View Poll Results: Are you happy with your 2009/2010 subscriptions?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Have both subs. I'm happy with 2009 subs and still want 2010

22 35.48%
  • Have both subs. I'm happy with 2009 subs but would like to cancel 2010

1 1.61%
  • Have both subs. I'm NOT happy with 2009 subs but still want 2010

12 19.35%
  • Have both subs. I'm NOT happy with 2009 subs and would like to cancel 2010

7 11.29%
  • Have 2009 sub. I'm happy with 2009 subs and sad not joined 2010

1 1.61%
  • Have 2009 sub. I'm happy with 2009 subs but glad not joined 2010

3 4.84%
  • Have 2009 sub. I'm NOT happy with 2009 subs but sad not joined 2010

0 0%
  • Have 2009 sub. I'm NOT happy with 2009 subs and glad not joined 2010

7 11.29%
  • Have 2010 subs. Still want it

8 12.90%
  • Have 2010 subs. Would like to cancel it

1 1.61%

Thread: Are you happy with your 2009/2010 subscriptions?

Are you happy with your 2009/2010 subscriptions?

Well, after the recent experiences with 2009 subscription...

Are you happy with it and if you got also a 2010 subs are you still happy of having it?

These are the options:

1 Have both subs. I'm happy with 2009 subs and still want 2010
    2 Have both subs. I'm happy with 2009 subs but would like to cancel 2010
    3 Have both subs. I'm NOT happy with 2009 subs but still want 2010
    4 Have both subs. I'm NOT happy with 2009 subs and would like to cancel 2010
    5 Have 2009 sub. I'm happy with 2009 subs and sad not joined 2010
    6 Have 2009 sub. I'm happy with 2009 subs but glad not joined 2010
    7 Have 2009 sub. I'm NOT happy with 2009 subs but sad not joined 2010
    8 Have 2009 sub. I'm NOT happy with 2009 subs and glad not joined 2010
    9 Have 2010 subs. Still want it
    10 Have 2010 subs. Would like to cancel it
    Last edited by Calderon; October 19, 2009 at 07:00am.

Right now my thoughts are "Have both subs. I'm NOT happy with 2009 subs but still want 2010".

Explanation: Reason, I'm not happy with my 2009 sub is the return of tax wrongfully collected from EU-customers. I'm still hoping that Mattel/DR would correct any problems (current and future) with subscriptions and that 2010 subs go smoothly.

Missing subscription Teela shipping confirmation does not bother me, since it's only been two days + weekend after release (Webstor took 3 days).

- Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    I think is too early for me to comment. Webstor went smooth last month but this month is different.

I voted Have both subs. I'm happy with 2009 subs and still want 2010. It isn't perfect but that doesn't mean I am not happy with it. My figures will get here eventually.

I am contracted to purchase figures each month from Matty and Matty is contracted to suply me figures each month

Quote Originally Posted by hhhelmsley View Post
    I think is too early for me to comment. Webstor went smooth last month but this month is different.
    I know it is a little early but I will keep the poll till December just to check how is people reacting to 2009 subs and their feelings about 2010 subs. Don't worry, you can take time to decide...

I have BOTH SUBS and I'm totally happy. I can be patient about getting the figures. I know I will end up getting them sooner then I think so its cool with me. I'm GLAD I bought BOTH subs so that I don't have to worry about getting up unless the bonus figure I really really want.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

I'm happy all around, having both. I have faith in Mattel. They've given me no reason not to be happy.

Well... this could be a very interesting poll at the end of the year.
    I will vote then in January.

Quote Originally Posted by hhhelmsley View Post
    Same here.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Yeah, I'll wait until after this whole subscription is complete before I comment. It's a good thing the poll will be open until then.

Many italian members that have both subscriptions are thinking to cancel the 2010 sub.
    The gleam of the Power Sword lights your way as you enter the fantastic world of Eternia...

I WAS happy but now I am starting to change my mind on the Sub. I mean why are the sub folks having sooooooo much trouble. The Non Subs shouldn't have gotten their figures BEFORE us. I mean thats why I THOUGHT we signed up for the subs was to beat that stuff but I guess not.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

All these issues and troubles make me feel that there is a lot of improvisation by Matty. Maybe Matty is facing all this subscription process with not enough background and is still learning how to provide the service. If they also add a cheap and really unprofessional service by DR, they will obtain a lot of problems with customers. Each month they try to improve a poor service and I'm sure most of us appreciate that, but customers are paying for a good service from the very beginning and if you cannot or are not able to provide it yet, just wait till you can.
    Toyguru said that all these issues are just details. I am a huge fan of MOTU and love to have a lot of new figures but I am also a serious customer and having a good service is a very important "detail" to me.

Heroic Warrior
    I have the remainder of this year's sub, and next year's.

So far, so good.

Webstor came in fine, and Teela should arrive soon. Not to mention Scare Glow next month.

Can't wait for Wun-Dar.

Darth Bong

I am happy with the 2009 sub, but I just wanted to change my address, and they can not do that. I can't understand why someone can't go into the order and change a street address. The lady I spoke to kept talking in circles. She was telling me that she can cancel the subscription, and I can just order another one with the correct address. I kept telling her that I can't cancel and reorder because it was sold out, but she kept giving me that option about 4 times. I was getting so frustrated with her, so I asked to talk to someone else that could help me. She put me on hold for a bit, then came back and told me they were on another call. Now I have to wait for an email, or a call back. GRR!!

I think it's way too early in the game to say if I'm happy with the subscription yet. As long as we don't have a repeat on the Teela incident (or worse), I think I'll be good.
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

Even with all the drama surrounding the subscription Teelas, I have to say I am happy with my 2009 subscription and still want 2010.

While I thought the subscriptions would alleviate me having to be in front of a computer at 12 pm EST every 15th or so of the month, I find it kind of annoying that I have to come online and order bonus figures.

But hey, can I really complain about there being too much MOTU product that I want? I don't think so.

I posted "have 2010 and would like to cancel it"

I am going to buy every figure that comes out...bonus and all. I bought the 2010 sub because of Wun-Dar, but now I regret it because in the end it will probably cheaper for me to buy Wun-Dar off ebay (depending on what his price levels off at) and not have to pay double shipping for bonus figs and the select re-releases I will buy.

If the subscription is not getting me all the figures, it isn't delivering what it promised and if it doesn't include an OPT IN for the 2011 bonus figs...I won't be foolish enough to sign up for it again.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Heroic Warrior
    I think there is a very important option that is missing from this poll.

"Have both subs and wish the bonus figures could be added to my subs."

The purpose of the subscription was to guarantee the figures. With bonus figures being added to the line, that guarantee disappears.

The solution seems simple. Just give subscribers the option to add bonus figures to their subscriptions.

I was happy for my subscriptions and for the object extra such as Wun-dar!

missed 2010 sub and would have saved alot of grief if i had not missed it. will not make that mistake again.