Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Galactic Protectors Official MOTUC Thread

Ugh... Not sure exactly what could be done to make these guys fit better, imo. To me they kinda look like those cheap GI Joe knock-offs I used to see when I was a kid.
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

So now we complain before a figure is made? Im sure the 4h make em look awesume.

Beef them up with some cool new accessories and I'll be satisfied. You are correct though... these three ARE the major culprits in the NA "bleh" department... LOL!

I think almost all the parts for Kayo is already available:
    Icarius "Kilmer Head"
    Roboto Biceps
    Trapjaw crotch piece
    Bow's thighs

Anyways, I think Cornboy can have a field day with all his robotic parts. I think Kayo, among the three, has the most potential to look awesome.
    "If it looks like a duck, acts like a duck, and sounds like a duck, then it is a GAR "

I almost think these three should come in a three-pack, just to get them all out of the way at the same time and to package them up as a team of sorts... could make them more interesting, IMO.

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by enoch View Post
    So now we complain before a figure is made? Im sure the 4h make em look awesume.
    I don't think thats the point, we're just trying to figure out how the 4H will transform these poor designs into something cool. These guys were pretty much garbage when they were designed to begin with.

I think Kayo will get a new head... and not Reuse Flipshot's.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now who shall I fight for?

I didn't have Vizar or Nocturna as a kid, but I did have Kayo. He was awesome. Sure, he's not the typical MOTU-style hero, but when I was a kid, the impression I got was that his power was just that he was an all-around butt-kicker and weapons maker.

I'm actually looking forward to him in MOTUC.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    i would love these guys to be in my collection.
    i for one really like these characters & know they will fit in well.
    although i would like to see some improvments.
    the idea for nocturna haveing color changing plastic would be awesome.!
    he is the most boring & looks more like a g.i.joe, but still want him. i feel something is needed.
    vizar is alright. i hope for something extra for him.
    think kayo would be cool. another armor to wear or tech suite might make him cooler.
    what are their weapons?

I think Kayo will be the hardest sell. It's the "wife-beater" undershirt I think.

I love the color-change idea fir Nocturna... So, blonde or dark hair for him?

Vizar I think will be pretty cool (Yay for another black dude!), and I'd love Detectir to get made as well.

All in all, I think that the Horsemen could give them the extra panache they need.

(Anyone think Vizar should get a Wesley Snipes head and Nocturna a Stallone head? )
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

Heroic Warrior
    I`m sure, the MOTUC body plus the sculpt from the 4HM will make this characters more interesting.

I see the guys can use same pants and lower legs/boots...

Kayo looks, if he can use Roboto`s or Trap Jaws arms...

I personally think that all three will look great once Classicized. I think the figures have a lot to offer once the 4H get a hold of them. And Vizar's armor once removed might add some more UMPH! to him looking very MOTU-like. Plus once you factor in the shared parts, like giving them Bow's boots and other parts like that, it'll really help to push them into looking like they belong.

As for new parts, I wouldn't be surprised if the 4H give both of them new weapons and gadgets to add more to them.

For them, I'd do something like this:

Kayo:
    1.) Second Helmetless Head or Removable Helmet
    2.) Expanded Detail on his Accessories
    3.) Keep all his original Accessories (Shield, Armor, Bazooka)
    4.) New Club/Baton that attaches to Armor/Shield
    5.) New Pistol that attaches to Armor
    6.) Kronis/Trap Jaw Arms
    7.) Bow's Boots
    8.) Man-E-Faces Pelvis/Crotch

Vizar:
    1.) Second Helmetless Head
    2.) Grappling Hook attach to Armor
    3.) Sculpted in Climbing Gear on back of Armor
    4.) New More Climbing and Infiltration Gear for Accessories (explosives, stun gun, etc...)
    5.) Trap Jaw's Boots
    6.) Trap Jaw's Lower Left Arm/Forearm

Nocturna:
    1.) Second Helmetless Head
    2.) Color-Change Plastic
    3.) Armbands/Bracers be very techno in detail, same for Bandolier
    4.) New Removable Knife Weapon that attached to Leg Strap
    5.) New Removable Pistol Weapon that attaches to Chest Bandolier
    6.) Bow's Boots
    Last edited by Bulkhide; November 20, 2011 at 10:09pm.
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

lol @ Vizar & Nocturna looking like they're part of H.E.M.A.N.

I like the Vizar concept art too.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Smashtoys View Post
    Anyways, I think Cornboy can have a field day with all his robotic parts. I think Kayo, among the three, has the most potential to look awesome.
    THIS.

Robo-arms have SERIOUS potential to 'Not Suck'... The other two... this is a vaild point. Robo-arms... HE can be kind of cool

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Wow, I have never seen those figures before and you are right, they are terrible. They are not even $5 worthy. I'm actually hoping Mattel does not plan to make every NA character into MOTUC.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Wow, I have never seen those figures before and you are right, they are terrible. They are not even $5 worthy. I'm actually hoping Mattel does not plan to make every NA character into MOTUC.
    Well if we keep getting one or even move up to two a year, it'll be a while before they get to these three anyway. Especially if Sebrian, Mara and Crita bump ahead of these guys. I'd like to have them eventually but I agree they are very low priority. Flog and Hydron are high-ish priority right now.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I know I'll get backlash for saying this, but I think they're more interesting looking and far less bland than probably 60% of the Filmation designs.

Kayo doesn't really do much for me, but I LOVE how Vizor looks and I really like Nocturna's blue and purple colour scheme. They also have some great detail going on there with the circuitry, sashes, pockets, etc.

P.S. I always think that Vizar concept art is for Sagitar!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Vizar is probably the hardest sell (I do like his concept art) but I think with a little 4H love even he could be cool.

I used to think Nocturna was sort of hopeless, but I've come around a bit. Space Ninja could be a cool thing with a few more accessories.

I do think the OP's original picture of Kayo does him a injustice. If you strip characters of all their accessories, sure they are going to seem a bit bland! But all suited up I think he could be a very cool figure.

Quote Originally Posted by MISSILE-TOE View Post
    First let me say that I think it is awesome that the NA characters so far are all looking great in MOTUC, and are righting the wrongs that were made many years ago when Mattel decided to make the 1989-1992 NA figures a different scale to the original MOTUs...

All of the Space Mutants, I think, will look great classics-ified...and a majority of the Galactic Protectors will also

That being said, I must admit I am quite worried about 3 of the Galactic Protectors in particular...because, let's be honest, they have nothing particularly interesting going on

The 3 main culprits here are -

KAYO (TARTARUS)

http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...arus_front.jpg

(although with his space helmet, he could look a little like a space medieval knight, so that's okay)

VIZAR

http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...izar_front.jpg

Boring!
    (Although his alternate concept character DETECTOR looks a lot more interesting with his red cape, so I think he'll look good in classics)

NOCTURNA

http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...ries_front.jpg

Super Boring!!

If I was the Four Horseman, I would be loosing sleep over what on earth I would do to improve these super boring characters...and I'm sure if they are reading this they are biting their fingernails in fear and would appreciate any help from us fans!!!

I had a thought that Nocturna could be made out of a color changing plastic (like SDCC Orko?) which would work nicely for his shadowy camouflage feature, and make him a little more special

But what about the rest? Anyone have any ideas?
    Yeah, I hate these all too.

Frankly I dont like Artilla either but he may get to look cool with the 4H.

I agree, these will most likely be weak, and I'd certainly like space mutants more.

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    Nocturna could re-use a lot of parts from The Mighty Spector maybe?
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

I do see your point but like yourself and others have said with Kayo/Tartarus he does look a lot better with his helmet and accessories. Its interesting you say he looks like a space medieval knight as I've always (even as a kid) though he looked like a space Roman Gladiator.

Vizar looks a lot better in the cartoon IMO so I hope we get him in the cartoon colours.

With Nocturna though I 100% agree very boring and I really don't like his colours. He's my least wanted out of all the vintage figures. His colours in the concept are look way better IMO and those colours were also used for him in the UK comic.

Last edited by 13977; December 12, 2011 at 05:24am.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

I those three are considered "bland", what about guys like Clamp Champ, Ninjor, Fisto, or, dare I say, Man-At-Arms ?

Nocturna, Vizar, and particularly Kayo have a lot of potential imo... look at Flipshot/Icarius... a "bland" character just a few months ago... now considered as one of the best MOTUC figure so far.

Change Nocturna and Vizar into Women and they'd be much more interesting visually, wouldn't even need to change the costumes, just their physiques and facial features.

going back to the original post; i think that yes - those 3 figures are a bit boring and un-inspriing ... plus, they don't really feel unique to me - which is something i feel with most MOTU characters and something that makes them special ...

i've mentioned this before, they don't really feel like proper MOTU characters ... but i'm sure that the 4H will do their best with them ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

*IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN*

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    I guess what I am saying is that I hope the 4H take a lot of liberties in the design---I mean Kayo's red jockey's & sunday-best tank top really don't need to come into the MOTUC sculpt...(maybe as a variant, Fruit-of-the-Loom Kayo) and Vizar really just needs to lose the steel sports bra.

These designs are pretty rough---