Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Answers to WTFWTK 2.26!

Answers to WTFWTK 2.26!

Toyguru has once again provided answers to your questions.
    Thanks again to him for taking the time to answer these!
    Check out his answers to your Round 26 questions!

This round of questions were selected by joseephus,
    and proofed against old Q&As by Uncle Montork.
    Thanks to them for their help!

-------------------

1. Grenadaspice: When you produce a MOTUC Man-E-Faces, may we expect to see a "Man-E-Weapons" version of him as well?

That would be a great way to get some of those weapons out there. (and in Wun-dar colors, too). Nothing to confirm, but like we always say, we have a long term plan for this type of stuff…

2. King Tycho: Many fans are unhappy with the way our opinions are tabulated. In particular, the SDCC "voting sessions". Fans at SDCC are not representative of fans as a whole. Wouldn't it be preferable to handle all fan input through polls and feedback online, on sites such as Mattycollector and He-man.org? (A perfect example is the flocking of Panthor, where every poll online reveals that a vast majority of fans want him to be flocked)

We know fans all over the world want to share ideas about the line, and the best way to share is by posting and talking about the line on the web and talking to us at conventions. We do indeed read a lot of threads on various message boards. We aren’t always posting, but we’re always reading!

We will continue to give SDCC fans special votes. This is all part of what makes going to SDCC special. And as for the Panthor, we may indeed release a second flocked version of him in the future, but the initial release will be unflocked as fans at SDCC requested.

3. Lord of Destruction: Why was Green Goddess named Sharella when this was originally the name of an unreleased character, a tribal chieftess who helped train He-Ro? We understand that He-Ro's origin was altered for MOTUC, but Sharella and the Goddess were not originally the same character.

You’ll just have to wait until if we do a Sharella figure to get more information on her background before becoming the Goddess.

4. Kinghsss456: According to the new MOTUC bio, Scareglow is one of the "most evil warriors in the five dimensions." Would you please tell us the names of the five dimensions, and how soon will we see the other evil warriors from the other dimensions? And is there a corresponding heroic warrior from each dimension?

Despondos, Eternia, Infinita, The Nameless Dimension and the Void.

We are not sure how come folks think there are 5 warriors. If you read the Mini Comic “The Search for Keldor” Skeletor clearly only pulls two warriors out when he searches all of the dimensions for evil warriors. Scareglow is one of them, Ninjor is the other.

5. badmouse: Before sculpting any of the figures, do the Four Horsemen design everything on paper? If so, in the near future will you show us that concept art and those design illustrations?

Nope. They go right for the wax and start sculpting.

--------------------

Click here to ask questions in Round 28!
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 1.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 2.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 3.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 4.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 5.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 6.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 7.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 8.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 9.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 10.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 11.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 12.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 13.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 14.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 15.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 16.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 17.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 18.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 19.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 20.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 21.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 22.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 23.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 24.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 25.
    And, have fun discussing Toy Guru's answers to your Round 26 questions!

Has The Nameless Dimension ever been mentioned before? If so, can someone remind me what that's all about?
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    That would be great if we got a Sherella figure before she was the Goddess! Great!

I'm also glad they named all the five dimensions. Finally put that to rest.

SO Eternia is the name of the planet as ell as the dimension in which it resides? Or does the Eternia dimension only consist of Eternia and its' moons?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
    SO Eternia is the name of the planet as ell as the dimension in which it resides? Or does the Eternia dimension only consist of Eternia and its' moons?
    Couldn't they have called the Eternia universe something else other than Eternia? Now where did I hear Eternos from? that would make a better sounding dimension name.

As for the questions, only 5 this time? All well, do enjoy reading them. I would still like to ask my questions, but I don't know if they have been answered or asked and don't want to anger the ferret that holds them. I did that once! Never again!
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Thanks, this has been the most enjoyable WTFWTK - session in a while!

I am confused about the dimensions though. What happened to the "timeless dimension of Trolla?"

Heidi
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Glad to get some clarification on the 5 dimensions. Kind of wish Eternia was only the name of the planet and not the dimension it's found in though.

Maybe the Timeless Dimension of Trolla is the same as the Void?

As for the Nameless Dimension, perhaps that could be where the Unnamed One comes from if he's introduced in MOTUC?
    Last edited by Jean; November 7, 2009 at 10:56am.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Maybe Toyguru means that Eternia is THIS dimension. I mean the normal dimension that Eternia is in.

Informative answers this time!

Okay guys...Where does the Nameless Dimension and the Void come from? I know alot about MOTU lore, but this stretches things.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Okay guys...Where does the Nameless Dimension and the Void come from? I know alot about MOTU lore, but this stretches things.
    The Void is where The Snake Men were sealed in the MYP cartoon. I guess they are one and the same?

Definitely one of the better Q and A's this time around.
    Thanks Toyguru!

Mmmmm... Sharella figure....
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    Definitely one of the better Q and A's this time around.
    Thanks Toyguru!

Mmmmm... Sharella figure....
    I guess we now know why Bow isn't in development. hmph! j/k

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    The Void is where The Snake Men were sealed in the MYP cartoon. I guess they are one and the same?
    So that's why Skeletor's spell failed to get warriors from that dimension. King Hiss already emptied that dimension out when he came to Eternia.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

I guess I asked the question wrong. I knew Skeletor only pulled Scareglow and Ninjor. I guess i was hoping someone like the rock people would have came for the infinita dimension looking for a new home and help she-ra and her cause. Something along those lines since they are righting one new canon. I am happy with the answer.

I also wonder where "Timeless Dimension of Trolla" fits in

We will continue to give SDCC fans special votes. This is all part of what makes going to SDCC special. And as for the Panthor, we may indeed release a second flocked version of him in the future, but the initial release will be unflocked as fans at SDCC requested.
    It kills me how they keep insisting that the fans voted for Panthor to be unflocked at SDCC when everybody that posts on here that went to SDCC said that the majority voted for flocked. Plus, if one watches the SDCC on youtube, they can see the same thing.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
    Don't forget that Australia is a country AND a continent. And if you're Sarah Palin, that Africa is a country...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    Couldn't they have called the Eternia universe something else other than Eternia? Now where did I hear Eternos from? that would make a better sounding dimension name.

As for the questions, only 5 this time? All well, do enjoy reading them. I would still like to ask my questions, but I don't know if they have been answered or asked and don't want to anger the ferret that holds them. I did that once! Never again!
    Eternos is the Eternian kingdom in which King Randor and Queen Marlena rule over

Quote Originally Posted by grenadaspice View Post
    Don't forget that Australia is a country AND a continent. And if you're Sarah Palin, that Africa is a country...lol.
    To be fair, our President referred to the 57 stes of the USA, so...

I want to know where Trolla fits in. This Dimension stuff can give you a headache! Here's how I see it (TG, feel free to correct me, old chum!)

-Eternia: This is the dimension in which Eternia (the planet) and Earth exist.

-Despondos: Not as bad a place as originally thought, since a lovely burg such as Etheria exists here. (I love that!)

-The Nameless Dimension: (Also the Timeless Dimension in which Trolla exists?)

-Infinita: A really bad place, home to undead skeleton monsters such as Scareglow. Is this MOTU's version of H-E-Double Hockey Sticks?

-The Void: It is what it sounds like, a realm of nothing, without time or Chuck E. Cheese. Home to The Snakemen, thanks to Zodak and the Elders.

My thoughts. Please correct me where I've gone astray, and add your ideas, too. (I smell a new Dimensional Discussion thread brewing.)

I am stoked that we could get a Sharella figure someday! Perhaps she could be a Con Exclusive, like KG, HR, and (I hope) Eldor, to remain in line with the Preternia concept. She could have been a tribal priestess who could tap into the Power of the Universe. I don't know, somehthing like that, but she would be great to own. I had originally seen her as simply a spiritual being from the get-go, but it looks as though she is just anoter in a long line of people changed (upgraded?) by the Power. Maybe she was crucial in the creation of Grayskull itself?

I like the Man-E-Weapons idea. I could see his initial release coming as one color variation (cardback or figure/caucasian or orange) and the next going the opposite route, with either on coming with the weapons from that release. I can't wait for Man-E.

A good round of questions!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

I chose these questions because they seemed like the most unique ones to get answers for, and I was right!

I really like that answer to the Goddess/Sharella question. It sounds like getting a figure of Sharella that's perhaps based on the woman with the bow on Megator's packaging art may not be entirely out of the question!
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Good answers this time, thanks toyguru. Bring on more preternia figures!
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Heroic ursine warrior sailoruranus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joseephus View Post
    I chose these questions because they seemed like the most unique ones to get answers for, and I was right!
    Thanks for the great answers, Toyguru! This was really fun! And thanks for choosing interesting questions, joseephus.

Ok, he really needs to stop insisting that the fans voted for unflocked Panthor. It's getting old. We all know that wasn't the case.

I like these answers!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Thanks, Toy Guru

i am surprised by the 5 question limit now too but i saw this coming from the last time. no biggie as long as they give us answers with substance like this time.

1. i really like this answer. let's hope for a weapons pack!!! AND SOON!!!

2. this answer confuses me. they are already talking about a 2nd release for panthor and have not even given out info about an initial release since everything is "wait and see how -insert blank- is doing". so are they more confident now? i feel they just don't like to tip their poker hand too early.

3. i am fine with this answer. it is like getting her alter ego,a clark kent if you will

4. i love the new information.....must go discuss this!! hmmmm sooo many more questions which makes this great.

5. i knew this already
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!