointed, as this almost certainly kills off the chances for some of the more obscure characters. I'm somewhat relieved, as getting the bonuses somewhat negates the point of the subscription. Only twice out of the first six sub months have I not had to be on Matty at noon ET on D Day. I'd like a slow down with the bonuses. So would my wallet. LOL.

" … the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few … "
    " … or the one … "

{ @Lioncourt on Twitter | MastersCast | My Blog }

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post

Zodak = Zodac variant

I really don't think that Zodac can be considered an A-list character.

That's just it, right?
    Everyone has their own list of A-list characters.
    So really, bonuses being variants of "A-list" characters doesn't tell us much without Mattel's definition of A-list.
    Bill :: guitargod694

He's only considered "A-list" because he's an 8-back character.

Battle Car?

I definitelly want to drive one of those in real life!!!

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    I agree that Zodak and GG were variants of A-List Zodac and Teela.

I'm also happy to see that KG is a bonus figure. I saw another thread in the polls stating it would be a late 2010 monthly subscription figure.

I'm hoping the two packs.. will be two different figures. You know.. I think it'd be kind of lame to put two exact same HORDE Troopers in one package and slap a 40 dollar price tag on it.!!

(although.. i'd prolly buy two if they were released seperatly so i dunno why i'm complaining!)