Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Looking for help with New Adventure characters

Quote Originally Posted by TIRPITZ View Post
    I've been wondering for years if anyone have an US Slushead cardback, as I've never seen him on US card. My guess is, until further proof, that Slushhead was only available in USA in a two-pack with He-Man. The single pack Slushhead was only released Europe, and he was named Kalamarr and had a shorter bio.
    I asked about Slushhead a while back and everyone swore they saw him on a US signle card. No one has yet to show one

Ok who is missing yet? I've got the whole line MOC and will post pics of what is needed yet.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

However, Toyguru, i would suggest to read the bios from the 1990 UK annual. They are more in depth than those from the toy cardbacks.

I've started putting the 1990 Annual up. I've gotten through to the Galactic Guardians.

http://he-man.org/publishing/item.php?id=2179

I'll try to get the rest scanned and put up tonight.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Lizorr is another character that i've never seen on US card.
    We've never gotten Lizorr in the States.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

These bios are fascinating to read! That's a shame about Mara. She would be a great figure.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I've started putting the 1990 Annual up. I've gotten through to the Galactic Guardians.

http://he-man.org/publishing/item.php?id=2179

I'll try to get the rest scanned and put up tonight.
    The annual is the early version of NA.

Was Sebrian the leader of the Galactic Council in the cartoon, or did he answer to them?

Darius returns to the past with Flipshot instead of Hydron. In the normal version, Hydron is a captain who returns with Flipshot.

Vizarr's early model is depicted with Kayo's (Tartarus) bio, while Kayo is shown with Vizarr's bio.

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    I'd like to suggest using some of the European names of the figures as their "real names" for the bios.

Flipshot - Icarius
    Flogg - Brakk
    Slushhead - Kalamarr
    Kayo - Tatarus
    Tuskador - Insyzor
    Artilla - Weaponstronic
    Spinwit - Tornado
    Quakke - Earthquake
    Sagitar - Tharkus
    I've had this exactly in the back of my head for a long time now. However in these cases I think they often sound better as "also known as" than as "originally named", e.g. the US-name "Artilla" sounds more like an actual name than the Euro-name "Weaponstronic", where as the Euro-name "Icarius" sounds more like a name than the US-name "Flipshot"... There are a few examples in both directions... I'm good as long as both names get mentioned in the context of the bios, but I do think "a.k.a." works better for the NA-figures than "original name"... Anyway, I'm looking forward to the first NA-characters!

[EDIT] Just did read through the rest of the thread and saw you already do have a plan for the Euro-names - so never mind my comment. Looking forward to see what you guys cooked up for us!!

And Darius not to be a safe bet at all - well that's a huge surprise!! I REALLY hope he'll get a MotUC-figure some time! I always wanted him when I was a child - now I really need him to be part of the new line-up to add 2 or 3 of him to my collection(s)!!! Hope you'll find a way to include him! Rather sooner than later as far as I am concerned... [/EDIT]

By the way: I'm betting the first NA-character will be Kayo a.k.a. Tatarus. Time will tell, but I think he's a pretty safe bet considering Toygurus statement about it being an unexpected character...

edDy
    Last edited by Evil Ed; November 13, 2009 at 12:17pm.
    Evil is a point of view - Lestat in Interview with the Vampire

See my trading feedback here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

I've been wondering for years if anyone have an US Slushead cardback, as I've never seen him on US card. My guess is, until further proof, that Slushhead was only available in USA in a two-pack with He-Man. The single pack Slushhead was only released Europe, and he was named Kalamarr and had a shorter bio.

Lizorr is another character that i've never seen on US card.

So I don't think we'll be able to provide a complete bio for those two, sadly.

However, Toyguru, i would suggest to read the bios from the 1990 UK annual. They are more in depth than those from the toy cardbacks.
    i'd almost bet my ENTIRE NA collection that there was never a US single carded slush head as i have been searching for one for YEARS and nothing has turned up.

as a kid i always thought it was odd that he was never by himself. luckily i got the he-man/shush head 2 pack and not the one that came with skeletor since then i would have never had slush head OR the comic that came only with the single release skeletor.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Yes, that's what I am thinking too. That's a shame because Lizorr is one of the best figure from the line.

Distribution of the NA figures was odd at times, with some available only in USA, and others only in Europe.

As an example, let's take the last wave of figures :

Thunder Puch He-Man : available on US and Euro card
    Battle Blade Skeletor : available on US and Euro card
    Spinfist Hydron : available on US card only
    Missile Armor Flishot/Icarius : available on Euro card only
    Too Tall Hoove : available on Euro card only
    Hook'en Flogg/Brakk : available on Euro card only

As this was the last wave of figure before the line got discontinued, I makes sense that the last four figures were only available in Europe... but why was Spinfist Hydron never available on Euro card is what puzzles me...

Missile Armor Flipshot wasn't on a US card? I really remember seeing one of those at Wal-Mart in the US... I'm almost positive.

I've never seen him on US card so far. Any picture is welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Amazing never knew that usually it the other way around, he's one on the NA figures my brother and i have got and he's still got all the weapons etc
    Last edited by Coptur; November 14, 2009 at 09:49pm.

Distribution of the NA figures was odd at times, with some available only in USA, and others only in Europe.

As this was the last wave of figure before the line got discontinued, I makes sense that the last four figures were only available in Europe... but why was Spinfist Hydron never available on Euro card is what puzzles me...
    That's consistent with my collection. I have Spin Fist Hydron, but not Missile Armor Flishot, Too Tall Hoove or Hook'em Flogg. I thought they were SUPER rare in the states all this time...

Was Sagitar really rare too? I remember hunting along time until I eventually got him at TRU.

I'm enjoying this thread but not happy about Mara!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Hope these help.

~Co-Lec-Tor
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Co-Lec-Tor; November 14, 2009 at 01:55pm.
    "Heroic Master of Collecting!"

Yes, that's what I am thinking too. That's a shame because Lizorr is one of the best figure from the line.

Hi Reg!

I think Too Tall Hoove was also released on US card.

Here is a proof picture (bad quality but this is the only one known in the world):

I have never seen A US carded one for sale since 15 years

Now for Toyguru about the bios, I have a lot of scanned bios (and most of them were already posted here unless Missile Armor Flipshot and Hook'Em Flogg) If you need them please send me a PM I would be glad to help you!

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    Yeah, you're right about Mara.
    She was created for the show and then Mattel was creating the figure.

But Darius is a Mattel creations 100%
    There isn't just the prototype for him, but also tons of other Mattel development documents prooving that.
    Aside from that hard-to-find material, he appeared on Mattel catalogs since day 1 along with the first wave of figures. It was long before the cartoon was announced.
    Shot me an email when you get chance, I'm sure I can provide lot of info on Darius
    I totaly agree with Emiliano about Darius, here is a scan of my Nocturna back card (first european edition) and Darius is shown on it :

I hope this can help you guys at Mattel to create this character!

See you guys! May the Power Of Grayskull be with you!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by musclor.fr.st; November 15, 2009 at 05:05am.

Heroic ursine warrior sailoruranus's Avatar
    Don't forget that Darius showed up on that slide projector that came with the Nordor playset.

Quote Originally Posted by sailoruranus View Post
    Don't forget that Darius showed up on that slide projector that came with the Nordor playset.
    Darius is also pictured on the back of my foreign Kalamarr and Icarius action figure cards.

If we can possibly have a Vikor, Gygor, Adora, and so on... then surely Darius is a possibility. At least he did appear on published NA toy packaging. Unless Toyguru is pulling our leg about Darius, I'm thinking that either NA He-Man or Kayo will be the first NA character released next under the MOTUC banner. They could probably use the most parts from the already released figures (I can definitely see Kayo using Trap-Jaw's left arm). For that matter, Kayo was incorrectly referred to as He-Man in the Mattel art book, lol, so someone at least likes the look of him. Personally I think that Darius looks a lottttttt like King Randor. Darius even uses the same color scheme, blue cape and all. When I first saw the King Randor prototype at San Diego, I actually thought of Darius first, and Randor second. Darius' armor already lends itself well to the abdominal crunch feature also.

Alas, I thought it would be a good idea to collect as much of Darius' information in one place as possible. I transcribed a good bit of the information given in the 1990 He-Man annual (images of which were lovingly posted by Org member JonWes). The images are gathered from the Grayskull Museum website, online auctions, the Org, the 1990 He-Man annual, and He-Man NA advertisements and comics. The card back illustration is from my Kalamarr foreign card back. This will be a long post, so... forgive me, but I have to support Darius! By the way, the back of his prototype figure... while I can’t make out everything from the online auction image, I can decipher “1988 Malaysia.”

Darius’ biography and supplemental information, transcribed from the He-Man 1990 World I.P. Annual:

Darius’ Biography:

”Darius is the leader of the Galactic Council. It was his memory of ancient legend that prompted Icarius and himself to travel back through time to Eternia to find He-Man. His energy mace is a powerful weapon which can strike terror into the hearts of Skeletor’s goons.”

Supplemental information on the Galactic Guardians from Darius’ biography page from the above mentioned annual:

”The Warriors of Primus:

The fight between good and evil has gone on since time began. This is why He-Man and Skeletor have battled constantly for control of the powers of the universe. However, since both have been brought forward to the future, they have found themselves fighting alongside new allies.

In He-Man’s case these are the brave warriors and Galactic Council members of Primus. Each has his own special role to play in the battle to save their planet from the attacks of Skeletor, Brakk, and their Denebrian goons.”

Additional mention of Darius from page 6 and 7 of the 1990 annual:

”His (Brakk’s) plan was to keep the Galactic Council divided, for he knew that this would weaken them. When they were weak enough he planned to invade Galactic City and seize power.

Seeing the size of the threat that faced them, the Galactic Council of Primus were at first unsure what to do. Just as the evil Brakk had hoped that they would, they began to bicker amongst themselves. An attempt by the mutant swamp sucker Kalamarr to pollute Primus’ Guardian Sea almost succeeded in getting the different council members fighting amongst themselves. However Darius, the courageous council leader, managed, with the help of the mysterious Nocturna from Mida, Primus’ Eastern Continent, to calm the arguments between the different factions and a plan was formed.

According to ancient legends of Primus, a great warrior would arrive from the past to fight for Primus in her most dangerous hour, and so the council ordered a vast starship prepared. Captain Icarius, Primus’ finest space pilot, was summoned from Cerius, the cloud city of the Western Continent, to fly the ship, whilst Darius himself was placed in command.

The whole of Galactic City gathered to watch the great ship’s departure, knowing that it carried all their hopes with it. If Darius and Icarius were unable to steer the starship through the time turbulence that guarded the Laser Gate to the past, then Primus and its different peoples were surely doomed. For without some other, greater force to help and guide them, they knew that they would be unable to resist Brakk’s renewed attacks. The riches of their world would be squandered and stolen and they would be reduced to slaves.”
    Last edited by River; November 15, 2009 at 08:53pm. Reason: typo

great job River!!!! i think this is emough info to at least get a good foothold for Mattel on any legal front concerning Darius.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Uploaded some more of the He-man 1990 Annual here:
    http://pics.livejournal.com/jonwes/g...002xed2?page=2

More to come, and I'll add it to the ORG once it's back up to.

It seems like everything is pretty much taken care of, I am surprised nobody has told Jack O about this. He would probably love to see how fast Orgers were able to answer the call for NA information.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Wow!! Great pics! Many thanks!

This thread is outstanding. Kudos to everyone involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    Damn it sucks to hear that about Mara. I was really looking forward too seeing her in MOTUC.
    You can say that again. What a crushing development!

Slush Head cardback scan and bio added!

As promised, here's Slush Head's cardback scan...he finally arrived today!

Awesome figure!

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/n...y/Kalamaar.jpg

So I guess NA will remain all males. I kind of figured we wouldn't get Critta, but I thought for sure that Mara was fair game since there was a proto. What a bummer.

Wasn't the costume she wore on the action figure created by Mattel? I don't recall her wearing that outfit in the cartoon. I could be wrong I haven't watched NA in ages.

Heroic Warrior
    I was big into this He-Man line, and He-Man was carded with Flogg here in the US. That two pack was my first purchase of the line, and I remember getting Flipshot/Skeletor 2 pack that Christmas and pretty sure seeing Slushhead on the shelves by himself a few months later (though I couldn't tell you if he had an actual US only cardback).
    Slushhead was packed with Hydron in the dual pack assortments.
    Last edited by Viper Steve; December 4, 2009 at 10:37pm.