Thread: MOTUC in 200x Castle Grayskull

Evil Spaghetti Eater Kobra Khan's Avatar

MOTUC in 200x Castle Grayskull

Since a MOTUC release of Castle Grayskull seems to be far, I was thinking about a substitute; the vintage castle is obviously too small for MOTUC figures, but what about the 200x castle?
    It would be great to look at some shots of MOTUC standing INSIDE the 200x castle (I saw some pictures of them standing outside, and they seem to be in scale with the gate).
    Last edited by Kobra Khan; November 2, 2009 at 06:06am. Reason: typo

It looks ok with the MOTUC figures but it is to small to. If we get a new Playset, it must be double sized

MOTUC could take a step further with this C&C/BAF - things and start a BAP (Build-a-Playset). Each figure could come with a playset-piece and with like 20-30 pieces you could have a playset.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Heroic Warrior
    I like the 200x castle. It's not perfect, but its my favourite over the original.

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
    MOTUC could take a step further with this C&C/BAF - things and start a BAP (Build-a-Playset). Each figure could come with a playset-piece and with like 20-30 pieces you could have a playset.
    Yes and to mention about a $10 raise in the price. The C&C idea just wouldn't work with MOTUC since it sould take you about 7 months to complete a figure. Where as the "Bonus" figure would be more beneficial to the fan base.

as for Castle Grayskull. Since The Horsemen already have the design for it, thanks to the Key Of Grayskull that comes with Scareglow. But have the design to open similar to the 200X version. I liked that! Have no electronics. Cause it's not needed. Just make a basic playset similar to the original lines. I'm sure people would buy it if they were to get the tooling and all ready to make it. Just do a preorder for the castle. Say sell it for about $100. Also include the shipping into the cost if possible! And also when charging people's cards. Actually take the funds then and not wait til it has shipped. After all, we're paying to have this made and I think many would feel better to have it paid for than wait till it ships. As for the price, I know that's pricey. But considering the size and the limited availability of it. I see no problem. With it being made available for about 4 months should let fans save up for it if needed be. Anyway, have it up for preorder for about 3 to 4 months during the beginning of the year. Then have the castles made and packaged. Have them ready by no later than maybe Christmas Holidays. Then ship them out.

Anyway, I so hope they can make us a Castle Grayskull. I would gladly give up bonus figures for that!
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobra Khan View Post
    Since a MOTUC release of Castle Grayskull seems to be far, I was thinking about a substitute; the vintage castle is obviously too small for MOTUC figures, but what about the 200x castle?
    It would be great to look at some shots of MOTUC standing INSIDE the 200x castle (I saw some pictures of them standing outside, and they seem to be in scale with the gate).
    Yep, the 200x version is a little better in scale for MOTUC.

If we get a new Castle Grayskull I want it to be able to accommodate a Point Dread and Talon Fighter playset.
    Bikini Teela: Hottest version ever!!

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    Although I'm not the biggest 200x at the best of times, I really wasn't keen on the 200x Castle Grayskull. It looked so flat and character-less compared to the original.

Anyway, if we do get a MOTUC CG, I'd like to see it based upon the prototype version.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Impin' Ain't Easy! DreamTripper's Avatar
    I'd like to see it based on the Filmation design. I'd also like to see it to accurate scale in relation to the figures as portrayed in the cartoon. This would make the castle roughly the size of a 2-bedroom apartment.

Support Bili the Droid
    It's GrAyskull. It's posted all over the packaging and this site.
    CANON-the body of rules, principles, or standards accepted as axiomatic and universally binding in a field of study or art, such as a storyline
    CANNON-a mounted gun for firing heavy projectiles; a gun, howitzer, or mortar.

Imp is here!
    I will change my avatar as soon as Songster is made in MOTUC

Heroic Warrior
    For me the only thing I want more than a filmation castle, is the original vintage Box art... THAT was a creepy looking castle!

Its what go me into this line when I was 4.

I'm going to make a backdrop for my figures. Pretty much just use King Grayskull's box and remake something from that.
    ----------------------------------
    Joe

My G.I.Joe page
    Facebook
    EBAY
    D&J Toys - Display Bases and more!