Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: King Hssss & the Snake Men: Eternia's version of V?

Heroic Warrior

King Hssss & the Snake Men: Eternia's version of V?

For anyone whose seen the the old 80's show or the recent reboot of the television series V, reading King Hssss bio feels like they were based on the series. You have reptilian men from space with a leader (and his cronies) with human disguises that come to take over the planet. Very interesting dynamic.

Hate it. As far as I'm concerned, the Snake Men are from Eternia, no more no less.
    200X Power Sword, 200X Toon, 200X Continuity.... Yeah, it's all about 200X!!

Does that make Hing Hsss Diana?

Quote Originally Posted by Atomicdios View Post
    Does that make Hing Hsss Diana?
    ... Man, now poor Hsss lost all of his ferocious deadly appeal...
    Last edited by Darkkosis; December 23, 2010 at 10:09pm.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grenadaspice View Post
    For anyone whose seen the the old 80's show or the recent reboot of the television series V, reading King Hssss bio feels like they were based on the series. You have reptilian men from space with a leader (and his cronies) with human disguises that come to take over the planet. Very interesting dynamic.
    I haven't seen the new series yet, but I own both miniseries & the original series, on DVD.
    Does Galactus fart?

ha i was just watching V on netflix this week. GREAT GREAT show from the 80s.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

I never really thought of that. I can see the similarities but since King Hiss is the only one with a human disguise, I'm going to have to disagree. At least until the Snake Men start eating live rodents instead of every hero's brother.

I do like the idea that the Snake Men have come from outside of Eternia even if it wasn't in a spaceship. This franchise is called MOTU and not MOE(Masters Of Eternia ).

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    ha i was just watching V on netflix this week. GREAT GREAT show from the 80s.
    The new one isn't that bad either. "Diana" & "Mike Donovan" from the 80's show are going to be on the show's 2nd season starting next month. If the show isn't cancelled by February, I also hope Michael Ironside & Robert Englund eventually make their own appearances.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; December 23, 2010 at 10:34pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

I also don't like the 'Snake Men from outer space' angle. As far as my personal canon goes, they are from Eternia's past just like in 200X.

Heroic Warrior
    But, the Snake Men are from Eternia's past since King Hssss did rule Eternia for 5,000 years BEFORE even fighting against King Grayskull & Hordak. It's not where you came from that's important, but it's how you got hear, or some stupid cliche like that.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    The lizards from were all pretendings humans in disguise from the outer space.

Here, the snakemen are reptilians without disguise. King Hsss has the power of been seen like an Heroic Master, but he is a villain.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

What confuses me the most about them not being from Eternia (even though the mini comic confirmed this) is the fact that Serpos is an ETERNIAN god/titan. Did he come for a visit and decide to stay??
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Snake Men for me will always be from Eternia. Period. My own canon.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

i also don't like space traveling snakes... i mean, why do they have to have the same origin as the Horde? lame....

in my canon the Snake Men used to be the Snake Clan (from FILMATION's "The Time Corridor"). While they were actually good men, some of them wanted to gain more power - and Hiss formed a group of warriors that worshipped the evil god Serpos. Hiss created the Serpent Ring (that's why he still can change back into his original human form) and turned his group into snake men - becoming the King of the Snake Men!

Some of the Snake Clan, under the leadership of Zilora, fought against the Snake Men. Zilora handed down her cobra armor to Sharella and eventually Teela. (Or maybe Zilora is actually Sharella in MOTUC.)

Last edited by danvin; December 24, 2010 at 06:37am.

You can imagine it however you want, but the Snakemen invaded Preternia from space even in the original canon. King Hsss said that they held SEVERAL worlds in thrall in the mini-comic.
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

Evil Master of Meejitz super-munkyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoffrod View Post
    You can imagine it however you want, but the Snakemen invaded Preternia from space even in the original canon. King Hsss said that they held SEVERAL worlds in thrall in the mini-comic.
    Hssss also had some slave wenches in his thrall. Good old Bruce Timm
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

Commissions - [TBA]

STOP making sense!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

I really loved V, but i see King Hiss more like the evil guy from the Conan movie (James Earl Jones). Remember that scene where his human face turns into a Snake one? I think they took the idea from that character.

Serpos was likely summoned to Eternia via Snakemen rituals. I am glad that Hssss' bio sticks to the Vintage story. It is, as many have said, Masters of the Universe, after all!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

I like the idea of both the Horde and Snakemen being space-faring armies. The Horde like to enslave planets whereas the Snakemen plunder and pillage.

Bring on the snakes on a spaceship.

I don't mind them being from outer space. As was pointed out it's Masters of the Universe. Not everything needs to come from Eternia.

ziro
    well, when I was child (at that time I was 4 years old) I made some confusion about V and Motu, so I thought that King Hiss was really a V toys! ehehe

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    When I was watching the original V on DVD, it did make me think of the Snakemen.

Diana isn't the leader of all the Snakemen. She's basically Hordak, the leader of that region. There is a real leader (like Horde Prime...or "Supreme"). The leader is mentioned a lot in the series, but I think his only "appearance" is in the last episode of the series. He is never shown though.

****80's V Spoilers!****

Also, Lydia userps control from Diana and that other guy comes who Diana later marries and Lydia accidentally poisons. So, Diana becomes 3rd in command (then second, after her husband's death) before losing all control. The V leader decides he wants peace, but Diana and her new love (Julia Roberts' brother...apparently) want war again. That's basically where the series ends.

****End of V Spoilers****
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

And then 200X came along and changed all that. So we're really not "imagining" anything.
    200X Power Sword, 200X Toon, 200X Continuity.... Yeah, it's all about 200X!!

Would not doubt it if the original filmation concept was taken from the 80's V series. I see lots of 80's influence in the filmation cartoon. Just was watchin Season 2, Vol 2 yesterday and saw Attack Track talking like he was Kit from Knight Rider.

Quote Originally Posted by seth-man View Post
    Would not doubt it if the original filmation concept was taken from the 80's V series. I see lots of 80's influence in the filmation cartoon. Just was watchin Season 2, Vol 2 yesterday and saw Attack Track talking like he was Kit from Knight Rider.
    Was Catra a ripoff of Manimal then?

In all seriousness, you're probably right. All of those action shows on NBC in the 80's were really popular with the boys at my school.

JOIN THE GROUP...