Thread: Fright Zone Puppet - Ways to repair it?

Fright Zone Puppet - Ways to repair it?

Ive just got my Fright Zone down and noticed its starting to split in many places that wasnt there before, is there any way of stopping it split anymore?

Maybe try glueing it from the inside, using a bike tyre repair kit?

I've never tried it cos mine's okay, but it might work?

I stuffed mine with news paper years ago and mine doesnt crack that way. When he is round he isnt flat and wont crack that way. And it looks better on display (she ra is hanging out of the puppet like shes getting ate)

i had it stuffed with news paper one time and took it out for some reason and then it must of started cracking...

I have cushion/soft toy stuffing in mine. It's pretty cheap and it's not as stiff as news paper.
    You can buy it at Big W or Spotlight.

I've bought my Fright Zone just recently. The puppet is perfect. I've been searching eBay for a while to find one this good. I stuffed it with cotton wool, it looks amazing.

Try patching it up with cement.

thanks for the tips guys, appreciate it, and ill check out the cotton stuffing oz-scott cheers

How I Fixed My Fright Zone Puppet

Last night I decided to try and fix my Fright Zone puppet.

My cousin took my original puppet as a kid growing up so it really sucked not having a puppet for my Fright Zone. I won an auction for a Terror Claw Skeletor awhile back and in the background of the picture was a corner of the puppet. I asked the guy about it and he said it was in such bad shape that he'd just include it in the auction. Sweet! I got it and it was totally jacked. It was split and cracked all the way down the top and bottom. The top of the head was all spit too. A true case of dry rot.

So last night I needed to take a break from doing some freelance work and thought I'd try and fix it. I wish I had taken some before pictures, but to be honest, I really didn't think it would turn out as good as it did.

So what I did was start off by turning the puppet inside out. Wherever there was a split or crack I placed black electrical tape to keep both sides together. Where there were the big, complete splits I put the tape on one side of the tear and would then match up and walk the other side into place on the tape and press firmly. Since the tears were huge, I worked in small increments and not to try and do the whole tear in one piece of tape. It get kind of tricky when I got the head of it since not every tear was a straight one.

I stuffed it with some tissue paper and I think it turned out great. Yeah you can't get too close to it, but it looks good from across the table. The black of the tape that sometimes comes through is not that noticeable. Now at least I have a functional Fright Zone puppet!

I didn't snap any pictures of it last night, but when I get home I will take some to share. Hope this helps anyone with a similar problem.

Heroic Warrior kylefromdirtnapp's Avatar
    I stuffed mine also, displays nicely. I wonder how you prevent the dry-rot/cracking in the first place? Mine's in great shape, and I'd like to keep it that way.
    I'm going to stop collecting toys and start smoking crack. Crack is cheaper and less addictive.
    My collections and trade/sale stuff

I'd almost say oiling it might not be a bad idea (don't hold me responsible if oil kills your puppet!!! )... like with mineral oil or summat.

I wish I still had my Fright Zone... one of many things I have to reclaim...

Can't wait to see some pictures of how it came out!
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Here it is.

Should display nicely, it's better than nothing.

The top seam/tear was really bad and dry.

Bottom seam/tear doesn't look too bad.

It's not the prettiest, but she's mine and that's all I got

At least the tears are now stable and I can display it, otherwise it was just two flat sheets of torn rubber.

Hope someone can use this as a way to fix their puppet.

Cool idea.

And much like one of the posts above...my snake has been lucky all these years. Especially when I think about how poorly it was treated in my childhood. I hope it holds up and wish I knew some preventative steps to take to keep it together.
    We need to let our new friends at Super 7 know that many of us are ALL IN COLLECTORS. We don't want products that are impossible for the average collector to have access to! If there is a He-man product, I want to buy it. Please no chases or con-only exclusives.

Make your voice heard! We DO want Snake Mountain!

lol...awesome that you posted this... after getting mine out of my parents' storage and discovering it too had dry-cracked, i did the EXACT SAME THING exactly as you described to display mine... and, it looks almost exactly the same now. lol. yeah, not perfect upclose, but displays pretty well. funny. great minds or something? lol.
    -kevin

Battle-Scared Fright Zone Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    lol...awesome that you posted this... after getting mine out of my parents' storage and discovering it too had dry-cracked, i did the EXACT SAME THING exactly as you described to display mine... and, it looks almost exactly the same now. lol. yeah, not perfect upclose, but displays pretty well. funny. great minds or something? lol.
    -kevin
    That is too funny, great minds do think alike. Glad you got yours to work too.

I like the idea of the Battle-Scared Fright Zone Puppet.

Widget

Fright Zone Snake repair?

Hey Everyone,

I recently bought a Fright Zone set that has the snake puppet. Like many, i'm sure, mine has tears in the rubber.

Actually, mine basicly has a single rip running up the bottom of the snake from end almost to the jaw, there are parts where it's still connected but its basicly one long tear running the length of the bottom of the puppet.

I was wondering what the best way to repair it. I was thinking of using Sobo glue, but realized i might have to tape it from the inside and then apply the glue on the tear to hold it together while it dries.

Any thoughts or help on the subject would be great.

regards
    Joshua

Hi and welcome to the boards. At the top of each forum, there is an option to search the forum you are in. Please learn that feature, as it's really helpful. There are already threads on repairing the Fright Zone puppet. For your convenience, I've linked to a couple below.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ht=fright+zone

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ht=fright+zone

Thought I'd bump this old thread as I've just fixed a REALLY split up snake puppet. I used the same method of turning it inside-out but instead of electrical tape, I bought a length of thin black latex rubber. Pretty much the same stuff that the puppet is made of. I then used a water based glue designed for sticking rubber and vinyl together. I then worked my way around the entire inside out surface of the puppet essentially giving it a 2nd rubber skin. It's turned out really well considering the state it was in. I'll post some pics when I get a chance.

Widget

frightzone puppet

hi new guy so sorry if this is a stupid question. my frightzone puppet has some cracks in it (I know it is old but would like to hang on to it) do you guys seal em with superglue? thanks all.

Welcome. I've never fixed one before, but if I had to I would clean the inside very well with soap and water, then alcohol (dry wipe it too) then use blue tape on the outside to close the gap, (If possible turn in inside out), and put ShoeGoo over each crack with at least 1 half inch overlap. Put it on thick right over the crack then taper it to almost nothing 1 half inch away around the crack (1 inch total). Let the ShoeGoo setup, (turn in right side in) then let the glue dry, then remove the blue tape from the outside.

https://www.target.com/bp/shoe+goo

Widget
    I'll give it a shot. Thank you very much