Page 54 of 83 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 2074

Thread: What's your latest MOTU score?

Upgraded my MOC MAA. A really clean figure from the front and the back.
    DSC_1116.jpg

Heroic Warrior
    Went to the collectible store (after getting free comic books) and got the following characters:
    *Webstor action figure ($4 at the collectible store)
    *Man-E-Faces action figure ($5 at the collectible store)
    *King Hiss-though he doesn't have his armor or anything ($3 at the collectible store)
    I almost bought a Castle Grayskull playset, but it was $20 and it was missing a lot of parts (the door, the weapons inside, etc.). Funny story about the collectible store. I was looking at the action figures and I kept pointing out which figures I wanted to look at (for condition) and the lady working there got frustrated with me and slammed all of the figures on the table. I pick up Kobra Khan and his head pops off. I was all "Oh no! His head came off!" But I fixed it and it was okay. Then again, the lady working there was in a rather bad mood.

Quote Originally Posted by Burtonnut View Post
    Went to the collectible store (after getting free comic books) and got the following characters:
    *Webstor action figure ($4 at the collectible store)
    *Man-E-Faces action figure ($5 at the collectible store)
    *King Hiss-though he doesn't have his armor or anything ($3 at the collectible store)
    I almost bought a Castle Grayskull playset, but it was $20 and it was missing a lot of parts (the door, the weapons inside, etc.). Funny story about the collectible store. I was looking at the action figures and I kept pointing out which figures I wanted to look at (for condition) and the lady working there got frustrated with me and slammed all of the figures on the table. I pick up Kobra Khan and his head pops off. I was all "Oh no! His head came off!" But I fixed it and it was okay. Then again, the lady working there was in a rather bad mood.
    There is a comic store near me, that does the same thing. Everything is locked up or behind the counter and when you ask to look at something they act all annoyed! I don't know how you can stay in business with this kind of attitude. Isn't the whole point of comic/collectible stores is to interact with the customers and try to sell them stuff
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Heroic Warrior
    When she opened the store, I noticed she had a small tupperwear full of action figures. I was thinking they were for the store and hoping there would be He-man action figures in there. I politely asked her "Are they for the store?" and she snapped at me saying "No they're mine!"

But hopefully I'll find King Randor or the Sorceress. They did have a She-ra, but I didn't get her because:
    1. I already have a She-ra (though I do plan on getting Starburst She-ra if I can find it)
    2. She was in really bad condition (the paint on her chest was coming off so much that it was showing her boobs).

Monstroid + Pt. Dread tower

Flea market Monstroid.

http://dos-man.webs.com/monstroid.jpg

His spinning mechanism no longer works, but he's in reasonably good shape.
    I may paint him black; not really sure why they went with grayish-blue

The other thing that I got was this Pt. Dread tower.

http://dos-man.webs.com/dread.jpg

It's in OK shape, but it was only $5, so I'm pretty happy.
    Last edited by Phil.Pastel; May 6, 2012 at 12:02pm.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

My son's kindergarten teacher found out that I'm a MOTU fan and gave me this.

2012-05-11 13.21.55.jpg

After months of searching, I found my mechanical He-Man pencil.

2012-05-11 15.26.51.jpg
    "I SHALL WARN YOU BUT ONCE, EVIL ONE--SPEAK TO ME THE TRUTH 'ERE MY BATTLE AXE FINDS A PLACE TO REST 'TWIXT YOUR FOWL EYES!" -He-Man.

Rio Blast and BA He-man.....two more down, just 6 figures to go....

Not usually a loose collector...though I have most of the vintage figures loose(not in great condition). But yesterday I picked up a loose Sssqueeze-complete $5,Dragstor w/ bow $5, FF's He-Man complete $10,minty complete Leech & Mekaneck for $5 as well. And I also picked up a few accessories/weapons. Snake Face's shield(I don't even have this figure),Tung Lashors Butterfly weapon & Terror Claw Skeletors right & left claws for a measly $4. Can't complain on that score.

Great score! I wish I could get snake face, tc skele, or ff he-man, but so far no dice on any of those (or weapons) .

I did manage to get a tp shield. I have caps + sword + shield, but no figure LOOOOL I'll get him don't worry. The hard part is over.
    I also got man-e with pink tubes and zoar.

"The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Traded a few of my double figures and my empty boxes with neusch23 for Fright Fighter (minus wings and guns) today, collector case, bashasaurus, road ripper, and land shark. Just a couple more things to get and the collection is complete.

Got my first ever vintage purchase today! He-man with sheild brace axe and sword, Battlecat, trap jaw, Beastman, and Tri-Klops

My birthday the other week and my wife had bagged me Webstor with rifle, pack and grapple (action doesn't work but otherwise in good nick) and Saurod. I'm really impressed and a little bit frightened by how far out the sparks fly.
    I also got a MOTUC Skeletor and some black and gold He-man undercrackers.

Grabbed a loose complete Webstor. Back pack works as well. $19 shipped

Quote Originally Posted by eddie3429 View Post
    Got my first ever vintage purchase today! He-man with sheild brace axe and sword, Battlecat, trap jaw, Beastman, and Tri-Klops
    That's the way to start a MOTU collection!Great score!
    ICER
    Your friendly neighborhood org member!

Finally got my Eternia Playset set up with the track for the first time. A couple pieces of track arent fully snapped together, I was really afraid of breaking it, its so brittle its unbelievable Almost like ceramic in a way. I needed a couple minor parts and finally came across them. All I need now is the windshield for the big red gun, one grappling hook, and the sling shot and it will be complete minus the box, and comic!! So close!!! But I did get to run the Tram (carefully) around it just for giggles... It felt so good!! Heres a few pics of its current set up.. I can't get a very good pic of the back of it since its so close to the wall, and I don't really want to move it if I don't have to. At some point I hope to get it up off the floor and displayed a bit differently. Any Ideas? The room its in is designated to all that is MOTU so any ideas are welcome.

These are cell phone pics so not great, but you get the idea..

Last edited by MILK-MAN; June 2, 2012 at 12:36pm.

My Latest MOTU Score Is....

MODULOK

MOTU - Modulok.jpg MOTU - Modulok 1.jpg

I had gotten Modulok last week. He's been the last vintage figure that I have been looking for and that I used to own those many years ago. Every MOTU figure I once had, I now own again and now I get the chance to find, hunt for other vintage characters that I have never owned before.

LONG LIVE MOTU/MOTUC
    Last edited by ralgonzo26; May 25, 2012 at 12:48am.

That Eternia playset is awesome Milk Man!

Heroic Warrior
    Eternia set.......ooooooooh yeah , DIG IT
    Don't you have better thing to do than read this stupid signature

Tony Clifton : Kaufman was a hack....hack sack pack nack !

Ralgonzo26 I've been there before brother!16 years later (after discovering Adam Tyner's site) and I'm still looking to get the MOTU figures I never owned as a kid!
    ICER
    Your friendly neighborhood org member!

My first steps into vintage collecting continued today with...
    Man-at-Arms
    Hordak
    Buzz-off
    Panthor

I also went to the closing down sale of the local DVD distributor, this company does the Motu DVD's for australia. I got every he-man, she-ra and NA cartoon for $30 or so when there normally $66 a half season.

Best score was a he-man animation cell of he-man center stage for $10!

Very motu day!

Picked up a loose complete MINT Taiwan He-Man. I'll post pic when he's in.

Heroic Warrior
    Got a better copy of part 2 of the Secret of the Sword book (the one that was in two parts and it came with a record). I techically already had part 2 but this one was sealed and in better shape.

I got a Mantenna MOC.

Upgraded my old gift set to this newer one from Sathomaso.

That gift set looks amazing

Any Ideas? The room its in is designated to all that is MOTU so any ideas are welcome.
    One thing I should stress about your track: NEVER EVER EVER attempt to take it apart again. It WILL shatter and get worse. I have a complete set of track that took me a few years to buy up after I put my track together (from my childhood) and watched it basically explode as I attempted to take it apart. I keep that complete set of track stored just for posterity's sake, and only use repro track when i put Eternia out. The repro track is great, fits and works perfect.

Speaking of latest scores:

trapjaw.jpg

Bought a piece of custom art (featuring Trapjaw) off of Ebay. Also picked up the SDCC 2009 coffee table book for a decent price. I have a few other cool things on their way as well I'll post in a few days.

----

And it's been a few days. Got a NIB, unopened Attak Trak model.

\attak.jpgdriver.jpg

Always wanted one of these as a kid… wanted all 3, but I think my mom knew that I didn't really ever finish a model. I love doing models now, but I just don't have much time. I'll definitely spend some time on this one. Even though it's a snap-tite, I'll be running out to get some glue tonight! Uploaded a closeup of the attak trak driver. I was always intrigued by these characters when I was a kid.
    Last edited by mahuti; June 9, 2012 at 04:36pm. Reason: Added new items.
    Good Trader List:
    -Maul, tattoojunkie74, Chuck Bowlz