Thread: OUR Favourite Vintage Figure

customizer of greyskull nightwing.'s Avatar

OUR Favourite Vintage Figure

I thought I would post a new thread here so we can keep track of the results from the different rounds from 'Our Favourite Vintage Figure' choices & keep all the results here in one thread.

So for anyone who has not heard about this yet here is a recap of my plan to find out who we as fans chose as our favourite vintage figure…..

There are so many of the vintage figures which I love for various reasons & this got me thinking that everyone must have their own reasons why a particular figure is their personal favourite. They could be nostalgic reasons that bring you back to fond childhood memories or simply because you like the look of that particular figure. Or maybe you liked their action features & accessories.

I then thought it would be cool if we all could vote for our own favourite figure & see who the fans think is the ultimate figure from the 80’s.
    It will be interesting to see if it will be a Heroic Warrior, a member of the Great Rebellion, an Evil Warrior, one of the Snake Men or a member of the Evil Horde.

With some helpful advice from He-bro we thought the best & most fun way to do this would be to post a number of polls over the next few weeks were we can all choose which figures are worthy of progressing to the final poll were we end up choosing the winning figure.

There are 93 figures in total & the maximum number of figures I can fit into one poll is 35. This means I am going to split the polls up into rounds. I have listed below how the rounds will be worked out during the course of the next few weeks….

Round 1
    In this round we have all 93 figures split up into 3 polls consisting of 31 figures each (figures for these 3 polls will be selected in a random order).
    In each poll you will vote for which figures you want to see go through to round 2. (You can vote on multiple figures.)
    To do this I will select the figures with the most votes from each poll.
    21 figures from poll 1
    21 figures from poll 2
    22 figures from poll 3
    This means that 64 figures will be going through to round 2.

Round 2
    This round will have the 64 winners from round 1 split up into 2 polls consisting of 32 figures each (these figures will be selected in a new random order).
    Again you will select from these 2 polls which figures you want to go through to round 3.
    16 figures from poll 1 & 16 figures from poll 2 will be selected. This means that 32 figures will be going through to round 3

Round 3
    This round will have the 32 winners from round 2 listed in 1 poll.
    You will then vote for the 16 figures you would like to see go through to round 4.

Round 4
    This round will have the 16 winners from round 3 listed in 1 poll.
    You will then vote for the 8 figures you would like to see go through to round 5.

Round 5
    This round will have the 8 winners from round 4 listed in 1 poll.
    You will then vote for the 4 figures you would like to see go through to the semi final.

Semi final
    Here we will have the 4 winners from round 5 listed in 1 poll. You will then vote for the 2 figures you want to go through to the final.

Final
    In the final we will have the remaining 2 figures. Now it is time for you to vote for the ultimate vintage figure.

I hope that all made sense, it probably sounds more complicated than it actually is.

I really want this to be fun for all of us so please feel free to comment below on which figure is your favourite & why. Feel free to attach images of your favourite figures etc.
    Even if you want to start campaigns to try to help your favourite figure win, that would be cool too.

I just ask that we all do this in a positive & friendly manner & respect everyone’s figure choices. We all have figures we love & figures we are not so keen on. As the saying goes “If we were all the same, the World would be a very boring place”.

So I think it’s about time we got this thing started. Here are the entries for ‘Round 1 Poll 1’

The Poll for 'Round 1 Poll 1' is now up & running so please vote for the figures you would like to see go through to round 2.

Here is a direct link to the poll for anyone who is having problems finding it http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...Vintage-Figure

So far only 14 people have voted but the poll ends on Friday so there is still plenty of time. Please help spread the word because if more of us vote the better chance we will have of getting an accurate result.

I will list the results here on Friday once the first poll ends.

- - - Updated - - -

Round 1 Poll 1 has ended & the results are in…..

photo round 1 poll 1 results.jpg

All the un-shaded figures in the image above will be going through to round 2.

Unfortunately this means we will be saying goodbye to…

Buzz Saw Hordak
    Snout Spout
    Mermista
    Rotar
    She-Ra
    Kowl
    Blade
    Scratchin' Sound Catra
    Twistoid
    Glimmer

He-Man came out top of this poll with 18 votes.

& here are some of the comments members left on how they made their choices...

Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    I never thought of Rattlor as one of my favorites but damn if I didn't head butt about a million heroes with his spring action. He got a vote.

Webstor probably had my favorite toy mechanism ever - until his string broke or tangled 30 minutes after I opened him. This is why I have distinct memories of buying three Webstors.

Stinkor. Enough said.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Spikor has always been one of my top figures. I wish he had a better voice in the cartoon. He-Man, Trap Jaw, and Horde Trooper were also some of the other ones I voted for.
    Quote Originally Posted by crimhead View Post
    Some of my favourites here:

• Kobra Khan - countless trips to the faucet the day I opened that guy!
    • Buzzsaw Hordak - One of the figures I never had but who looked super fun. I'm surprised he got so few votes.
    • Horde Trooper - also never had one but also looked fun.
    • Trap Jaw - one of the best actkon figues ever made.
    • Webstor - he was a total bad-ass for a day or two till he fell down (mid-climb) and broke his armour. He was a total loser ever since, but I'll never forget his glory.
    • Roboto- robots and MOTU were two of the the coolest two things when you were 8 years old in 1985.
    • Stinkor - Stinkiness was the third coolest thing.

I did like Spikor too! But it looks like I'm one of the two people who didn't vote for He-Man. Partially this is because I just prefer the bad guys. I let my younger brother get all the good guys! Also, while I wanted MOTU since the first tv ad, we didn't actually get any for a couple years, and basic He-Man is a wave-1 figure we never got. That's my excuse, how about the other hold-out?

Finally, who voted for Snout Sprout?

Edit - actually I think I might have voted for Elephant Man. In my defense, only our bottom 10 got cut, so we had to keep more than we tossed. I just picked up Dumbo last week, having never owned him, so I guess he's kind of a novelty at the moment too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lando452 View Post
    Trap Jaw hands down the best figure, but I have a love Battle armor Skeletor too.

Next up is Round 1 Poll 2 & here are the entries…

photo round 1 poll 2.jpg

Here is a direct link to Round 1 Poll 2 were you can select the next 21 figures you would like to go through to round 2...http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...go-into-round2

Please spread the word if you know anyone who would be interested in taking part.

- - - Updated - - -

Round 1 Poll 2 ends tonight so please don't forget to vote.

- - - Updated - - -

Round 1 Poll 2 has now ended & the results are in....

photo round 1 poll 2 results.jpg

Unfortunately this means we will be saying goodbye to...

Loo Kee
    Wun-Dar
    Double-Trouble
    castaspella
    Starburst She-Ra
    Bow
    Netossa

Skeletor came top of this poll with 19 votes

4 figures came joint 21st place in this poll so they will all go automatically through to round 2.
    This now means that 21 figures will be selected from this weeks poll (Round 1 Poll 3) to go through to round 2 instead of 22.

Here are some of the comments members left on how they made their choices...
    Quote Originally Posted by crimhead View Post
    I voted for all three Skeletors - he's an old favourite and the original hook for me. But if I had to choose I think King Hiss might be my all time favourite - fantastic transformation, the last new evil boss, and possibly the last new figure I opened. And I love the Snake Men! Tung Lashor is not only a Snake Man, but has the best colour scheme going.

Jitsu is another all time favourite. I wasn't aware he existed until I saw him on the shelf, and I was overjoyed! I had previously thought Fisto's super punch was borderline unfair (in retrospect, swords and guns might be more effective). Now here was a figure who not only countered Fisto, but trumped him with a golden hand (gold > silver) and brought the coolness of martial arts to MOTU. He was an instant champion.

Thunder Punch He-Man was a favourite too. My brother and I just loved caps. Also He-Man was impossible to find (we had to use Prince Adam), so he was our first actual He-Man. Ours doesn't work anymore (not enough force from the spring-waist, needs an extra push), so I'm probably going to grab a good one from a local hobby store.

Fun polls! Looks like not much love for the POPs. . I've been voting for the She-Ras, but once Super7 gets rolling with the Filmation style MOTU size remakes, the old off scale POPs will be more or less obsoleted for me, along with their hair brushes and fashion accessories. I did vote for Loo Kee too!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    Tri-Klops with the story that came with his mini-comic (pre-filmation for me) has been one top three favorite figures I ever owned.

Next up Is Round 1 Poll 3 & here are the entries...

photo round 1 poll 3.jpg

Here is a direct link to Round 1 Poll 3 were you can select the next 21 figures you would like to go through to round 2...http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...Vintage-Figure
    Last edited by nightwing.; March 3, 2017 at 10:45pm.

This game looks somewhat complicated to me.
    Try to reach inside of me, try to drain my energy
    Let me show you just what I'm made of
    Simple curiosity trying to take a bite of me
    Let me show you just what I'm made of now...

Quote Originally Posted by Neophron View Post
    This game looks somewhat complicated to me.
    It looks more complicated than it actually is. I basically put up a poll each weekend & you vote for your favourite figures in that poll. Thats all there is to it
    Here is the link to this weeks poll http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...Vintage-Figure

Totally Dyslexic
    My guess is in the end itīs going to be He-Man, Skeletor or Beast-man ?

But i like this kind of polls.

I still donīt get why Mermista is already cut but hey... thatīs life
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Hawke *Pebb-Liss(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    My guess is in the end itīs going to be He-Man, Skeletor or Beast-man ?

But i like this kind of polls.

I still donīt get why Mermista is already cut but hey... thatīs life
    Yea He-Man & Skeletor both came first in their Polls so it will be interesting to see how they do in the upcoming rounds. It will also be interesting to see who comes out top in this weeks poll, this one seems to be a lot more evenly spaced.

I was completely gutted to see Mermista go out in the first poll too. She was always my favourite figure as a child & still is, due to strong sentimental reasons. oh well... as you say "that's life".

I was also surprised to see that poor She-Ra didn't do very well either. There really is not a lot of love for the POP figures here. It looks like only a few of them will be making it into round 2 & the rest will be leaving us in round 1

Well the main reason I started this was to find out who us fans feel is the ultimate vintage figure so it will still be cool to see how the polls unfold over the next few weeks.

I would also love to hear more of the fans stories as to why they have a particular favourite figure. I guess its still early days though, so maybe a lot of members have not seen the polls yet. But it has been great seeing the fans choices so far

Totally Dyslexic
    Quote Originally Posted by nightwing. View Post
    Yea He-Man & Skeletor both came first in their Polls so it will be interesting to see how they do in the upcoming rounds. It will also be interesting to see who comes out top in this weeks poll, this one seems to be a lot more evenly spaced.

I was completely gutted to see Mermista go out in the first poll too. She was always my favourite figure as a child & still is, due to strong sentimental reasons. oh well... as you say "that's life".

I was also surprised to see that poor She-Ra didn't do very well either. There really is not a lot of love for the POP figures here. It looks like only a few of them will be making it into round 2 & the rest will be leaving us in round 1

Well the main reason I started this was to find out who us fans feel is the ultimate vintage figure so it will still be cool to see how the polls unfold over the next few weeks.

I would also love to hear more of the fans stories as to why they have a particular favourite figure. I guess its still early days though, so maybe a lot of members have not seen the polls yet. But it has been great seeing the fans choices so far
    POP Vintage figures are considered dolls and thatīs why they have no chance against the MOTU figures and thatīs okay by me. Everyone has their own taste and i can say i donīt like some stuff either. As a child i didnīt wanted Netossa or Spinnerella.
    I didnīt like all the fabric they were covered in and my child(ish) brain didnīt understand how a black woman had straight blue hair instead of a dark curly hair while my favorite figure had been Peekablue and we all know how often we see natural green colored hair
    I can say i wasnīt the most open minded kid

My first POP figure had been Angela she was pin, she had wings. What can i say and i loved the action packed mini comic she came with.

But i never forget the day i got Mermista, i even know the toy store and where it was. Having a mermaid as action figure that blew my mind and i ran into the bathroom and played with her there for quite some time.

I canīt tell why Peekablue is my favorite but she simply is. The odd thing is, i donīt even like the color green that much.

When it comes to MOTU Teela was my favorite and i know i played so much with her that i broke at least two of them and my parents had to replace her for me.
    Evil Lyn was fun as well but i didnīt like that her figure had no cape. So my mother made a cape for her and i remember she wore it all the time from that day on.

Maybe Val could promote the polls on the main page? You should send him a PM.
    Last edited by Niki; March 10, 2017 at 05:37pm.
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Hawke *Pebb-Liss(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Trap Jaw wins.
    by far the best figure and my personal favorite
    Skeletor, if there's a good bone in you, send help!
    There isn't! Never has been, never will be.

POP Vintage figures are considered dolls and thatīs why they have no chance against the MOTU figures and thatīs okay by me. Everyone has their own taste and i can say i donīt like some stuff either. As a child i didnīt wanted Netossa or Spinnerella.
    I didnīt like all the fabric they were covered in and my child(ish) brain didnīt understand how a black woman had straight blue hair instead of a dark curly hair while my favorite figure had been Peekablue and we all know how often we see natural green colored hair
    I can say i wasnīt the most open minded kid

My first POP figure had been Angela she was pin, she had wings. What can i say and i loved the action packed mini comic she came with.

But i never forget the day i got Mermista, i even know the toy store and where it was. Having a mermaid as action figure that blew my mind and i ran into the bathroom and played with her there for quite some time.

I canīt tell why Peekablue is my favorite but she simply is. The odd thing is, i donīt even like the color green that much.

When it comes to MOTU Teela was my favorite and i know i played so much with her that i broke at least two of them and my parents had to replace her for me.
    Evil Lyn was fun as well but i didnīt like that her figure had no cape. So my mother made a cape for her and i remember she wore it all the time from that day on.

Maybe Val could promote the polls on the main page? You should send him a PM.
    Skeletor was my first ever MOTU figure when I was a kid & was the reason I got into He-Man in the first place. I actually started collecting the figures before I even watched the cartoon. So I guess I have that figure to thank for my interest & love for the whole franchise.

alongside Skeletor, Mermista is my other favourite figure. I collected the MOTU figures as a kid which then lead me to watching the cartoons. Then one year i seen the Christmas special. For some reason I thought Mermista was such a great character, I guess it was the whole under water thing. I didnt even know a figure of her existed until one day I spotted her in our local toy shop. I couldnt believe my eyes, they actually made a figure of this character I loved. It was coming up to my Birthday so I asked my parents If I could have her, they answered with a very abrupt "NO". I remember being so gutted. But my Grandparents found out & the next day they went out & bought her for me as a surprise. I was so chuffed that I actually owned her as part of my collection & because of the way I got her it meant I took extra care of her. She is one of the few figures in my collection now that is the actual figure from my childhood. she has such sentimental value to me as my grandparents are no longer with us but she is one of those amazing childhood memories I will never forget.

Another one of my favourites was Hurricane Hordak, I never owned the original Hordak figure when I was a kid but I did have Hurricane Hordak. So I guess because of that he always feels like the 'proper' Hordak figure to me, but I guess that's just a personal thing. I remember me & my brother used to love putting other figures in his attachment which had the 4 blades & making Hordak spin them above his head

Thanks for the suggestion about contacting Val, I will definitely try that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lando452 View Post
    Trap Jaw wins.
    by far the best figure and my personal favorite
    Brilliant choice. I know Trap Jaw has a massive fan base. I have to admit I never owned him as a kid but I have him now as part of my collection & he is a fantastic figure.

- - - Updated - - -

Round 1 Poll 3 has now ended & the results are in....

photo round 1 poll 3 results.jpg

Sweet Bee
    Frosta
    Angella
    Spinnerella
    Gwildor
    Perfuma

Buzz-Off came top of this poll with 14 votes

5 figures came joint 21st place in this poll so they will all go automatically through to round 2.

So Here is a recap of all the figures who survived round 1 & will now be heading into to round 2...

photo Round 1 results.jpg

I fill be posting the first poll for round 2 shortly.

The 70 entries for round 2 have now been placed into 2 polls (selected at random)

Round 2 Poll 1 has now been posted So here are the entries...

photo round 2 poll 1.jpg

& here is a direct link to the poll were you can select 16 of these figures you would like to see go through to round 3 http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...Vintage-Figure
    Last edited by nightwing.; March 11, 2017 at 06:35am.

Totally Dyslexic
    WOHOOOO!

Peekablue survived the first round as did Flutterina and just for you guys to remember these two are the ones who decided to stay on Eternia as part of the Masters of the Universe in MOTUC canon.

WOHOOOO!

Peekablue survived the first round as did Flutterina and just for you guys to remember these two are the ones who decided to stay on Eternia as part of the Masters of the Universe in MOTUC canon.
    I never thought of that. cool!

Totally Dyslexic
    Quote Originally Posted by nightwing. View Post
    I never thought of that. cool!
    I know, iīm a little trivia geek!

I know, iīm a little trivia geek!
    Thats never a bad thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Round 2 Poll 1 has now ended & the results are in....

photo round 2 poll 1 results_1.jpg

All the un-shaded figures in the image above will be going through to round 3.

Sssqueeze
    Blast Attack
    Bubble power She-Ra
    Buzz-Off
    Saurod
    Evil-Lyn
    Entrapta
    Clamp Champ
    Laser Light Skeletor
    Shower Power Catra
    Rokkon
    Multibot
    Teela
    King Hisss
    Orko
    Flying Fists He-Man
    Snake Face
    Terror Claws Skeletor
    Ninjor

Tri-Klops & Modulok came joint first in this poll with 12 votes each

Unfortunately we only 16 members vote in this poll so it looks like people are starting to lose interest, or maybe people are not seeing the polls. If anyone knows of good ways to help spread the word please feel free to do so. any help or suggestions will be much appreciated.

Round 2 Poll 2 has now been posted So here are the entries...

photo round 2 poll 2.jpg

& here is a direct link to the poll were you can select 16 of these figures you would like to see go through to round 3 http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?268915-Round-2-Poll-2-Our-Favourite-Vintage-Figure

- - - Updated - - -

So how have you guys been finding the results of the polls so far? are your favourite figures still in with a chance of winning or have they been eliminated in the previous polls? I would love to hear your feedback.

Please feel free to share with us who your favourite figure is & why. Or if you would like to list your top 5 figures, that would be cool to see too. I may as well get the ball rolling. here are my top 5 figures...

Joint 1. Mermista - Mermista will always be my favourite vintage figure because she will have very strong sentimental feelings for me. My Grandparents bought me this figure as a surprise. Unfortunately my grandparents are no longer with us but I still have the actual Mermista figure they bought me all those years ago. She is also quite a cool action figure. Not only is she gorgeous but she transforms from a mermaid into a human & she has a fantastic action feature where you can squirt water out from her necklace by using the shell you attach into her back.

& Skeletor - Skeletor will also have a soft place in my heart as he is the very first MOTU figure I ever owned. If my parents hadn't bought me this figure all those years ago I may never have become a fan of the He-Man & She-Ra universe.

3. Hurricane Hordak - I never owned the original Hordak figure when I was a kid so Hurricane Hordak has always felt like the 'proper' Hordak to me as this is the figure I did own. Not only that but he has such a cool action feature. I remember me & my brother putting other figures in his attachment with the 4 blades & making Hordak spin his victims above his head.

4. Scratchin' Sound Catra - Again I never owned the original Catra figure as a kid but I did have Scratchin' Sound Catra. I always thought she was a fantastic looking figure plus I love cats & any characters related to cats.

5. Stinkor - I just loved the look of the figure & thought it was cool that he smelt. To this day his smell brings me back to my childhood.

I could list so many more but i thought 5 was a nice simple number to get people interested.

Please feel free to share your top 5 figures with us, It will be cool to see everyone's choices.
    Last edited by nightwing.; March 20, 2017 at 12:28pm.

Totally Dyslexic
    hm...

As i said, i have fond memories of how i got my Mermista figure.

I remember my first vintage POP figure was Angela.

I know i had MOTU figures before that but at first i didnīt connected them, i think i couldīt read and so i didnīt know that She-Ra said Grayskull which might have helped me.

I donīt know why but i always liked Buzz-Off a lot and i think his helmet is the only accessory i havenīt lost.

Tung Lashor and his rainbow colored tongue is high on my list as well.

Teela has been my first ever own MOTU figure and i got her as easter present i was so excited and back than i the original C-3PO figure and i was so disappointed when their heights didnīt match.
    From that day on i always imagined the Eternian people as giants since i knew the people from Star Wars are regular people

hm...

As i said, i have fond memories of how i got my Mermista figure.

I remember my first vintage POP figure was Angela.

I know i had MOTU figures before that but at first i didnīt connected them, i think i couldīt read and so i didnīt know that She-Ra said Grayskull which might have helped me.

I donīt know why but i always liked Buzz-Off a lot and i think his helmet is the only accessory i havenīt lost.

Tung Lashor and his rainbow colored tongue is high on my list as well.

Teela has been my first ever own MOTU figure and i got her as easter present i was so excited and back than i the original C-3PO figure and i was so disappointed when their heights didnīt match.
    From that day on i always imagined the Eternian people as giants since i knew the people from Star Wars are regular people
    Thanks for sharing your top 5 Niki, it is a great selection.
    I love how you thought the Eternian's were giants when you were a kid, thats brilliant!!!
    My little nephew who is 5 is getting into He-Man at the minute. I have a box of old figures i let him play with every time he comes to visit & Buzz Off is his favourite.
    I also got an old damaged Moss Man on ebay who i now keep displayed hiding in some of the plants in my garden & my Nephew thinks that is brilliant