Thread: Looking for Suggestions for a new Vintage Collector

Widget

Looking for Suggestions for a new Vintage Collector

Hey gang, I'm looking for tips on collecting vintage MOTU. My mom threw out my whole collection when I was a kid and all I'm really looking to regain is a loose, complete vintage He-Man and Battle Cat. Aparently I missed the numerous commemorative editions.

Going on ebay brings up thousands of results to sort through that are regularly changing. There aren't any vintage toy stores near me within 100 miles. Flea markets in my area seem to be restricted to antiques.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Palidor View Post
    Hey gang, I'm looking for tips on collecting vintage MOTU. My mom threw out my whole collection when I was a kid and all I'm really looking to regain is a loose, complete vintage He-Man and Battle Cat. Aparently I missed the numerous commemorative editions.

Going on ebay brings up thousands of results to sort through that are regularly changing. There aren't any vintage toy stores near me within 100 miles. Flea markets in my area seem to be restricted to antiques.

Any tips would be appreciated.
    Start with this list so you know what toys came with what accessories.

http://www.he-man.org/collecting/toycollection.php?id=1

Often if you're patient you can get good deals in auctions as opposed to buy it now. I would say be patient and get loose toys that are in good condition (not damaged, good paint condition) with all their accessories. Most of the most well known figures can be had relatively cheaply. A good He-Man and Skeletor will be more expensive, despite I assume having been made in higher quantities. But there are a lot of vintage figures in good condition that shouldn't cost you more than $12-$15 each.

The figures that came out later in the line tend to be more expensive (like Sorceress, King Randor)

you might want to join some buy/sell/trade facebook groups, but be careful. look into the person you are doing a deal with and always send money through paypal as "goods/services" never never friends and family.