Thread: AVGN, Irate Gamer, Nostalgia Critic

AVGN, Irate Gamer, Nostalgia Critic

Anyone fans of these guys? I seen the Nerd mentioned here already but what about the other two? I don't like the Irate Gamer that much but his current vids on the history of videogames are kinda interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
    Anyone fans of these guys? I seen the Nerd mentioned here already but what about the other two? I don't like the Irate Gamer that much but his current vids on the history of videogames are kinda interesting.
    I used to watch AVGN alot, but I got a little tired of the gratuitous vulgarity. At one point he seemed to be stringing swears at random. Which is a shame. I enjoy funny reviews of bad games. I'll check out those others you mention.
    "I won Dungeons and Dragons! And it was advanced!!" -Pierce Hawthorne-

I like the earliest AVGN, before it all became "forced".

The Ghostbusters one is still the hardest I've laughed at any internet-only video.

I liked his recent Ghostbusters review as himself. At the beginning he's gonna talk about the new GB game, then the Nerd sits next to him and acts all ready to rip this game a new one. "No, it's not like that. This game is NEW and it's actually pretty cool!" Nerd- "A GOOD Ghostbusters game? Guess you don't need me." and he leaves. LOL First time James acted alongside his own character.

Nostalgia Critic and Spoony are classic!
    Live in the Connecticut/SW Massachusetts area? Need a tutor for you or your kids? PM me!

The name is Bond.... James Bond.

Nostalgia Critic, Nostalgia Chick, Linkara and MarzGurl are my favorites and I used to watch Angry VideoGame Nerd a lot.

- Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

When i first discovered The Angry Videogame Nerd, he was kinda funny, but his over the top swearing, and humor can be a mixed bag at times. Yet, when i discovered The Nostalgia Critic, i was hooked. Clearly, he had some talent, and while he did his fair share of cussing, he always make me laugh. However, when he would challenge The Nerd to a fight, it was such a treat to watch them duke it out. Over time, i discovered the other reviewers at The Critic's sight like Nostalgia Chick, (who's just as funny, by the way.) Marzgurl, and Linkara. (Who's the 'Nostalgia Critic' of comics.) While The Nerd does have his moments, The Critic wins for me.
    Last edited by mbaker; October 17, 2009 at 09:25am.

I like Nostalgia Critic, Linkara, and Cinema Snob the most myself. I used to like Nostalgia Chick but she kind of annoys me now

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I like AVGN and Nostalgia Critic. I actually met the Critic a few months back, he's local to area that I'm in.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

My wife and I discovered Nostalgia Chick recently and binged on her video collection, but I haven't checked out the rest on that site yet. I find her quite hilarious! She started off with just jokes, but now she does that on top of a lot of informational stuff, with a slight spin on feminism which I find interesting.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    You won't find much love for Irate Gamer because he's such an obvious clone of AVGN, from his mannerisms, reviewing games AVGN recently did and even his attempts at marketing.

AVGN has a theatrical movie in the works, a "when it's done" release schedule is set. He's finally getting around to ET for Atari 2600, and his attempt to visit the infamous desert landfill get shim in trouble with Area 51. And depsite working on the film he's managed a few more AVGN episodes and he's had to handle his marriage and wife's recent pregnancy. He's generally remained humble about his success though, although he did have the guts to call Annoying Orange and daneboe "garbage"(and well... how can you do the exact same joke over and over? I'm sorry but AO really lost its charm long ago).

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    You won't find much love for Irate Gamer because he's such an obvious clone of AVGN, from his mannerisms, reviewing games AVGN recently did and even his attempts at marketing.

AVGN has a theatrical movie in the works, a "when it's done" release schedule is set. He's finally getting around to ET for Atari 2600, and his attempt to visit the infamous desert landfill get shim in trouble with Area 51. And depsite working on the film he's managed a few more AVGN episodes and he's had to handle his marriage and wife's recent pregnancy. He's generally remained humble about his success though, although he did have the guts to call Annoying Orange and daneboe "garbage"(and well... how can you do the exact same joke over and over? I'm sorry but AO really lost its charm long ago).
    most likely sour grapes that AO has caught on far more than he ever did . I still find it a fun time waster .
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    I haven't watched NC in a while, I was having issues with their site's video player and Firefox(of which I'm sorely tempted to ditch and go to Chrome- Firefox is consuming around 600 MB of RAM just to run anymore). I had a lot of videos refuse to load past a certain point. Plus he's into past nostalgia, and I'm just not that obsessed over 80s stuff. I'm barely familiar with about 75% of what he's reviewing, despite the fact I should know that stuff.

Cybertronian Visitor transfan80's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    Plus he's into past nostalgia, and I'm just not that obsessed over 80s stuff. I'm barely familiar with about 75% of what he's reviewing, despite the fact I should know that stuff.
    Doug Walker recently revived the NC after what was originally intended to be a permanent retirement of the character. He no longer has a date cut-off for reviews; the only real rule in regards to that now is that he doesn't review current theatrical releases. With one exception, everything he has reviewed since his revival has been from the last decade (his first review was of The Odd Life of Timothy Green, which was only released last year). Even before then, he reviewed things from various points in the 90s and even did the occasional review of a movie from the 00s.
    Be who you are, not what's cool.

I like them as well as linkara,n-chick,mike mozart and film master adam (as well as collector75,optibotimus,seanlong,emgo and probably others.)
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by dragonrider1227 View Post
    I like Nostalgia Critic, Linkara, and Cinema Snob the most myself. I used to like Nostalgia Chick but she kind of annoys me now
    I refuse to watch any more of her videos after I saw her review of the animated Transformers movie.

Glad that the Critic decided to come out of retirement.

AVGN is the best though.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I REALLY want to see the AVGN movie! I hope it gets released some way, some how in the relatively near future. The trailer for it is hilarious. It looks like he got a pretty good production together, with some real actors, etc, for something he basically did independently.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"