Thread: Dan Aykroyd & Justin Timberlake are the new Yogi & Boo Boo?

Dan Aykroyd & Justin Timberlake are the new Yogi & Boo Boo?

Prepare to have your mind blown, according to Variety Dan Aykroyd has reportedly signed on to play Yogi Bear in the upcoming live action CGI film. Now really prepare to have your mind blown... Justin Timberblake is reportedly in talks to play Boo Boo Bear.

http://www.infinitehollywood.com/200...yogi-bear.html

According to Variety, it's true. Timberlake isn't 100% confirmed yet.

What comes around goes around, eh Boo Boo buddy?
    Toys, Movies, TV Shows and more reviewed at the pop culture mega site... INFINITE HOLLYWOOD.

uuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh............
    If Jack Bauer was on Lost, everything would have been solved in 24 hours!

If Jack Bauer was on Heroes, he wouldn't need to save the cheerleader to save the world.

The Abominable Dr. Phibes Vincent Price's Avatar
    The world has gone insane.
    Old people used to annoy me at weddings by pinching my cheeks &
    saying that you are the next.
    They stopped doing that when I started doing the same to them at funerals.

Are you kidding me??
    Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing.--Optimus Prime ROTF

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    Timberlake is a horrible voice actor.

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

I doubt Timberlake will even try. He'll just do his normal, annoying voice. He'll take the annoying sidekick part to new levels.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Justin Timberlake as Boo-Boo? Hmmm.... The Ranger's not going to like this, Yogi.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

What the f.... This sounds like a joke.

Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel's Avatar
    ...Why does it seem that the execs of these Hollywood studios simply don't "get" voice acting? Especially when it comes to voice classic characters like Yogi Bear and Boo boo where people know what they should sound like. It be like some one at Disney deciding to replace their Mickey Mouse voice actor with Tom Cruise in a movie.

Around the time the first Spielberg-Orci-Kurtzman-Bay Transformers movie came out I read an anecdote from Peter Cullen where he was entertaining some of the cast and crew on set/recording studio (don't remember which exactly) by carrying out a whole conversation between the various Autobots in all their classic G1 voices. Apparently, Michael Bay just happened to walk by or come across the group and heard this -- I don't remember Cullen's exact phrasing but it would be fair to say that Michael Bay's mind was blown.

The way Cullen described Bay's response, I don't think that Bay was even aware that Cullen had been the voice several characters in the G1 show. You'd think that such "great fans" of the property like Orci & Kurtzman working on the movie that someone would ensured that Michael Bay was accurately informed.
    Last edited by Captain Marvel; November 6, 2009 at 08:04pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post

Around the time the first Spielberg-Orci-Kurtzman-Bay Transformers movie came out I read an anecdote from Peter Cullen where he was entertaining some of the cast and crew on set/recording studio (don't remember which exactly) by carrying out a whole conversation between the various Autobots in all their classic G1 voices. Apparently, Michael Bay just happened to walk by or come across the group and heard this -- I don't remember Cullen's exact phrasing but it would be fair to say that Michael Bay's mind was blown.

The way Cullen described Bay's response, I don't think that Bay was even aware that Cullen had been the voice several characters in the G1 show. You'd think that such "great fans" of the property like Orci & Kurtzman working on the movie that someone would ensured that Michael Bay was accurately informed.
    that would be funny to hear

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post
    ...Why does it seem that the execs of these Hollywood studios simply don't "get" voice acting? Especially when it comes to voice classic characters like Yogi Bear and Boo boo where people know what they should sound like. It be like some one at Disney deciding to replace their Mickey Mouse voice actor with Tom Cruise in a movie.

I know. As much as i question Bay as a director, or how he handled The Transformers, at least he got Peter Cullen to voice Prime again. I probably won't see the 'Yogi Bear' movie, but Dan Akaroyd as Yogi? Are you serious? Akaroyd sounds NOTHING like the late Daws Butler, or his successor, Greg Burson.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    Timberlake is a horrible voice actor.
    Something else we both agree on. I just can't imaging Timberlake as the slow witted Boo Boo without some dirty joke creeping in. Usually, screen actors aren't always the best choice for voice acting. Sure, they've tried it in a few animated features, but they don't have the same kind of experience, or versatility of say Frank Welker, Jim Cummings, Rob Paulsen, or Tom Kenny.
    Last edited by mbaker; November 7, 2009 at 07:49am.

I can see Dan, maybe, but Timberlake? Oh well. I'll wait to see how it looks in trailers until I judge.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent Price View Post
    And just in case you guys didn't see that,