Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone know how to restyle POP dolls to their original hairstyle???

Does anyone know how to restyle POP dolls to their original hairstyle???

Just what the title says! I'm looking for anyone who can get any of the POP dolls hair back to exactly (or VERY friggin close) to the way it originally was before whoever decided to take it apart! Thanks!
    ITEMS I'M LOOKING FOR MUST BE MOC -OR- IF LOOSE, MINT W/ ACCESS., THANKS!

*Spinnerella
    *BP SheRa
    *SP Catra (sword, gun, & mini comic only)
    *Royal Swift Wind (Dark-haired version)
    *Silver Storm's blanket
    *Kowl
    *Loo-Kee
    *Crystal Moonbeam
    *Crystal Sundancer
    *Crystal Falls
    *Crystal Castle
    *COMBS/BRUSHES!

***ALSO LOOKING FOR JEM DOLLS & ITEMS!!!***

This thread'll prolly get moved to the she-ra forum, but yeh Pop hair i've found rather annoying to style, their twisty heads dont help much. Basically, wash the hair first, condition it, get it in nice condition. Most of them have simple hairdo's anyway, just a pontytail, with a rubber band to hold it in place, thought there's exceptions of course. Who are you looking to restyle?

queen of ellipsis... LadyAngora's Avatar
    yep, i'd be willing to help! just let me know who you're trying to re-do, and i'll work on getting some instructions up!

- LadyAngora

She-Ra ToyGuide
    --------------
    So, would you ever want to be a model?
    No way. I mean, I want to lose weight, but not all of it. -- Jessi

I'd like to know some of these too, I've had a heckuva of a time with SS Catra and Mermista. Castaspella I gave a more original hairdo, I guess, but she doesn't have that swivel head, either.

To work on their hair, I usually pull the head off and place it on a pencil. It holds the head in place just like a hair stylist's mannequin. That way no swivelling!
    Could we get some Meteorbs, Please???!!!

opps!

Yeah, I was in the "Marketplace" that night I made this thread up, and forgot where I was when I did it. But it got moved, so no biggy. Anyway....

Yeah, some of the characters are pretty easy to do (i.e. Catra, Angella, SheRa) but...I'm talking about trying to restyle Mermista, Perfuma, and the part at the very top of Entraptas Hair. Those I have found very difficult to do. It's not just regular pigtails either, theres a whole bunch of parting the hair, twisting, and turning, and then making it STAY that way! It's really annoying sometimes! I still haven't managed to do it right.

But it's not just getting the main style together. I have a hard time trying to figure out how to get the root part the way it used to be before ever removing the original rubber band...you know, the part all around the head in general. It's so neat and tight and you don't see all the roots spread out so it looks like their are bald spots. That's also what I have no idea how to redo. It looked pretty simple when I first decided to try, but then actually doing it is a whole other story!

Anyway, that's my problem right now. Does anyone have any pictures of any hard-to-do hairstyls they've done on like Mermista, Perfum, etc. just to see how close they got to the original hairstyle??? (Just curious)

*Spinnerella
    *BP SheRa
    *Silver Storm's blanket
    *Kowl
    *Loo-Kee
    *Crystal Moonbeam
    *Crystal Sundancer
    *Crystal Falls
    *Crystal Castle
    *COMBS/BRUSHES!

here's my restyled pics:

they're darn close to the originals, but the rubberbands are not as tight, and are made of different stuff, so they won't decompose.
    - LadyAngora

She-Ra ToyGuide
    --------------

Quote Originally Posted by LadyAngora
    here's my restyled pics:

they're darn close to the originals, but the rubberbands are not as tight, and are made of different stuff, so they won't decompose.

Darn girl!!! That's REALLY GOOD!!! Wow, that must've taken you forever! Well, I assume that because I know I'm not the greatest with hair and just getting one side done would probably take me forever! Was it pretty hard for you to do?

Also, where on earth did you find those rubberbands?!? I have had sooooo much trouble trying to find the right type of rubberbands, but I can never find the light brown ones (like the originals) or the clear ones (like yours), especially that small. I have searched everywhere I can imagine they would have them, but I still haven't been able to find them!

Anyway, VERY cool styling! You really are an artist! Haha

*Spinnerella
    *BP SheRa
    *Silver Storm's blanket
    *Kowl
    *Loo-Kee
    *Crystal Moonbeam
    *Crystal Sundancer
    *Crystal Falls
    *Crystal Castle
    *COMBS/BRUSHES!

I managed to get some similar rubber bands at Wal-Mart, only they are colored and the package came with three different sizes. I'm kinda weird, so I put matching or corresponding bands in each girl's hair.

Perfuma has green and pink, Mermista green, Castaspella yellow, etc. Dolls like She-Ra and Catra I just put into a ponytail to keep their hair nice and straight.

But yes, I have to admire LadyAngora's handiwork. I am too scared to pull me dolls' heads off so the ones whose hair couldn't be redone--will stay that way.

[QUOTE=LeelooMinai]I managed to get some similar rubber bands at Wal-Mart, only they are colored and the package came with three different sizes. I'm kinda weird, so I put matching or corresponding bands in each girl's hair.

Yeah, I know exactly what type of bands you are talking about. I actually got those too some time ago, but I used them on something else. I've been trying to find the clear ones or light brown ones for the POP dolls...but it's been so hard for me to find!!! If anyone knows where I can find those stupid rubberbands, please let me know! Thanks!

*Spinnerella
    *BP SheRa
    *Silver Storm's blanket
    *Kowl
    *Loo-Kee
    *Crystal Moonbeam
    *Crystal Sundancer
    *Crystal Falls
    *Crystal Castle
    *COMBS/BRUSHES!

Might pay to have a look at a big craft store for them, or hobby store. They might carry that sorta thing.

hmmm, i got mine at walmart too. i wonder if they don't carry them anymore? i'll have to see if mine still has some and i'll pick up a bunch for whoever's interested if they still have any!

as for the styling, thanks! i personally do not like to take their heads off when styling... it's creepy somehow! lol! it took me a looong time to figure out mermista's and perfuma's, but now that i have it down, i'd be willing to restyle them for anyone who wants to ship me their heads! otherwise, i'll have to start making a how-to... what's the best way to do that for hair styling, i wonder?
    - LadyAngora

She-Ra ToyGuide
    --------------

Quote Originally Posted by LadyAngora
    hmmm, i got mine at walmart too. i wonder if they don't carry them anymore? i'll have to see if mine still has some and i'll pick up a bunch for whoever's interested if they still have any!

as for the styling, thanks! i personally do not like to take their heads off when styling... it's creepy somehow! lol! it took me a looong time to figure out mermista's and perfuma's, but now that i have it down, i'd be willing to restyle them for anyone who wants to ship me their heads! otherwise, i'll have to start making a how-to... what's the best way to do that for hair styling, i wonder?

Yeah, I've been looking to Wal Mart for those stupid rubber bands for like a year now. When I stop by the store to get what I need, I poke around to see if maybe they'll ever get any in, but I never find any. That's at several WalMarts too, so maybe they don't make them anymore, or it could just be the stores here. If you find any, be sure to get them and I'll take some off your hands! I've tried Hobby Lobby and various other craft stores, but no luck. I don't understand why I'm having so much trouble finding these darn things! VERY annoying...

That's actually what I kinda started this thread for in the first place. I was maybe trying to find someone trustworthy enough to maybe send the dolls or heads or whatever to get restyled since even if I sit down and try, I may just never get it or I don't have the time. But I might give it a better go at it and see what happens.

As far as instructions, it would probably be best to draw good pictures and brief instructions with each pic maybe? You know, like they do with hair coloring instructions and stuff like that. Hopefully your a good artist, so it won't be a problem. Anyway, any info would be great so I can try it out!

*Spinnerella
    *BP SheRa
    *Silver Storm's blanket
    *Kowl
    *Loo-Kee
    *Crystal Moonbeam
    *Crystal Sundancer
    *Crystal Falls
    *Crystal Castle
    *COMBS/BRUSHES!

You know, they might have some of those clear bands at a beauty store in the hairstyling aisles. It's worth a shot. I have a Sally Beauty Supply nearby if you'd like for me to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by LeelooMinai
    You know, they might have some of those clear bands at a beauty store in the hairstyling aisles. It's worth a shot. I have a Sally Beauty Supply nearby if you'd like for me to check it out.

You know, I never thought of that for some odd reason. There are tons of those stores all over this town, and one is actually right down the road. Just watch...all this time I've been looking for those bands and I'll bet I find them there...the closest place to my house at that! Hopefully I do find them there because I'm tired of looking...

*Spinnerella
    *BP SheRa
    *Silver Storm's blanket
    *Kowl
    *Loo-Kee
    *Crystal Moonbeam
    *Crystal Sundancer
    *Crystal Falls
    *Crystal Castle
    *COMBS/BRUSHES!

found 'em.

ok, so i found lots of these rubberband things at my dollar store... anyone want me to pick some up for them? they come in a package of like, 300 or something, and there are clear ones and black ones in the same package. or they come in super multicolored packs so you could have different colors for each doll.

let me know if you are interested and i can get them for you this weekend! they run $1.00 a piece... add a little for shipping, and they're yours!

hope this helps out...
    - LadyAngora

She-Ra ToyGuide
    --------------

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Does anyone have a step-by-step guide on how to restyle their hair please?

I'm just starting to collect the vintage She-Ra line. So far i have Double Trouble, Starburst She-Ra, Scratchin' Sound Catra and Bubble Power She-Ra. Their hair OK, but the Castaspella's and Frosta's I've seen are shocking, it looks like they've put their fingers in plug sockets.

so I would appreciate any help that anyone could give me, and i literally meant step-by-step - I'm not good with hair

Thankyou
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Snappy Threader
    I'm running into this too with my old back in the day collection. I just pulled them from their 20 year attic slumber and some are in perfect shape and some have lost their wits.

double trouble is easy, her hair is just loose. most people end up putting it in a single braid and rubber-banding the bottom.
    dtrouble.gif

scratchin' sound catra, and castaspella are also easy, their hair was in a side ponytail rubber-band at the top and another at the bottom. (the bottom rubber-band may be optional...)
    sscatra.gif casta.gif

frosta's hair was just in a simple single ponytail. rubber-band only at the top, not also at the bottom.

as for starburst she-ra and bubble power she-ra: they had their hair split in 3 sections. a small bit on top, and two equal side pieces. the two equal side pieces are twist-braided and rubber-banded at the bottom. the top piece is gathered into a small ponytail, rubber-banded at the very top.
    hair.gif

i will try to post more pictures soon, but in the mean time, hope this helps!
    - LadyAngora

She-Ra ToyGuide
    --------------

Quote Originally Posted by LadyAngora View Post
    double trouble is easy, her hair is just loose. most people end up putting it in a single braid and rubber-banding the bottom.
    dtrouble.gif

scratchin' sound catra, and castaspella are also easy, their hair was in a side ponytail rubber-band at the top and another at the bottom. (the bottom rubber-band may be optional...)
    sscatra.gif casta.gif

frosta's hair was just in a simple single ponytail. rubber-band only at the top, not also at the bottom.

as for starburst she-ra and bubble power she-ra: they had their hair split in 3 sections. a small bit on top, and two equal side pieces. the two equal side pieces are twist-braided and rubber-banded at the bottom. the top piece is gathered into a small ponytail, rubber-banded at the very top.
    hair.gif

i will try to post more pictures soon, but in the mean time, hope this helps!
    Yes it does, thankyou :-)

But what if it's all tangled when I get them, do I need to wash it or anything and the condition it?

if it's tangled due to goop or something stuck in the hair, you will need to wash it. just use regular soap; since the hair is plastic, it doesn't need people shampoo or anything. some goop is really, really hard to get out. sometimes working with the hair dry is easier, sometimes when it's wet. so it will depend on the type of goop involved. mostly, it just takes time and patience!

if it's just tangled up hair, start at the ENDS of the hair and brush that... then start a bit higher and brush that, and so on, until you're brushing from the top. it never hurts to bathe them first anyway, just to start fresh. i think all of mine got a thorough washing before their restyling!

let me know if there are other questions! i'd love to see your final product when they're all styled up! take some before-and-after shots!
    - LadyAngora

She-Ra ToyGuide
    --------------

Quote Originally Posted by LadyAngora View Post
    if it's tangled due to goop or something stuck in the hair, you will need to wash it. just use regular soap; since the hair is plastic, it doesn't need people shampoo or anything. some goop is really, really hard to get out. sometimes working with the hair dry is easier, sometimes when it's wet. so it will depend on the type of goop involved. mostly, it just takes time and patience!

if it's just tangled up hair, start at the ENDS of the hair and brush that... then start a bit higher and brush that, and so on, until you're brushing from the top. it never hurts to bathe them first anyway, just to start fresh. i think all of mine got a thorough washing before their restyling!

let me know if there are other questions! i'd love to see your final product when they're all styled up! take some before-and-after shots!
    Thankyou, i will once i receive. how on earth did you get Perfuma's hair like that? It's stunning

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-Ra View Post
    Thankyou, i will once i receive. how on earth did you get Perfuma's hair like that? It's stunning
    haha! thank you! ...a lot of patience, trial, and error! hopefully the pictures earlier in this thread of perfuma's hair front and back will help you get the same look for yours!
    - LadyAngora

She-Ra ToyGuide
    --------------

Hero of Fabulous Secrets
    So I'm reviving this thread.

Does anyone have a step by step on how to restore Spinnerella or Sweet Bees hair?

Just received my spinnerella loose! Washed her hair TWICE to try get the rubber band goop out. I've made progress.... but it's still there!! Never thought i'd be washing a silly dolls hair but spinnerella, you're worth it