Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: **Trademark Spoilers** Don't read if you like surprises

Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    That's just a "new" photoshop mockup, right?
    I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnnaMot View Post
    isnt this what happend to the 200X line we all got Excited for nothing . where most of the trademark renewed didnt come out
    Not that I can recall. What name(s) weren't used? Seems like pretty much everything that was active was used in either the toy line or mini-statues line.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    [B][SIZE="3"]
    This is exactly what I love about this line, this is when the line starts to feel fresh and new.
    POP and NA are adding a much needed freshness to this line.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

I. Couldn't. Resist.

I am stoked about the NA trademarks!
    But I'm getting even more excited about all the Preternia or POG characters, and the Giants specifically! I mean, how cool is a 4Hm Tytus figure, standing next to a 4Hm Slush Head figure gonna look!?
    Totally freaking amazingly cool!, I think. Can't wait!
    – No comment.

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Dear Lord,

Please make these NA characters part of the Bonus Figure program. In my life, I have seen few things more frightening than the figure posted above and I fear adding such an abomination to my collection might cause my other figures to commit mass suicide, Jim Jones-style.

Amen.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    Dear Lord,
    Please make these NA characters part of the Bonus Figure program.
    Not going to happen.
    Bonus figure must be cheaper refresh/repaint figures, if they invest in toolings for NA figures, it's almost sure they will be part of the regular line up, execpt maybe He-Man and Skeletor.
    But considered the new tooling needed for those two, I see them more as exclusives, if not part of the regular line as well.

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    Interesting.

Although I was never into NA first time 'round (it was just too far removed from the original line for my liking), I'm willing to give it a go in MOTUC. And with the bios, I have a feeling it will be worked into the overall MOTU mythos much better.

Also, ajac71, I seem to recall some NA figures having the different names here in th U.K. as well. So as you say, it would make sense to use these as basis for "real names".

As for Gygor... I've heard mention of him over the years. I don't think the concept worked too well as a "ride-able creature" for the original line which is maybe why he was never released, but maybe this time around he will fare better.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    Not going to happen.
    Bonus figure must be cheaper refresh/repaint figures, if they invest in toolings for NA figures, it's almost sure they will be part of the regular line up, execpt maybe He-Man and Skeletor.
    But considered the new tooling needed for those two, I see them more as exclusives, if not part of the regular line as well.
    Dear Emiliano, best MOTU artist that ever lived, you have pierced my soul!
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

A big fan of Slush Head
    Before this thread I thought Mattel was going to put out only one NA figure for 2010 but now it looks like that's not going to be the case. And looks like they are going to kick it off with the best looking characters.
    Optikk and Slush Head are the poeple's favorites.

I wonder which parts from other figures will good ol' Slushy get.

He is probably going to get regular evil feet since they are similar to the classic version and maybe new shin guards?

http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

^ I was thinking Hordak's duck feet might work good on Slush Head too.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    Dear Emiliano, best MOTU artist that ever lived, you have pierced my soul!
    C'mon is not that bad!
    You may even like the figures! Never loose faith in the mighty Four Horsemen!

(and thank you by they way, but I don't deserve such a title!)

Hey Emiliano,
    I came across an art card you did in my MOTU DVDs. That's amazing! I love that take on MOTU. It would have been great box art for MOTUC. Did you do anymore of these, and can you or I share this with the rest of the community?

Quote Originally Posted by Question-Man View Post
    Hey Emiliano,
    I came across an art card you did in my MOTU DVDs. That's amazing! I love that take on MOTU. It would have been great box art for MOTUC. Did you do anymore of these, and can you or I share this with the rest of the community?
    Thank you Question-Man!
    I did a second one for the exclusive SOTS DVD.
    So far posting the artcards from the DVDs was forbidden here on the forum, but since they are are now out of print we are thinking about lifting the interdiction :-)
    I need to check with JV3 and BCIguy.

I don't understand all the hate for NA figures.

I understand if some people don't like the show, it was quite the departure from previous cannons.

The figures however have a decent look. Especially some of the better ones like Slush Head. People calling them an abomination or other similar terms is very closed minded.

They ARE a part of the He-man lore. And those figures when made to fit in with MOTUC are going to rock the house.

I hope we should be so lucky that Slush Head is the next figure revealed. He's a very cool design. I don't see how anyone could argue that.

AND GRATS Mike! It's awesome to see some of our personal favorites trickle into the line. I really hope old Slushy makes 2010!
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Thank you Question-Man!
    I did a second one for the exclusive SOTS DVD.
    So far posting the artcards from the DVDs was forbidden here on the forum, but since they are are now out of print we are thinking about lifting the interdiction :-)
    I need to check with JV3 and BCIguy.
    I don't see the harm on lifting the ban at least from the LE SOTS DVD. Not only is it OOP, but it's damn hard to find regardless. I'd love to see the artcards from it.
    You may have defeated us, but you'll never see this child again!

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post

I understand if some people don't like the show, it was quite the departure from previous cannons.

The figures however have a decent look. Especially some of the better ones like Slush Head. People calling them an abomination or other similar terms is very closed minded.

They ARE a part of the He-man lore. And those figures when made to fit in with MOTUC are going to rock the house.

I hope we should be so lucky that Slush Head is the next figure revealed. He's a very cool design. I don't see how anyone could argue that.

AND GRATS Mike! It's awesome to see some of our personal favorites trickle into the line. I really hope old Slushy makes 2010!
    Exactly! Very well said David. People should be open minded. Just because the figures were different back then doesn't make them terrible.
    Design wise those figures are awesome. Execution back then not so good, true, but it is normal. We are talking about early 90's action figures and those figures were for kids.
    Those figures have a lot of detail, great ideas behind them. Great concepts.
    Take those scrawny figures from the 90's, juice them up in 4 Horsemen style and what do you get?... Yeah one freaking AWESOME action figure that's what.

I've said this before and I will say it again.. A lot of haters out there will end up picking up these figures you'll see. The 4Horsemen are going to make them see how cool these characters are.

And also with the new bios tying everything together, people who don't think NA is part of MOTU will finally be able to see that that was not the case. They will see that NA has always been a part of MOTU. That it was just them who didn't want to see it like that.

NA expands MOTU. We get new characters, new adventures, potencial new storylines/ crossovers etc.

Who benefits from this? We of course.

With that said bring on " The Power of the Good and the way of the Magic"

C'mon is not that bad!
    You may even like the figures! Never loose faith in the mighty Four Horsemen!

(and thank you by they way, but I don't deserve such a title!)
    I really want the 4H to prove me wrong, but I don't see it happening!

As for the other...yeah, you do! I've been reading through the MVC MOTU series and I am more blown away by your art than I was when I first saw it 7 years ago.

That Mattel could let the story that you and Val had cooking, along with your art, go to waste just shows how terribly short-sighted they were.

I really hope that when we get a MOTUC comic (I hope!), you're on the pencils.

Okay, enough of that, I now return you all to your regularly-scheduled speculation thread!

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    I wonder which parts from other figures will good ol' Slushy will get.
    They need to eventually make scaley body parts for Snake Men.

And for the record, sure would be nice to get some new arms to use for Clawful/Whiplash, and if textured they'd be great to use here.
    Same with the Claw/Whip/Buzz legs, if they were textured at all.

Other than that, He-Ro loincloth might work.

He is probably going to get regular evil feet since they are similar to the classic version and maybe new shin guards?
    See, this is where I wish we had an alternate version of those Classic feet, because they'd look much better than the clawed Skelly feet on Slush Head.

But now I'm getting back into my Skelly feet topic discussion, so I'll stop there.

Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post

I certainly respect the love that some people have for the NA. After all, not everyone liked 200X.

That said, my dislike comes from the overall look of the products. To me, MOTU was always about swords and sorcery in a post-apocalyptic world with smatterings of technology lying about. Even in the Filmation era, there was a melding of science and the dark ages.

When NA came along, there was nothing that a casual viewer could identify as MOTU. It was total Science Fiction, without any of the things that made MOTU what it was. Skeletor looked...well...funny. There was nothing menacing about him. He was just a goofy-looking quasi-skull-faced dude. What kind of skull was THAT, anyway???

Grayskull was gone, the power swords were gone...there was nothing there that said MOTU to me. If not for the names "He-Man" and "Skeletor", I don't think ANYONE would have looked at an episode of that show and said to themselves "Hey, its He-Man!".

That's why I never liked it and why I don't like the designs. I'm not closed-minded, and I think my explanation illustrates that.

It's not He-Man to me, it's random science fiction.
    Last edited by Larry Waters; October 31, 2009 at 01:05pm.

As always, great job, Tallstar! This is potentially really awesome news! I want some NA figures for Classics!

While I do agree with the opinions of some that the original NA figures looked awefull, I'm going to also agree that their MOTUC versions are probably going to rock the house down. As potential figures I think Optikk and Slush Head are fan favs because they have the potential to have the coolest looking figures. When it comes to NA I'm planning to pretty much entirely skip the heroes and get the vast majority of the mutants, so as for the trademark news, I'm glad to hear it.

Also with Gygor, I'd be thrilled with him being a deluxe bonus figure, even if he's based off the Gorilla Grodd base, though to me, I'd never have him as a hero. A giant gorilla? Maybe it's from reading too many Conan stories, but that just seems like an evil character waiting to happen.

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    They need to eventually make scaley body parts for Snake Men.
    That would be sweet and could actually be used on other figures as well.
    I wonder if they'll do this though.
    That's why I am dying to see the first NA figure. That will set the standards.
    We will know how much new tooling they are going to use and how many recycled parts.

200x figures could also benifit from NA parts.

No the classic Tytus was 15" not 12"

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    Yeah, that's gotta be Tytus' description.

I reckon he'll be bigger than that though. The vintage Tytus was 12" tall to He-Man's 5.5", so a MOTUC Tytus would need to be around 14" tall to do him justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    No the classic Tytus was 15" not 12"
    Ok, I stand corrected. That means the giants will have to be around 18" tall to be correctly scaled to the Classics.

Ok now that he's has been mentioned in a copy right when are we going to be able to see the concept art pics from Mark Taylor?

Quote Originally Posted by Spacedust View Post
    As for Gygor... I've heard mention of him over the years. I don't think the concept worked too well as a "ride-able creature" for the original line which is maybe why he was never released, but maybe this time around he will fare better.
    I hope they are that's the ONLY way to do these justice

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    Ok, I stand corrected. That means the giants will have to be around 18" tall to be correctly scaled to the Classics.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    ^ I was thinking Hordak's duck feet might work good on Slush Head too.
    Yeah or maybe Leech's webbed feet when they get to him? That'd be a stretch though I think. I dunno.
    Or maybe the NA line will get their own sets of reusable feet?
    I do know he'll look amazing, whatever they decide to do!
    – No comment.