Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Answers to WTFWTK 2.26!

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    I really like that answer to the Goddess/Sharella question. It sounds like getting a figure of Sharella that's perhaps based on the woman with the bow on Megator's packaging art may not be entirely out of the question!
    I'm not happy. It didn't answer the question. I asked why the two were combined into one character. Saying I'll have to wait until IF a Sharella figure is made to learn about her past tells me nothing. Particularly since this was a behind the scene/marketing question not a bio background question.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Quote Originally Posted by evenflow View Post
    Good answers this time, thanks toyguru. Bring on more preternia figures!
    Quoted for truth

Quote Originally Posted by grenadaspice View Post
    Don't forget that Australia is a country AND a continent. And if you're Sarah Palin, that Africa is a country...lol.
    Isn't Australia in Oceania?

Cool. Digging the answers. Thanks.
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

THE NAMES OF THE 5 DIMENSIONS! SWEET! I thought FOR SURE the answer would be "You'll have to wait for more bios to be released to find that out!" As for where Trolla fits in, the only thing I can think of right now is that it's kind of like Heaven since it's Timeless?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Destruction View Post
    I'm not happy. It didn't answer the question. I asked why the two were combined into one character. Saying I'll have to wait until IF a Sharella figure is made to learn about her past tells me nothing. Particularly since this was a behind the scene/marketing question not a bio background question.
    I thought it did. What I took from it was that he told us that Sharella is the one who trained He-Ro (just like was always understood) but that that was not the end of her journey and that she eventually became the Goddess, just like becoming Captain of the Royal Guard is not the end of Teela's journey since she is destined to become The Sorceress Of Grayskull.

And regarding answer 5, HOW BADASS are The 4H that they just go RIGHT into sculpting?! They rule so hard.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Movie mayhem!
    some neat information, but only 5 questions?

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    King Tycho: Many fans are unhappy with the way our opinions are tabulated. In particular, the SDCC "voting sessions". Fans at SDCC are not representative of fans as a whole. Wouldn't it be preferable to handle all fan input through polls and feedback online, on sites such as Mattycollector and He-man.org? (A perfect example is the flocking of Panthor, where every poll online reveals that a vast majority of fans want him to be flocked)[/I]

We know fans all over the world want to share ideas about the line, and the best way to share is by posting and talking about the line on the web and talking to us at conventions. We do indeed read a lot of threads on various message boards. We aren’t always posting, but we’re always reading!

We will continue to give SDCC fans special votes. This is all part of what makes going to SDCC special. And as for the Panthor, we may indeed release a second flocked version of him in the future, but the initial release will be unflocked as fans at SDCC requested.
    It is unfortunate that Mattel is adopting this idea of let a small group of people decide on big decision like this one. Also is extremely disappointing that Mattel seen so normal re-issue an item just because they made it wrong the first time, (He-Man, Skeletor, probably Teela and now Panthor).

I'm assuming that the Nameless Dimension is where Trolla sits ... also known as the Timeless Dimension and whatever else it's been called (?).

Kind of seems like maybe they should have settled on their naming conventions before including the info in the bios ...

I do find it sort of odd that the planet of Etheria is in a dimension called Despondos ...

Etheria might have originally been in the same dimension as Eternia. Kind of a sister planet if you will.

Maybe Hordak cast a spell which sent it into Despondos, much like the one that banished the Horde there.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    Etheria might have originally been in the same dimension as Eternia. Kind of a sister planet if you will.

Maybe Hordak cast a spell which sent it into Despondos, much like the one that banished the Horde there.
    I like that theory very much!!

or better yet just cut off Eternia from the rest of the universe, effectively making it invisible and therefor harder to get to and more desirable.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    or better yet just cut off Eternia from the rest of the universe, effectively making it invisible and therefor harder to get to and more desirable.
    Well, just to clarify that, doesn't that require Eternia and Etheria both to have originally been in Despondos for Hordak to move Eternia to its own dimension?
    Still remembers we paid excessive shipping on Battleground Teela. Is confident Matty will resolve the issue and make it right for us.

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    Nope. They go right for the wax and start sculpting.
    Hell yeah, thats what I'm talking about! Wish I could sit in on a sculpting session.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Bolty-Neck View Post
    Well, just to clarify that, doesn't that require Eternia and Etheria both to have originally been in Despondos for Hordak to move Eternia to its own dimension?
    nope. despondos could be more like a limbo area/barrier that was created. think of it like a giant mystic wall that surrounded the eternia dimension.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    nope. despondos could be more like a limbo area/barrier that was created. think of it like a giant mystic wall that surrounded the eternia dimension.
    I think that's similar to what Val & Emiliano were going to do in the comics series.

Mattel stopped them from posting the info here at last moment, so maybe they plan to use some of those ideas in the MOTUC bios?

Mattel stopped them from posting the info here at last moment, so maybe they plan to use some of those ideas in the MOTUC bios?
    That would be cool with us!

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    That would be cool with us!
    You won't get paid for it, though.
    My post count just got bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    It kills me how they keep insisting that the fans voted for Panthor to be unflocked at SDCC when everybody that posts on here that went to SDCC said that the majority voted for flocked. Plus, if one watches the SDCC on youtube, they can see the same thing.
    Thanks, for pointing this out! I thought I was going crazy!

THE DEMON KEY - Skelepimp Mini-Comic

Skelepimp Commissions are only a PM away....

Marketing Manager at Mattel Toyguru's Avatar
    Correction to quesiton 4. I've emailed Val to correct this on the main page.

The Void is not one of the 5 dimensions. This should be replaced with the Timeless Dimension. The Void is a seperate prison state, not one of the 5 realms.

Sorry for the confusion. Our entertainment team made a boo boo answering this question.

TG

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    It kills me how they keep insisting that the fans voted for Panthor to be unflocked at SDCC when everybody that posts on here that went to SDCC said that the majority voted for flocked. Plus, if one watches the SDCC on youtube, they can see the same thing.
    That's because that is how the vote went down, period. At the end of the day, the majority of fans in that room at SDCC voted for no flocking. The vote was close, but it was in favor of no flocking. If the majority of fans said flocking, we would go with that, but at the end of the day, we're going with how the fans at SDCC voted.

And not everyone who posts here has claimed it was the opposite. I've seen a lot of posts where fans who were at the show verified the correct vote.
    Last edited by Toyguru; November 12, 2009 at 06:01pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    That's because that is how the vote went down, period. At the end of the day, the majority of fans in that room at SDCC voted for no flocking. The vote was close, but it was in favor of no flocking. If the majority of fans said flocking, we would go with that, but at the end of the day, we're going with how the fans at SDCC voted.

And not everyone who posts here has claimed it was the opposite. I've seen a lot of posts where fans who were at the show verified the correct vote.
    I thought you said you weren't doing the flocking on Panthor because it was too difficult.

Toyguru, you really should take a look at the Panthor flocked/unflocked poll here - http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=175438

That's a far better way of finding out what most of us want than the votes of those few who were lucky enough to attend SDCC.

Stuff like this needs to be based on what the majority of fans want, or it will have an impact on sales.

It's unfair that I am unable to influence decisions like this, just because I cannot afford to visit SDCC.
    Last edited by RocketPunch; November 12, 2009 at 06:51pm.

I thought you said you weren't doing the flocking on Panthor because it was too difficult.

Toyguru, you really should take a look at the Panthor flocked/unflocked poll here - http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=175438

That's a far better way of finding out what most of us want than the votes of those few who were lucky enough to attend SDCC.

Stuff like this needs to be based on what the majority of fans want, or it will have an impact on sales.

It's unfair that I am unable to influence decisions like this, just because I cannot afford to visit SDCC.
    We will look at online fan voting, but in this case we are going with the SDCC vote. Getting to vote on aspects of the line is part of what makes the convention special for those who attend.

We will look at online fan voting, but in this case we are going with the SDCC vote. Getting to vote on aspects of the line is part of what makes the convention special for those who attend.
    Surely there are better ways to reward convention goers than that?

A lot of the people who attend the Q&A panel may have zero interest in MOTU, since it's shared by the Ghostbusters Q&A. Why should non-MOTU fans get to vote on MOTU related issues and not the dedicated He-Fans at the.Org?

Surely there are better ways to reward convention goers than that?

A lot of the people who attend the Q&A panel may have zero interest in MOTU, since it's shared by the Ghostbusters Q&A. Why should non-MOTU fans get to vote on MOTU related issues and not the dedicated He-Fans at the.Org?
    You guy vote on tons of stuff! Why do you think we are doing Adora and Goddess figures, because you demanded it!

This particular issue went to SDCC. But online fans still have a ton of influence.

You guy vote on tons of stuff! Why do you think we are doing Adora and Goddess figures, because you demanded it!

This particular issue went to SDCC. But online fans still have a ton of influence.
    I have never been to a con in my life, but I have to agree with Toyguru on this issue. I believe the introduction of the white mailers, increased production runs on figures, reissuing of past figures are all examples of movements that began online that Mattel listened to and implemented. I am sure there are others as well that I can not think of off the top of my head. For the record, I hope we get two different versions of Panthor during the "MotU:C" line's run. As an Aussie "MotU", "Batman", "DCUC", "JLU", "Ghostbusters", "TMNT", "Marvel" fan, etc I keep promising myself that one day I will make the trip and attend a con.
    One Day.

Take Care,
    Darren
    Mattel please, buy the He-Man and She-Ra cartoons from Entertainment Rights. If you owned Both Filmation related "MotU" cartoons, plus "NA" and "MYP" cartoons, you would be able to distribute any or all 4 cartoons to Television in the lead up to another relaunch or a live action movie. Plus, you could include Filmation and "NA" animated characters in "MotU:C"!

Long Live 'MOTU'!

You kinda missed my point; I was asking why non-MOTU fans get a say in this (ie the GhostBusters fans who were at the panel).

But still, why don't we all get to vote on this particular issue? Like you said, you've listened to the wider group of fans before, so why not this time?

I really do appreciate everything you've done to make the fans happy. But I only want a flocked Panthor, and if it's non-flocked he'll be the first figure I refuse to buy.