Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for help with New Adventure characters

Marketing Manager at Mattel Toyguru's Avatar

Looking for help with New Adventure characters

He-Fans,

As you know, we are looking to bring some of the New Adventures characters into the Classics line over the next few years (and the first one will be in the first half of 2010, but it may not be who you think!).

One of the ways we prep for this line is by getting samples of all the old figures. While we have loose figures, our archive does not have packaged samples of every NA figure.

So we'd like to turn to the fans. It would be very helpful if fans who have carded samples of NA characters can post the bios from the back of all the NA figures in this thread. We won't be repeating them verbatum, but we want to include some elements in the new Classics card backs. We have the first few NA bios complete already, but as we get to more obscure characters in the coming years, access to the orignal bios would be great!

If fans can create a complete NA biosl list in this post, that would be very helpful to our entertainment team!

TG

A big fan of Slush Head
    Awesome!! I'll scan what I have a so soon as I get home.
    I am very excited about this!!
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Movie mayhem!
    this is quite encouraging! The fact that TG expects to get to more obsure NA characters eventually! :-)

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    2 more clues...

• It's not who we think...
    So it's not the obvious NA He-Man, NA Skeletor, Optikk or Slushhead? Maybe it's Lizorr!

• And it's either the April, May or June figure.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Ooooh! I just collected all the NA figures again before MOTUC came out. I saved all the cardbacks and things. I'll see what I can dig up if Mike doesn't get to it first.

The only NA character I have on card is Vizar (I should really let him out of his plastic prison), I'll get him out and either scan or type out the cardback!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I've kept the bios. Once I return home I'll start posting them. You need jpgs or just written text?

I hope I kept my Sagitar box...I know I cut out that bio--if he had one.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Oooo! I love these kinds of posts.

So mysterious.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Hey Toyguru,
    Maybe they have hi res scans over here for viewing...Never hurts to ask!

http://www.theearthtoymall.com/headve.html

I liked the NA stuff as well, but was just getting too old to really play with them anymore...I bought them though and dug the new characters introduced!
    Would love to see some of them!
    There is a member named bigassbuzz who sells on here and seems to have some of these as well on this site with packages.
    http://tfieds.com/useritems.php?user_siteid=12535
    PS

http://www.toyarchive.com/STAForSale...loogMOSC1b.jpg

http://www.toyarchive.com/STAForSale...loggMOSC1b.jpg

http://www.toyarchive.com/STAForSale...shotMOSC1b.jpg
    Last edited by Cottonwood; November 12, 2009 at 04:00pm.
    Fantastical!

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    The fans will be GLAD to help out any way we can. I love the tease too! We get a NA figure in the first half of 2010! That's great! Thanks TG!!

Unfortunately, all my figures are loose - so I'm afraid I can't help out here, but it's good to hear more news on the NA front!

Bang your head!!!
    Lets keep at the topic at hand guys.
    If you have the bios to post, great! But, if you are going to post and ask why Mattel does not already have these, save it for another day.

With that said, I have access to 1 or 2 bios at the moment. I have no clue where all the cardbacks are (I have them all including Missile Armor Flipshot).
    I'll see what I can do tonight and over the weekend, but Im sure some other hardcore NA fan will beat me to it ...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    2 more clues...

• It's not who we think...
    So it's not the obvious NA He-Man, NA Skeletor, Optikk or Slushhead? Maybe it's Lizorr!

• And it's either the April, May or June figure.
    Lies, good sir! it could be a feb/march if he is a bonus fig.. (which I hope it is) because I really don't want to get 4 of him as my monthly

I don't have any NA cardbacks, but OMG, am I looking forward to reading all the bios that will be posted here in this thread!

Shame it won't be Flogg as its sounds like its gonna be a off centre character.

Sorry TG threw away my packets back in 1990 lol.

Can't wait to find out who it is.

Heroic Warrior
    ***Please be sure to follow fourm rules on back to back posts and images, Thanks***

Artilla, Butthead, Disks of Doom Skeletor, Flipshot and Flogg...
    Attached Images Attached Images

I thought I saved this one...here's Staghorns...

Staghorn
    The Towering Mutant Tracker from the deepest, darkest part of the frozen Fog Zone on the evil planet Denebria. His dreaded shield of horns and heat-seeking eye enable him to move through the dense ice clouds and flip anything in his path out of the way.
    Mission: To capture Sebrian, the wisest man on Primus, and the most zealous supporter of the Galactic Guardians in the Planetary Council. There is no place to hide from this high-tech hunter.
    Battle Equipment: armor/battle antlers and axe blaster.

---

Note the mention of Master Sebrian!
    Edited to add: I see Dagar's uploaded them all now.

Heroic Warrior
    ***Please be sure to follow fourm rules on back to back posts and images, Thanks***

Nocturna, Optikk, Quakke, Skeletor and Staghorn...
    Attached Images Attached Images

This very awesome! Someone find the Sagitar bio!!!!! Maybe that will get them to make him sooner than later
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Heroic Warrior
    Here are some notes I have saved in a Word file too...

Battle Blade Skeletor - The Evil MASTER OF THE UNIVERSE! Skeletor has been transformed by lumina radiation absorbed in an atom-smashing explosion. His eyes blaze with evil and his Battle Armor glows with power.
    Mission: 1)To slice He-Man down to size and lead him to a shameful end at the Galactic Guardian Games on the planet Primus. 2) To seize all the power in the universe.
    Battle Equipment: Quadro-blade, deflector shield & luminactive Battle Armor.
    Intensity of glow varies with the amount of light used.

Battle Punch He-man
    The most powerful man in the universe! Only He-man, with his ultra-energized sword and shield, can defeat Skeletor's new weapons -- the Disks of Doom. A stranger stranded in a strange place and time, He-man has a lot to learn about the future world of Primus. And, the gentle people of this peace-loving planet have a lot to learn about the evil of Skeletor from He-man.
    Mission -- To unite the Tri-Solar System against Skeletor and lead a star-legion of Galactic Guardians into combat to defend the last great civiliation of mankind.
    Battle Equipment: Powersword & Energy Shield

Kalamarr – Evil mutant moron and goon squad member from the Quagmi Swamp on alien planet Denebria! Has suckers on his arms and water on his brain!

(This would've been a European card as Kalamarr was the name for Slushhead in Europe. Also, the bio is less detailed than the American card.)

SAGITAR - Galloping Battle Beast from the planet Palomar, Sagitar was saved from a life of slavery in the Denebrian mines by He-Man. In return for his freedom, he carries He-Man into battle on his back and uses his palomite running knuckles for galloping or serving up super knuckle sandwiches for Mutants. Although some of the Galactic Guardians don't like his beastly manners they are glad to have this four-armed giant on their side in battle.
    Mission: To use all four of his mighty arms, his shield, and his sword to help He-Man free Primus from the evil clutches of Skeletor.
    (Back of packaging: Carries a figure on his back. Poseable Arms. Bend torso for galloping or battle poses. Lazer sword. (yes, "Lazer" with a "Z") Energy shield. Running knuckles. Sides of packaging: Stands up for 4-fisted battle action. Carries a figure on his back.

SPIN-FIST HYDRON - The Courageous Commander of the Galactic Guardians! With a spin of his wrist, Hydron fights the battle against evil. He sometimes travels back in time with Lieutenant Flipshot to search the universe for He-Man.
    Mission: To use his rotating wrist to create a whirlpool for capturing mutant invaders on the Primian sea.
    Battle Equipment: Triton spear gun & helmet.

TOO-TALL HOOVE (on back listed only as HOOVE) - A transmuted giant among mutants who walks tall when Skeletor is not around.

Discs of Doom Skeletor
    While hiding, Skeletor discovers a secret power base. There he finds the Discs of Doom, a weapon so powerful that it might mean the end of He-Man, at last!

Lizorr
    Cold-blooded goon squad mutant from the burning Gorn desert on evil planet Denebria. Has armour plated skin and wears a climate control pack.

Skeletor
    A bionic blend of the ultimate evil! Has escaped from Eternia to the Triax Galaxy where he has begun a new reign of terror to enslave the future!

(As the last three are short, they would've doubtless been transcribed from European packaging too.)

Astrosub: Sleek fighter jet and astral submarine
    Primary Mission: 1) To carry He-man, Hydron,or Flipshot on their land and spacesea patrols of the Tri-Solar System. 2) To defend planet Primus from the atacks of Skeletor and the evil goon aliens from the planet Denebria
    Main Base: The Galactic City home of He-man and his brave galactic guardians on the Primus moon of Enos.
    Battle Specs: 2 fighting modes. 1) Jet mode with bomb sight for high altitude bombing. 2) Astrosub mode with wings and periscope up for streamlined, spacesea reconnaissance.

BATTLE BIRD - Ground-strike skimmercraft & supersonic pursuit jet
    Primary Mission: 1) To glide over the battlefield and bomb attacking mutants or grab them with its combat claws, 2) To carry He-Man or other Galactic Guardians into space with turbo speed.
    Main Base: Galactic City on Enos one of Planet Primus' lunar satellites
    Battle Specs: 1) Scans for hidden enemies, 2) Dual action combat claws, 3) Stealth and turbo flight modes
    (also on back) Com-station seats Guardian figure, Wings fold in for turbo flight, Scan action neck, "Bomb" breaks apart on impact, Fold out claws for landing gear, Trigger on back handle - Push to open claws, drop "bomb" or grab figures
    (on front) "Scanning Action Turbojet", Grab Menacing Mutants, Drop Break-Apart "Bomb"
    (on sides) Grab Menacing Mutants, Fold wings in for turbo-flight, Neck scans from side to side, Drop Break-apart "Bomb"

BOLAJET: Low altitude "skimmer" battle vehicle.
    Primary Mission: 1) To carry He-Man or a brave Galactic Guardian on low altitude reconnaissance patrols to defend planet Primus. 2) To engage in close range battle with Skeletor and his evil goon aliens from planet Denebria.
    Main Base: The Galactic City on the Primus moon of Enos in the Tri-Solar System.
    Battle Specs: Twin turbo jets launch bola weapon to wrap and capture Skeletor and enemy mutants.
    Doomcopter
    Night-strike helicraft
    Primary Mission: 1) To transport Skeletor from space base Skuldor to the battlefield, 2) To launch surprise attacks againt Guardian forces.
    Main Base: Space Base Skuldor on planet Denebria's hollow moon.
    Battle Specs: 1) Guardian grabbing jaws for hand to mouth combat, 2) Rip-rotor for wrecking guardian strongholds, 3) Skull shield glows in the dark for midnight sneak attacks.

Electronic Powersword: Master the Power of the Universe!

NORDOR - Evil asteroid fortress and battle base for Skeletor!
    (Not much text, just short descriptions in a few different languages)
    (On Back)
    Crater Look-Outs, Projector Screen, Removable Asteroid Projector with 2 Action Film Strips, Control Labels (note: just the stickers to be applied), 2 Space Weapons, Rotating Battle Door, Folding Platforms, Evil Throne! (my note: yes, with an exclamation point behind it!)
    (On side)
    Adjustable projector shoots film images onto playset screen, walls or ceiling!
    Portable! Everything stores inside! (my note: with some careful arranging!)
    Evil Throne!

Rocketdisc Power Pack:He-Man blasts Skeletor with 3 weapons in one!
    A mobile back pack launcher!
    A moveable photon ray gun!
    A stationary ground weapon!

Shuttle Pod: Ultimate Throne Ship of Doom
    Primary Mission: 1) To carry Skeletor into battle against He-man and his Galactic Guardians from planet Primus. 2) To transform into battle throne for the evil lord Skeletor.
    Main Base: The Gorn crater hide-out of Skeletor and his evil goon aliens on desolate planet Denebria in the Tri-Solar System.
    Battle Specs: Wings pivot to transform ship ito a maneuverable battle hover-craft. Ship docks on top of Terroclaw it become a rotating observaton tower and throne when cockpit canopy is opened. Detachable weapons store in rear compartment for easy access.

Skeletor Skull Staff
    Hold the staff of Skeletor in your hands and control his awesome power!
    Your Mission: To use the awesome powers of the Skull Staff to vanquish your intergalactic foes.
    Battle Specs: Sound selection switch gives you a choice of different sounds: a laser blast, thunder, evil laugh, or battle swing swoosh. Some sounds are actrivated when you push the fire button, others when you move the staff.
    Use Sound mode switch to change from normal sounds to thunder-echanced sounds and back again. When you use the thunder mode you'll hear rumbling thunder in addition to the sound you choose.

Starship Eternia
    Transform it into 12 action modes!
    Battle Specs: 1) Starship 2) Ground base command 3) Space station 4) Ground based battle station 5) Deep space probe 6) Communication satellite 7) Science lab 8) Docking pad 9) 2 stealth probes 10) Mobile attack base 11) Observation tower 12) Launching pad
    Heroic Astrosub and evil shuttle pod dock on Starship.
    Working elevator, doors open, figure sits in command module, and wheels transform ship to ground vehicle.
    Flashing lights and battle sounds.
    Command module is separate vehicle.
    Stands up to 1 metre tall!

Terroclaw: Battle Destroyer and Transport Tank.
    Primary Mission: 1) To carry Skeletor and his evil goons, Flogg and Slushhead, into hand-to-claw battle against He-man and the brave, galactic guardians. 2) To wreak havoc and destruction on peaceful planet Primus.
    Main Base: The Gorn crater hide-out of evil lord Skeletor and his goon aliens on desolate planet Denebria in the Tri-Solar System.
    Battle Specs: 3 attack modes featuring crusher claw. 1) Low riding roller tank for sneak attacks. 2) Tread foot tank for attacks over rough terrain. 3) Upright robotic shield for charging attacks.

Dread Tread
    Evil Assault Vehicle
    Evil assault vehicle with multi-action features!
    Battle Specs: 1) Al'terrain treads 2) Battle-station seats figure 3) Plug-in laser gun 4)Paseable robotic arms & head.

Turbo Tormentor: Skeletor attacks He-Man with 3 evil weapons in one!
    A mobile back pack launcher!
    A hand held blaster!
    A stationary ground weapon!

Missile Armor Flipshot
    Hook 'Em Flogg
    Electronic Thunder Punch
    Electronic Terror Punch

This is all good reading :-)

I just hope that mattel doesn't make the villains stupid or dumb

Marketing Manager at Mattel Toyguru's Avatar
    If someone wants to put just the bios only without commentary on why or why not we have them (sorry, our archives are only so much complete!) that would be great. Really, we're looking for a straight shot of all the bios in text form. Happy to read comments, but that would be great for another thread!

Scanned images with the bio art are cool too!

Fans keep asking how they can participate and help the line, well, here is a direct way!

Here's some to start with. If any box fronts are needed or in higher DPI let me know. The box art was really cool on Sagitar and the Terrortread.

Heroic Warrior
    On JVS3's recommendation I have uploaded all the files I have into a photo album on my profile. Please check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagar View Post
    On JVS3's recommendation I have uploaded all the files I have into a photo album on my profile. Please check it out.

Excellent!
    Here's a link to said album: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hp?albumid=517
    Bill :: guitargod694