Thread: Is Filmation MOTU and POP the Best?

Heroic Warrior

Is Filmation MOTU and POP the Best?

I think the character designs, especially He-man and She-ra are the most stunning. They're absolutely gorgeous!
    Last edited by teela-n; January 29, 2016 at 12:32am.

Quote Originally Posted by teela-n View Post
    I think the character designs, especially He-man and She-ra are the most stunning. They're absolutely gorgeous!http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/16/01...16dd955039.jpg
    I absolutely agree!
    How do you like that, hero!

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    Those Hanna Barbera - Filmation days were the best, for quality original story creation.

Great animators come to mind, like Tom Cook..

Heroic Warrior
    The 80s were the best! Almost everything was better in the 80s. Cartoons, movies, television, music, comics, etc. Once the 90s came, it felt like almost everything went downhill, became less epic. Most cartoons post 80s look like they were drawn by elementary school students, even Disney. I blame Batman: TAS, 90s Disney, and Cartoon Network.

Personally I prefer to worship the show itself , not the multiple dozens of wage slaves all slacking off in their own little cubicles , each contributing a minor bit part and easily replaced if they gave attitude. Their heads of course swelling bigger as each year passes .

I dont deny its was a great show and test tube bred for the 80,s when Star Wars , Conan and Invincible roid monsters like Rambo and Terminator ruled . MOTU is literally a Conan / Starwars mashed potato . Mattel and Filmation fed the public what they wanted .

I am a teeny bit disappointed to find out years later that Teela came from Flash Gordon and He man,s daddy was John Black Star . Best Yes but original , No . More a second or third generation evolved .

That said it was great being a kid in the 80,s . Buy toy and see toy come to life on TV . MOTU was also one heck of a step up from Maya the Bee , yearling and the green forest . My only regret is not buying more toys .
    The nu kids in town Thundercats , Bionic six and Dino Riders were competing for my attentions .
    MOTU and POP transformed my childhood years to gold

The shows were great. I love the animation when it's in motion. But when I look at still images or even figures or statutes based on Filmation, I'm always a bit blah on it. I'm more excited by the toy designs in that case. But the show as a dynamic whole is fantastic.
    Last edited by Lich Leech; January 29, 2016 at 04:21pm.

Heroic Warrior

Filmation had the best backgrounds:
    They created whole worlds with hand-drawn, detailed backgrounds panning across the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by teela-n View Post
    Filmation had the best backgrounds:
    They created whole worlds with hand-drawn, detailed backgrounds panning across the screen.
    That's a great point

Heroic Warrior

The Filmation music was the best! The choreography was amazing. And Filmation had humor, which made the show not too serious even though Etheria was under the boot of the Horde, and Adora could not go home to Eternia.

It is my favorite version of MOTU, but I like the others as well. I've had the Filmation CD in my car for about 6 months.

Heroic Warrior
    Love is what makes Filmation the best. This is love:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=Wc7Q5kybPeQ
    and 80's creativity. Filmation was the best team ever assembled. It's amazing what they did, working together, and working with Mattel.

Heroic Warrior

This is why Filmation He-man and She-ra are my favorite:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3yfYetkMLPM
    I never lose the awe and wonder when they transform. I always get the chills after all these years. I watch the episodes just to see them transform. I never get tired of it. They're spectacular!