Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The lowdown on Wun-Dar...

Rider of the Night MyBroGotAllMyFigs's Avatar
    He somehow got his hands on a recipe for the Discworld's DWARF BREAD... Trust me guys, you don't wanna mess with dwarf bread, it's a lethal weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by MyBroGotAllMyFigs View Post
    He somehow got his hands on a recipe for the Discworld's DWARF BREAD... Trust me guys, you don't wanna mess with dwarf bread, it's a lethal weapon.
    lol, that's the first Pratchettarian reference I've encountered in this website, and none too soon. Maybe Wun-dar can have his bread with a side order of rat & ketchup.

I always thought dwarf bread was mined and forged, rather than baked.
    "Listen, strange women dressed like birds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government!"

Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    The bio isn't going to explain where the original figure came from. Mattel doesn't even have any records for a dark-haired He-Man variant.

I think he was making two separate statements. We won't know who Wun-Dar is in the MOTUC line until his bio is released.

Who he was meant to be in the original line (aside from a repaint of He-Man) will never be known, nor where he came from.

Aside from having no effect on the original mystery, Wun-Darr will become part of the official MOTU canon once he is released. And since there's no existing bio for him, you know that this bio will be retroactively applied to the old figures as well.

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    From what we've heard out of Matty so far, I'm thinking that Wun-Dar will be a He-Man from the past with ties to the Goddess, who went on to become a cosmic enforcer.

Which is exactly why when I get him, I'll be putting the armor that comes with the Goddess on him to truly turn him into Savage He-Man

Heroic Peace Officer Eternian Knight's Avatar
    Someone wrote that Wun- Dar is a He-man that
    people tell their children about as a bedtime story.

I' m actually excited to read his bio but I'm not a
    fan of different He-men. I think it takes something
    away from Adam.

pretty sure wun-dar will be a he-man that will be trained by the goddess.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    I'm curious about WUNDAR, too! I figure he may be either:

A. A former "He-Man" turned cosmic enforcer (he would have ties to the Goddess).

B. A second generation, organic form of Faker (a better attempt at a clone by Skeletor) that turned from evil to good.

The cosmic enforcer is a better idea, I guess, since he wears the chest armor.

i really like the cosmis enforcer idea. he could still be trained by the goddess and then after he gives up the mantle of he-man he becomes a CE since he is deemed "worthy"
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Maybe he's the human form of the first Zodac.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

Wun-Dar is an alternate universe He-Man. This time, it's Zodak who gives him his armor and trains him to become the Quantum Enforcer.

As for his real origin, didn't someone here say that they had seen a newspaper ad from Mattel for this figure right before the whole phenomenon began? Maybe he's Adam's older brother?
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

I know they'll add 'em to the mythos somehow, but personally, I'd like a hilarious joke bio!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Elder Councilman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    Nobody really knows anything yet. As far as I know, the original figure never really had any kind of specific backstory in the 80s (didn't he supposedly come in a plain plastic bag? If so, then there wouldn't have been any kind of bio on him).

We haven't seen the new Wun-Dar's packaging with his new bio yet. This will be the first time that the character even really has a backstory. But since it hasn't been revealed yet, nobody really knows anything at this point.
    That's just the thing...nobody knows. We don't even know if he came in a plastic bag; it's been rumored....but many people claim they've also owned the never-released Rocket-Firing Boba Fett mail-away exclusive too.

Like the folks at That New Toy Smell even brought up....for all we know some guy could've been selling 'em out of the back of his trunk; no one honestly knows.
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

Heroic Warrior
    Anything but the alternate universe crap!

I hate that.

My best guess is that he's one of the "chosen" warriors who took the He-Man mantle somewhere in the 500 years between King Grayskull and Prince Adam.

I think there's even a possibility that his real name may be Dare. Then, he became Wun-Dar. He-Man was just an extra title. As in Dare=Wun-Dar, the He-Man.

Darth Bong

I really donīt care about Wun-dar backstory, I just bought a sub for the comodity.
    I think that was a good choice for the sub character, but at the same time and personally I donīt think no one would buy a sub just because thatīs the only way theyīre getting a Wun-dar.

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Bong View Post
    Anything but the alternate universe crap!

I hate that.

Darth Bong
    Awh, I love that crap! I was figuring he is a mad god He-Man who destroyed his universe, stole the powers of a cosmic enforcer and is Wun-Dar-ing the Multiverse to destroy every Castle Grayskull in creation. What?!?!?
    I think it sounds great. Stop judging me!
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Heroic Warrior
    That got a smile outta me, Lord Fallen Eldor.

That was good stuff. The smilies worked well with that. All tongue in cheek.

I'm just not that big a fan of alternate universe stories. I think that's just a little lazy. I mean, it works for Bizarro, but I don't want it in He-Man too much. I mean, they're already on a different planet, I don't need alternate planets of the same thing just backwards going on.

Darth Bong

Quote Originally Posted by LORD FALLEN ELDOR View Post
    Awh, I love that crap! I was figuring he is a mad god He-Man who destroyed his universe, stole the powers of a cosmic enforcer and is Wun-Dar-ing the Multiverse to destroy every Castle Grayskull in creation. What?!?!?
    I think it sounds great. Stop judging me!

sounds like the Jet Li Movie, The One....

And regarding the original figure: I heard that he-man was originall made as a conan figure to pair with the release of the first Conan movie. When they saw how violent the movie was they pulled out, painted his hair yellow and changed the name. The cartoon was then commissioned to salvage the money that had been poured into the toys and gain publicity that way instead.
    Wun-Dar having darker skin and brown hair adds up. Maybe a couple of thousand were made before they pulled it and needed to get rid of them somehow.
    give it recoloured armour and weapon from one of the new figures and it can be sold as a new figure that couldn't be related to Conan

What I don't understand is how people even have this figure. I don't believe Mattel don't know his origin. If it's tied to a property like conan they're unlikely to tell anyone for legal reasons.
    similarly, how does anyone even know he should come with the black zodac gear? that was included in the weapon pack. Is there any evidence wun-dar even came with those items? If no one knows how he came about, how does anyone know a single accessory he should come with?
    Fneh's MOTUC wishlist:
    Spikor, MYP Marzo, Snake Armour He-Man, Stinkor
    Fneh's MOTUC needed list:
    King Grayskull, Beastman, Stratos head

Heroic Warrior
    Rumor has it he came with the following weapons/accessories...

Black Zodac(k) armor.

Laser blaster

Axe

Shield

Darth Bong

Evil Spaghetti Eater Kobra Khan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mistaloko View Post
    I donīt think no one would buy a sub just because thatīs the only way theyīre getting a Wun-dar.
    I`m one of those people.

I think he`s a guy coming from the same village as He-man (as seen in the first mini-comic), same tribe and maybe related to him, only with a very savage and bad temper.
    The cosmic enforcer`s armor and gun? He bare-handendly extracted them from a dragon`s belly.

Now, imagine if his bio comes in blank?

Having already established that "He-Man" is an role that's been passed down the generations, there's no reason to think the legacy of Grayskull is going to stop with Adam. What if Wun-Dar is a future He-Man? TG said that we'd learn about the 'future' in the line soon. We assumed that meant a New Adventures character was on the horizon, but what if he meant Wun-Dar?

Maybe Wun-Dar is the new He-Man who takes over after Adam is transported to Primus? The New Adventures 'He-Man' doesn't have the original powersword with him after all. Maybe in the MOTUC continuity he leaves it behind, and hands it on to Wun-Dar.

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    pretty sure wun-dar will be a he-man that will be trained by the goddess.

i really like the cosmis enforcer idea. he could still be trained by the goddess and then after he gives up the mantle of he-man he becomes a CE since he is deemed "worthy"

I get it! The Cosmic Enforcers are also a retirement community for previous He Man's deemed worthy.

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Question-Man View Post
    I get it! The Cosmic Enforcers are also a retirement community for previous He Man's deemed worthy.
    Like the Ring-Bearers going to the Undying Lands in LOTR???
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post

funny. i just rewatched the LOTR movies this week
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    The bio isn't going to explain where the original figure came from. Mattel doesn't even have any records for a dark-haired He-Man variant.
    I know, I wasn't expecting the bio to give us an answer to the Wonder Bread mystery. Especially since even Mattel doesn't know.

At least when the bio is revealed we'll finally know something about the character.
    Last edited by RocketPunch; October 31, 2009 at 01:52pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    I always hated that. The reward for saving the world with great risk to yourself is to end up in an overseas retirement home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bianchi5 View Post
    Now, imagine if his bio comes in blank?
    That is brilliant! Pure genius!
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk