Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: original art from unpublished he-man origin comic!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbot View Post
    The last post from him about this is from January 30, 2011... as you can see for yourself...
    Yeah, ok, last time I checked the thread was before that.
    My Feedback

The fortress of mystery and power!

Widget
    I just found this thread. Was this ever resolved?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris1973 View Post
    I just found this thread. Was this ever resolved?
    Unfortunately, nope.

I've been following this story for two and a half years now. I've long since stopped caring what the final outcome was.
    1 of 200 active He-Man.org members.

Quote Originally Posted by Night Stalker View Post
    I've been following this story for two and a half years now. I've long since stopped caring what the final outcome was.
    Well, you know that old saying "good things come to he who waits"? Sometimes it is very true..

Like for instance let's say you hypothetically found the first hour of a really cool but incomplete old film that had no credits. And lets say, hypothetically, that you were somehow able to find the long-lost maker of this film. Then let's say that for some reason the maker was willing to try and come back to finish, but that it would take time for them to do so.

Now wouldn't it be worth being patient and letting things happen in such a case? Hypothetically speaking.

Sallah
    Last edited by Sallah; February 27, 2012 at 05:29pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Sallah View Post
    Like for instance let's say you hypothetically found the first hour of a really cool but incomplete old film that had no credits. And lets say, hypothetically, that you were somehow able to find the long-lost maker of this film. Then let's say that for some reason the maker was willing to try and come back to finish, but that it would take time for them to do so.

Now wouldn't it be worth being patient and letting things happen in such a case? Hypothetically speaking.

Sallah
    Hypothetically, I'd say that'd be worth the wait. Hypothetically.

Well, you know that old saying "good things come to he who waits"? Sometimes it is very true..

Sallah

I know, I know.

It just seems like as MOTU fans we're always being set up for a grand spectacle that never occurs. New movies and tv series. New video game that never comes out in the US. Any of the dozens of mini mysteries (this comic, Savage Wundar, etc) and finally you wake up one day and go "meh."

I'm somewhat jaded in that I spent a while researching my A&P theory for the Savage He-Man figure before hitting a brick wall.

Member of the Royal Family JimmyPSHayes's Avatar

Sallah
    Dude, are you saying that you found a lost hour of the Masters of the Universe film?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
    I love it when a plan comes together.

Sallah
    And let's say that hypothetically this film is the same story of a mysterious unfinished comic with a cool history?Yeah it will worth the wait!!!
    My Feedback

The fortress of mystery and power!

Sallah
    Hypothetically speaking, how old is it and does it have something to do with the aborted live action TV show or anything official?
    And is it live action or animated?
    If it's animated, maybe I could help by sound editing it.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyPSHayes View Post
    Dude, are you saying that you found a lost hour of the Masters of the Universe film?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
    Ha! I wish! That would blow my mind!

No... no lost films or anything. I was just speaking of a hypothetical situation. If folks happen to see the similarities in that hypothetical situation to the situation we have with this comic... Well, I won't stop you.

Sallah

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyPSHayes View Post
    Yes. That is exactly what he's saying. SPOILER: It's an hour of nothing but Skeletor trying to climb back out of the pit.

No... no lost films or anything. I was just speaking of a hypothetical situation. If folks happen to see the similarities in that hypothetical situation to the situation we have with this comic... Well, I won't stop you.

Sallah
    Ah, so in other words you got the entire script and someone to finish drawing the comic book.
    BTW, do you have a confirmation that this was written before Mattel went to DC comics?

Widget

Sallah
    This is quite intriguing. I'll have to watch this thread to see if something of this nature actually does occur!

This is my 1st time seeing this today... what an AMAZING piece of MOTU history!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 8.31.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Heroic Warrior
    Interesting bit of history there.

I really hope the currently-ongoing project does come to a head sooner than later. The vagueness with which it's still referenced after so long is a bit concerning, to be honest.

Hey guys! I did an artistic tribute to this unpublished Whitman Origin comic in the form of character art cards, feel fee to check them out on the fan-art board & give me your thoughts! ...Skeletor, He-Man, Teela, Man-At-Arms & Anom!

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...40#post3087040

MOTUC RECORD

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Heroic Warrior
    Still nothing on this?
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

This is... fantastic!! Amazing. All of it. Does anybody can post the page 19? link to this one is damaged or something.

And, i'm one of the group that waits for news about this. Thanks.

I am curious what happened to this project as well.

Outside of the development on this I thought I would mention I plan on doing some fan art (plug plug) of Moon Spinner, Shalda, Tez, & the Shepard for my "MOTU Origin Art Card" series in the coming months, as I love this story & it inspired the Art Card "Origin" series in the 1st place.

Part 2 (features the Demons from this unpublished Origin)
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...GINS-Art-Cards!!
    and Part 3 (non-Whitman related) is also up.
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...GINS-Art-Cards!!

MOTUC RECORD

Wish this was complete! Even in the state it was in (i.e. black n white, missing pages etc...) i was left wanting to see much more!
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Heroic Warrior
    I would have loved to have seen a finished version of this! However, knowing that the original artist, Adrian Gonzales, is no longer with us, it just wouldn't be the same.

Now it's been 3 & 1/2 years...

Heroic Warrior
    Now it's been 3 & 1/2 years...
    Yeah...whatever this was, it wasn't worth *that* kind of wait. Guess it fell through or something. Maybe someone with better follow-through will eventually pick up the trail.
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

Heroic Warrior Mystical Musician's Avatar
    Sallah,

So give us an update!

Sallah