Thread: Does anyone remember Max Steel?

Heroic Warrior

Does anyone remember Max Steel?

Does anyone remember the cartoon Max Steel I heard its been turned into a movie.

http://www.collider.com/2009/07/13/p...-feature-film/
    Last edited by dwanyewest; November 12, 2009 at 03:17pm. Reason: spelling mistake

This is the "Maxx Steele" I want to see brought back.

LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Robo Force was awesome!
    Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing.--Optimus Prime ROTF

Heroic Warrior

Misunderstanding

I meant this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yHV_CReFN0

Plus it looks like Taylor Lautner is set to play him I think its sad a little know character like Max Steel can get into production. The franchise is only really popular is Latin America. Yet MOTU can't even get off the ground

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/hero...max-steel.html
    Last edited by dwanyewest; December 5, 2009 at 05:14pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I saw a toy from the new Max Steel line at TRU today. Seems like he's really just Max Steel in name only. A totally new look. No real connection to the character other than getting toys for my nephew back in the day. At TRU, they just had a version of Max with a vehicle. Nothing else, yet. I will say, though, I really liked the look. It reminded me very much of Tron. I might pick a couple of these figures up... although the line seems like it could be like Generator Rex where it just flops and everything gets clearanced later.

Apparently, there A new 'Max Steel' series on Disney XD.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    As a big fan of the Six Million Dollar Man, I liked the nano-take on the idea of a cyborg super-spy in the original Max Steel series. It was a good mix of characters and stories, and I really liked it. And, if I recall, his father was supposed to be Mattel's Big Jim. And I still love the tag line, "Going Turbo!"

The new series looks to have absolutely no connection, and the previews I've seen haven't really given me any interest in the show. I don't get Disney XD right now, so I don't have any first hand knowledge of the show (if it's even started yet).
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

I can remember Maxx Steele and Max Steel. I have figures of both.
    "Milk that cow, George, milk it! MOO!!" ~ Optimus-Prime's response to the announcement of 3D versions of the Star Wars films.

Didn't the Horsemen sculpt the Bio Constrictor figure for the original 12" line?
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Yeah, I think it was one of the first things (if not THE first thing) they sculpted for Mattel.

I saw these last night on a trip to TRU. Almost bought them, but Toys R Us wanted $15 each for them. I decided I'd wait until they're a few dollars cheaper elsewhere.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

I don't remember Max Steel and I've always believed that I have good memory.

Max Steel actually had a halfway decent videogame on the Sega Dreamcast.
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Seems like he's really just Max Steel in name only.
    Yeah, it certainly does. It looks like they've turned him into a Power Ranger-esque helmeted hero, which is nowhere near as cool (imo) as the superpowered spy from the old series.

Shame, I enjoyed the original show and toyline, but this bears no resemblance to it at all.

I saw some of the villains today, so I picked some figures up. I got Toxzon, Dredd, the pictured Max Steel above, and a two pack with Elementor and Maxx.

I found some with decent paint apps on Maxx. The reason he has no hip articulation is because he has an action feature where you squeeze his legs and he raises his gun. It's a little boring, to be honest. You can extend his gun but then it just looks silly and badly designed. I did like the way his visor lit up.

The bad guys are the best. Toxzon was the main reason I bought any of them. He has a cool design, and the light-up feature is nice. One claw lights up and the other shoots out. Dredd has a neat action feature, but mine already doesn't work quite right. You can snap these blades back and he has an arm that lights up, or push the blades forward and press a button in his arm, that causes the blade hand to spin and light up. It looked pretty cool, but like I said it only works intermittently already.

The two pack is okay. It was pretty decently priced. It features a helmetless Max with a light-up blue sword. You lift it up, and it comes crashing down and lights up. The sword (like the gun above) is permanently molded into his hand. The villain he comes with, Elementor, has a feature where when you hit his head his arm explodes off and fragments of his back launch like missiles.

Apparently Mattel are launching this line in a HUGE way in Latin America where the old Max Steel was always popular. TONS of figures are already out there now: http://www.maxsteel.com/es-lam/toys/category/see-all/

Not totally sure if I'll keep these or not. Maybe Toxzon. But with Dredd already breaking and the other ones so lackluster, I might just return them to the store or give them away to younger relatives. I do like the look of the line, but I have other things to spend money on.

Heroic Warrior
    I remember Max Steel from when I used to collect 1/6 figures they were nice figures I had 2 in my collection.
    "These are the days of high adventure"

I've seen a few episodes of the series now; it isn't bad, and there are some nods to the old show as far as returning characters go. I'm coming in on the middle, so i'm still piecing things together. It's nowhere near as well scripted or thought out as the original, but it's watchable. I saw the figures at TRU and took a good look through them. Minimal articulation, no small figure of Steel as himself I could find, and overall looking like oversized dollar store stuff. Definitely not worth the money; if the same figures were 4" and cheaper, I might have given it a try, but this scale makes the designs look really sparse and cheesy. They've been there for a while and I could still find the whole set last time I looked (and it didn't look like a re-stock had occurred). Too big, too pricey for what you get.