Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So I really want this Stratos...

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash77 View Post
    That is also a very good point of view. Flying monkeys are minions in the Wizard of Oz, so Avatar was a false ally of He-ro and betrayed the preternian MOTU joining later to Hordak...

WEAPONS: Wings of Wickedness, Horde Crossbow
    Last edited by Snake Hunter; November 12, 2009 at 08:53pm.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

I think he would work better as a minion of skeletor since that's how he is shown in that one appearance.

i would NOT want this figure. it would possibly be the first one i would not get as he isn't a unique character.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

they have to do him like that he look's cool

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Heroic Warrior
    I'd buy him as a bonus figure.

And I'd call him...Blue Stratos.

He could even come with this as an accessory:

Quote Originally Posted by Sallah View Post
    not to nitpick another person's custom, but why did you choose the Mer-Man feet over Beastman's?

Sallah
    Because I only have 1 beastman loose that I have on the shelf. Beastmans feet make the most logical choice

I used Skeletors feet and gave the socks to Skeletor to make a Keldor.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    it would possibly be the first one i would not get as he isn't a unique character.
    We are going to make him unique. Avatar is the first evil avian Master in the Universe.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Court Magician

Bonus in the air!

If they made a new version of Stratos to match some of this artwork, I would buy it! I would like a Stratos with clawed toes anyway.

I could dig the idea of "Avatar" being a bad guy. I wonder if the name Avatar would be OK, though. Mattel does have the liscence to Cameron's film, so....
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

It would be cool to get this figure...also not to get of topic..how about the alternate Mer Man (Vengeance of Skeletor) or all red Beast Man (he Man and the Power Sword)
    Great Transactions-Heidi, Man E Toys, Skelehorde(x2), Dr Kain, MOTU Maniac, Mighty Pundragon, Greyskulls Fakor(x4), Soundwavempl, Megalodon, Rossimario,Gobo85, bigassbuzz, busta006, Toygiant, Anti hero, customcrazy, mick4metal, starshine

Ryan Davis
    TX/SL/BH 9164
    NEG 501st

That's what this one is that I did and he's ugly to me. I guess it would be a good one for people that want a hairy flesh colored body to use and customize.

----------------------------------
    Joe

My G.I.Joe page
    Facebook
    EBAY
    D&J Toys - Display Bases and more!

I can't agree more! I've said it before and I'll say it again...I want ALL of them!

Hmmm... actually, I think if the wings were rotated toward the front (as many have done with Stratos, so that the wings are better positioned), the above figure as depicted in J_Man's post would be rather nice.

*lol, a more appropriate pose would help too. Right now, with the spread open legs in that image, he looks like he's about to lay an egg, do some jumpin' jacks, or take part in a scandalous photo shoot of some sort.
    Last edited by River; February 11, 2010 at 12:18am.

Quote Originally Posted by J_Man View Post
    That's what this one is that I did and he's ugly to me. I guess it would be a good one for people that want a hairy flesh colored body to use and customize.

totally chicken

Hehe, yeah. Plucked feather chicken man Stratos. That's why I wanted to Photoshop one. I have seen the various customs and all but a nice virtual version gives even more sometimes. I just can't say I'd want it.

Maybe to have the hairy chest, slap He-Man's arms and legs with Man-at-Arms' head (without the helmet). Put a gold chain on him and we'd have Dis-Co, the hippest man in the universe!
    Joe

My G.I.Joe page
    Facebook
    EBAY

I'm not that keen on a new Stratos - especially not an evil one. Stratos was never evil IMO so there's no need to make him evil now.

A re-fresh/repaint could be ok (with reversed colours, Beast Man feet and a staff), but that flesh coloured version looks wrong.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    Savage Stratos, or Wonder-Bread Stratos.
    wonder bread Stratos, that made my night!

Quote Originally Posted by J_Man View Post
    You made a good photoshop work, but the colors are not REAL to me, if we could see a painted real thing I think that your opinion would be different. His body would be painted with a flesh tone after all, and the added feathers would only make it better.

This is the ultimate stratos I am waiting for, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea of sorrow View Post
    You made a good photoshop work, but the colors are not REAL to me, if we could see a painted real thing I think that your opinion would be different. His body would be painted with a flesh tone after all, and the added feathers would only make it better.

This is the ultimate stratos I am waiting for, by the way.
    Nah, I think this version of Stratos is now forever "Dis-Co - The hippest man in the universe!"
    Joe

My G.I.Joe page
    Facebook
    EBAY

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo-Ro View Post
    I had no idea they were going to make him evil at one point. They seem to really be focused on the early mini-comics, so I can see them doing him.
    He wasn't a villan, even in that early minicomic. Read it... it clearly states he was secretly spying on the villans. how they failed to notice him is beyond me...

Quote Originally Posted by brianatarms View Post
    Geez I forgot that Stratos A-looked like that and B- he was a villian at first.
    Read above..... stratos was never a villan. that picture is misleading, I had the same confusion too, until I actually read the comic.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy View Post
    I'm not that keen on a new Stratos - especially not an evil one. Stratos was never evil IMO so there's no need to make him evil now.

A re-fresh/repaint could be ok (with reversed colours, Beast Man feet and a staff), but that flesh coloured version looks wrong.
    same as I was thinking.... to me, the flesh colored stratos was just a mistake from the beginning. There's obviously a good reason why his color was changed since that time. maybe because it looked like crap?

imo, there's alot of characters I'd much rather see than another Stratos. i wouldn't write off the posibility of that version being made, but to me, it'd be an easy one to pass up. to me, Stratos is grey, with red wings. any other color isn't Stratos to me.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Multibot View Post
    He wasn't a villan, even in that early minicomic. Read it... it clearly states he was secretly spying on the villans. how they failed to notice him is beyond me...

Read above..... stratos was never a villan. that picture is misleading, I had the same confusion too, until I actually read the comic.
    The reason why people are discussing this version as a possible villain is because Stratos was meant to be one originally, and this would make for a separate character. It's just a discussion for fun.

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar

I don't think he looks 'flesh tone' in this picture. He seems to have a sandy colored look - like the fur on a camel. Also, his face and body are a different color.

A possible name for the character could be "Nikko: Evil avatar of Skeletor." Nikko was the name given to the leader of the flying monkeys in the credits of The Wizard of Oz movie. The name Nikko comes from the Japanese city of the same name (Nikkō), where the famous Three Wise Monkeys shrine ("See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil") is located. In the western world the phrase is often used to refer to those who deal with impropriety by looking the other way, refusing to acknowledge it, or feigning ignorance. Those traits could possibly be worked into the character.

Last edited by Captain Atkin; February 11, 2010 at 05:44pm.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

Really good mock-up J_man! I think probably the furry loin cloth should be blue and the belt should be red, but that's just my guess.

I confess I'm not really that interested in Stratos though. I hope his fans can get him though.

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    I think that this character would be a nice nod to the past. Probably best to have him come from Wun-Dar's era. It would be interesting if his people were at war with the heroes back then, and then somewhere down the road they came to peace with each other.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

I'm fond of the Avion type names. In my MOTU world, there was a Stratos species character named CIRRUS. Stratosphere.... cirrus clouds... you see why I'm a genius...

Throw in the suggestion: CIRRUS.

Perhaps the guy ran with the baddies and that complicates Stratos' history a bit.... righting the wrongs of his ancestors, perhaps?
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!