Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: THE GODDESS: Glows in the dark?

THE GODDESS: Glows in the dark?

Short subject for a thread, but:

Does it look, to you, like the GREEN GODDESS might glow in the dark?

Her skin looks really odd, especially around the knees. I think it'd be really cool if she did! We know so little about the character that it could be a feature of hers; do you think this is a feature they might have added, to further separate the figure from Teela?
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Heroic Journalist MldMnrdReporter's Avatar
    I think the figure is cast in green plastic, so she's translucent, so I don't know if she'll glow.
    Gwildor: Moo? Moo.
    He-Man: Gwildor!
    Gwildor: I'm going, I'm going...Moo!

highly doubtful. if she glowed in the dark the plastic would be alot more cloudy and they would have hyped this up to no end like they did with scareglow.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

i don't think so...don't know why she would

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    highly doubtful. if she glowed in the dark the plastic would be alot more cloudy and they would have hyped this up to no end like they did with scareglow.
    Yeah, I think the same

I don't think she glows in the dark.

I think she's painted like He-Ro's sword is painted. With a clear gel sort of paint.

He-Ro's sword is NOT cast in blue plastic. It's cast in a clear plastic then painted with a clear blue clearcoat kind of paint.

Don't believe me? Check out his sword handle, especially if you've taken it out of his hands a few times. You'll notice some chipping there.

The Goddess looks like she got a similar treatment. I love how it goes from a blue-ish green to a yellow-ish green in spots. Again, I think that's got something to do with paints.

Just my guess. It would explain how it can be a semi opaque translucency vs. a very clear translucency like Slimer with Egon.

Whatever it is... I agree with most around here in that it's beautifully done! December can't come soon enough! But I've been saying that since July.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    I don't think she glows in the dark.

The Goddess looks like she got a similar treatment. I love how it goes from a blue-ish green to a yellow-ish green in spots. Again, I think that's got something to do with paints.

Just my guess. It would explain how it can be a semi opaque translucency vs. a very clear translucency like Slimer with Egon.
    Wishful thinking on my part, then. The translucent skin tone is very, very, interesting to me and from the new pictures it seems to give the impression of that type of glow-in-the-dark plastic.

A glowing Goddess would be cool, but alas... AND: that's a better name than GREEN GODDESS; GLOWING GODDESS...!

I really hope she is molded in clear green. I really don't want a action figure whose skin flakes off. I've seen to many posts on He-ros sword paint flaking.
    Teela the Warrior Goddess is my homegirl.

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah, i'm hoping for a clear green mold, too.

I like the translucent look. Really cool.

All I can say is it's about time we get this figure. I've been waiting since she was introduced in the mini's.

Darth Bong

I don't think she will glow in the dark (I won't oppose the idea). And she better not be made like He-Ro's sword, but made from clear green plastic.

- Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

Eternian Historian of Art Lex_Alfa's Avatar
    It would be nice, but I don't thionk we can get a translucent AND glowing in the dark figure... it's too much
    Behold the gaseous stench of Skeletor's breakfast burrito!
    Robot Chicken dixit

I hope she's not a glow in the dark, why should she? For Scareglow and Zodak it makes sence. But not for GG.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Nah, no gamma radiation glow for me. I like it that she's just translucent.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by kk2 View Post
    I hope she's not a glow in the dark, why should she? For Scareglow and Zodak it makes sence. But not for GG.
    Except that she is a spirit. Spirits can glow right? She's described as glowing in the minicomic she's in.
    http://www.he-man.org/publishing/ite...296&image=1817

I don't feel like she has to glow. But it could've been cool, and appropriate.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Hey! What you trying to do to me! If we keep getting glow in the dark figures I am not going to be able to sleep at night! I will be too freaked out with all my walls glowing.

Except that she is a spirit. Spirits can glow right? She's described as glowing in the minicomic she's in.
    http://www.he-man.org/publishing/ite...296&image=1817

I don't feel like she has to glow. But it could've been cool, and appropriate.
    Ah I see, so it would make sense to glow. I don't know if spirits can glow? Never met one, I think, at least not a glowing one

I don't think translucent plastics can glow. There is a reason why glow in the dark plastics look the way they do.

Randy
    Powered Convoy -Owner and Propreitor of the Skele-Store,
    offering a small range of stock, and the worst prices on the Net!

Quote Originally Posted by poweredconvoy View Post
    I don't think translucent plastics can glow. There is a reason why glow in the dark plastics look the way they do.

Randy
    for the majority you are correct.

however there are plastics and materials that can be clearer and still glow the problem is they are very expensive and would almost never be used in action figures due to cost.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

The Goddess Bio

After the death of King Grayskull™, the Power of the Universe was transferred from the Sword of He to the Council of Elders, who hid it deep within his castle. Knowing the full sword was the key to channeling the power again, they split it in two to prevent it from falling into the hands of evil. For five centuries, they waited for a worthy heir to be born. During this time their spirit guide, the creature known as The Goddess of Eternia®, trained secret heroic guardians to keep the two halves of the sword separated. Many of these brave warriors took the name "He-Man®" in honor of the sword they protected giving birth to many different legends of the protector of Eternia®

So then, the Goddess figure is meant to give the impression, by it's design and construction elements, to be a glowing spirit, hence the green skin? And there is no way she could actually glow because of the type of plastic they would have used for her?

Also, someone mentioned that they would have hyped it up like they did for ScareGlow. But they didn't hype it for the Zodak release, right? Fans were writing Pixel Dan asking if the tattoos glowed, and it turned out they did. It's fine if she doesn't glow; I just think it would be neat if she did. A glowing spirit makes sense...
    Last edited by PrinceAdam101; October 30, 2009 at 09:36am.

He-Ro's sword is NOT cast in blue plastic. It's cast in a clear plastic then painted with a clear blue clearcoat kind of paint.

Don't believe me? Check out his sword handle, especially if you've taken it out of his hands a few times. You'll notice some chipping there.

I have 3 different He-Ro swords... the 2 from SDCC are slightly lighter blue, and have not chipped.. but it looks like they were shrink-wrapped in plastic glittery stuff... it looks great.

The one I got with the regular version of He-Ro is a slightly darker blue, with less sparkles, and a CLEAR handle... and then a blue end of the handle. Weird.

I HOPE the Goddess is like neither of these. I hope she is green plastic through and through... but translucent. I would hate for there to be bubbles or whatever, or cracks, or irregularities.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I doubt that she will glow in the dark, but it will be awesome if she glows in the dark.
    I love the warrior ring that cames with Tri-Klops, so imagine another character besides Scareglow that also glows in the dark that would be awesome.

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    What if she is cast in translucent plastic and painted with GitD paint?
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Eternian Historian of Art Lex_Alfa's Avatar
    What? NO if she's translucent there's no need to paint her!
    Behold the gaseous stench of Skeletor's breakfast burrito!
    Robot Chicken dixit

Hopefully she is like the "Fewture Devilman" figures from a few years back & is cast in the clear colored plastic, those looked great & had no problems.
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 11.2.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Quote Originally Posted by JafariStew View Post
    Hopefully she is like the "Fewture Devilman" figures from a few years back & is cast in the clear colored plastic, those looked great & had no problems.
    I hope so too
    Teela the Warrior Goddess is my homegirl.