Thread: PowetToys: MOTUC He-Man/Reissue/Faker Comparison

Widget

PowetToys: MOTUC He-Man/Reissue/Faker Comparison

This seemed like the most appropriate place to post a toy review.

Constructive feedback is welcome. Stay til the end for a treat.

http://powet.tv/powetblog/2010/01/06...eissue-he-man/

I saw this on the other day on Youtube and I liked it, especially the end bit was great.

- Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

Review was boring, but the ending was great.

Pretty good review, albeit a bit long. Staying to the end was worth it though! Great stuff!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

WOW that review was painful! I almost ****** my pants and forgot my name.
    Most Powerful Man In The Universe

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    The review was a teensy bit long and could have benefitted greatly from some editing and cut-away shots, but I think it was still a good job and very informative. One of the most informative reviews I've watched.

Point I really liked:

- Original vs. re-issue sales time-frames
    - Why Faker became a monthly figure
    - Showing the differences in the shoulders (I almost died laughing at this part: "and...that's about all there is to it."). Most fans didn't see the difference but you pointed out very well how the original was vs. how it was supposed to be.
    - Loincloths. I didn't even realize the newer ones were "hollowed out" so thank you for teaching me something!
    - Rivet ankles. Didn't really notice that either. Would fix all the loose problems. My re-issue Skeletor cannot stand and He-Ro and Tri-Klops can BARELY stand.
    - Show clips/Faker explanation.
    - Ending cartoon. That was awesome!

I think the main thing that would benefit in future reviews is if you did something like PixelDan does. When speaking of a specific thing, like Faker's tampographed "sticker", show a close-up of his chest with armour on, then the sticker exposed, etc. This gives you time to explain what you're talking about and keeps the viewers visually interested at the same time.

Good overall job.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by TE-MAN View Post
    WOW that review was painful! I almost ****** my pants and forgot my name.
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyjaco View Post
    [/url]

DarkSpecter: Thank you. I actually had a frame showing the close up of Faker's chest decal and also a frame showing an up close shot of the He-Men's eyes for the eyeliner, but I must have missed putting them in the final edit. Oops!

Heroic Warrior
    The review was fine, I'm not a public speaker, so give you props for getting on cam to do one in the first place. The strong suit though and where you could really make it your own is the stop motion cartoon at the end. I LOVE the ending! My constructive criticism or props would be go into the animation business like you did at the end. Video toy reviews are pretty niche market anyhow at this point, but you could totally brand this your own by doing the stop motion plays with the toys. I imagine you could edit together all sorts of fun stuff. Then add in the monthly figure as they come out to interact with the other figures of your choosing. Only problem would be when a figure comes out that wasn't in one of the cartoons, but you could get creative with that too.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyjaco View Post
    This seemed like the most appropriate place to post a toy review.

http://powet.tv/powetblog/2010/01/06...eissue-he-man/

Classic & 200X fan
    This guy has been my favorite youtuber for a VERY long time. I LIKE the fact that his vids are over 10 minutes. For any Transformers, or Marvel Legends fans, you need to check out his other reviews.

And Crazy, your stop motion is the smoothest I've ever seen. Do you have a secret, or do you just make a million frames? Whatever you do is fantastic lol. I agree about the first release He-Man making a better Faker, after the blue one is exposed btw.

But size wise...how do they compare next to a wooden hippo?
    big geek

I was just kidding of course, I thought it was a thorough review( tad long ).
    The ending was great and I'm sure it took a lot of time and patience. WELL DONE.
    Most Powerful Man In The Universe

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Kafos View Post
    This guy has been my favorite youtuber for a VERY long time. I LIKE the fact that his vids are over 10 minutes. For any Transformers, or Marvel Legends fans, you need to check out his other reviews.

And Crazy, your stop motion is the smoothest I've ever seen. Do you have a secret, or do you just make a million frames? Whatever you do is fantastic lol. I agree about the first release He-Man making a better Faker, after the blue one is exposed btw.

But size wise...how do they compare next to a wooden hippo?
    Thanks!

This was my third attempt at stop-motion animation. The first was in my original MOTUC He-man and Beastman review. To give you an idea, it took me a full week to do the one minute of animation at the end of this He-man/Faker video. Though, now I think I've figured out a couple things to expedite the work a little. Lots of fun to do, but super tedious.