Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Answers to WTFWTK 2.25!

Answers to WTFWTK 2.25!

Toyguru has once again provided answers to your questions.
    Thanks again to him for taking the time to answer these!
    Check out his answers to your Round 25 questions!

This round of questions were selected by Kent Parker,
    and proofed against old Q&As by Uncle Montork.
    Thanks to them for their help!

-------------------

1. Fneh: May we have more information on the upcoming accessory pack? eg: release date, cost, etc. Also, we know that the first accessory pack will not have any new sculpted parts. But if it is successful would you consider adding new sculpted accessories in a second pack?

At this time, the accessory packs are designed as a non tool’d item. We do not yet have release dates or details on what will be included. Right now we are putting all of our tooling into the new figures. If the pack does well, we may look at allocating some tooling for future packs.

2. sailoruranus: You have stated that you wanted to pay homage to the 200X storyline with a new DVD or comic release. With the movie probably being years away, are you working on developing any other media to whet our appetites?

Not at this time.

3. grenadaspice: When you get to She-Ra, do you plan on including an updated version of the original POP gold Sword of Protection?

Not with She-Ra, but this would be a great suggestion for an accessory pack!

4. RocketPunch: Why does Webstor's Fast Pack not work like the classic figure when we were originally told that it would?

We have been very clear that no figures in MOTUC will have “action features.” Webstor’s pack “works like you remember” just as Mek-a-neck’s neck will work “as you remember.” When we get to Mek, we will include an alternate head with a stretched neck, but not a twist waist that raises the head. This is a good example of fans jumping to their own conclusions and being disappointed when those conclusions are not met.

5. Uncle Montork: We are unclear as to whether the figure stands will be 3 in a package or 5 in a package. You said at the SDCC panel there would be 3, but the sign in the booth said 5. Which can we expect?

The Grayskull stands will be 5 stands in the pack. It will be $15.00.

6. Slasher X: Why is it that my subscription figures are not taxed, while my individual figure orders from Matty Collector are taxed? Also why is tax sometimes charged on shipping charges and other times only on the purchase price? (Note: I live in FL and am not international)

Taxes are not something MattyCollector controls. We charged only the taxes we are required to.

7. King Tycho: You have said that you have a plan in regards to the bios that come with the characters. Are you working from a singular document, a MOTUC bible of sorts, that ties all of the classics storyline and mythology together? And if so is there any chance of releasing this document at some point in the future?

We do have an overall storyline mapped out, but it is in bullet point form and isn’t really releasable or entertaining. It is possible down the road we may release this in a story format, but in all honesty the bios are meant to tell the story slowly one figure at a time. By SDCC 2010, fans should have a good idea of the breadth of the storyline for Classics!

8. Patreek: Many fans agree that $15.00 USD for figure stands is extremely expensive and don't plan on buying them because of this. Is there anyway for this price point to change?

No, the price is set based on the cost to produce this item.

9. Jay Bell: Has a decision been made regarding the use of fabric materials on MOTUC figures? We will see capes or clothing (such as Prince Adam's vest) made of cloth? Or will such things always be plastic?

Much like Scareglow, all the figures will have plastic for a universal feel across the line. A fabric cape would be a great way to refresh the characters down the line. But the initial release will not be fabric.

10. Vorgon: In the mini-comics and Filmation cartoon, Kobra Kahn was an Evil Warrior. But in 200X he was allied with the Snakemen. When we get to Kobra Kahn in MOTUC, will he be an Evil Warrior or a Snakemen?

You’ll just have to wait and see!

--------------------

Click here to ask questions in Round 27!
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 1.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 2.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 3.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 4.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 5.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 6.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 7.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 8.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 9.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 10.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 11.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 12.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 13.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 14.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 15.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 16.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 17.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 18.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 19.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 20.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 21.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 22.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 23.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 24.
    And, have fun discussing Toy Guru's answers to your Round 25 questions!

I'd guess Orko gets released in the first half of 2010 since his bio will help with some of the questions.

Personal Service Provider Agostinho's Avatar
    I love the idea of cloth/soft goods being releases as refreshers! Go with that Matty!!

Bang your head!!!
    10. Vorgon: In the mini-comics and Filmation cartoon, Kobra Kahn was an Evil Warrior. But in 200X he was allied with the Snakemen. When we get to Kobra Kahn in MOTUC, will he be an Evil Warrior or a Snakemen?

He's going to be a Heroic Warrior!...

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    3. grenadaspice: When you get to She-Ra, do you plan on including an updated version of the original POP gold Sword of Protection?

Not to sound ungrateful, but why is it that Mattel goes to great lengths to please fans on male characters like Mer-Man, including a special cardback head and accessories that never came with the original, but She-Ra has to wait for an accessory pack to get her sword???! What happened to possibly turning the comb into a sword? Most POP characters obviously aren't getting a second head, so what extras are we POP fans getting?

Please don't cheap out on the females like this.
    Last edited by Tallstar; October 18, 2009 at 12:29pm.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

I think Mattel underestimates what fan interest in a "bullet point" story line might be. It sounds like it's probably nothing more then a timeline, and this would be a great item to release as part of the subscription membership.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I'd guess Orko gets released in the first half of 2010 since his bio will help with some of the questions.
    The back of the Eternia map will have a bunch of new story stuff.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    "as you remember"...... really, fans jumped to their own conclusion?

REALLY?

Cause as I remember, it friggin worked.

The "FIGURES" will not have action features... a backpack isnt a figure, its a acessory. So HA!

FLAWLESS VICTORY!
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

I don't like they way he put the blame on the fans for the Webstor backpack misunderstanding.

Toyguru, could you please try using a different phrase next time instead of "Just like you remember", because it only adds to the confusion when you say one thing but mean another. You said it would work like the original. It doesn't. Period.

Ouch on the Webstor question. Not crazy about Mekanek not being able to have a rising neck, but I'm sure he'll look cool.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Heroic ursine warrior sailoruranus's Avatar
    Wow, that answer regarding Webstor was a little harsh. Like Rocketpunch said, we were told "it works just like you remember." There's not really more than one way to interpret that. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    "as you remember"...... really, fans jumped to their own conclusion?

REALLY?

Cause as I remember, it friggin worked.

The "FIGURES" will not have action features... a backpack isnt a figure, its a acessory. So HA!

FLAWLESS VICTORY!

So true!
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

English is not my first language so I might be making a lot of confusion here but I thought that "it works just like you remember." meant in the first place the first part of the phrase "it works" should mean that it SOMEHOW works, i.e. it does "something" and secondly "just like you remember" means that there is a similar item (perhaps the old Webstor?) that we should remember and that this new Webstor works exactly in the same way.

I suppose I am just a stupid Italian speaking fan who makes a lot of confusion...
    JOIN THE GREAT REBELLION - COLLECTOR'S CLUB TODAY!
    http://www.facebook.com/TGRClub

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    4. RocketPunch: Why does Webstor's Fast Pack not work like the classic figure when we were originally told that it would?

We have been very clear that no figures in MOTUC will have “action features.” Webstor’s pack “works like you remember” just as Mek-a-neck’s neck will work “as you remember.” When we get to Mek, we will include an alternate head with a stretched neck, but not a twist waist that raises the head. This is a good example of fans jumping to their own conclusions and being disappointed when those conclusions are not met.

Obviously Toyguru somehow remembered wrong how Webstors backpack worked in the 80s when he made that previous statement. There is no possible way anyone who remembered how it worked could say that this new one worked like the old one did. A string through a hole is not how I, nor most others remember it.

It isn't fair to blame us for something he said. When you tell someone something is one way, that should lead to ZERO interpretation. Why should it have to? This isn't a bunch of fanboys making things up just to bash Mattel here.

It also isn't fair to once again shift the blame from himself for his comments on to us. This seems to be a reoccurring theme here. It's getting downright insulting. Mistakes happen. We're adults. Most of us can admit when we are wrong and admit it. Why can't apologies be said when they are needed instead of blaming us fans?

Very happy to hear that the stands are 15 buck for 5 as apposed to 3!!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

I'm thinking we will get Khan sooner than later, and there is no way I will pay $15 for stands. Hope to get a few as a sub. bonus... we as sub holders should also get the accessory pack for free, just sayin!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

regarging webstor:

fans didn't jump to their own conclusions. We just understood what was said accurately.

It's hardly a secret that TG's english leaves a lot to be desired. The fans didn't mess up at all - the spokesman for the company just isn't capable of phrasing something correctly.

He should've said the action feature will be REPRESENTED as we remember. That would suggest it will be visual only (as is the case). Saying it's going to WORK "just like you remember" is implying it'll do exactly that.

Insulting the fans intelligence when it was TG that didn't phrase something accurately is really taking the ambrosia.

A lot of the ppl here are guaranteeing $20 a month for the next year (or more). I think it's disgusting that we're being spoken to like children.
    Has TG never heard the phrase "bite the hand that feeds"??
    Fneh's MOTUC wishlist:
    Spikor, MYP Marzo, Snake Armour He-Man, Stinkor
    Fneh's MOTUC needed list:
    King Grayskull, Beastman, Stratos head

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    [QUOTE=JVS3;2232288]Toyguru

1. Fneh: May we have more information on the upcoming accessory pack? eg: release date, cost, etc. Also, we know that the first accessory pack will not have any new sculpted parts. But if it is successful would you consider adding new sculpted accessories in a second pack?

I like that idea! I assume She-Ra's sword will look like the Sword of Power but have the jewel in it. Getting a gold sword like her 80's figure is pretty neat.

5. Uncle Montork: We are unclear as to whether the figure stands will be 3 in a package or 5 in a package. You said at the SDCC panel there would be 3, but the sign in the booth said 5. Which can we expect?

The Grayskull stands will be 5 stands in the pack. It will be $15.00.

Excellent! 5 for $15 is a great price and even though I'm a MOC collector, I'll still grab a pack at that price.

7. King Tycho: You have said that you have a plan in regards to the bios that come with the characters. Are you working from a singular document, a MOTUC bible of sorts, that ties all of the classics storyline and mythology together? And if so is there any chance of releasing this document at some point in the future?

We do have an overall storyline mapped out, but it is in bullet point form and isn’t really releasable or entertaining. It is possible down the road we may release this in a story format, but in all honesty the bios are meant to tell the story slowly one figure at a time. By SDCC 2010, fans should have a good idea of the breadth of the storyline for Classics!

Man does this wet my appetite! I can't wait for it! I do also remember hearing the back of the Eternia map will have some new info. Not sure if it's story or figure related but good stuff!!

9. Jay Bell: Has a decision been made regarding the use of fabric materials on MOTUC figures? We will see capes or clothing (such as Prince Adam's vest) made of cloth? Or will such things always be plastic?

Much like Scareglow, all the figures will have plastic for a universal feel across the line. A fabric cape would be a great way to refresh the characters down the line. But the initial release will not be fabric.

That kind of sucks but I agree. You want a uniform look to everyone. Although a plastic vest...??? Should be interesting to see.

I have a feeling they're going to stick with the original Evil Warrior. Maybe as a bonus figure do the 200x release like Zodak and give him the Snakemen sticker on it.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    The back of the Eternia map will have a bunch of new story stuff.
    i am most excited about that.

the map is going to be HUGE even IF it is coming to us folded

i'll just have to scan it in and reprint it so i don't have those aweful creases.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

At least we finally got clarification on the Battle Stands.

I was really hoping that we would not have to pay $15.00 for three stands!!
    Kuduk Ungol for MOTUC. All steeds for MOTUC. Fully-articulated Cringer for MOTUC. Point Dread and Talon Fighter for MOTUC.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    I don't like they way he put the blame on the fans for the Webstor backpack misunderstanding.

Toyguru, could you please try using a different phrase next time instead of "Just like you remember", because it only adds to the confusion when you say one thing but mean another. You said it would work like the original. It doesn't. Period.
    I love MOTUC. Love them. Love them. But this is becoming like a wife who won't give you any loving: you love her and stay with her even though she's making the relationship more difficult. We "jumped to conclusions" based on what he said? Just like we did over the Panthor flocking issue when almost everyone who was there and saw the videos know what the outcome was?
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Yeah, that answer to the Webstor question was rather harsh. Webstor does not "work like we remember" since most fans remember him climbing up his string. Mekanek will not "work like we remember" because I 'remember' him turning a the waist and his neck extending... not having swapable heads (just to note, I'm completely fine with MOTUC Mek having the swapabble heads to represent his extending neck, but the FACT is that it does NOT work like "we remember").

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

I also remember that TG once said that those figures that were defined by their action feature will still have them like Rokkon, Stonedar and Extendar. It's very sad that Meka...neck will not have an extendible neck. I'm fine with the fact that he doesn't have the twist waist-extend neck mechanism BUT at least a manually extending neck was really needed.

I feel that for $20 a figure we are getting very little value for our money. This line is becoming really cheap imo.
    JOIN THE GREAT REBELLION - COLLECTOR'S CLUB TODAY!
    http://www.facebook.com/TGRClub

Quote Originally Posted by Fneh View Post
    It's hardly a secret that TG's english leaves a lot to be desired. The fans didn't mess up at all - the spokesman for the company just isn't capable of phrasing something correctly.

He should've said the action feature will be REPRESENTED as we remember. That would suggest it will be visual only (as is the case). Saying it's going to WORK "just like you remember" is implying it'll do exactly that.
    It's not just Toyguru; the Mattel ad for Webstor that was printed in Toyfare said the same thing. They'd better not make the same claim on future ads, because taking away an action feature and then saying it's still there is just cruel.

1. MEKANECK: I'm fine with the head swapping! Maybe they will have neck parts that can connect to create a really long neck-- something that the other versions of him were never able to do! I'm sure Mekey was always really frustrated that his one cool feature and the reason for a decapitation surgery was so that he could see approximately 2 feet higher than his own height.

3. SHE-RA: I'm not sure how to take the answer. I assumed that the sword central to her story is the same one that is being packed in with ADORA. If the original She-Ra doll had some other sword, well... is it crucial to anybody? SHE-RA is going to be a huge release! I'm sure they are going to make us tearful-eyed happy when we see her for the first time!

4. WEBSTOR: Honestly, I thought he looked cool until I got him open and tried desperately to put his backpack on. The grappling hook sucks, no two ways around it. I'm really surprised that Mattel, with the funds provided for this line (and seeing how Webstor was a cheaper figure to produce) could not see a way to make the backpack "work". WEBSTOR has been the most disappointing one in the line, even more than Zodac with a C.

5. STORYLINE IN BIOS: Excited to see how it develops! "By SDCC '10" COULD mean that those winter and spring bios will yield some really FRESH FRUIT! Who knows?
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!