View Poll Results: He-Man's violence level on the Silver Screen

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • He-Man will leave you unharmed. Filmation violence.

1 0.61%
  • He-Man will punch foes out, but not kill. MYP violence.

45 27.61%
  • He-Man should only kill in extreme situations.

41 25.15%
  • He-Man should kill in battle, but is merciful to surrendering foes.

64 39.26%
  • He-Man should dutifully slay every threat to Eternia.

3 1.84%
  • He-Man is bloodthirsty and lusts for battle.

9 5.52%

Thread: He-Man's violence level in movie

Hybrid View

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

He-Man's violence level in movie

This poll is to see how violent the fans think the live action He-Man should be.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Heroic Warrior

PG 13 for me please!

Like I said before I don't have a problem with killing but I feel the violence should be PG 13 anything else is excessive.

Quote Originally Posted by dwanyewest View Post
    Like I said before I don't have a problem with killing
    Right. Remind me to stay away from you then!

He-Man should only kill in extreme situations.
    He-Man should kill in battle, but is merciful to surrendering foes.

I'm in between these two but I voted for the latter. he shouldn't go out of his way to kill anyone, but a battle is a battle. I figure he should be as violent as Mr. Incredible. but since he's got a sword it would seem more violent than that.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

He-Man should kill just in extreme situations.
    The gleam of the Power Sword lights your way as you enter the fantastic world of Eternia...

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    So far, people think that He-Man is definitely carrying that sword, axe and shield for a reason...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Heroic Warrior

How is a sword a tool?

We can all agree He-man primarily has a sword. How is a sword a tool you are familiar with with what the definition of word is?

–noun
    1. an implement, esp. one held in the hand, as a hammer, saw, or file, for performing or facilitating mechanical operations.
    2. any instrument of manual operation.
    3. the cutting or machining part of a lathe, planer, drill, or similar machine.
    4. the machine itself; a machine tool.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Tool

The killing thread is the one where one of the posters described them using weapons as tools. I'm fairly sure they described it in more detail, but you'd need to go and look to check.

I voted He-Man should kill in battle, but is merciful to surrendering foes. But I should clarify. I want to see him tear through SKELETOR's Bone Warriors and things like that, but I don't want him decapitating CLAWFUL, or sneaking up behind MER MAN and ripping his throat out like Rambo.
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vahn View Post
    I voted He-Man should kill in battle, but is merciful to surrendering foes. But I should clarify. I want to see him tear through SKELETOR's Bone Warriors and things like that, but I don't want him decapitating CLAWFUL, or sneaking up behind MER MAN and ripping his throat out like Rambo.
    Why Not? Just kidding.
    “You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing.” George Benard Shaw.

The level of killing should just match common sense. I think that you would consider Aragorn from LOTR, Jason Bourne, and Captain Kirk from the new movie to be honorable heroes even though their body count and brutality are different. And you also have to remember that these guys are all warriors that knowingly pick up swords against each other. It's the level of violence shown on screen that needs to be looked after. Now would He-Man go around killing people like a crazed maniac? No. He'd probably just go thru one enemy after after another to get to his goal, whether it'd be to save Teela or stop Skeletor from entering Grayskull. Who's got time to ask each opponent whether they plan to surrender or not. If you don't want to get killed, drop your freakin sword. I don't think a He-man that's willing to kill would make him less heroic. I mean no one thinks of Luke Skywalker as a blood thirsty warmonger. Even Leia choked the hell out of Jabba. And Han shot first dammit!

I think Filmation is an unfair comparison. They went out of their way to avoid any sort of hand to hand confrontation. I don't think they've ever clashed swords unless it was one hit to knock someone's weapon off their hands. Each time they raised a weapon, a stun beam came out. It's the last thing I want to see from a theatrical movie.

I think the violence should be similar in style, levels, and approach to films such as POTC, Star Wars, Lone Ranger...fun, action-oriented, PG-13 stuff.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!