Toyguru has once again provided answers to your questions.
Thanks again to him for taking the time to answer these!
Check out his answers to your Round 25 questions!
This round of questions were selected by Kent Parker,
and proofed against old Q&As by Uncle Montork.
Thanks to them for their help!
1. Fneh: May we have more information on the upcoming accessory pack? eg: release date, cost, etc. Also, we know that the first accessory pack will not have any new sculpted parts. But if it is successful would you consider adding new sculpted accessories in a second pack?
At this time, the accessory packs are designed as a non tool’d item. We do not yet have release dates or details on what will be included. Right now we are putting all of our tooling into the new figures. If the pack does well, we may look at allocating some tooling for future packs.
2. sailoruranus: You have stated that you wanted to pay homage to the 200X storyline with a new DVD or comic release. With the movie probably being years away, are you working on developing any other media to whet our appetites?
Not at this time.
3. grenadaspice: When you get to She-Ra, do you plan on including an updated version of the original POP gold Sword of Protection?
Not with She-Ra, but this would be a great suggestion for an accessory pack!
4. RocketPunch: Why does Webstor's Fast Pack not work like the classic figure when we were originally told that it would?
We have been very clear that no figures in MOTUC will have “action features.” Webstor’s pack “works like you remember” just as Mek-a-neck’s neck will work “as you remember.” When we get to Mek, we will include an alternate head with a stretched neck, but not a twist waist that raises the head. This is a good example of fans jumping to their own conclusions and being disappointed when those conclusions are not met.
5. Uncle Montork: We are unclear as to whether the figure stands will be 3 in a package or 5 in a package. You said at the SDCC panel there would be 3, but the sign in the booth said 5. Which can we expect?
The Grayskull stands will be 5 stands in the pack. It will be $15.00.
6. Slasher X: Why is it that my subscription figures are not taxed, while my individual figure orders from Matty Collector are taxed? Also why is tax sometimes charged on shipping charges and other times only on the purchase price? (Note: I live in FL and am not international)
Taxes are not something MattyCollector controls. We charged only the taxes we are required to.
7. King Tycho: You have said that you have a plan in regards to the bios that come with the characters. Are you working from a singular document, a MOTUC bible of sorts, that ties all of the classics storyline and mythology together? And if so is there any chance of releasing this document at some point in the future?
We do have an overall storyline mapped out, but it is in bullet point form and isn’t really releasable or entertaining. It is possible down the road we may release this in a story format, but in all honesty the bios are meant to tell the story slowly one figure at a time. By SDCC 2010, fans should have a good idea of the breadth of the storyline for Classics!
8. Patreek: Many fans agree that $15.00 USD for figure stands is extremely expensive and don't plan on buying them because of this. Is there anyway for this price point to change?
No, the price is set based on the cost to produce this item.
9. Jay Bell: Has a decision been made regarding the use of fabric materials on MOTUC figures? We will see capes or clothing (such as Prince Adam's vest) made of cloth? Or will such things always be plastic?
Much like Scareglow, all the figures will have plastic for a universal feel across the line. A fabric cape would be a great way to refresh the characters down the line. But the initial release will not be fabric.
10. Vorgon: In the mini-comics and Filmation cartoon, Kobra Kahn was an Evil Warrior. But in 200X he was allied with the Snakemen. When we get to Kobra Kahn in MOTUC, will he be an Evil Warrior or a Snakemen?