Thread: Battle Armor He-Man Appreciation Thread!!!

Battle Armor He-Man Appreciation Thread!!!

My favorite He-Man is most definitely The Battle Armor He-Man. The look of the classic figure is my favorite vintage MOTU figure of the bunch. I wished I could have seen it make a debut on the filmation series. There seems to be so little art featuring BA He-Man in favor of the classic look, and while I love that version too I wish for more art and pictures that feature BA He-Man. So I'll start off with an image I created of a transformation sequence of BA He-Man!!

2 Cor. 12:9 (KJV) "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmites, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."

The Last Wielder of the Sword of Power

Faithful Member of Club Eternia

http://photobucket.com/LastEternian

Heroic Warrior
    Wish is the greatest Power!

And perfect timing by the way! Dave Wilkins has just finished his Masterpiece for this year's Power-Con! In my opinion this is one of the 5 best MOTU Artwork pieces of all time!

Link:
    http://www.deviantart.com/art/POWER-2016-612459173

Wow!!! Incredible!! Thanks for posting this my friend!!
    2 Cor. 12:9 (KJV) "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmites, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."

Court Magician Beard of Stratos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by granamyr80 View Post
    Wish is the greatest Power!

And perfect timing by the way! Dave Wilkins has just finished his Masterpiece for this year's Power-Con! In my opinion this is one of the 5 best MOTU Artwork pieces of all time!

Link:
    http://www.deviantart.com/art/POWER-2016-612459173

http://pre04.deviantart.net/64d8/th/...ns-da4n4it.jpg
    Love it -- new wallpaper -- never to come down !!

He's my favorite of all the varient's of He-Man. I owned the original and was gitty when they released him in classics.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Battle Armor He-Man is an awesome toy...The art on the Battle Armor He-Man & Battlecat Giftset is amazing!!

IMO he's definitively the best looking He-Man variant, and the most fun. After a sibling destroyed my original version I got the Battle Armor version and was pleased as punch

Widget
    Battle Armor He-Man is perhaps the first thing I can really remember wanting (I was 5 in 1983, when the figure debuted).

When I was a kid, I had a second cousin, I believe, who had so many He-Man figures. One time we went over to his place and he had Battle Armor He-Man. I was so jealous. I wanted it badly. I seem to remember my Mom's reaction being something like, "You already have a He-Man, you don't need another one." She didn't get it.

Sadly, I don't remember when I finally got Battle Armor He-Man, but I did, and it was great. Some kids used to bring favorite toys to class, so I thought, "Why shouldn't I?" I asked Mom. She told me no. Being a little kid, I decided I'd bring it anyway. Snuck it into my bag.

Brought it out once at school, and some kid - Mike I think his name was - asked me to give it to him, and I said no. But he wanted to show me something, he said. He was quite insistent. I relented. He proceeded to wind up and slam - and I mean slam - the He-Man on to the ground. His arm broke off. I was traumatized. Amidst all of this I was going to have to admit I had defied my mother and brought BA He-Man to school with me, if I wanted to get a replacement.

Many of you are probably now thinking I never got said replacement - that my mother refused to buy me another and used the incident as a valuable life lesson. Which would have been a perfectly reasonable thing to do - defying Mom is its own punishment, perfect. Unfortunately, my father had a rather bad temper when I was a kid, and my mother, unwilling to deal with the fallout from his finding out about the whole affair, angrily took me to K-mart where a replacement was purchased.

I don't remember much else about the incident - I would imagine there must have been some consequence for me, but I don't recall it.

Anyway, despite all this trauma, he is my favorite.

Widget
    Mike needed a swift kick to the jimmies is the lesson I learned

Widget
    Also, I never really thought of this...

With all of the MOTU characters I owned, I never had an original He-Man or Sleletor, just the battle armor versions.

Time for some Battle Armor He-Man goodness!!!

VS BA Skeletor!!!

- - - Updated - - -

More Pics!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Skeletor Using the power of his Dark Half of the Power Sword! Can He-Man Survive?

Court Magician
    Battle Armor He-Man was my first and only He-Man, and therefore the best one!

He-Man is brought down by Skeletor's Dark Power Sword!!

Thankfully He-Man's Battle Armor saves him from a fatal blow!!

Summoning the last of his strength He-Man strikes Skeletor and disarms him!!

He-Man takes back the Power Sword that has been corrupted by Skeletor's Evil!!

BY THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL!!! I HAVE THE POWER!!! He-Man reclaims his Power Sword!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Skeletor Returns!!

Battle of Light and Dark!!

- - - Updated - - -

Heroic Warrior
    I wish that Battle Armor He-man had more media exposure.... Cartoon, mini comic, coloring books... Something.

As it is, I really couldnt' stand him. To my mind he wasn't 'the REAL he-man'. I got him after the legs broke on my original because he was the only one available... but that was an era that I was not used to wacky varients like scuba attack Batman or Sun glow spider-man...

Also the idea that he now needed armor.. but ONLY on his chest? That always seemed weird.

I LOVED his action feature though. I just wish it had been on a different character. Also kinda wish I still had him today.

I also ended up with Thunder Punch... But at least his armor was KINDA similar to the power harness...

THAT's the best thing that 200x ever did. They included all the variants into the show giving them legitimacy

Heroic Warrior
    I picked up a battle armour he man figure. I noticed the waste was a bit loose. I used to have one but can't remember if that is normal or not?

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I wish that Battle Armor He-man had more media exposure.... Cartoon, mini comic, coloring books... Something.

As it is, I really couldnt' stand him. To my mind he wasn't 'the REAL he-man'. I got him after the legs broke on my original because he was the only one available... but that was an era that I was not used to wacky varients like scuba attack Batman or Sun glow spider-man...

Also the idea that he now needed armor.. but ONLY on his chest? That always seemed weird.

I LOVED his action feature though. I just wish it had been on a different character. Also kinda wish I still had him today.

I also ended up with Thunder Punch... But at least his armor was KINDA similar to the power harness...

THAT's the best thing that 200x ever did. They included all the variants into the show giving them legitimacy

I wanted a Battle.Armor He-Man as a kid, but I already had a regular version, so my mom wouldn't let me get one. I did have a BA Skeletor since the legs fell off my regular version.

Yes! My 2 favorite MOTU toys as a kid were battle armor he-man and skeletor! so many awesome battles

Heroic Warrior
    Gurjeet Singh, is creating an ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE Battle Armor He-Man Bust, based on Dave Wilkins's amazing print posted above!! This piece is just fantastic!!!! I have no idea if it's for sale or not, but i' posting here the link and some pictures of this masterpiece. If someone knows more, if it would be ever being on sale etc, could always post it on the apposite thread and section!

Link:
    http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthr...72-HE-MAN-bust

My set of Battle Armor twinsies...

bb.jpg
    go go dissertation!