Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How many people here are completist in the MOTUC line? Non-completists?

How many people here are completist in the MOTUC line? Non-completists?

Well I was reading a few threads here and it says that some figures dont appeal to certain collectors. And some people aren't buying this figure cuz hes 200X. Im just curious because this info may help to see how fast certain figures will sell out quickly. The Green Goddess not everyone may buy cause there not into the mini comics. I dont know why anyone wouldn't want her. But thats to each there own. Then BA He-man some may be happy with only the othe rHe-man.

So I am a completist.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

(Raises Hand)

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I may end up a completist. So far, I've ended up buying at least 1 of every figures so, so far so good. I might have passed on Adora since I'm not that big of a She-ra fan, but I'm going to end up with her since I have a sub, which I don't mind.

So far, I'm not going to pass up on any of the bonus figures I've seen so far.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

I guess I am too.

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    100%. I want them all!

Heroic Warrior Captain Greyskull's Avatar
    This is an interesting question. I have never thought of myself as a completist. However I have not seen anything from MOTUC that I have not wanted. I did not like the super posed anime hunchback figures of the 200x line. But I love EVERYTHING Matty has shown us thus far.

MOTU to me is just so cool. I love everything about it. I get joy from this line everyday because it is so awesome to be having new Masters stuff coming out all the time. I guess I am more of an addict than completist because I need my monthly Masters high of the new figure coming in.

Me I have one of every figure so far. Though in february I might have to pick up a second Trap Jaw so I can display one as Kronis.
    Mattel I demand the following:

Spinwit,Spinnerella, The Scientists, Rio Blast, Mara, Crita, Kayo, Mermista,

My Facebook, check it out!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I am, although the Meteorbs, Energy Zoids and maybe vehicles that I don't want would reach my limits. I guess I'd get them and put them away before somehow my opinion changes and I have to pay a fortune on eBay to a character that I would have passed on.

But I am getting ALL of the eras.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

I will only buy and keep Masters of the Universe figures.

Any She-ra and New adventures will be immediately resold on ebay. I do not like them at all..bleah

Probably me. I don't plan on buying all of the re-releases - just He-Man so far, but otherwise I want every unique character.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Heroic Warrior
    In terms of figures, I most likely will be a completist... I have the sub for this year and next, and so far really like all of the bonus figures we have seen, as well as Battle Cat (I do NOT consider him a bonus figure, even though it's klind of how Mattel has been referring to him).

I also picked up 2 MAA to have one as MAA and the other as a generic guard; I put the non-mustached head on the guard, and took all his armor except chest armor off... put the extra leg and wrist armor on my "real" MAA with the mustached head. So... I'll probably pick up an extra Trap-Jaw to have Kronis, who I'll probably place on my "history" shelf with Greyskull, He-Ro, Zodac, Zodak, and Hordak (based on their bios putting them as historical figures, and Zodac not fitting in on the side of good or evil in "modern" times, really).

However, I will most likely NOT be picking up any of the straight reissues; needs to be a different sculpt or "variant" (like the upcoming BA He-Man) to get my $$.
    Last edited by mjharwood; October 28, 2009 at 11:17am. Reason: added reissue comment

I'm completist.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

Heroic Collector of MOTUC the.overlord's Avatar
    DESPONDOS (watching the game - having a Bud...with HORDAK)
    me too! me too!!
    Classics Collector!!

Successful transactions/trades with: MossMan710179, cobaltkatdrone, reefkeeper, Zildjian, keithfuchs, Raypor, Zovex, JOXE, Son of Keldor, Hogan, BadSchoolGirl69, Degra, Uki, Blue Monkey, dedset13, Vaal (THX EVERYONE!!)

My trader review:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=169339

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    So far I'm a completist (of loose figures) because I want all the till march officially announced upcoming MOTUC figures.
    I also like most of "Princess of Power", "New Adventures" and MYP 200X so those are all very much welcome
    I can't wait to get Adora!

It it stays that way? Time will tell...
    Although I don't believe so because if the line will eventually release everything that has been released in the 80's, then I will definitely not get any Meteorbs, Energy Zoids and Rotar & Twistoid no matter how cool they may look, I really dislike them. I will not get all the Vehicles and perhaps not all Beasts either. I'm also still reserved about all repaints & variants of He-Man and Skeletor and I'm sure I won't get any re-issues after the most highly anticipated re-release of King Grayskull. Stratos for example, unless he has accessories and different feet.

May the MOTUC line last for many years to come so we're able to see all of the releases!
    Last edited by synthalus; October 28, 2009 at 11:20am.
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

This is the first and only line where I've been a completist! I've never felt compelled to buy everything in a line before this one.

Granted, that doesn't mean that I won't skip a bonus figure that totally doesn't appeal to me, but so far it hasn't happened. I think the only kinda bonus that would make me skip it is boring stuff like Queen Marlena in a green dress, or anything else really action-less.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Add me to that list, my MOC collection will be 100% complete while I only collect the figs I like for my loose collection so I collect both ways

I am. I don't plan on skipping anybody.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Ill get them all. When I was kid, I passed POP and NA figures, but now I apreciate the designs and I want all POP characters and 90% of NA.

I´ll buy every new character (not repaints, not every Heman/Skeletor versions).
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

I am a completist
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

I'm a character completist, but not a figure completist.

- Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    I am a completist in regards to wanting 1 of each and every figure, BUT I don't have 3 He-Ro's each with different spell stones (red, purple, and green) and I won't be buying 2 Trap-Jaw's in order to have Trap Jaw and Kronis. But I will be buying 1 of each figure until the series is complete or I go broke...hopefully NOT the latter.
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

WE can do this together because.....

EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    Add me to that list, my MOC collection will be 100% complete
    You have the Spirit of Grayskull misb???
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

Quote Originally Posted by synthalus View Post
    You have the Spirit of Grayskull misb???
    hahaha... please don't poke the bear.
    Seriously, though, most people don't count the spirit of grayskull because it was not technically "released".
    Bill :: guitargod694

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    I'm generally a completist with this line. However, I didn't worry about getting the He-Ro that had the SDCC logo. I just have the regular one. Whatever.

Rider of the Night MyBroGotAllMyFigs's Avatar
    I'm a completist, but not to the extent that I'll get the re-releases of He-Man and Skeletor.