Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Reissue He-Man Video Review!

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar

MOTUC Reissue He-Man Video Review!

Hey guys, back with another MOTUC review! This time taking a look at the new Reissue He-Man figure, comparing him to the original release. Is it worth dropping your money on another He-Man? Check out the video to see!

One thing I also want to mention that I forgot to in the video: the weapons are made of the same harder plastic that the first He-Man had. So, no soft weapons here!

Any more questions, feel free to ask!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Another great review!!! ...

I missed out first time so I've been waiting for the re-release for some time now! ...

Roll on tomorrow ... !
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Great review, Dan!

I'll be picking one up just because he can ride Battle Cat more easily.

Another great review, Dan. Thanks again for doing these. I do think I'll try to grab one of these reissues. My HM has wonky eyes, and I'd kinda like to have an extra to display as a disguised Faker.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

My 1st release He-Man has "high hair." Your original release looks as though his hair line is the same as the re-release. Just more incentive for me to get this re-release. I have hated the red eyes since I first got him.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Don't forget the smaller crotch piece!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by suckator View Post
    Yeah, but that will just make him less popular with Teela.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Has that been confirmed? I noticed that Pixel Dan didn't mention it in his review.

does nobody notice that his eyebrows have a different shape? he's got the Faker eyebrows and looks much more aggressive!

Oh my God ...
    I was waiting close a year for this guy ...now tomorrow is the day
    Thanks Dan !

Isn't he also less glossy then the first release?
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

Great review Pixel!

Maybe it's just me, but it seemed like Dan was about to make a pot reference when discussing the "red eyes", but reigned himself in at the last second.

Great review by the way!
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Dan,

How are the joints? Many people complained of a loose ankle joint the first go around. Are your figure's joints tight?

Can't wait for your review of Randor!

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

If we could get some side-by-side comparison pics of the crotch piece that would be great!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Quote Originally Posted by danvin View Post
    does nobody notice that his eyebrows have a different shape? he's got the Faker eyebrows and looks much more aggressive!
    Yes indeed, he has a more agressive expression now, indeed Faker's eyebrows.

The crotch piece is not smaller, it's a softer plastic than before. Don't you guys listen You just watched PD's review, he's mentioning it a couple of times, even shows it in his video.

Great video. It seems to me that the rerelease is not as glossy as the original. I remember Matty made a comment about it too.

I's still a great looking figure, but I actually like the original more. I think the lack of red around the eyes makes the face look plain. I also liked the gloss.

Quote Originally Posted by tyr112 View Post
    Great video. It seems to me that the rerelease is not as glossy as the original. I remember Matty made a comment about it too.

I's still a great looking figure, but I actually like the original more. I think the lack of red around the eyes makes the face look plain. I also liked the gloss.
    Yep he's less glossy, as mentioned on mattycollector.com. I will buy 2 new He-Men but I'm not changing my loose He-Man on display. He's fine as he is. My one doesn't have so much red around the eyes and he ain't very glossy. There's only one original He-Man and that's the first one. Can't put another one on display and retire the first one

I can't quite understand why some like the red eyes; looks like he is wasted or needs to take some Zanex.

Quote Originally Posted by kk2 View Post
    The crotch piece is not smaller, it's a softer plastic than before. Don't you guys listen You just watched PD's review, he's mentioning it a couple of times, even shows it in his video.
    We don't mean the loin cloth, we're talking about the crotch piece underneath the loin cloth - the part the hip joints connect to.

Oh yeah sorry, sleeping already.

Just one other thing different about the packaging ( very small detail) on the bottom of the original release it says "1 figure and 4 accessories", now it says "1 figure and accessories". "The original" burst and contents description are the only package changes.
    Most Powerful Man In The Universe

Yeah I was gonna mention this too. I'm pretty sure I could tell from the video that the figure does in fact have the small crotch piece.

Also, I am a bit curious about the tightness of the joints as well, especially the ankle joints.
    – No comment.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Ok guys, here we go.

- Yes, the crotch piece is smaller than before. It matches all of the released since this initial run of He-Man, Beastman, etc. I failed to mention this. I'll try to get pics and post asap.

- The joints do seem tight. I also didn't have loose joints in my original, so I guess when I was comparing the articulation, it didn't even hit me to need to mention it. But the joints on mine are all tight. This could be something differs on a figure by figure basis, though. Hopefully, everyone gets tight joints.

- Personally, I don't really notice a difference in the eyebrows. I looked at that before doing the review, and decided the difference wasn't big enough to point out. I'm looking at mine side by side right now, and still can't see too much of a difference. *shrugs shoulders* Maybe that's just me.

Thanks guys!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

great review, but I wonder, are the eyebrows are slightly more arched in the reissue?

edit: doh. question sort of answered. I think I notice a difference, but it doesn't really matter. my original has very loose joints, and that sort of annoys me. I'd rather have them too stiff and tight than too loose. Zodak was perfect. Same with Teela. I hope there's a trend to make the figures a bit more solid, and a bit less flimsy. That was what put me off Marvel Legends years ago.