Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The lowdown on Wun-Dar...

Heroic Warrior

The lowdown on Wun-Dar...

What's the story behind Wun-Dar? Does anybody even know?

I'm wondering if he will be introduced as one of the other warriors in the past to carry the He-Man title? Maybe trained by the Goddess?

Or is Wun-Dar gonna be just a regular He-Man in variant form?

Or is Wun-Dar gonna be a totally different character from He-Man? Will he be just a secondary type figure that looks similar to He-Man or was maybe related to him?

What's the story?

I know it derives from the "Wonder Bread" variant also known as "Savage" He-Man.

I just wonder if it's a variant, or if this guy has a story.

I guess what i'm asking is, is he like King Grayskull or He-Ro?

Darth Bong

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Nobody really knows anything yet. As far as I know, the original figure never really had any kind of specific backstory in the 80s (didn't he supposedly come in a plain plastic bag? If so, then there wouldn't have been any kind of bio on him).

We haven't seen the new Wun-Dar's packaging with his new bio yet. This will be the first time that the character even really has a backstory. But since it hasn't been revealed yet, nobody really knows anything at this point.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

His story is that he is repainted he-man with repainted zodak's armor and gun coming with bread accessory.

I think he is part of the cosmic enforcers. When he is not fighting evil in the universe he is back at HQ in the kitchen working on his second love, baking bread.

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    maybe he'll be a cosmic enforcer?!?!? and he throws stale bread at people to take them down!

=)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

I think we (subscribers) will receive Wun-Dar in a plastic bag without bio... Just like the original one...

Oddly enough, the little plastic bread accessory he comes with has more nutritional value than an actual loaf of Wonder Bread.
    "Listen, strange women dressed like birds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government!"

He's been officially labeled Wun-Dar: the savage he-man by matty.

I'm currently thinking he's one of the previous he-men between grayskull and adam.

It bothers me he's being branded the savage he-man when he's the first he-man (unless you count the movie) to be seen with a ray gun and more furutistic looking armour.

I have a feeling most the different he-men will be given the same head. I hope this isn't going to lead BA he-man to being anyone other than Adam.

I really hope they at least start doing different hair sculpts. I think this would be a fantastic way to get 2002 he-man's head represented in the line

Really hope if he-man's basic head is going to be getting used on so many characters (he-man, wun-dar, faker.... vikar?) they'll at least retool it and paint it differently.

I'd rather they use M@A's shaved head for one of them if they're going to cheap out to even head sharing... hey, maybe orko will have he-man's head under the hat!

Quote Originally Posted by Calderon View Post
    I think we (subscribers) will receive Wun-Dar in a plastic bag without bio... Just like the original one...
    not going to happen. It's already stated that matty subscribers get a CARDED figure. Also, i think it'd be poor to pay $20 for him and him arrive in a plastic bag.

Finally, TG has already said he'll have a bio
    Last edited by Fneh; October 29, 2009 at 08:18am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Fneh's MOTUC wishlist:
    Spikor, MYP Marzo, Snake Armour He-Man, Stinkor
    Fneh's MOTUC needed list:
    King Grayskull, Beastman, Stratos head

Quote Originally Posted by Fneh View Post
    I hope this isn't going to lead BA he-man to being anyone other than Adam.

Toyguru already commented on that.

Originally Posted by Toyguru

Looks like we may be able to post Battle Armor He-Man later this week. Still no sign of first samples of Adora yet.

The bio is new, but it is still Prince Adam under there. Remember, the 2002 series established that Adam can create new forms of armor and weapons (i.e. the Snake Armor and the Horde Armor only seen as a statue in Episode 35) so expect a similar origin for the Battle Armor and other augmentations to He-Man's repertoire as the line goes on.

TG
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Well thats a decent explaination.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

I'm glad someone made this thread. I've been frequently googling "Wun-Dar Wiki, Wun-Dar Bio, Who is Wun-Dar" for weeks and have had no luck in finding his backstory.

I knew it was a Wonder Bread promotional thing, but I wanted some sort of story. Now I know that he flat out doesn't have one... Yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Fneh View Post

not going to happen. It's already stated that matty subscribers get a CARDED figure. Also, i think it'd be poor to pay $20 for him and him arrive in a plastic bag.
    Well, he can be in a plastic bag and the bag inside a standard packaging...

I really hope he wouldn't have a BIO, but the cosmic enforcer option is a good one. Maybe this Wun-dar is a previous He-Man who joined the cosmic enforcers going neutral and exiled after he had to make a hard choice (killing some friend or something very tragic) He returned the power sword to the Goddess and then make a black one for himself in signal of respect for his fallen friend and to remember to never make that choice again.
    Last edited by Calderon; October 29, 2009 at 10:10am.

What if he's a past He-man turned cosmic enforcer after he handed his title of He-man over to the next generation or maybe he-man was no longer needed during his time.
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

I'm curious about WUNDAR, too! I figure he may be either:

A. A former "He-Man" turned cosmic enforcer (he would have ties to the Goddess).

B. A second generation, organic form of Faker (a better attempt at a clone by Skeletor) that turned from evil to good.

The cosmic enforcer is a better idea, I guess, since he wears the chest armor.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JTMitchell87 View Post
    I'm glad someone made this thread. I've been frequently googling "Wun-Dar Wiki, Wun-Dar Bio, Who is Wun-Dar" for weeks and have had no luck in finding his backstory.

I knew it was a Wonder Bread promotional thing, but I wanted some sort of story. Now I know that he flat out doesn't have one... Yet.
    He was never actually part of a Wonder Bread promotion, that's just a rumor that isn't actually true.

And, as already stated, there is no previous existing definitive bio for him. The first official bio for him will be the one that the MOTUC version ends up having.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Toyguru already said Wun-Dar would NOT be Adam. Maybe he'll be a He-Man from another dimension. I'm thinking Cosmic Enforcer though.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I'm in the same thought that Wun-dar was probably one of the substitute He-mans that has been called out to help out during a crisis and then he became a Cosmic Enforcer after the crisis has been averted.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    He was never actually part of a Wonder Bread promotion, that's just a rumor that isn't actually true.

And, as already stated, there is no previous existing definitive bio for him. The first official bio for him will be the one that the MOTUC version ends up having.
    D'oh. Now I'm back to knowing absolutely nothing about him...

It makes sense to me that all the He-Men would have the same head. If Adam becomes He-Man, that could mean that He-Man has been the constant throughout, and are all the same character. More like a possession thing. If that's the case, then Adam probably won't look much like He-Man, as in the 200x line. Thus some other kid becomes Wun-Dar, but is still channeling the spirit of He-Man, making him look the same.
    He-Ro and Scareglow's capes look like the most powerful Fruit Roll-Ups in the universe!

When Earworms Attack!

I'm sure Mattel will produce a story (more or less relevant) for his bio. But after Zodak and the Goddess another new character that is just a repaint even with a He-Man's face - boring!

So im thinking that we will have 2 heads for Adam after reading all this......
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Quote Originally Posted by JTMitchell87 View Post
    D'oh. Now I'm back to knowing absolutely nothing about him...
    Join the club. Until his bio is revealed it's all just speculation; who he is, where the original figure came from - nobody knows.

He is the palace baker! Mystery solved
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Since he`s not part of the regular line I really wouldn`t mind if the bio basically talked about the msyterious origin of the FIGURE, I don`t think he should be added into the MOTUC story for the fact that he`s a sub exclusive. I hope they keep him out of the existing storyline

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    Join the club. Until his bio is revealed it's all just speculation; who he is, where the original figure came from - nobody knows.
    The bio isn't going to explain where the original figure came from. Mattel doesn't even have any records for a dark-haired He-Man variant.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."