Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The Adora Anticipation Support Group

Adora is one of the very few figures I'm willing to buy without seeing a review first. But I'll just buy one for starters. After the reviews are done, I'll buy more if there's still left.

Heidi
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    I don't need no stinkin' review! I'm buying multiples of this one, she'll be my most purchased figure yet... and i have 3 teelas.
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST SDCC 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue - Toy Catra - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: 3 main twiggets

I'm excited for her. She is the first Pop character in this line and not another straight up repaint of Teela. It still seems weird to me that they are releasing her before She-ra and Prince Adam.

Time's getting close!!
    Kuduk Ungol for MOTUC. All steeds for MOTUC. Fully-articulated Cringer for MOTUC. Point Dread and Talon Fighter for MOTUC.

Heroic Warrior
    I too can't wait.

Has there been any official word on wether Adora's dress will be made of hard or soft plastic? I can only recall reading about Evil-Lyn (and her dress is soft plastic).

Heidi
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Hopefully Adora won't have a bobble head. A pity Pixel Dan might not get his in time. I would have wanted to see Adora's head on Teela's body.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    This REALLY sucks if Mattel doesn't get the Adoras out in time. No reviews before sale date = less exposure = less sales to the occasional fans/people who think she just looks cool from seeing a review. I REALLY hope she sells quickly because Mattel may get paranoid about PoP figures.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Eternian Actor Master_Of_Metropolis's Avatar
    I'm pretty excited! And I'm not even a big POP fan!

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    From Matty's Facebook:
    I wonder if they received or will receive any BA He-Man figures for review?
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Josh I hope I can even get an Adora. My first paypal credit card blocked digital river earlier this year and I had no idea until that months fig was sold out. They issued me a new card and number this week and I am wondering if that resets the whole process. I sure hope not! To think POP is relaunching after all this time, cant miss that!

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
    Has there been any official word on wether Adora's dress will be made of hard or soft plastic? I can only recall reading about Evil-Lyn (and her dress is soft plastic).

Heidi
    She will have the softer plastic. Hoping there's a marked difference.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    She will have the softer plastic. Hoping there's a marked difference.
    Oh yes, I can't believe I forgot Adora will be sporting the softer plastic. She better be able to waist-turn in it!

I wonder if this is the reason no samples were ready? Hopefully there's not a problem with her!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I wonder if this is the reason no samples were ready? Hopefully there's not a problem with her!
    Except the bobble head or the eyes...keeping my fingers crossed.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Except the bobble head or the eyes...keeping my fingers crossed.
    Yeah fingers crossed her eyes ain't crossed

Honestly, Adora (with She-ra) is my most anticipated figure in this line. If Mattel does so much as screw up her eyes or give us a hard plastic outfit, I'll be so mad I think I'll explode into spontaneous combustion and never buy another MOTUC figure ever again... Except maybe Battle Cat. And She-ra. And Evil Lyn... Damn.

When are we going to see reviews of Adora??? The wait is killing me and I'm constantly checking this forum for an update on my iphone!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by oulala View Post
    When are we going to see reviews of Adora??? The wait is killing me and I'm constantly checking this forum for an update on my iphone!
    If we get one, it's probably going to be a few days before she goes on sale or even the day before. That's my guess.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Hmmmm. It is a bit odd they sent Dan a Battle Cat & not an Adora.

Perhaps they are worried his review may turn people off the figure.

Heroic Warrior
    i have to say i am a little worried about the subscription thing, this will be my first sub figure so I hope nothing goes wrong! i guess i'll have to get 2 to be safe or something...well I was planning on getting Beastman anyway.lol

I'm so excited for Adora! I'm getting one in my subscription, so I don't have any worries about getting her for myself, but I'm ordering an Adora along with my BA He-Man for a friend from here who can't afford to collect all of the MOTUC figures, so she's just going with the POP ones. I don't want her to miss out either!
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Well I plan on buying an extra Adora. Just for a Just in case issue. Plus it will give me an express Sword of Protection. Which I might try to customize into a Sword of Power for He-Man.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

I think I'll get an extra Adora so I can cut her at the waist giving some articulation, the extra sword and paint her up if her face comes looking all crazy eyes.

Heroic Warrior
    Adora is a definite must have !

Now, my only concerns are :

1) I hope she won't have the cross-eyed paint fault and that she won't suffer from any sloppy paint app.

2) I pray that she won't be a bobblehead.

3) I hope her joints will be decent.

4) I hope her accessories won't be in soft/rubbery plastic.

Regarding the bobblehead issue, I would appreciate it if Mattel would courageously "get out of the wood" and tell us honestly if Adora and Evil Lyn will suffer from that bobblehead issue... I think it is so sad to make such perfect sculpts and figures (thanks again, 4 Horsemen !), and then botch the job with the same sad quality control issues.

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectror View Post
    Adora is a definite must have !

Now, my only concerns are :

1) I hope she won't have the cross-eyed paint fault and that she won't suffer from any sloppy paint app.

2) I pray that she won't be a bobblehead.

3) I hope her joints will be decent.

4) I hope her accessories won't be in soft/rubbery plastic.

Regarding the bobblehead issue, I would appreciate it if Mattel would courageously "get out of the wood" and tell us honestly if Adora and Evil Lyn will suffer from that bobblehead issue... I think it is so sad to make such perfect sculpts and figures (thanks again, 4 Horsemen !), and then botch the job with the same sad quality control issues.
    I don't know if everyone saw that Adora prototype posted on the prototype thread. She had an Evil Lyn head but the good thing is that you can get a really good look at her sword which looks PERFECT in term of sculpt... But bended. I wouldn't look too much into the bended part as the plastic used on the 'prototypes' isn't always the one they're going to use in the finished product.
    As for the head, even if there was a slight 'bobble head effect' it wouldn't really show much on Adora given how much hair she has around her neck and shoulders. It wasn't the case with Teela as her hair is up.

As for those of you who want to cut her outfit at the level of her waist, beware: the waist cut is indeed way higher on the Teela / female buck, I'd say halfway between the waist and the breasts meaning it's much too high to work at the level of her belt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    I'm not too worried even if they did have some bobble heads coming down the line. I just fixed my goddess bobblehead by actually cutting the peg off right under the end of the sphere, then taking a bit of the cylinder off, and supergluing the sphere back to the remainder of the cylinder. The bobble effect is gone and as a plus, her neck is nice and not too long, and she can still look in all directions.

There's also the rubber band idea people keep posting.
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST SDCC 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue - Toy Catra - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: 3 main twiggets

Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    I'm excited for her. She is the first Pop character in this line and not another straight up repaint of Teela. It still seems weird to me that they are releasing her before She-ra and Prince Adam.

TOTALLY agree, but I love that she's before Adam and She-Ra.

I could not BE more excited for Adora's release!!!

POP
    POP
    POP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Judeh Simon View Post
    I'm not too worried even if they did have some bobble heads coming down the line. I just fixed my goddess bobblehead by actually cutting the peg off right under the end of the sphere, then taking a bit of the cylinder off, and supergluing the sphere back to the remainder of the cylinder. The bobble effect is gone and as a plus, her neck is nice and not too long, and she can still look in all directions.

There's also the rubber band idea people keep posting.
    What kind of glue did you use?! Is it that super strong epoxy? Can you still pull her head off and put it back on without risking the glue breaking?
    Last edited by bcrduke; January 3, 2010 at 03:41am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.