Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone kitbash a Blonde Teela yet?

Fantastic repaints Baena!!!

On She-Ra's face, as well as He-Man's!

The face of your He-Man does indeed look A LOT better, very vintage-styled!
    ..:: it rubs the lotion on its skin ::..

THESE COLLECTORS ARE HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO DEAL WITH:

Kaleb1974 (5x) ~ Peter (3x) ~ JOAH-MAN (1x) ~ TIRPITZ (8x) ~ rougewelder (1x) ~ Facelessone (12x) ~ King-ironic (1x) ~ boggs32 (2x) ~ onthoofder ~ ess7477 (1x) ~ Sl@yer (8x) ~ 2-packs (7x) ~ Arkangel (2x) ~ PIOSOL (3x) ~ pyrelus (1x) ~ Scare_Glower (1x) ~ mondo (1x) ... Thanks guys!!! :-)

I love your version of blonde Teela. The color is perfect. I'd also really like to see a brunette version of her, just like the first Teela figure I had as a child. Anyone up for it?

Baena Teela looks beautiful I like that you gave her depth in her hair color, I think her brown eyes are beautiful.

CaptofGuard26 I had a Teela with brunette hair as well.(My first was a red head,my second was a brunette. ) I did a repaint of 200X Teela as a brunette. I honestly hadn't thought of doing the same with MotU Teela.

Something to think about doing.
    Teela the Warrior Goddess is my homegirl.

artodron-
    I'd love to see your brunette Teela. Post some pics if you can!

Great! Teela blonde is very very nice!

I like the blonde hair!

I do not personally like the contrast it creates with the red details in Teela's outfit though (dress, bracelets and shoes). Based on pictures I think it could look even better if the red on her outfit was more of shades of brown/gold as in the comic?

Heidi
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Man, blonde Teela is so cool. Great job!

She looks amazing with blonde hair.
    The gleam of the Power Sword lights your way as you enter the fantastic world of Eternia...

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    Again, you keep saying that, but again, I point you to my reference in the comic. She had redder lips. A flushed woman can have red lips without makeup help too ya know. Regardless, I was going for how she appeared in the Point Dread book, in the story "Danger at Castle Grayskull".

This morning I made her eyes an actual brown, and thinned up on the lipstick some.

A little hard to tell from the pic, but you can see now it's not just all black, there's some color in the irises now.

I think she looks great like this. I wanted hazel or brown eyes so she'd be a little more unique from She-Ra that way.
    I've never thought or cared much about a blonde Teela, but this looks great. I'd be all for a Mattel repaint that looked the same.

Heroic Warrior
    Dear Baena,

Congratulations ! Your first version of blonde Teela (with the very red lips and dark eyes) truly rocks ! This is the one I prefer so far !

Truly, I think that Teela looks as great, no matter the hair color (red or blonde).

I wonder... I should have a Teela head I could paint in a couple of days. I might give it a go... Baena, could you please send me a PM with the brand and type/shade of colors and paints you used for your "very red lipped and dark eyed blonde Teela" ? What kind and size of paintbrush did you use ? I know by experience that eyes are one of the hardest parts to paint. Used to paint pewter figures...

How 'bout I just post here what I did?

I use Cartoon Colours Cell Vinyl paints. Then when done, I spray the head with a Testor's dull Cote clear coat spray. And lastly, put some Delta Cream coat Gloss on the eyes, gold bits, and lips.

Colors I used from the Cartoon Colours paints were Yellow Ochre, Yellow, and white for the hair. Yellow Ochre for a base coat, with a mix of that, Yellow, and white for the drybrushing on the hair.
    For the lips, I think I just used a combo of Ochre again, with Burnt Sienna, Red, and white, maybe a touch of black to cool off the warm reds, all mixed up.
    The eyes are actually a lighter color now, I have them instead of dark brown, a more lighter hazel color.

The way I do the eyes is... Paint the whites, then with black paint the eye lashes, and iris area.
    Then I paint in the color inside the iris area, leaving just a slight bit of the black as lines around the iris. Then dot in the pupils with black, and lastly a touch of white for a false reflection. I only do that last bit to remain consistent with the rest of the MotUC figs as they all have that. Most of the time, if I put the gloss clear coat on, you really don't need the false highlight painted as the gloss will create real highlights naturally.

That's what I did for Teela.

Hope that helps.

OH! As to brushes, just nice acrylic/watercolor brushes work fine. Make sure they come to a nice point when wet.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks for the info, Baena ! I'll have to figure out if it's possible for me to get this. In my country, it will probably have another name, though...