Thread: A Note From Matty

A Note From Matty

A Message from Matty
    October 22, 2009
    by Matty
    Hey Toy Fans,

Man, it's been one heck of a week. I know some of you experienced issues with our big sale on October 15th and I wanted to give you the full, official update here.

I've always told you the straight-up truth and I'm not going to stop now. So on behalf of me, Toy Guru, and the rest of the MattyCollector.com team, here's the truth and nothing but…

Everyone with a subscription will get Teela®. Most have already shipped, but they should all be sent out by Friday 10/23. We confess there was initial confusion on our end about what got shipped to who and when, but going forward we've worked out a system to ensure that all subscription items ship to Club Eternia™ subscribers first.

All fulfillment confirmations should be out by tomorrow. These are the emails that tell you your order has shipped. If you successfully placed an order and got an order confirmation, but don't get a fulfillment confirmation by Friday 10/23, please contact mattycollector.cs@digitalriver.com.

Please know that we never do backorders. Our runs consist of various quantities and may be in more than one shipment from the factory to the warehouse to you, but once the product is all sold, that's it. With Teela®, what happened is the warehouse received the product after the sale technically started, and that resulted in an on-paper-only situation where it appeared we were sold out or backordered, but rest assured this was never the case. We may do a re-release, like with He-Man®, but we don't backorder items. For the future, we've worked out a new process so this won't happen again. In fact, this word is forevermore stricken from our vocabulary!

In general, please keep in mind that not all orders ship the first day the item goes on sale. Simply because of the large number of items being shipped, outbound shipments are sometimes spread over a period of several days. If you have an order confirmation, never fear… your order is scheduled. However, if you don't get a fulfillment confirmation within a few days of the order confirmation, please contact mattycollector.cs@digitalriver.com and we'll be happy to check on it for you.

Wun-dar™ will only be available to subscribers of Club Eternia™ for 2010. There were some rumors going around that Wun-dar™ would be offered to non-subscribers, but it's absolutely not true. And about rumors in general… we would always make an official announcement about anything huge, so please check with me when you hear crazy things. If something is true, you'll hear it from me first.

Contact Customer Support if you received a "Subscription Renewal Failure" e-mail. These indicate there may be an issue with your order, so if you got one, please forward it to mattycollector.cs@digitalriver.com so they can figure out what's up. If you don't have the original email, send them your order number and/or name and the email address used for your order.

We're still working on the tax issues. I wish this one was easy, but it's just not. Honestly, we don't really understand it all, but taxes vary by country/ state/city and product type, which makes it really complicated. The other thing is that Digital River is now required to collect tax in some states where they weren't required to before. If you live in one of those states, you may have not been charged tax previously, but will now see taxes. Digital River is working hard behind the scenes, gathering tax charts from around the globe. Once they've sorted it all out, we'll post everything we know to the Store FAQs. One thing for sure is that anyone mistakenly charged a tax will receive a full refund as quickly as possible.

A word about customer service… we heard your complaints and want you to know that everyone on the team takes them very seriously. We're glad to offer Facebook as a discussion outlet, but we'd appreciate it if you're having any kind of issue to document it and email mattycollector.cs@digitalriver.com to give them a chance to resolve the issue. There's a comprehensive procedure in place to ensure every customer is well taken care of and we promise we're watching closely.
    Look, what I really want to say is that we want to make this right. We know we'd be nothing without you, our loyal fans, and we honestly appreciate that you let us know when we do good and when we do not so good. We want your buying experience to be as good as it possibly can be and are doing everything in our power to make that happen.

Thanks for listening,

Matty

I was wondering how long it would take for this to get its own thread

It is currently being discussed here

Heroic Journalist MldMnrdReporter's Avatar
    Close thread please.
    Gwildor: Moo? Moo.
    He-Man: Gwildor!
    Gwildor: I'm going, I'm going...Moo!

Quote Originally Posted by MldMnrdReporter View Post
    Close thread please.
    Actually, I REALLY hope they don't. IMO this is the most honest and transparent communication Matty's provided and I hope it gets made into a sticky and put on the front page.

I think a post like this is too important to get lumped into another thread since most of us are too threaded out from the past week to still be keeping up, but maybe that's just me!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

I do greatly appreciate this statement.

The sad thing is that I have emailed that matty cs email, and only been given the run-around about my moving and how they can't change the shipping address on the original subscription order, so that when it renews, it automatically reverts to the old address AND changes my default shipping address in my account (totally unrelated to that order) to the old address.

When I called DR, they were hardly helpful. They said that I would have to have them shipped to the old address. I asked, "Do you realize how ridiculous that is? Do you realize you are asking me to pay you for items I won't get?" They said they would ask the Accounting Department's permission, and if they approved it, the shipping address could be changed on the original order. If they didn't approve it, I would have to call every month and HOPE I got in touch with them so that there was enough time to changed the shipping address on the renewal order before it was shipped.

This month, it didn't work, even though I called 2 weeks before the 15th... and even though they changed the shipping address back to the new one after the auto-renewal changed it to the old address...

So, matty, please... tell me how someone, who has collected Mattel toys for over 2 decades, who has bought Mattel toys as gifts for countless children, who currently collects 4 of your toy-lines, and who has always found Mattel to be a great company, can get his 2009 figures shipped to his new home?

Or do I have to wait on the front stoop of my old building, in hopes that I MIGHT get the package from the UPS guy (you know, if he decides to actually deliver it that day... which is another story).

Please... seriously... help.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

OK, .....so if I don't recieve a ship notice by today then I know I have a real problem and not an imaginary one. Fine. Today it is then.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorthing View Post
    OK, .....so if I don't recieve a ship notice by today then I know I have a real problem and not an imaginary one. Fine. Today it is then.
    I got my shipping confirmation. I should stop posting it in every thread though

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I do greatly appreciate this statement.

The sad thing is that I have emailed that matty cs email, and only been given the run-around about my moving and how they can't change the shipping address on the original subscription order, so that when it renews, it automatically reverts to the old address AND changes my default shipping address in my account (totally unrelated to that order) to the old address.

When I called DR, they were hardly helpful. They said that I would have to have them shipped to the old address. I asked, "Do you realize how ridiculous that is? Do you realize you are asking me to pay you for items I won't get?" They said they would ask the Accounting Department's permission, and if they approved it, the shipping address could be changed on the original order. If they didn't approve it, I would have to call every month and HOPE I got in touch with them so that there was enough time to changed the shipping address on the renewal order before it was shipped.

This month, it didn't work, even though I called 2 weeks before the 15th... and even though they changed the shipping address back to the new one after the auto-renewal changed it to the old address...

So, matty, please... tell me how someone, who has collected Mattel toys for over 2 decades, who has bought Mattel toys as gifts for countless children, who currently collects 4 of your toy-lines, and who has always found Mattel to be a great company, can get his 2009 figures shipped to his new home?

Or do I have to wait on the front stoop of my old building, in hopes that I MIGHT get the package from the UPS guy (you know, if he decides to actually deliver it that day... which is another story).

Please... seriously... help.
    I agree 100%.
    I have the same problem and that's a huge problem. Subscribers must keep the same address all the time the subs is active...It's ridiculous.

I hold the sword Fisto's Left Hand's Avatar
    Look, what I really want to say is that we want to make this right.
    We want to make it right. We could do this by giving free shipping, or some money off a purchase. Maybe even a little extra something like a poster to say sorry. We won't be doing any of that, but we sure would like too.
    Our goal is to make sure all MOTU collectors can get these new figures.
    -What the Fans Want to Know Round 3

Good trades: JohnnyTyler, tattoojunkie74

He totally lost me after he said they always tell the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Calderon View Post
    I agree 100%.
    I have the same problem and that's a huge problem. Subscribers must keep the same address all the time the subs is active...It's ridiculous.
    I too am having problems getting DR to update my Shipping AND Billing address. It's maddening and I've been going around and around with them for over a week now - it's still not fixed and they've mailed Teela out to my old address. UGH.