Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Answers to WTFWTK 2.26!

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    And not everyone who posts here has claimed it was the opposite. I've seen a lot of posts where fans who were at the show verified the correct vote.
    A lot of posts? Find me some if you can. The fans on here said that the majority were for the flocked Panthor.

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    But online fans still have a ton of influence.
    Ok! If you care, I'm definitely not buying an unflocked Panthor.
    The gleam of the Power Sword lights your way as you enter the fantastic world of Eternia...

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    A lot of posts? Find me some if you can. The fans on here said that the majority were for the flocked Panthor.
    Yeah, I've yet to see a post on here stating that an unflocked Panthor won. Now watch one oddly pop up having said this.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

this panthor debate is getting old.

And in TG's defense, I've seen lots of posts saying in favor of an unflocked panthor. It's just those ppl aren't screaming and shouting to get their way - cos they already have it.

TG said we're getting Adora and GG because WE wanted it. Look at the rest of the line. We're being given figures that we all talk about. Can a single person here honestly say they're unhappy wiith the characters we're being given?
    They even tried to give up Scareglow for halloween like we asked!
    Mossy and stinkor are going to get their scents because WE wanted it!
    It's clear to me that our opinions are influencing the line heavily. So what if SDCC fans get to vote on ONE poll a year? It was stated at SDCC that they're try to do both versions of panthor anyway. I heard a lot of ppl booing when they proposed a flocked panthor.
    I don't really have interest in panthor, and after all this drama, I hope we don't see him/her until some time in 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    use the search option. There were a lot in favor of him being unflocked around the time we were told 100% flocking mossy wasn't possible. Most people agreed that an unflocked panthor is the best way to go if they can't 100% flock him and that they have faith in the 4H to make him great regardless (EVERYONE agreed panthor would need a new head sculpt and more unique tooling so he wouldn't literally be a cheap repaint of battle cat without a helm)
    Last edited by Fneh; November 25, 2009 at 09:28pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Fneh's MOTUC wishlist:
    Spikor, MYP Marzo, Snake Armour He-Man, Stinkor
    Fneh's MOTUC needed list:
    King Grayskull, Beastman, Stratos head

Fneh, you need to go back and read some of the prior posts in this thread fully. He was saying that the majority of people at SDCC voted for the unflocked, but the members here that went to SDCC stated that the majority voted for the flocked panthor. These posts in this thread aren't about the basic flock vs. unflocked debate.

I have to agree with Firefly in that I have never read any post from any user who attended SDCC saying that the Panthor vote went in favour of unflocking. I have even read a comment on Facebook from a fan who was indeed in favour of unflocking but did admit that the vast majority there voted for a flocked one. I also watched the video and honestly I heard dozens of people shouting "flocked flocked flocked" and maybe two or three booing.

With that said I agree 1) That this debate is getting old. I am not dumb enough to let anyone convince me that I am "misinterpreting" what I've seen with my own eyes in the video (if something is yellow, I refuse to say it's green) and on the other hand Mattel will obviously not admit how the vote went. 2) We're getting lots of great figures: Teela, Adora, Trap Jaw, Scare Glow, Evil Lyn...I think that despite the "not so clear communication" we should be greatful to Mattel that they are releasing these much wanted characters. They did make an effort to flock Moss Man as we requested. I think we can live with an unflocked Panthor. If they use the same kind of paint applications they used on Beast Man or Faker, I think he can actually turn out great!
    JOIN THE GREAT REBELLION - COLLECTOR'S CLUB TODAY!
    http://www.facebook.com/TGRClub

I'm pretty sure the show of hands wasn't the actual poll. And it sounded pretty even to me. Maybe slightly in favor of flocking. But that wasn't the official vote was it??
    And how many times does it need saying that they said they'd try to do both?
    TG even said that it was really close. I'm sure that if it was a tie they'd go with unflocked (because it's so much easier. especially after everything with mossy).
    Fneh's MOTUC wishlist:
    Spikor, MYP Marzo, Snake Armour He-Man, Stinkor
    Fneh's MOTUC needed list:
    King Grayskull, Beastman, Stratos head

There was no ballot put in box type vote (which is the most scientific way, although Mattel could still manipulate the results because then no fan could see how the vote turned out). Everybody that went to SDCC that posts here said that flocking won.