Thread: Who was the man at mattel whom CANCELLED the POWERS of GRAYSKULL line?? grrrr...

Who was the man at mattel whom CANCELLED the POWERS of GRAYSKULL line?? grrrr...

i want to write a a lonnnng letter and grill him with serious questions as to why was this done?

imo... this was gonna be the coolest spin-off for motu. why not release he-ro and eldor and the last 2 parts of the comic? why? why? why? he-ro was gonna be such a bad ass figure.. with that amazing looking staff and those gold colors to his torso and boots

so motu was at the end of its line, but just two more figures wouldn't have killed mattel at the bank. they released the giants in europe. i would have been pleased if comics had been placed in them too. the last two parts.

why am i mad about this now you ask?

because. i love pog till the end of time and was looking at some pog stuff.

RANT over
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

According to Roger Sweet, it wasn't a man, it was a woman.
    1 of 200 active He-Man.org members.

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Stalker View Post
    According to Roger Sweet, it wasn't a man, it was a woman.
    That explains all...
    She decided to keep money for barbie.....
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> CA Heroic warriors He-man/Teela/Ramman 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> CA Evil Warriors Skeletor/Faker/Beastman 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> US Evil horde Hordak/Leech/Mantenna 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post
    That explains all...
    She decided to keep money for barbie.....
    Pretty much. Eternia was a flop, but the Barbie Play Mansion was a hit. They were both designed (if you believe him) by Roger Sweet and cost the same thing at retail but the Barbie set outsold Eternia 2:1 which helped kill the proposed POG line. I can't remember the woman's name. I think it was Jill Barad.

Throw her in the Slime Pit!!!

Shhhh... It's a Secret... Midwinter's Avatar
    You are just angry we still haven't seen the He-Ro cardback. When you posted in that thread again earlier this month it brought back all the pain that we have been waiting for 4 years. It hurts too much.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    i want to write a a lonnnng letter and grill him with serious questions as to why was this done?

imo... this was gonna be the coolest spin-off for motu. why not release he-ro and eldor and the last 2 parts of the comic? why? why? why? he-ro was gonna be such a bad ass figure.. with that amazing looking staff and those gold colors to his torso and boots

so motu was at the end of its line, but just two more figures wouldn't have killed mattel at the bank. they released the giants in europe. i would have been pleased if comics had been placed in them too. the last two parts.

why am i mad about this now you ask?

because. i love pog till the end of time and was looking at some pog stuff.

RANT over
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

well.. YEA.. that part of it

We did get most of the figures other than the two heroes and the really big dinosaur.

Quote Originally Posted by Torak View Post
    We did get most of the figures other than the two heroes and the really big dinosaur.
    well i know that already

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    If it makes you feel any better she is probably dead by now.

She very nearly ran Mattel into the ground in the early 90's but somehow she's stayed rich. Here's a weird bio of her I ran across: http://realestalker.blogspot.com/201...-re-lists.html

She got a $50 million dollar severance package when she left Mattel!

Shhhh... It's a Secret... Midwinter's Avatar
    It was Jill Barad that became executive vice president of toy design in the fall of 1986 and brought over Barbie designers to the MOTU line.
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    Mark Taylor was in Barbie packing when Sweet used his art to pitch the line in 1981, so that feels like a full circle to me.

It's frustrating to be sure Carlo, but that's why I enjoy playing connect the continuity dots :-D That way I can IMAGINE what it would have been like.

Ask a hypothetical, and see where you mind goes? Could Sharella's tribe ever come into contact with Zillora's Snake Clan...What would have happened? Did that happen before or After King Hiss's Snakemen invaded Eternia? Before or after Keldor arrived in the ancient past? Before or After the construction of Centrail Tower? Before or after granamyr withdrew from the humans of Eternia? Looking at the level of technology from story to story, and what each story implies about the Ancient Advanced tech leads to fun ideas...Especially when you consider what Eldor's cardback says about "changing" things you don't like "for nothing stays the same on Preternia"...Eldor's new card back...SCREW THAT, I can't wait to read Gwildor's PoG card back...

Re-reading that 1982 series bible and style guides is the Next best thing to reading mini comics and watching the cartoons

Besides, don't you have that AWESOME custom He-Ro Carlo?

Quote Originally Posted by Torak View Post
    I don't think that is completely accurate. Your statement while technically true, I think it lacks the full context of what was probably intended for 1987 & 1988. Imagine a universe where He-Man & Skeletor never came out and Battle Cat and Beastman where released over seas without the MOTU logo...That is the world PoG1987 fans live in :-( It's a bit soul crushing really. It was intended to be whole new franchise like POP! Lets not forget that. PoG1987 is more then Tytus, Megator, Bionotops, Turbodactyle, Tyrannosaurus, and the unproduced, nearly completed (seemingly tooled even) Eldor & (probably) He-Ro and and (at least roughly plotted) Pt. 2 & 3 of the mini comic.

I'm asking that you consider the references made, yet unseen characters we never got...

Gray(Skull)
    His "rangers"
    Sharella, The tribal chieftess who raised Gray(Skull)
    VINTAGE lost in time Keldor (presumably not blue skin)
    The Dino reptilian Kingdom. (Presumably, MORE then just King Hiss's empire...)
    The Unnamed One whom King Hiss served, a "Palpatine like", "cosmic energy" that has something to do with Keldor/Skeletor's secret origin
    Hordak's ties to Eternia's Ancient past...
    Eternia's Council of Ancient Wizards (The Elders...)
    The construction of Central Tower of Eternia and all three's sinking.
    The Transformation of Hall of Wisdom into Castle Grayskull.
    Gwildor and his Cosmic Key even...

With any Luck, Zodac's definitive origin...
    "the coming of The Sorceress" and
    Songster tells a pretty compelling tale IMO. (3:30 mark...) But in a true to form way, it's not finished...
    I'd bet Laser Power He-Man and Laser Light Skeletor play into all This somehow...Might Starburst She-Ra too?

It's not like are are just missing a couple peaces to a whole puzzle, it's more like we only have a couple peace of missing puzzle! The Boxtop being a whole franchise/spin off! All because, why? Some new CEO didn't realize the market was flooded with five year old toys being marketing at 13 years old who already grew out of the toys they had for five years, due to the under performance of a SINGLE PLAY SET that had horrible distribution thus throwing us 80's born babies out with the MOTU bathwater!

Quote Originally Posted by Night Stalker View Post
    She very nearly ran Mattel into the ground in the early 90's but somehow she's stayed rich
    She's probably a Psychopaths
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffberc...ke-great-ceos/
    Last edited by LORD FALLEN ELDOR; September 10, 2014 at 08:44am.
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).