Thread: MOTUC He-Ro, Son of He-Man

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar

MOTUC He-Ro, Son of He-Man

Today I picked up a paintbrush for the first time in almost three years. My second He-Ro has been sitting there wondering what will become of him, and about a week ago I decided to make him Prince Dare. Why, one might ask? Well, for obvious reasons, he'll never be made, and that's one generation in the Grayskull line that's always intrigued me.

I repainted the chest, boots, hair, gauntlets, and kilt. The Sword of Protection is a repaint of the one he came with. The other sword are the two halves that came with He-Man and Skeletor, adding to the irony. I'm thinking of rerepainting the rest of the boots to make them leathery, rather than gold, however it seems to give a flare of She-Ra.

Here is a taste of his bio, which is leaving out a lot from my personal canon:

He-Ro (II)

Fearing for her newborn's safety, Adora gave her son to the care of her governess Shakra and her mother Marlena, who took the baby into the jungles where Adam had been raised, for his safety. Kept secret, Dare was hidden from the war ravages the Snake Men blazed across Eternia. During this time, Adora disappeared and was believed dead when the Great Rebellion arrived on Eternia claiming their world was destroyed.

When Adam returned from the future on Primus, he faced the Horde in an epic battle for Castle Grayskull. Keldor, recently healed through their return trip, summoned the warriors of Grayskull, past and future to aid them. He-Ro, King Grayskull, Wun-Dar, She-Ra, and an unknown young man stating he too was He-Ro fought valiently. In the end, She-Ra was mortally wounded, and gave her sword to Adam for her son to one day wield. It wasn't until then that everyone realized the young He-Ro carried both the swords of Protection and Power, but by then, it was time for all to return to their times, and Adora to journey beyond with her ancestors.

After the battle, Adam raised Dare as his own, and gave him the swords he and Adora fought with. Growing to manhood, he used both swords to transform into He-Ro, in honor of his forbearer, and fought with both swords. As he grew to become the true King of Grayskull, he held both weapons, calling, "Swords to Staff", reconstituting the original He-Ro's staff, with which to rule justly.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jon-O; November 9, 2009 at 05:35am.

80sMasters.com freespeach Brian Ozone's Avatar
    Thats a cool idea. This Dare character also always made me wonder why the hell didnt they actually go forward with it. But whatcha gonna do.
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    It's your place for Freedom of Speach for everything MOTU, POP, TMNT, , Horror, Wrestling, DC and Batman, and all other properties that are cool.
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Wow.....cool custom man. I especially like your sword of protection. Looks really really nice, great job on that! Also, the bio is interesting enough.....I like it too!

All around....WONDERFUL JOB!!!
    Positive Transactions-greyskull1, Kero, miasboytoy, MOTU_Maniac, Big Country, Beastmangler, biged98, EwR-Disaster, masterenglish, Radrcks, Son Of Keldor, myers04, tattoojunkie74, He-Cowboy, Judeh Simon, Dr Kain, BrandnChicagoHorde, JonnyTyler, Mern-Ra, wolvie3579, Toygiant, Grayskulls Fakor, Villa-man, Fisto69, Mdoclar, degra, Dawg88, Jii Dee & Many More Orgers...

Thanks, guys! When the Goddess arrives, the Corodite Armor is going to him. For now, he's borrowing Uncle Adam's.

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    very nice use of exsisting character (though he isnt part of some peoples canon, i like him)

and i like that you have him as she-ras kid. very interesting take on things.

good work!

Nice custom!
    The gleam of the Power Sword lights your way as you enter the fantastic world of Eternia...

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    nice work & a cool idea.

=)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

A big fan of Slush Head
    Very cool, great idea!! I don't remember seeing a Dare custom before.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Thanks, everyone! I was asked over in the Classics forum for a rundown on what was used, so if anyone wants to make one, here ya go:

The body is all He-Ro, only the corodite armor is He-Man's. Sword of Power is made of the two halves that came with Skeletor and He-Man. The Sword of Protection is the Sword of He that he came with.

Paints were acrylic, Delta Ceramcoat and Folk Art. Matte Medium by Liquitex.

Torso: Flesh tone, then brown and the copper for the tan: Coat in Portrait Light (FA). Dry brush Molasses (FA) and Metallic Red Copper (DC). (Don't water down the paint when you apply the tan! I found that out the hard way.)

Kilt: Molasses, with Metallic Gold (DC) on the buckle and studs. (I left the original blue where needed.)

Hair: Base coat of Metallic Red Copper, then wash of Yellow (DC). Add wash of Pumpkin (DC) depending on how much red you want in his hair.

Boots: Originally, they were going to be leather, then I opted to go back to metal. The feet and back of the boots are Phthalo Blue (DC) and the rest are washed in Metallic Gold.

Gauntlets: All washed in Metallic Gold, with Phthalo Blue on the gem studs.

Sword of Protection: Silver Sharpie on the Sword of He. Because I know how that paint likes to rub off, I coated it with matte medium a few times, but as his grip is so tight, it is still rubbing off. I'm debating repainting with spray paint.

Dry brush matte medium when done, and that's about it...

Thanks for the rundown. I still think the coolest part is the Sword of Protection. You made the "stone" the pefect size I feel. Can we see some well lit but not flashed up close pics of the sword? THANKS!
    Positive Transactions-greyskull1, Kero, miasboytoy, MOTU_Maniac, Big Country, Beastmangler, biged98, EwR-Disaster, masterenglish, Radrcks, Son Of Keldor, myers04, tattoojunkie74, He-Cowboy, Judeh Simon, Dr Kain, BrandnChicagoHorde, JonnyTyler, Mern-Ra, wolvie3579, Toygiant, Grayskulls Fakor, Villa-man, Fisto69, Mdoclar, degra, Dawg88, Jii Dee & Many More Orgers...

Very cool idea and he really looks like a different character, especially with the armor on. I like it.

Thanks again, I'm glad he's well received.

I tried getting some good pix of the sword, but grrr Daylight Savings and it's bad lighting.

Here are some pix showing the boots up close, the sword, and all of the above with the gauntlets.

Edit: Just remembered this pic I took yesterday for the collection thread.

Last edited by Jon-O; November 10, 2009 at 05:01pm.

Thanks friend! I really like the sword...I don't know how many times I'm gonna say that.

The boots are definetly cool as well. I really dig the blue.

You did very well on tying in the outfit. GREAT WORK!

Quote Originally Posted by He-Ryno View Post
    Thanks friend! I really like the sword...I don't know how many times I'm gonna say that.

The boots are definetly cool as well. I really dig the blue.

You did very well on tying in the outfit. GREAT WORK!
    He-Ryno, thank you. You can say it all you want, cuz I love it too! When they released the Sword of He in translucent blue, I thought it'd be perfect to customize, so that the light could shine through like a real jewel.

Great job! Congratulations!