Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: November 1st Q&As are here!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

November 1st Q&As are here!

Here we go!

Fwoosh

2. Should we expect a special Green Arrow-like hand articulation for Bow when he comes to MOTUC?

Most likely. But Bow has not been slotted in yet for development.

3. If you were to pursue making figures of Tytus and/or Megator for the MOTUC line, how tall would you say they would have to be (or be able to be) in order to fit properly with the regular figures?

It is hard to say since anything beyond Battlecat has yet to be determined. If we do these giants we’d go for as tall as we could while keeping them to a reasonable price point.

5. For a Man-E-Faces MOTUC figure, are you thinking more like Tri-Klops’ turning eyes for his “many faces” or more like the upcoming Battle armor He-Man with swappable plates?

Actually, both options are being reviewed. But he is still awhile off. So don’t jump to any conclusions!
    Pendragons Post

1) The aesthetic for the MOTUC line seems to be about 80% 1980's design and about 20% 200X but in cases where the 1980's figures were limited by technology or dominated by an action feature are you still going to try and stick close to the classic look? A good example would be Leech. Since there are no action features in this line, would we expect him to look more like his station or would he still have his flat sucker mouth as a nod to the original figure?

There is a good chance we would do two heads on Leech to capture his vintage action feature face and his 2002 redesign look. But he is not planned for release quite yet!

2) What are the chances of Mattel adopting a resalable kind of packaging for the MOTUC line so collectors don't need to ruin the awesome package art to get to their even more awesome figures?

Not at this time. It is something we will continue to explore.

3) Can you give us any info on the weapons packs? It was said that they would be seasonal but when do they start and when can we expect to get an idea of what kinds of things will be in them?

We are still working on this pack and are not ready to reveal details yet. When we do, we’ll make a big announcement.

5) Like you done for 2009: Could you say us how many MOTUC figures in 2010 are never been made before, never released as 200X and how many females could we get?

Not quite yet. We do not yet know how many bonus figures we are doing in 2010, so it is hard to give a count right now. After we see how the first few figures, including Battlecat, perform we’ll have a better idea of what 2010 will look like.
    Kastors Korner

Kastor: The Masters of the Universe figures have great heft to them, but over time the ankles are having trouble keeping the figures standing, and newer figures appear to have even weaker ankles. Would it be possible for the upcoming MOTU stands to include a clear adjustable waist clip so they can be posed without worry of the ankles giving out?

Matty: Flying stands will be available in early 2010 on MattyCollector.com!

Kastor: You stated recently on Facebook that when and if Panthor was made he would not be flocked. The basis for this decision was fan reaction during the Matty panel at SDCC. This seems like a very subjective way to gauge fan reaction is it possible to have a poll on Matty Collector to get a more official vote from the fans?

Matty: We will look at doing polls on MattyCollector.com, but we will also continue to let fans at SDCC vote. It’s what makes SDCC special.
    actionfigurepics.com

1. Zodak (pics and review) was the first “bonus” figure for the Masters of the Universe Classics line. Based on how he sold, what changes are you considering for bonus figures, if any? Do you have any update on combining bonus orders with Club Eternia subs so subscribers aren’t penalized with double shipping?

If the first few bonus figure do well, we will continue them into 2010. If they do not, figures that were bonus figures will just become standard monthly figures. You won’t be able to combine shipping on subscriptions and standard purchases, but once we gauge how bonus figures do, we will be able to include them in the 2011 subscription.

2. The MOTUC bios are really fun reading material. Who on the team is responsible for writing them, and what’s the process for it? Which bio is your favorite so far? Will we see different bio formats for other themes in the line like Princess of Power or Snakemen?

The bios are written by the marketing, design and packaging teams after hours and hours of research. Scareglow was one of the more fun bios to work on since he did not have that much history and the Horsemen came up with a great accessory which we wanted to work into his story.
    That New Toy Smell

1) If MOTUC is an overwhelming success would it be possible, down the line, to produce a Castle Grayskull?

It might take a movie year for that.

3) When Mekaneck comes, will the neck extending action feature still exist?

He will likely get a second head with interchangeable neck pieces.

5) Will we get a MOTUC Disco Skeletor?

We would only do this if there was a huge amount of fan demand. We’d rather put our energies into other figure choices since the original was not really a collector figure but more of a kid friendly repaint. Is this really something fans are looking for?
    Its all true

2. Mr. Rant asks: I liked the Goddess figure as shown at SDCC, but was disappointed when we saw the packaged sample was molded in a oddly colored translucent plastic. Are you able to discuss the reasons for this change? And can a normally painted Goddess be kept in mind for future reissues?

The translucent plastic was added to really make the figure pop and to further differentiate her from Teela which uses the same body and head sculpt. I think when you see it in person you’ll really love it!

5. Vault asks: I was recently fortunate enough to view the MOTU art book that a friend of mine purchased. On page 40 of the book, a design for He-Man I had never seen before was shown and I really want to know more about it. Can you or one of the Four Horsemen fill us in on the story behind this Armored He-Man?

As explained in the caption on page 41, these are prototype He-Man concepts from the Four Horsemen for the 2002 line.
    Poe Ghostal

5.) Barbecue17 asks: You have a policy of not discussing unannounced product, but you also have mentioned that once a figure has been announced there is little to no time for fan input. Is there any point in the life of a figure that fans have the ability to influence some aspect of a figure?

We listen very carefully to fan suggestions when reviewing new candidates for toy lines. If there is a figure you really want, post about it online or talk to us at conventions. Many times the figures with more online chatter wind up being produced sooner in the line.
    Figures.com

1) Are there any other Masters of the Universe Horde members slated for release in 2010?

We’d like to, but cannot comment on any figures beyond Moss Man until we see how the first few bonus figures do.

2) When will the packaging for Batlle Cat be revealed?

Likely by the end of the year.

3) Is there any updated news you can share with us regarding the MOTUC 2-packs? Would you consider releasing alter-ego sets like a Keldor/Skeletor or Prince Adam/He-Man 2-pack?

It is more likely the two packs will be army building figures while alter-egos would be great standard figures since most fans already have He-Man or Skeletor, and we don’t want to force fans to re-buy the same figure they own for a new figure.
    Great answer for Leech. 80's fans can get the action feature head, while others can get the staction head. It seems like this can answer Kobra Khan's head question too.

Nice try on that Horde question.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This isn't related to MOTUC, but this might be the fate of any chronic "pegwarming lines" or projects....

4. We were bummed to read that Animal Instincts will be the last DC Universe Classics 2-pack sold on Mattycollector.com for the foreseeable future. There’s a ton of buzz on it and the Color of Fear 2-packs, and DCUC is selling really well at retail. What was it about the Space Heroes and Battle for Earth 3 2-packs that you think caused them not to catch on as well as other DCUC products?

It is up to each collector to choose whether to purchase figures. In the end, the sets did not get enough support to continue them in 2010.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; November 2, 2009 at 05:48pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    That is cool about Leech! I'm glad. Extra heads are the best way to make both vintage and 200x people happy.

It seemed he really dodged the Panthor/ankle question though. I am glad to hear we're getting flying stands though. Those are so cool. And I just know his "vote at SDCC" will start a s@$% storm! :-)

I still don't get the whole, we have to wait and see on how well the bonus figures are going to do. I mean, EVERY figure has sold out. I don't care how you cut it. If every figure you release sells out then why is there even any debate!?

Quote Originally Posted by HordeFan View Post
    I still don't get the whole, we have to wait and see on how well the bonus figures are going to do. I mean, EVERY figure has sold out. I don't care how you cut it. If every figure you release sells out then why is there even any debate!?
    It matters because they want to know how much money they can ***** us for
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

So true! But for this line, I'm bending over. There isn't a MOTUC figure I WOULDN'T buy! Keep 'em coming!! 2 a month? Cool. 3? I'm on it.

It was also "announced" that the DCUC 2 packs will no longer be made. (Just an FYI) That's the first I heard of it and just thought I'd mention it.

Heroic Warrior
    Good point. But let's wait and see how Battle Cat goes and then return to this topic. We have now been told that Battle Cat is the benchmark. Any further delay in information about bonuses after then would be dishonest.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

So true! But for this line, I'm bending over. There isn't a MOTUC figure I WOULDN'T buy! Keep 'em coming!! 2 a month? Cool. 3? I'm on it.

It was also "announced" that the DCUC 2 packs will no longer be made. (Just an FYI) That's the first I heard of it and just thought I'd mention it.
    I am shocked they have not killed JLU yet to be honest, I mean the SDCC exclusive plus every single 4 pack since the online store launched

MOTU cannot stay in stock 3 weeks
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

I thought they had killed JLU. When was the last one released? Although I did see the Doom Patrol ad in Toyfare so I guess they're still releasing them. I just don't hear much about them.

From "That New Toy Smell":

1) If MOTUC is an overwhelming success would it be possible, down the line, to produce a Castle Grayskull?

It might take a movie year for that.

---

3) When Mekaneck comes, will the neck extending action feature still exist?

He will likely get a second head with interchangeable neck pieces.

---

We would only do this if there was a huge amount of fan demand. We’d rather put our energies into other figure choices since the original was not really a collector figure but more of a kid friendly repaint. Is this really something fans are looking for?
    http://tnts.dirtmound.com/article.ph...91102113101815

- Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

I thought they had killed JLU. When was the last one released? Although I did see the Doom Patrol ad in Toyfare so I guess they're still releasing them. I just don't hear much about them.
    2-3 months ago the Shazam family 4 pack was released, up next is Doom Patrol.

I would imagine there will be no more after Doom Patrol, I mean that is like 5 or 6 big sets not selling at that point.

Please god not
    Last edited by markatisu; November 2, 2009 at 01:23pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    There is a good chance we would do two heads on Leech to capture his vintage action feature face and his 2002 redesign look. But he is not planned for release quite yet!
    Regarding MOTUC, this is quite possibly the most tremendous waste of resources I've ever heard proposed.

The original Leech face is awful IMO, and was only such to facilitate the action feature.

If people wanted a more cartoon look, or specific poster or comic art version compared to the Staction, that'd be one thing.
    But asking for a Classic head is akin to asking for swap out legs for Ram Man.

Let's save the tooling dollars for more worthwhile endeavors, shall we?

While I kind of agree that the vintage head wasn't all that. I do think it's cool how they want to make everyone happy. 2 heads are better than 1, right?? :-)

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    Awesome plan to release 2 heads for figures like Leech!!!
    I'm very happy to hear that

3) Can you give us any info on the weapons packs? It was said that they would be seasonal but when do they start and when can we expect to get an idea of what kinds of things will be in them?

We are still working on weapons packs and are not ready to reveal details yet. When we do, we’ll make a big announcement.
    I can't wait for the big announcement!
    I'm really hoping for some extra:
    - He-Man repainted weapons for Skeletor in purple and for Faker in orange,
    - The weapons from Man-At-Arms in their original silver color!

Like you done for 2009: Could you say us how many MOTUC figures in 2010 are never been made before, never released as 200X and how many females could we get?
    Not quite yet. We do not yet know how many bonus figures we are doing in 2010, so it is hard to give a count right now. After we see how the first few figures, including Battlecat, perform we’ll have a better idea of what 2010 will look like.

Sounds like a great question to ask again in Februari 2010!!!
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

Nothing too exciting so far. The Mekaneck one has been asked so many times now. Ugh.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I would be surprised at any new "real" news at this time of the year. I would expect the real scoops to get out around Dec/Jan on the future releases. Its not so bad that we are at least getting Mossman. Its after him that I'm now curious about.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Nothing too exciting so far. The Mekaneck one has been asked so many times now. Ugh.
    And everytime I hope he gives a different answer because I don't like the one being given. Mekaneck will look so awful without an extending neck
    JOIN THE GREAT REBELLION - COLLECTOR'S CLUB TODAY!
    http://www.facebook.com/TGRClub

A big fan of Slush Head
    Boring answers. There is nothing interesting in this month's Q&As.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post

Great answer for Leech. 80's fans can get the action feature head, while others can get the staction head. It seems like this can answer Kobra Khan's head question too.
    that isnt how i see it. they wouldn't do a suction cup head. they would just do a head that LOOKS like the old head as tleast that is how i read it. however, it WOULD be easy to give him the suction cup head even though i never would put it on him.

however, khan is different since they really cant do a whole removable torso which is what you'd need to fit the pump mechanism for his spraying action. i am fine if they gave him a second head with the hood popped out and another w/o.

Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    Regarding MOTUC, this is quite possibly the most tremendous waste of resources I've ever heard proposed.

The original Leech face is awful IMO, and was only such to facilitate the action feature.

If people wanted a more cartoon look, or specific poster or comic art version compared to the Staction, that'd be one thing.

i agree
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post

Mattel has to make the hardcore vintage fanbase happy. Fans would flip if we didn't get the original vintage Leech head. After all, Leech without the suction cup mouth wouldn't be Leech. And yes, I'm being sarcastic.

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    that isnt how i see it. they wouldn't do a suction cup head. they would just do a head that LOOKS like the old head as tleast that is how i read it. however, it WOULD be easy to give him the suction cup head even though i never would put it on him.
    That's what I meant. We'd get a head with the suction cup in the front, only it wouldn't be a real suction cup.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; November 2, 2009 at 02:06pm.

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Court Magician
    The reason they arent going to commit to doing bonus figures is because they want to see if they make more money without them. Think about it this way... Mr. John Q. He-Man-fan has x amount of dollars to spend on MOTU figures every month. There is only one figure released every month so he throws all of his money at it and buys 6 figures. The next month, Mattel releases 2 figures. Production costs a Mattel are about 150% (totally undeducated estimate) of the previous month's. Mr. He-Man-fan still only has enough money for 6 figures. He now buys 3 of each. If mattel would have kept them at 1 per month, they would have still made the same amount per month but they could milk it for twice as long.

They are waiting to see how much the bonus figures affect the sales of the monthly figures as much as they are analyzing the sales of the bonus figures themselves. Why create competition for yourself?
    Last edited by Feezle; November 2, 2009 at 02:14pm.

GREAT news on Leech. I've been wondering about that one.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Mattel has to make the hardcore vintage fanbase happy. Fans would flip if we didn't get the original vintage Leech head. After all, Leech without the suction cup mouth wouldn't be Leech. And yes, I'm being sarcastic.

That's what I meant. We'd get a head with the suction cup in the front, only it wouldn't be a real suction cup.
    Mmmm... really? I don't think it would be very hard to make one head with an actual suction cup feature. I suspect it will be an actual suction cup.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    Mmmm... really? I don't think it would be very hard to make one head with an actual suction cup feature. I suspect it will be an actual suction cup.
    Wouldn't that be an action feature?

Heroic Warrior
    "but we will also continue to let fans at SDCC vote. It’s what makes SDCC special. "

And we reserve the right to change our minds regarding whatever the majority wants, as we see fit.

I hope they stick Leech's 200X staction head on him in the package, because I'd hate to have the vintage one on him in there, trapped in his plastic prison.
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I have to say, of all the answers given, to me the most disapointing was the one regarding Panthor and taking votes at SDCC.

It's not so much that I have a problem at the idea of a non-flocked Panthor (I would prefer he be flocked, but if he's not, bo biggie for me).

But, it just seems like the people at an SDCC panel or whatever are such a limited portion of the fanbase that what the vote skew in favor of may not truely represent the overall fanbase.

I know that no polling/voting method would be completely flawless, but I would think that having a poll on MattyCollector (possibly requiring people to log into their account to vote, so that it would help cut down on the same people voting over and over again), or here on He-Man.org, or something would be better. At least on the internet it's equal opportunity to vote. All it requires one to have is an internet connection and a computer (or some other device capable of accessing the internet and the sites needed), which is something that people need anyway just to order these figures.

I understand that want to do something special for the people at SDCC, but when it comes to voting for things that effect the line as a whole, it should be more open to fans everywhere.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

From figures.com

1) Are there any other Masters of the Universe Horde members slated for release in 2010?

We’d like to, but cannot comment on any figures beyond Moss Man until we see how the first few bonus figures do.

2) When will the packaging for Batlle Cat be revealed?

Likely by the end of the year.

3) Is there any updated news you can share with us regarding the MOTUC 2-packs? Would you consider releasing alter-ego sets like a Keldor/Skeletor or Prince Adam/He-Man 2-pack?

It is more likely the two packs will be army building figures while alter-egos would be great standard figures since most fans already have He-Man or Skeletor, and we don’t want to force fans to re-buy the same figure they own for a new figure.