Thread: Club NA 01 "A New Beginning"

Club NA 01 "A New Beginning"

The viewing club has begun! We'll of course start with the first episode A New Beginning! Post thoughts and comments below and engage in some fun discussions about the first episode of New Adventures!
    I loved growing up in the 80's....wish my kids someday could experience the same thing....

"The meat was gamey, the potatoes were lumpy, and this coffee tastes like it was strained through someones urethra." - Dean Stephan

I don't know if I'll have time to rewatch this ep, but having seen it not too long ago...

I really appreciated that the pilot show took some time on Eternia to bridge between the old and new concepts. I didn't like the random thugs that brought Flipshot and Hydron to Skeletor...why couldn't they have used Beast Man? I doubt copyright would have been a problem (but then, this is the show that made Teela a blonde). Adam saying goodbye to his parents was a nice touch.

The whole getting Skellie and HM into space part is where I think the story falls apart. I have trouble with Adam just walking away from the kingdom he was groomed to inherit (perhaps showing Adora at the palace would have helped that plot point), and I have even more problems with the silly fashion Flipshot and H grab both hero and villain. Seriously - they couldn't tell who was the good guy?!?

Hard to think of them as even semi-capable heroes.

I think the mini comic version of events had a bit more oomph to it....