Thread: CBR's He-Man: The 15 Worst Toys Ever

CBR's He-Man: The 15 Worst Toys Ever

CBR has posted another 'list' of fifteen vintage MOTU toys - the article itself steals all its images from The Org's original series collecting page, is rife with inaccuracies, and the author doesn't really seem to have any personal experience with what he's talking about, but otherwise... enjoy! http://www.cbr.com/the-worst-he-man-toys-ever/

Man what the hell was he on, those figures are damn awesome, how you you hate on Faker and Clawful like that amongst the others as well

Court Magician
    I'm a little perplexed every time he complains about the toy being not accurate to the cartoon when the toy was actually designed (and sometimes published) before the character was ever drawn for the cartoon. I mean, look at Clawful. They couldn't make two identical claws on the toy like in the cartoon? No, quite the opposite. They couldn't have the different claws in the cartoon.

Just another typical Internet random stuff clickbait list.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbot View Post
    Just another typical Internet random stuff clickbait list.
    Grimbot's spot-on.
    I suggest ignoring that nonsense.
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2017!

Curiosity got me....the guys a loon lol. My vintage Stinker STILL smells after 30 years lol.

I look at CBR on a daily basis, but over half of their lists are useless, opinionated drivel. For God's sake, everything doesn't have to be a Top 15 list!! What happened to 10!??

Also, if you read their lists often enough, you see them contradict themselves a lot.
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; August 7, 2017 at 12:42am.
    Odd Man Out

Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    I look at CBR on a daily basis, but over half of their lists are useless, opinionated drivel. For God's sake, everything doesn't have to be a Top 15 list!! What happened to 10!??

Also, if you read their lists often enough, you see them contradict themselves a lot.
    CBR used to be one of my most frequented sites until the change of ownership and redesign. It became readily apparent that they wanted to shift their focus from a comics site to being another generic "geek culture" buzzfeed clone. It was really disappointing...

Well said, ZETHROFAX. CBR is nothing like it used to be. It's more like a crappy tabloid, now.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again....as 'Geek' culture gains popularity, a heck of a lot of garbage leaks in.
    Odd Man Out

I disagreed with most of that list, especially beloved Stinkor! grrrrr!

I was always on the understanding that the Comet Warriors had been more a cash-in on the Tonka Rock Lords (Gobots) (which are also awesome!) more so than Transformers. Hadn't Transformers already been around a couple of years by the time the comet warriors hit the toy aisles?
    Praise the Emperor and pass the ammunition - for one that will not cure, the other will!

Unapologetic TEELA fan.
    Chicagoland He-Fan or She-Raver? Join the NEW Horde at The Fright Zone! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...php?groupid=88
    Check out some of my resin toys! some cool stuff coming soon! http://lordchaoscreations.bigcartel.com/

While I agree with some of the figures on the list, no way does Prince Adam or Faker deserve to be on that list. Those were 2 of my favorites (they were colorful, heh). Stinkor was a cool figure also.
    Click here to check out my other drawings!

I remember CBR when it was decent and not an ad filled site of clickbait. That article was no doubt written by some ill informed post ironic bearded hipster jumping on the geek fadwagon. I mean sure Rokkon and Stonedar were a bit crap even I knew that when i was seven - but Stinkor? Moss Man? Two Bad ? hell Two-Bad is still one of my favourite action figures to this day.

Heroic Warrior
    I can sort of forgive the repainted toys being such labled . I can understand the no love for Mantenna or Gwildor

Leech , Clawful , Two Bad and Rokkon ? These are stand alone . Ram Man toy was larger than life compared to his cartoon counterpart.

HeMan jetsled .............HE MAN ON JET SLED SUCKS ? The centre piece figure of MOTU franchise sucks. Wow man .

This dude was born in the 90,s .

Heroic Warrior

Court Magician
    Someone already posted that link in this forum. Also, the article is terrible anyway. The author gets more wrong than right.