Page 49 of 80 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 1996

Thread: What's your latest MOTU score?

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Quote Originally Posted by jmb410s View Post
    No, I was looking at that for a while. It has been up on ebay a long time. Five grand is WAAAY overpriced. A MIB tytus your looking at $2800-$3200.
    Good to know. That at least gives me hope that I might be able to get them someday. LOL.

but the box is a reproduction by andrea the cat. It is awesome and you cannot tell without a very close examination and side by side comparisons that it is a repro!!
    Wow! Looks awesome!

My score is much less tangible, but full of sentimental value.

I finally found a picture of the very first MOTU toys I had as a kid. From 1988, all figures by Leo Mattel (India).

Last edited by superheman; January 6, 2012 at 12:12pm.

Quote Originally Posted by superheman View Post
    My score is much less tangible, but full of sentimental value.
    I think that's actually one of coolest scores in the thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Scotward View Post
    I think that's actually one of coolest scores in the thread!
    Thanks, Scotward! I was really glad to find this. There's at least one more with me and Castle Grayskull and/or Wind Raider somewhere, for which I'll have to search some more.

I didn't realize until I grew up that India got MOTU a few years later than everyone out here in the west did, but I might've missed it if it had been any sooner, so it all worked out.

thats is super cool! wow all those are leo's, you know, alot of us still have our motu toys from childhood, are you one of us, because leo's are hard to come by, and you have quite a few of them in that pic, it would be awsome if you still did! nice post, definalty top ten best ever!

Quote Originally Posted by kelddorr View Post
    thats is super cool! wow all those are leo's, you know, alot of us still have our motu toys from childhood, are you one of us, because leo's are hard to come by, and you have quite a few of them in that pic, it would be awsome if you still did! nice post, definalty top ten best ever!
    Thank you Kelddorr! I wish I could say I was one of those who held on to his original MOTU toys. Sadly, I don't have any of them any more. They didn't make my many moves and I ended up giving most if not all of them away. I had quite a lot after this first wave (pictured), including Castle Grayskull, Wind Raider, Roton, Jitsu, Roboto, Zodac, Skelly's minions, and so many more.

So far, the only item I have found from stuff I had as a kid is this sticker I posted about earlier in this thread.

Cheers!

I was very lucky to get a nice grayskull with most parts, but it was missing the turret gun. I felt like it was worth shelling out the $10 for it and just got it. I think my grayskull might actually be complete now.

Awesome photos, SuperHeman really nice to see this childhood collection of leo toys! Thanks for sharing.
    Knowledge is power, arm yourself

My feedback ,cool people I've dealt with

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ak+good+trader

Evil Henchman of Hordak Louis649's Avatar
    A couple of the original MOTU cartoon DVD's on Toys R' Us for $5 bucks each one.
    I'm Skeletor, master of evil! All of you should show respect for the awful one.

I am Grizzlor #1 fan!

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Saw Hordak View Post
    Awesome photos, SuperHeman really nice to see this childhood collection of leo toys! Thanks for sharing.
    Thank you so much! I really appreciate the kind comments, such fun times back then.

I won a pretty nice Battle Armor He-Man on ebay a few weeks ago.

I also finally decided to have my Bravestarr MIB graded. I know Bravestarr is not MOTU related, but still pretty cool.

Snarf...

My Hordak had the ugly manilla head and was missing his cape. I just got him a cape and a white head. He looks much better.

Interestingly, the 2 pairs of armor I have are not the same; one armor has red slots on the sides, the other does not have them.

Got the Mill Creek DVD sets to back up the BCI sets. Have a feeling these will become the primary ones while viewing.

Quote Originally Posted by superheman View Post
    Thanks, Scotward! I was really glad to find this. There's at least one more with me and Castle Grayskull and/or Wind Raider somewhere, for which I'll have to search some more.

I didn't realize until I grew up that India got MOTU a few years later than everyone out here in the west did, but I might've missed it if it had been any sooner, so it all worked out.
    Actually in Greece too. MOTU, Transformers G1 and ThunderCats were all released in 1988-89 so I was lucky enough to live all the franchises while I was born in 1985. You could actually find all of them in stores until about 1993.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_SLUMP View Post
    Actually in Greece too. MOTU, Transformers G1 and ThunderCats were all released in 1988-89 so I was lucky enough to live all the franchises while I was born in 1985. You could actually find all of them in stores until about 1993.
    That's interesting. It's almost like it took the path a lot of businesses take in expanding to other markets over time, except that in this case by the time we got it at its peak, it seems like it had died out here on home turf.

I wonder when in the 1980s the U.K. got MOTU, and whether it was around when the U.S. did. The only She-Ra I got back then was The Secret of the Sword, and that too because an uncle brought over a VHS from England in -- and this is my best guess -- '88/'89. I also got Thunder Punch He-Man from there, as well as the yellow He-Man sword that had a button and lights!

I know from the forums that New Adventures (NA) made it to India and Leo released some NA figures as well, but it never made much of an impact (I can assure you no one in my school knew of it -- and perhaps it was a good thing we didn't), I didn't even know of something called 'New Adventures' until I found the .org!

Hordak! Put me in MOTUC! Barbecue17's Avatar
    I got a huge lot of stuff from my local comic/ collectible shop. A castle Grayskull missing only the pistol, flag sticker, and cardboard inserts and about 10 loose complete figures for a resonable price.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Got dragon blaster armor and rokkon with his weapon.

Widget
    I recently got this Skeletor. Didn't realize it was an 8-back when I purchased it, so I was pleasantly surprised when I found out. I just started collecting MOTU figures again because all mine from when I was young are very played with. I tried to find out more information on it but just got more confused with all the different types of 8-backs. Does anyone have information they could share with me? I think it is German/Italian?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by captainswatty View Post
    I recently got this Skeletor. Didn't realize it was an 8-back when I purchased it, so I was pleasantly surprised when I found out. I just started collecting MOTU figures again because all mine from when I was young are very played with. I tried to find out more information on it but just got more confused with all the different types of 8-backs. Does anyone have information they could share with me? I think it is German/Italian?
    That's a GREAT way to start off your collection again, captainswatty! Congrats on the purchase!

Garage sale find!

Need stuff? I might just have it!

Check out my shop!

SHOP1321

http://blujay.com/scar1321
    I'm always adding stuff!

nice garage sale!

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by sircory-1 View Post
    That's a GREAT way to start off your collection again, captainswatty! Congrats on the purchase!
    Thanks sircory! I almost forgot how fun these things are

Quote Originally Posted by scar1321 View Post
    nice find. mind if i ask how much they charged you?

They were 10 each!

The only problem with them is that the UPC is removed from the backs. Some worse than others. Either way I couldn't pass them up!
    Need stuff? I might just have it!

Check out my shop!

SHOP1321

http://blujay.com/scar1321
    I'm always adding stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by scar1321 View Post
    They were 10 each!

The only problem with them is that the UPC is removed from the backs. Some worse than others. Either way I couldn't pass them up!
    that's still a steal either way. good stuff.