Thread: Looking for help with New Adventure characters

Hybrid View

Marketing Manager at Mattel Toyguru's Avatar

Looking for help with New Adventure characters

He-Fans,

As you know, we are looking to bring some of the New Adventures characters into the Classics line over the next few years (and the first one will be in the first half of 2010, but it may not be who you think!).

One of the ways we prep for this line is by getting samples of all the old figures. While we have loose figures, our archive does not have packaged samples of every NA figure.

So we'd like to turn to the fans. It would be very helpful if fans who have carded samples of NA characters can post the bios from the back of all the NA figures in this thread. We won't be repeating them verbatum, but we want to include some elements in the new Classics card backs. We have the first few NA bios complete already, but as we get to more obscure characters in the coming years, access to the orignal bios would be great!

If fans can create a complete NA biosl list in this post, that would be very helpful to our entertainment team!

TG

A big fan of Slush Head
    Awesome!! I'll scan what I have a so soon as I get home.
    I am very excited about this!!
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Slush Head cardback scan and bio added!

As promised, here's Slush Head's cardback scan...he finally arrived today!

Awesome figure!

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/n...y/Kalamaar.jpg

So I guess NA will remain all males. I kind of figured we wouldn't get Critta, but I thought for sure that Mara was fair game since there was a proto. What a bummer.

Wasn't the costume she wore on the action figure created by Mattel? I don't recall her wearing that outfit in the cartoon. I could be wrong I haven't watched NA in ages.

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post

Wasn't the costume she wore on the action figure created by Mattel? I don't recall her wearing that outfit in the cartoon. I could be wrong I haven't watched NA in ages.

That's right the prototype had a totally different outfit.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    That's right the prototype had a totally different outfit.
    Good call Mike, Eurorko, and Dagar . I put some pics together. Mara and Crita would've made great toys back in the day. Even though it sounds like chances are slim to none for either of these two characters appearing in the new line, it can't hurt to post this here I suppose. The biographical information (lovingly written by Org member Dagar) and animation stills are taken from the second BCI/Entertaiment Rights' New Adventures of He-Man DVD set. Most of the prototype images are from the Grayskull Museum website:

Mara is Master Sebrian’s young assistant. She is very intelligent and bright. She and Caz stepped up to pilot the Starship Eternia when the Galactic Guardians were busy elsewhere and word had to be taken to He-Man to come back to help save Primus. Since then, she has risen in skills and stature and can be counted on to help out whenever she is needed. She reaches the pinnacle of her career when she is made the Primus Ambassador on a visit to Necron and shortly after becomes Queen of the Mytes. Alongside her loyal friends she fights against Crita and the Gleanons with her ponytail mace capable of swinging the advantage to their side.

Crita is the only female member of the Mutants and possibly the smartest and most vicious. Her feminine side sees her concerned with her appearance, but beneath the exotic exterior she is a nasty piece of work. Skeletor is most fond of her because she is one of the few Mutants who comes close to his intelligence and evil. She travels to Necron and forms a relationship with the evil Gleanons, who decide to honor her by making her their queen. Queen Crita carries a whip by her side on the battlefield.

Last edited by River; December 6, 2009 at 10:18am. Reason: add info

Heroic Warrior
    Those profiles sound familiar... Oh yeah, that's because I wrote them! lol

I don't remember alot of NA, because at the time I was getting into TMNT, but I remember getting a He-Man and Flogg two pack from my Aunt for Christmas, and mom got me a Skeletor and Hydron seperate, but wrapped in a present together. I also got the Super Naturals playset "Tomb of Doom", and that was NA Skeletors castle. I remember loving them for a time, but moving on after. Didn't get any of the other characters, but have been watching the NA DVD's and am enjoying immensly.

don't know why I rattled that off, sorry. Return to your regularly scheduled thread.
    Once you kill the cow, you gotta make a burger
    Positive Trade with : Thehorde,

Movie mayhem!
    this is quite encouraging! The fact that TG expects to get to more obsure NA characters eventually! :-)

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    2 more clues...

• It's not who we think...
    So it's not the obvious NA He-Man, NA Skeletor, Optikk or Slushhead? Maybe it's Lizorr!

• And it's either the April, May or June figure.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Ooooh! I just collected all the NA figures again before MOTUC came out. I saved all the cardbacks and things. I'll see what I can dig up if Mike doesn't get to it first.

The only NA character I have on card is Vizar (I should really let him out of his plastic prison), I'll get him out and either scan or type out the cardback!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I've kept the bios. Once I return home I'll start posting them. You need jpgs or just written text?

I hope I kept my Sagitar box...I know I cut out that bio--if he had one.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    2 more clues...

• It's not who we think...
    So it's not the obvious NA He-Man, NA Skeletor, Optikk or Slushhead? Maybe it's Lizorr!

• And it's either the April, May or June figure.
    Lies, good sir! it could be a feb/march if he is a bonus fig.. (which I hope it is) because I really don't want to get 4 of him as my monthly

I don't have any NA cardbacks, but OMG, am I looking forward to reading all the bios that will be posted here in this thread!

Heroic Warrior
    ***Please be sure to follow fourm rules on back to back posts and images, Thanks***

Artilla, Butthead, Disks of Doom Skeletor, Flipshot and Flogg...
    Attached Images Attached Images

I thought I saved this one...here's Staghorns...

Staghorn
    The Towering Mutant Tracker from the deepest, darkest part of the frozen Fog Zone on the evil planet Denebria. His dreaded shield of horns and heat-seeking eye enable him to move through the dense ice clouds and flip anything in his path out of the way.
    Mission: To capture Sebrian, the wisest man on Primus, and the most zealous supporter of the Galactic Guardians in the Planetary Council. There is no place to hide from this high-tech hunter.
    Battle Equipment: armor/battle antlers and axe blaster.

---

Note the mention of Master Sebrian!
    Edited to add: I see Dagar's uploaded them all now.

Heroic Warrior
    ***Please be sure to follow fourm rules on back to back posts and images, Thanks***

Nocturna, Optikk, Quakke, Skeletor and Staghorn...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Unfortunately, all my figures are loose - so I'm afraid I can't help out here, but it's good to hear more news on the NA front!

Bang your head!!!
    Lets keep at the topic at hand guys.
    If you have the bios to post, great! But, if you are going to post and ask why Mattel does not already have these, save it for another day.

With that said, I have access to 1 or 2 bios at the moment. I have no clue where all the cardbacks are (I have them all including Missile Armor Flipshot).
    I'll see what I can do tonight and over the weekend, but Im sure some other hardcore NA fan will beat me to it ...

Shame it won't be Flogg as its sounds like its gonna be a off centre character.

Sorry TG threw away my packets back in 1990 lol.

Can't wait to find out who it is.